User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 1:47:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 2:00:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Hey, I've noticed some pretty interesting screen names and signatures.  How about some insight on why you call yourself what you do and/or what your signature means (if it's not obvious).  L'man
[marines]
View Quote

1. wetidlerjr=[b]My name[/b]-W. E. Tidler Jr.
2. Men in togas are conspiring against me.
3. I like to slap people on the 'net that claim to be lawyers. I don't believe [b]ANY[/b] of them!
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 2:02:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine is because I also shoot bows (3d archery and indoor target) numbers are birthdate. I have always used Archer as callsign in all flightsims since Falcon 3.0  Sig line is from "Reign of Fire" it was said when they were celebrating the death of a dragon and not recognizing the loss of them men who died while doing it..but it might change when something else strikes me as significant.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 2:08:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 2:23:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Screen name: tribute to heavily armed 1960s adventure television shows.
Sig line: from an "alternative" comic book, "Those Annoying Post Bros."
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 2:30:02 PM EDT
[#6]
My avatar tells you where my screen name comes from. And the signature is something most guys can relate to.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 2:50:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I picked AKsRule cuz the 1st gunboard I was on
was AK47 net - I just kept it and use it on all
the Gunboards now .( no confusing who I am )

Sometimes people here give me grief about it.
(like I'm some guncrazy kid or AR15 basher )

Makes me laugh cuz the first centerfire rifle
I ever shot much was my issue M16 , and I
never even touched an AK type before my
mid - forties [:D]

The sig line?   Well, just becuz they are so
dam Huggable! [bounce]
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 3:01:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Zaphod is a main character in what has to be the most hysterical series of books ever written. It's also short, easy to remember, sounds cool, and can be easily abbreviated as "Z"..
View Quote

Mr. Beeblebrox, I presume?  You're right,that was a VERY funny series...too bad the author died.  
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 5:18:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Got my screen name from Latin. Ientaculum Vulpes. Signatures are random. [:P]
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 7:25:52 PM EDT
[#10]
I live in West Virginia.
I shoot.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 7:41:31 PM EDT
[#11]
cyrax was is my fav character from Mortal kombat and 777 as in jackpot.

id suggest you google for a meaning of my sig since i might violate CC if i explain.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 7:53:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The pic is of Naval Security Group Attachment Northwest which was my last command.
View Quote

It's Naval Security Group [b]Activity[/b].

Feb 92 - Feb 95
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 8:13:43 PM EDT
[#13]
screen name: Trog 20+ year nickname. - (long story)
The 777 got added over the years because evidently I'm not the only Trog.

Link Posted: 6/12/2003 8:18:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 8:18:44 PM EDT
[#15]
7IDL = 7th Infantry Division (Light)

I was there for the transition from regular infantry to light.  quite a difference.
Had a good time (for the most part).  That was the start of my Army Service.  Chose it vs some other units/ideas I had as it was the one that started me down the path I took.  7IDL was in my eyes, a trend setter for modern light infantry.

my sig line is self explanitory. [:)]
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 8:22:08 PM EDT
[#16]
san·guine (snggwn)
adj.

Of the color of blood; red.

Of a healthy reddish color; ruddy: a sanguine complexion.
Archaic.

Having blood as the dominant humor in terms of medieval physiology.

[i]Having the temperament and ruddy complexion formerly thought to be characteristic of a person dominated by this humor; passionate.[/i]

[red]Cheerfully confident; optimistic.[/red]

I am what I am and thats all that I am

and I really can't think of one damn good thing to put down there.

Link Posted: 6/12/2003 8:52:57 PM EDT
[#17]
I became facinated by the Desert Eagle .50 AE about 9 years ago. Sadly, I still don't own one. Its shortened the way it is because back in the good old days, IRC networks restricted nickname lengths to 9 characters.

My pic comes from a card game, and I think its a pretty good representation of me. Learned and helpful, but not someone you'd walk up to and start talking with.

My sig is a truncated version of Maxwell's wave equations. I've got a degree in Computer Engineering and took a number of E&M courses getting it. I wanted to put in some different equations, but they're all too long.

Jonathan
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 9:43:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Now Jonathan, why in the world wouldn't anyone want to walk up and start talking to you? You're like a damn overgrown teddy bear.

Hell, the last gunshow we went to I think about a hundred people came right up and talked to you.

Yeah. Weather is fine. We should have gone shooting. Going to rain until further notice I'm afraid.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 10:36:36 PM EDT
[#19]

"PARSHOOTER"

hmm...  I play golf and I shoot guns.  

On the golf side, 'par' is the expected number of strokes it takes to complete one of 18 holes, or the total strokes expected for playing 18 of the holes on a course.  

I'd dearly love to be a "ParShooter".  Fact of the matter is:  I'm closer to a "12-strokes OVER PAR-shooter".  But that's a bit long for a screen name.  

'Hacker' would have been better.  

However I'm ALWAYS 'shooting' for PAR, or better....
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 11:18:57 PM EDT
[#20]
My name reflects  part of my heritage.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 4:14:36 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm at work right now...any questions?
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 5:23:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Yours is the best Slacker!!!

C4
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 8:16:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Now Jonathan, why in the world wouldn't anyone want to walk up and start talking to you? You're like a damn overgrown teddy bear.

Hell, the last gunshow we went to I think about a hundred people came right up and talked to you.

Yeah. Weather is fine. We should have gone shooting. Going to rain until further notice I'm afraid.
View Quote

I discount the gunshow because I had my "assassin's pistol" (as my CCL class instructor referred to it) with me, and there are a lot of people looking for a good deal on one.

That being said, it was raining off and on here yesterday... and the day before that. Probably will today too, and for another week... or two

Jonathan
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 8:37:08 AM EDT
[#24]
USMA89 is the the school I went to and the year I graduated.  The picture is the crest.  I thought it would supply some good laughs because anyone who was in the army has run into a West Pointer that was an asshole.  However, most of the feedback I have recieved has been positive.

My sig line came from an NCO(3 tours in Vietnam with SF) who was helping me train for SFAS, he always said to me:
"CPT(he also used to call me numbnuts), you are going to be the fastest guy in the slow group!"
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 8:39:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Well, I work for a power company, and I keep with it, even when weird stuff happens. Last night during a trouble call, I was given a switching order that I feel was incorrect. I opened a switch under load, and got a 10 foot ball of 12,000 volt fire in my face!! This switch is not designed to break load, or extinguish an arc, and I wasn't informed that I would be picking up load or breaking it! I was using an insulated switching stick, about 10' feet long, (this is what saved me) I just ended up with "sunburn". I'm not planning on quitting, so I'm just a slave to the power co.
As for the sig line, despite all of the things that are going wrong in our country, I still believe in what we stand for.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top