Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:56:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Like any of the people with saggy pants would bother to pay a 25$ fine.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:57:29 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
How do they determine what underwear is? If I sag my jeans and show some boxers yet have a man thong on under that it is legal isn't it?

AFAIK they are talking about people that INTENTIONALLY show their boxer covered ASS

How would they identify motive?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:59:15 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
How do they determine what underwear is? If I sag my jeans and show some boxers yet have a man thong on under that it is legal isn't it?

AFAIK they are talking about people that INTENTIONALLY show their boxer covered ASS

How would they identify motive?

LEOs are generally forced to utilize their judgement on an hourly basis

Sometimes they make good calls, sometimes they don't.......
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:03:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Chicago, insert ALIENS ORBIT QOUTE.

Fucking Fascist COCKSUCKERS. I hate gang members, bangers, thieves, urban wannabees, and anyone who looks like they don't hold a steady job. But this is bullshit.

How about they actually deal with real crimes, instead of making more laws for people to break.

Yes, I get the LE bs tacticts of selective enforcement as a PC to stop and search. Right up there with front license plates, seat belts, and helmet laws.

Also it qualifies as revenue enhancement.

How about the PD put together a dozen warrant squads, start off with the worst multi-offender/violent criminals that have outstanding warrant and FTA from the court system and start snatching the fuckers off the street or at momma's house or so on. That would make a serious dent in the Chicago crime problem.

How many outstanding warrants and FTA of gang banger and dealers are sitting collecting dust, while this drawer abaitment program is going on?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:04:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have no problem with this law.  This is not an encroachment of government.  Rather, this is simply an adaptation of indecent exposure laws to account for new trends.  You cannot walk around in public with your ass or genitals hanging out, nor can you walk around in just your underwear.  

Their are limits on free expression and showing me your shit-stained boxers in one of them.  

I see, so there's ALREADY a law against indecenct exposure?  We need more laws adressing fashion why?

Quite simply, drawers are not enough of a covering.  You need to pull your pants up fo shizzle.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:09:22 PM EDT
[#6]
So if I happened to lose an inch or two off the ol spare tire and the pants start to sag a bit, I get to shell out $25 to Lynwood? Just sayin, sometimes they sag more than I'd like and I don't notice till I'm walkin around more and they start slippin.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:13:17 PM EDT
[#7]
idiots. next they will outlaw naked women!
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:14:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I am going to wear my pants at half mast all day in protest.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:15:44 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
So if I happened to lose an inch or two off the ol spare tire and the pants start to sag a bit, I get to shell out $25 to Lynwood? Just sayin, sometimes they sag more than I'd like and I don't notice till I'm walkin around more and they start slippin.

Better get a belt before you travel to chicago
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:16:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
idiots. next they will outlaw naked women!

Guess you didn't get the memo
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:17:45 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Is that WITH boxers?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:18:21 PM EDT
[#12]
So much for freedom of expression. Hope it gets challenged and thrown out.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:20:10 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have no problem with this law.  This is not an encroachment of government.  Rather, this is simply an adaptation of indecent exposure laws to account for new trends.  You cannot walk around in public with your ass or genitals hanging out, nor can you walk around in just your underwear.  

Their are limits on free expression and showing me your shit-stained boxers in one of them.

I see, so there's ALREADY a law against indecenct exposure?  We need more laws adressing fashion why?

Quite simply, drawers are not enough of a covering.  You need to pull your pants up fo shizzle.  

These are good points.  If I walked around in my tighty-whities I'd definitely expect police contact.

eta:  Thought experiment:  If urban youths can walk around sagging, can I walk around in my tighty-whities and a t-shirt?  If so, then so be it.  Otherwise, it seems only fair.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:25:38 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is that WITH boxers?

Depends,
Get it, DEPENDS!!!
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:27:23 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Right, and there's already a law against indecent exposure.  So why do we need another law again?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:34:22 PM EDT
[#16]
I bet all the plumbers with their plumbers cracks and all the carpenters with thier carpentry cleavages are getting a bit nervous
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:38:27 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is that WITH boxers?

Depends,

Get it, DEPENDS!!!

You're probably safe
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:46:07 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
damn they are just asking for a lawsuit.

+1, sounds like freedom of speech/expression to me.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:49:32 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
damn they are just asking for a lawsuit.

+1, sounds like freedom of speech/expression to me.

Yup, I don't see this "law" standing up to its first serious court challenge.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:51:17 PM EDT
[#20]
This particular law should be scrapped probably.

However, if someone is walking around in their underwear (extreme sagging), they should get busted just like I would for walking around in my tighty-whities.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:54:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Would the critics call this indecent exposure?

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:13:40 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

img513.imageshack.us/img513/3037/whaletail004if5.jpg

Yes.  I hate the female plumber's crack.  Leave me a little mystery before I tap that.  I may even buy her dinner.

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:17:49 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Ok.  I conceede to your powerful argument.

Win.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:21:50 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I sure as hell hope not
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:22:50 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

No this is also proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top