[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Looks fine to me.

What's the big deal?  Still the same truck, they'll sell by the thousands like they always have.

In fact, it's a LOT better from the front than this years...  and that pickup front end!  What were they thinking there?

See my thing with Chevy has been they charge you more for your rig and yet it's not any nicer or any more reliable then the similar fords in any way.

Now that the body style looks like a Ford, why even bother with chevy anymore??
Why pay more?

The very least they could have done is came up with the body style before Ford did.

So how exactly does it look like a Ford?

Well sir when they make a car the have this thing called sheet metal and plastic.
These items are formed into a shape giving the body a certain look all it's own.

Manufactures spent alot of time and money create a look all of their own all in the bounds of functionality.

This model has it's sheetmetal and plastic formed  into shapes and lines that almost replicate the Ford explorer/Expedition line.

So, suffice to say, you cant really point out how it looks similar?

And so what about the power window motor?  My mom's Taurus window died less than 2 years after got it.  Electrical parts are going to fail, no matter what vehicle they're in.

Geez let the excuses begin.

Please don't compare a taurus to a Tahoe cause you're proving my point further.

Why pay more for the same thing esp now that it looks the same.

You're speaking as the the Tahoe's success is JUST BECAUSE it is a Chevy. That's the same stupid attitude that has gotten chevy in the mess that they're in.

IT WAS THE LOOK for goodness sake.
Why do you think they never adopted that ugly truck front end when all the other full size rigs received it?

The only thing I was comparing, you fucking weirdo, was that ANY and ALL electrical parts will fail......NO MATTER what vehicle.

Jesus, you're a tool.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:43:58 AM EDT
[#2]
The new tohoes are ugly beyond words.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:57:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Haters will find reason to hate...

Frankly I was just looking at a Honda brochure today and all their photography is exactly like GM's. Many of their vehicles are bland looking, and one of them (the one that looks like a rounded off Avalanche) is pretty much "inspired" by a GM.

So what is the point? The Tahoe looks better than it did. Chevy responded to their clientele by redesigning it to match the current trends... Something all the manufacturers are doing. Toyota recently redesigned their RAV4 to have "40% more cargo room" than the previous model. They're practically the size of the old boyd style Ford Explorers now. It's not the niche Toyota wanted - or at least, the people that bought them said "We like it, but we need more room" so they redesigned it. Market research is what keeps companies in business.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:09:46 AM EDT
[#4]
I like the looks of it. But they need to fire all the design team or at least the dumb&*%^%* that has to put that (*&^% bar across every grille in the line up. They should be beat with a bar then maybe they won't like it so &(*&%! much.

But hey my wife just bought one of the ugliest chevy trucks ever made so I have to live with it.  A 2003 chevy. I'm a Chevy guy but nothing has impressed me (Vette excluded) since the 94 Impala SS.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:03:35 AM EDT
[#5]
True but quality will show up through numbers you tool to just say something is just going to fail and not hold to a certain standard is a wet dream to companies wh ocut corners and still charge you a pretty penny.

My 01 Tahoe's power window motor went out and yet I have a 16 year old Honda that has never had one go out ever and the windows still go up and down faster then most new cars.

My 92 blazer went 13 years before the driver side motor went out.

I have some stuff to sell, what to buy it, keep in mind all things made by man fail though before you buy.

And I'm the tool.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:49:30 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Looks fine to me.

What's the big deal?  Still the same truck, they'll sell by the thousands like they always have.

In fact, it's a LOT better from the front than this years...  and that pickup front end!  What were they thinking there?

See my thing with Chevy has been they charge you more for your rig and yet it's not any nicer or any more reliable then the similar fords in any way.

Now that the body style looks like a Ford, why even bother with chevy anymore??
Why pay more?

The very least they could have done is came up with the body style before Ford did.

So how exactly does it look like a Ford?

This model has it's sheetmetal and plastic formed  into shapes and lines that almost replicate the Ford explorer/Expedition line.

I'm not seeing the similarity, past the fact that they're both somewhat rounded SUVs.

Looks like a chevy SUV to me... not a Ford.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:26:28 PM EDT
[#7]
lease is up on my sisters trailblazer so we  went looking the chevy dealer this afternoon
the new tahoes look pretty nice IMHO
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top