Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 5:59:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are there any shops in Seattle left?
View Quote
This. The tax isn't raising money because people can drive for 10 minutes and avoid it. Since they don't have the authority to stop that circumvention, they could increase it a thousand-fold and not hit their "goal". With every % they increase it, gun owners are motivated to drive outside city limits. Doubling the tax will probably DECREASE the "revenue".
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:22:04 PM EDT
[#2]
If I were to pay the violence tax, does that mean I get to be violent?

Think of it like a scumbag hunting permit...is there a catch limit?  Do I need to pay it for each thug that I bag, or is it a one time pay for the year?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:28:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
What about the ones that uphold it?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Something very bad should happen to people that propose this shit.............
What about the ones that uphold it?
What do you think?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:32:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The "gun" violence epidimic is real, but in this case it's not being caused by guns.  See if you can find what these cities have in common:

These are per 100,000 people. They were made by someone defending Chicago as being "far from the worst gun violence city."

https://www.thetrace.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Five-Year-Murder-Rates.png

https://www.thetrace.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Non-Fatal-Shootings-1024x0-c-default.png

Article with more detail

View All Quotes
Quoted:
The "gun" violence epidimic is real, but in this case it's not being caused by guns.  See if you can find what these cities have in common:

These are per 100,000 people. They were made by someone defending Chicago as being "far from the worst gun violence city."

https://www.thetrace.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Non-Fatal-Shootings-1024x0-c-default.png

Article with more detail

Earlier this year, The Trace explored how “murder inequality” leaves black residents of some economically isolated neighborhoods in starkly disproportionate danger of getting shot. Contributor Daniel Kay Hertz found that in two Chicago neighborhoods — Burnside and Fuller Park — the homicide rate was more than 100 per 100,000 residents, more than five times the city average.

In St. Louis, 45 percent of shootings this year have been clustered in just eight neighborhoods, according to police data.
The takeaway from that is that New Orleanians are disproportionately effective at killing what they shoot at.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:44:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The takeaway from that is that New Orleanians are disproportionately effective at killing what they shoot at.
View Quote

exactly what I thought

OR it is more a statement on emergency services.

researching the disparity in deaths versus wounds between cities would actually be interesting and useful.
@scotchymcdrinkerbean
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:53:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Used to live between Mill Creek and Everett. I always took two extra mags with me when we went to Seattle.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:02:39 PM EDT
[#7]
So not shooting people isn't enough to combat gun violence?  

You have to pay a tax because some other person shot someone.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:42:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

exactly what I thought

researching the disparity in deaths versus wounds between cities would actually be interesting and useful.
@scotchymcdrinkerbean
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

exactly what I thought

@scotchymcdrinkerbean
I need to look at the above links, but here, while the number of shootings is climbing pretty quick, the murder rate is advancing at a slower pace.  I think our having a Level I trauma center, despite our small size, big city wise, helps with that, along with the fact that right before Katrina our EMS was one of the first in the country to move away from the "stabilize them, then once that is good and done, then let's roll to the ER," model to the "OK, he/she ain't gonna dump his/her entire load of blood on the floor during the ride, let's haul ass to the ER RFN" model.

Without wandering into any wildly long tangents about how the shooting rate is gonna continue to go up due to DOJ rules and "transformative justice" and "social justice" LE models which are driven by the MSM, which increasingly seems to set LE policy in our nation, that's all I have for now.  (Partly because I just got back from an entirely impromptu and unscheduled wake for a wonderful old rapscallion of a Vietnam Vet who had the bloody temerity to up and fucking die on us without any sort of clearance, permission, or decent warning, the bleeding bastard, and, drunk as I am right now on a school night (as it were,) I had five frigging paragraphs typed here on the topic of crime in America, but managed to go back a page and lost it all to the winds of the stupid computer gods.  I might try again at some later time, when the cold harsh bitch that is sobriety has claimed me once again in her evils claws.)  Well, maybe.  Might have typed more than was good for me anyway.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:38:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Something very bad should happen to people that propose this shit.............
View Quote
Have you seen that place?   It is.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 10:11:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Article with more detail

Earlier this year, The Trace explored how “murder inequality” leaves black residents of some economically isolated neighborhoods in starkly disproportionate danger of getting shot. Contributor Daniel Kay Hertz found that in two Chicago neighborhoods — Burnside and Fuller Park — the homicide rate was more than 100 per 100,000 residents, more than five times the city average.

In St. Louis, 45 percent of shootings this year have been clustered in just eight neighborhoods, according to police data.
I've seen photos of Mardi Gras and the people are all drunk, thus their poor shooting ability.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 10:25:04 AM EDT
[#11]
national gun violence epidemic
View Quote
No, its not national.

Its a problem completely within a few vibrant urban centers.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top