Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:54:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Page 2 says ban schumer
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:55:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

No, gun owner, probably conservative, we can't risk you having the potential of making a bomb. You are a bomb maker waiting to happen. We must start the crime before it happens.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:55:08 PM EDT
[#3]
This is not the face of a trustworthy individual.

Sen. Chuck Schumer (holding an example of what an ice pack bomb could look like) introduced a bill to make homemade explosives an illegal act. source

So we're banning ice packs for the children?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:58:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Ban dry ice..............for the chilluns.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:59:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Sad thing is,that fuck isn't going anywhere unless he decides it or gets deaded.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:00:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

He could make it more illegal then.

Like double or even triple illegal...

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just make it illegal to kill people.

I may be wrong, but I believe it already is

He could make it more illegal then.

Like double or even triple illegal...

and the penalty is "double, secret probation"?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:03:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I guess that's the most important thing going on right now.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:06:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Pass a law to lock Chucky up in a rubber room.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:07:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jan/18/schumer-outlaw-homemade-explosives/

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - U.S. Sen. Charles Schumer says he is introducing legislation to make it illegal to build homemade bombs.
View Quote

The New York Democrat said Sunday that current federal rules could potentially allow someone to make homemade explosives without breaking the law. He says that the Boston Marathon bombing and the publication by terrorist groups of recipes for homemade bombs show the need to criminalize the activity.

The senator says the legal loophole hinders law-enforcement efforts to stop acts of terror and violence. His legislation would outlaw bomb making, though exceptions would be made for businesses with a license to create explosives for legitimate uses.

Specifically, the bill would authorize the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and other agencies to arrest those who are manufacturing homemade explosives.

View Quote

There is a whole federal code section dedicated to explosives and DDs, both homemade and commercial.

Not to mention the fact that every state has laws on explosives as well.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:07:15 PM EDT
[#10]
So what is he going to do?  Ban ice packs?  And fuck everyone who packs perishable things like fish through the mail?

No bombing act has been done with AN gleaned from ice packs.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:08:58 PM EDT
[#11]
If only it was illegal to make bombs the Boston bombings wouldn't have happened

The only way you could actually stop people from doing this sort of stuff is if you banned or heavily restricted all oxidizers, banned reloading powders, banned blackpowder and also banned people from buying/owning fireworks.  After all, somebody could cut open fireworks and pour the blackpowder into a pipe to make a bomb.  Oh, they'd also need to ban ammo in general because someone could pull the bullets and use the powder to make bombs.  Let's also ban propane, gasoline and possibly sharp knives while we're at it.  Surely that will stop people from doing bad things.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:09:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I'd be surprised if keeping gunpowder in general didn't get caught up with this kind of bullshit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm curious as to what "homemade explosives" are currently legal in the US.  

Tannerite, in act ANY Binary target material would fall under this.  Reenactors, and just home chemists, Pyrotechnic/Firework makerswho make their own Black Powder...all would fall under this, High Power Rocketry guys who make their own Pyrogen Ignitors, and large (REALLY Large) Motor grains...this type of thing can have VERY Far-reaching consequences

I'd be surprised if keeping gunpowder in general didn't get caught up with this kind of bullshit.

You can pry my reloading supplies from my cold dead hands.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:10:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Tannerite. The bill could also potentially be used to outlaw gunpowder for reloading, as a bomb could be made from that. It could also outlaw having more than a certain amount of ammo so you can't pull bullets and build a bomb. It's schumer, so it's likely more back door gun control.

Eta: punctuation
View Quote

I don't think they have the balls to try this.   There is a line - that is way on the other side of it.

Last time someone tried this here we kicked their ass back over the Atlantic.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:13:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I don't think they have the balls to try this.   There is a line - that is way on the other side of it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tannerite. The bill could also potentially be used to outlaw gunpowder for reloading, as a bomb could be made from that. It could also outlaw having more than a certain amount of ammo so you can't pull bullets and build a bomb. It's schumer, so it's likely more back door gun control.

Eta: punctuation

Yeah, they're cowards.  Basically they wanna slowly peck away at your rights hoping that you won't notice.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:15:14 PM EDT
[#15]
He can go fuck himself with a rusty pitchfork.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:16:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:21:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Maybe we should make it illegal to blow up buildings/people. Oh...wait...
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:23:27 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jan/18/schumer-outlaw-homemade-explosives/

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - U.S. Sen. Charles Schumer says he is introducing legislation to make it illegal to build homemade bombs.

View Quote

The New York Democrat said Sunday that current federal rules could potentially allow someone to make homemade explosives without breaking the law. He says that the Boston Marathon bombing and the publication by terrorist groups of recipes for homemade bombs show the need to criminalize the activity.

The senator says the legal loophole hinders law-enforcement efforts to stop acts of terror and violence. His legislation would outlaw bomb making, though exceptions would be made for businesses with a license to create explosives for legitimate uses.

Specifically, the bill would authorize the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and other agencies to arrest those who are manufacturing homemade explosives.

View Quote

Pay attention right there. 1st amendment and all that.

When the interwebz was new there was a lot of hand wringing about "too much freedom of information" and everyone would be making nuclear weapons.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:25:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Well we gotta ban grain elevators...

Flour

Corn Starch

Wood Dust

Just to name a few...

http://youtu.be/LPIZ5Movuiw

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:27:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
With a tax stamp you can make a grenade.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:28:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Bullets have gunpowder in them, maybe they will tell us we can only own 10 bullets, any more than that may constitute a felony for storing substantial amounts of gunpowder in individual sealed containers
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:30:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Schumer is the originator of ammunition control, mark my words this will eventually have something to do with reloading. This fucker plays chess.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:43:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Well, I would like to think that we should have nothing to worry about since the GOP controls the both chambers......right?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:44:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Chuck Shumer is a total moron , we need to make it super double illegal with a side of flatulence
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:47:58 PM EDT
[#25]
So I guess he is going to outlaw Organic and Inorganic Chemistry from being taught in High School and College.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:50:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I'm more curious if a law like this would have stopped things like the Boston bombing similar to how gun free zones stop shootings?
View Quote

Yes because the ass wipes would not want to break the law.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:52:05 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Interdasting. So 200 bucks per .40 Glock?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:52:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just make it illegal to kill people.

But it needs to be made more illegaler.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:57:45 PM EDT
[#29]
ammo/reloading bill.    
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:58:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'm more curious if a law like this would have stopped things like the Boston bombing similar to how gun free zones stop shootings?
View Quote

Making bombs is already illegal.  This wont stop shit.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:07:09 PM EDT
[#31]

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:11:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not about stopping anything.  Just a sneaky attempt at banning reloading powders or tannerite because they're related to guns.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:12:27 PM EDT
[#33]
They use that word legitimate like they know what it means.

i'm going to guess fun will not be legit.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:12:30 PM EDT
[#34]

That looks scary man.  We need to ban those or require permits to make them.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:13:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
He wants to make making illegal bombs illegal?
View Quote

"More" illegal....extra illegal and possibly "fatally and irredeemably" illegal.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:14:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

it was Sunday...thats ALL that matters to Chucky-Cheese...... EVERY Sunday he has to have SOMETHING to tell the Media, so the voters still know he's alive...
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:16:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:18:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Super Douche just wants his name on some feel good legislation which will only result in one thing, a cost to taxpayers without a single life being saved.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:20:11 PM EDT
[#39]
I would bet my entire paycheck that if we read his proposed legislation, it will just be a form of gun or ammunition control.

He's a liar, not an idiot. He knows full well making explosive devices is already illegal, and heavily regulated. But bombs are scawy, and he's only using them to appeal to the ignorance of the people.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:20:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I can think of 5 improvised explosives that can be made from stuff that would be almost impossible to ban.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
He's probably talking about Tannerite which is ammonium nitrate and german dark aluminum powder.  

There are 2 explosives I can think of off the top of my head that can be made from unbannable ingredients.  The 7/7 London bombings used one of them.

I can think of 5 improvised explosives that can be made from stuff that would be almost impossible to ban.

At least. Off the top of my head. Common items available at any grocery store.
Good 'ol Chemistry degree. How does it work?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:23:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Tannerite  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tannerite  

Mainly this. Although it is technically legal to manufacture any explosive you want, but it is not legal to store.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:27:40 PM EDT
[#42]
His real last name is Himmler.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:45:36 PM EDT
[#43]
yaaaaa...... because i cant go to walmart and buy these...

or say...

or about 30 other things i can macgyver together....
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:50:34 PM EDT
[#44]
They going to ban diesel fuel and cow shit?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:50:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

it was Sunday...thats ALL that matters to Chucky-Cheese...... EVERY Sunday he has to have SOMETHING to tell the Media, so the voters still know he's alive...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"The most dangerous place in Washington is between Charles Schumer and a television camera" - Bob Dole
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:55:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

If it passes, there should be no issue with outlawing gay marriage.  I mean, if we can infringe on one Right, why not another?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:55:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Chemistry has got to be banned for the children.  It's unpatriotic.  And probably racist.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:56:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:56:24 PM EDT
[#49]

You haven't read issue 13 of Inspire yet, have you?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:04:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

Wonder if he has ever heard of US gov publication TM 31-210 Improvised munitions handbook? There are plenty of ways for someone who wants to harm others to do it. More laws only affect those are no danger to start with.

That said, there is a chance that someone WILL snap if the gummit keeps pushing.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top