Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 10:45:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Great gun at a great price.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 11:02:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a 27, two 19's, and a 26.

I still carry me shield sometimes in the summer.   It pocket carries well.

I usually carry the 19 though.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:07:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I shot approx. 100 rounds through it over lunch today.  About half of those were my reloads (115 grain speer gold dots).  The other half were Winchester white box 115 grain FMJs.

I'm extremely impressed with how well it shot.  I was a bit apprehensive due to the unfamiliar ergonomics as well as the incredible spring strength.  But it shot fine, was soda can accurate out to about 10 yards and appeared to shoot a bit high at 25 yards.

I had one bobble where the slide did not lock to the rear (only happened once, could have been my thumbs in the way).  And I had one failure to fire, but that was my reload....I'll take the hit on that one (primer was hit, but no ignition....was a good deep primer strike).

I pocket carried the pistol all day loaded with the flush mag. I carried the pistol in my desantis pocket holster.  I forgot the pistol was there...the weight difference between the G26 and the Shield, to me, is significant.  I'm going to have a difficult time justifying keeping the G26 around, since it was my primary pocket CCW.  

Lastly, I prefer the Shield's stock sights over the Glock factory sights.  I think I'll upgrade the sights on all my CCW tools to either Trijicon or Big Dot sights.

Again, I appreciate yalls feedback on this.  If all the Smith M&P series shoot and carry as well as the Shield, my Glock collection might be ready to move.  Does Smith and Wesson make a competitor to the Glock 19 (similar dimensions)?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:11:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

FFS, it's like a virus with you people
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A Shield for $300 is like the Ruger LCP for $199...even if you don't want it, buy it.

This but you really want eh 43.  You just don't know it.

FFS, it's like a virus with you people

Actually I shot and handled one before the 43 existed. I "settled" for a PM9.  

The 43 came out after I bought my now ex-wife a 42.  

My 43 is just right for me

Like other posters mentioned the Shield is too tall for me and doesn't fit my hand quite right.  

What I said was tongue in cheek and somebody needs a calibration check on their sarcasm meter.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:35:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I shot approx. 100 rounds through it over lunch today.  About half of those were my reloads (115 grain speer gold dots).  The other half were Winchester white box 115 grain FMJs.

I'm extremely impressed with how well it shot.  I was a bit apprehensive due to the unfamiliar ergonomics as well as the incredible spring strength.  But it shot fine, was soda can accurate out to about 10 yards and appeared to shoot a bit high at 25 yards.

I had one bobble where the slide did not lock to the rear (only happened once, could have been my thumbs in the way).  And I had one failure to fire, but that was my reload....I'll take the hit on that one (primer was hit, but no ignition....was a good deep primer strike).

I pocket carried the pistol all day loaded with the flush mag. I carried the pistol in my desantis pocket holster.  I forgot the pistol was there...the weight difference between the G26 and the Shield, to me, is significant.  I'm going to have a difficult time justifying keeping the G26 around, since it was my primary pocket CCW.  

Lastly, I prefer the Shield's stock sights over the Glock factory sights.  I think I'll upgrade the sights on all my CCW tools to either Trijicon or Big Dot sights.

Again, I appreciate yalls feedback on this.  If all the Smith M&P series shoot and carry as well as the Shield, my Glock collection might be ready to move.  Does Smith and Wesson make a competitor to the Glock 19 (similar dimensions)?  Thanks!
View Quote
From my experience, only the Shield is worth it. Everything else in the M&P lineup needs a new trigger and sear There is no M&P in the G19 dimensions, the closest thing to it may be the M&P9c which is in between the G19 and G26 with a 12 round capacity. Stick a 17 round mag in it and you may get what you're looking for. I would see about renting one first before you start thinking of getting one though.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:41:08 PM EDT
[#6]
You do know S&W is running a rebate program for those guns, right?

edit - for military.

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:41:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yes. Do it.
View Quote

I got one for the same price last year, mine was divinely blessed by Jesus

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:43:41 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

From my experience, only the Shield is worth it. Everything else in the M&P lineup needs a new trigger and sear

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
From my experience, only the Shield is worth it. Everything else in the M&P lineup needs a new trigger and sear

I guess if you are incompetent, that is true. Or if you are handy, 20 minutes with some work and Burwells instructions gets you a 5 lb pull.

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:48:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I guess if you are incompetent, that is true. Or if you are handy, 20 minutes with some work and Burwells instructions gets you a 5 lb pull.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Installing an Apex kit is not exactly being incompetent. I never needed Youtube or instructions anywhere to do it
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:07:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Hey, you're the one complaining that the gun needs $100+ worth of parts when it just needs one beertime's worth of mods.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:12:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Hey, you're the one complaining that the gun needs $100+ worth of parts when it just needs one beertime's worth of mods.
View Quote
I'm the one complaining? How about you're the one being argumentative and pointing fingers while there are countless threads of people saying get the Apex to these questions yet I'm the "only" one. Seriously? lol, "okay."

Whatever, YMMV.  We're done here.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:50:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v443/superdavarfcom/3CCA8545-7CFA-497E-BC96-10B6D59066CB.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes. Do it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v443/superdavarfcom/3CCA8545-7CFA-497E-BC96-10B6D59066CB.jpg

Awesome!  I haven't checked my paperwork to see which deciple qa/qc'd mine....I will check.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:55:08 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I'm the one complaining? How about you're the one being argumentative and pointing fingers while there are countless threads of people saying get the Apex to these questions yet I'm the "only" one. Seriously? lol, "okay."

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I see a lot of helpless people with the same whining in your original post. It's really not that big of a deal, and it doesn't require $100+ in parts.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 3:35:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I see a lot of helpless people with the same whining in your original post. It's really not that big of a deal, and it doesn't require $100+ in parts.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No it isn't whining. It's called problem solving in a different way that isn't YOUR WAY. Get over it and yourself. Critical thinking fail, you have it. Now go be miserable somewhere else if the only thing you can do is insult people because it isn't your retarded way or the highway.

"click"
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 3:45:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Has anyone tried the TLR-6 for it? Looks interesting but I'm not sure about a pocket holster for it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:36:29 AM EDT
[#16]
I used to carry a single stack 9, but switched to a 26 for the extra capacity.  Although the single stack is kind of a safe queen now I will still keep it around.  A $300 Shield is something I would do if I had the extra money.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:38:56 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:No it isn't whining. It's called problem solving in a different way that isn't YOUR WAY. Get over it and yourself. Critical thinking fail, you have it. Now go be miserable somewhere else if the only thing you can do is insult people because it isn't your retarded way or the highway.

"click"
View Quote

Your exact words were that the M&P line except the Shield "needs a new trigger and sear". That is simply incorrect. Sorry this truth is so hard for you. Why don't you keep me on ignore so you can enjoy the echo chamber?

I find it highly amusing to read that you think I said you were the "only" person. That word never appears in my posts. It's hilarious how you get indignant over statements you manufactured yourself.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:44:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Your exact words were that the M&P line except the Shield "needs a new trigger and sear". That is simply incorrect. Sorry this truth is so hard for you. Why don't you keep me on ignore so you can enjoy the echo chamber?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:No it isn't whining. It's called problem solving in a different way that isn't YOUR WAY. Get over it and yourself. Critical thinking fail, you have it. Now go be miserable somewhere else if the only thing you can do is insult people because it isn't your retarded way or the highway.

"click"

No, what's hard for you to understand is your own ignorance.

Remember, I'm not the one looking to pick a fight, that is all you. My original post about this is what's bothering you. Again, I am not the only one who mentions this while you're the first to mention a shade tree job. But in your mind everyone else is wrong but you when actually it is you going against the grain here.

Let it go already.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:45:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Hope you enjoy it.  I've tried both the 9mm and .40 variety having owned one of each in the past.  I found I liked a couple other slimline carry options better overall so moved the Shield along twice.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:47:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
From my experience, only the Shield is worth it. Everything else in the M&P lineup needs a new trigger and sear There is no M&P in the G19 dimensions, the closest thing to it may be the M&P9c which is in between the G19 and G26 with a 12 round capacity. Stick a 17 round mag in it and you may get what you're looking for. I would see about renting one first before you start thinking of getting one though.
View Quote

I have FIVE M&Ps, only one of which have I done trigger work on. And that didn't "need" it. I just did it for personal preference. They all went "bang" when I pulled the trigger, and shot to point of aim.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:48:36 AM EDT
[#21]
If you're looking for a nice and comfortable holster for it check this one out. Someone recommended it to me on here and I've had it for a few weeks and love it

http://aliengearholsters.com/sw-mp-shield-9mm-alien-gear-cloak-tuck-3-0-iwb-holster-inside-the-waistband.html
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:49:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Friend of mine has one said it was GTG right from the box.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:49:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Even if you don't like it, it's an easy resale at $300.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:57:00 AM EDT
[#24]
I really like my Shield 9 (safety)

However, mine will not run that old Russian copper washed stuff... at all

Runs everything else like a champ
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:01:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I have FIVE M&Ps, only one of which have I done trigger work on. And that didn't "need" it. I just did it for personal preference. They all went "bang" when I pulled the trigger, and shot to point of aim.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't like sponge triggers but for those that do, I don't judge. I'm just speaking from general experience
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:07:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Fo like you've never Fo'ed before
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:12:20 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Remember, I'm not the one looking to pick a fight, that is all you. My original post about this is what's bothering you. Again, I am not the only one who mentions this while you're the first to mention a shade tree job. But in your mind everyone else is wrong but you when actually it is you going against the grain here.

Let it go already.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

"click"

Let it go already.

This is a message board where ideas are exchanged. If I see something silly, I'm going to call it out. btw, I thought "we're done here" like three posts ago?

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:12:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I don't like sponge triggers but for those that do, I don't judge. I'm just speaking from general experience
View Quote

It's not about what you like. It's about what works for the masses. I certainly have my own preferences for the pull and feel of triggers. But "sponge triggers" don't stop me from better-than pie plate accuracy at defensive pistol ranges while moving, under stress, etc.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:14:13 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

This is a message board where ideas are exchanged. If I see something silly, I'm going to call it out. btw, I thought "we're done here" like three posts ago?

View Quote

Now don't go and hold him to his words. He's not done educating us unskilled, and ignorant  neophytes yet.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:14:52 AM EDT
[#30]
You made a good buy OP.

My 40 Shield runs great, but the feed ramp needed a little polishing before it would accept Federal Hy-Shok hollowpoints properly.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:16:06 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View Quote

Sponginess comes mainly from the large lawyer lip on the sear. And also from the suboptimal radius on the striker plunger safety.

fuckin quotes.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:16:29 AM EDT
[#32]
FO - good gun for the $$
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:19:07 AM EDT
[#33]
lol, you two are full of it. And congrats on derailing this thread

I am out, have at it. And another click.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:27:22 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Now don't go and hold him to his words. He's not done educating us unskilled, and ignorant  neophytes yet.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm enjoying my free college education!

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:45:54 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

"Derailing" eh? And here I was thinking that my posts stating how happy I've been with my Shield and four other M&Ps, was maybe somehow contributing to the OP's inquiry about S&Ws, and Shields in particular. As well as countering your implication that M&P triggers are unusable in general. Teach me the error of my ways oh Jedi Master.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:48:19 AM EDT
[#36]
The rebate doesn't include Shields. Sorry!

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:48:56 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

A Shield for $300 is like the Ruger LCP for $199...even if you don't want it, buy it.
View Quote
Agree.  At that price, I would buy it and leave it unfired, just to have as a trade away gun for something else I wanted down the road.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:53:54 AM EDT
[#38]
I thought the stock trigger on the Shield kind of sucked when I shot it.

I doubt I'd buy one, even at 300 dollars, especially if I already owned a G26 that I liked (which I do).

I wasn't super whelmed with the G43 either.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:57:48 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I went from a Glock 26 to a Shield. Do it.
View Quote

No you didn't.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:05:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
If you're looking for a nice and comfortable holster for it check this one out. Someone recommended it to me on here and I've had it for a few weeks and love it

http://aliengearholsters.com/sw-mp-shield-9mm-alien-gear-cloak-tuck-3-0-iwb-holster-inside-the-waistband.html
View Quote

Thanks!  Am certainly in the market for something like that.  I'm also considering a kydex appendix carry holster as well.  Again, thanks!
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:07:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The rebate doesn't include Shields. Sorry!

View Quote

No worries!  The PX has a sign that reads $50 rebate on Smith and Wesson pistols.  I thought I was going to get it for $250!
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:23:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Shield is awesome. Apex'd mine and it's even awesomer.

My Shield, and all other handguns, are no safety, but I have a p238 for pocket carry. I don't think it's a big deal. Pocket carry = thumb safety, all other carry = none. Pretty simple.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:25:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Full of WHAT, exactly?

I own an M&P 9 and a Shield, NEITHER of which "need" Apex anything. Both are perfectly serviceable, as they come from the factory, regardless of your trigger preferences.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:28:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

It's not even how the guns look, it's the slavish devotion to a single brand as the One True Way™.

Maybe less like a virus, and more like Jehovah's Witnesses.  In any case.. OP is winning.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's true. Glock addicts definitely suffer from an addiction to fugly ass guns.

It's not even how the guns look, it's the slavish devotion to a single brand as the One True Way™.

Maybe less like a virus, and more like Jehovah's Witnesses.  In any case.. OP is winning.

Excuse me sir, do you have a moment to talk about glock safe action automatic pistols?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:30:26 PM EDT
[#45]
OP, how are your pocket carrying that thing? What kind of pants are you wearing?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:31:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Shield is awesome. Apex'd mine and it's even awesomer.

My Shield, and all other handguns, are no safety, but I have a p238 for pocket carry. I don't think it's a big deal. Pocket carry = thumb safety, all other carry = none. Pretty simple.
View Quote

Meh... I've pocket carried my Kahr CW380 hundreds of times. The "safety" is the stoopid-long trigger-pull.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:32:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Do they have the magazine safety?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:33:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Do they have the magazine safety?
View Quote

I don't think any of them do. When I ordered mine I don't remember magazine safeties even being an option.

Then again, I was never given an option about the manual safety either, which makes me think that I got what Quantico Tactical had in stock, and a different seller might have had something else entirely.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:33:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Excuse me sir, do you have a moment to talk about glock safe action automatic pistols?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's true. Glock addicts definitely suffer from an addiction to fugly ass guns.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:34:14 PM EDT
[#50]
This thread is relevant to my interest as I'm in the market for a Shield 9.  Shot one last weekend and I will have one.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top