Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 10:24:56 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
it's red X now. I wanted to see what got everybody worked up.

it was a dead viet cong guerilla with a picture of his wife/girlfriend and a bag of spilled 7.62x39 bullets.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 10:34:02 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
There is an interview in one of the Band of Brothers DVD's where the guy from Virginia (the one who made it through the war in Europe without earning a purple heart) said "You know I've thought about that alot, and me and that other fella may have been real good friends. He may have liked to hunt and fish. But I had a job to do and so did he. But I think we could have been good friends."

Those damn America hating, liberal education system indoctrinated WWII vets. The nerve to talk like that.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 10:40:58 AM EDT
[#3]

Take you friend, DoneBeenEatinPoo and get the hell out of here.

Showing me a dead soldier carrying a bag of 7.62X39 ammo intended to kill Americans is no way to engender sympathy or sadness in me.  What you have done is make me pissed off at you, personally, though that was probably not your intended goal.

Want to talk Viet Nam war sadness?  

Think of all the Americans killed trying to prop up a regime which did not have the back bone to fight for themselves.  

Think Viet Nam War Memorial and the names of the valiant young people thereon.  
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 10:42:56 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Take you friend, DienBienPhu and get the hell out of here.

Showing me a dead soldier carrying a bag of 7.62X39 ammo intended to kill Americans is no way to engender sympathy or sadness in me.  What you have done is make me pissed off at you, personally, though that was probably not your intended goal.

How nice of you, I'm sorry to have pissed you off
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 10:46:13 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.inwhoseinterest.org/images/photo_v_my_lai2.jpg

father and son killed during my lai massacre by us soldiers

So who is THIS POS ?

He's a troll for pointing out that we've massacred children during war?
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 10:48:54 AM EDT
[#6]
[Lt. Calley]There were no civilians in that village.[/Lt. Calley]
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 10:49:57 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Being able to empathize with common grunts of countries we have fought and having national pride are mutually exclusive?

How are these guys that much different than a typical American kid fighting in the Vietnam war?

How about WWII? How was German soldier all that different from an American soldier?

Are you serious?  

It's something called empathy which clearly none of you posess. Look we're not supporting their cause, they were fighting for their beliefs and we were fighting for ours. We won (in the terms of them being killed) but I would still feel bad about killing somebody. Anyone who gloats or is happy about the death of another human is fucked in the head.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 11:04:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Cry me a F*cking River!

Link Posted: 5/21/2005 11:21:31 AM EDT
[#9]

Every person in this photo was promptly raped up the ass by GW himself, then shot and burned by US soldiers right after this picture was taken.

This gathering of girls was bombed by a MOAB from US forces right after this picture was taken!!

It's the truth, I swear!
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 11:41:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 11:43:26 AM EDT
[#11]
omg, someone called me gay!
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 11:58:04 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

You know I'm just joking man
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 11:59:29 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You know I'm just joking man

yea, yea, but you know those guys do look pretty fit now that you mention it
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 12:16:16 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Not the saddest picture i have ever seen.

That picture where the mother is feeding her child to the wood chipper....that was pretty damn sad...

WTF DUDE!?
I don't want to even...OMG, you have to quit looking at shit like that.
You Mother^&*#er, there goes my day...

don't get so hung up over a picture, its bad, but don't let it get you down.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 12:21:23 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
There's no way to know if it was posed or not, but this is one of the saddest pictures I have ever seen.

img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-1/935750/vc-dead.jpg

Clearly the cause this VC soldier fought for was wrong, but I bet he was just some poor kid caught up in a terrible war, trying to do what he thought was right for his country.

HE'S THE ENEMY!!!!

Just in case you forgot.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 12:55:52 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
There's no way to know if it was posed or not, but this is one of the saddest pictures I have ever seen.

Clearly the cause this VC soldier fought for was wrong, but I bet he was just some poor kid caught up in a terrible war, trying to do what he thought was right for his country.

HE'S WASTHE ENEMY!!!!

Just in case you forgot.

War's over dude.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 1:01:06 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So who is THIS POS ?

hate to tell you dude, but...american soldiers did gun down an entire village in cold blood.  I think bad leadership and confusion was a major factor but that don't excuse it.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 1:04:50 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So who is THIS POS ?

He's a troll for pointing out that we've massacred children during war?

Who's "we?"
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 1:08:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Shit, even Osama has a wife....or 10. Doesn't mean i'm going to cry for him.  
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 1:09:49 PM EDT
[#20]

There's five minutes I'll never get back.

coburn

Link Posted: 5/21/2005 1:36:33 PM EDT
[#21]
I dont feel sorry for the little bastard at all. Sorry but it is just not in me after what the Vietnamese did to captured US troops. Fuck them.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 1:46:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Unfortunatley that is truley what war is, But, I will continue to support war against terrorism and evil acts, because it is a must. But I will never support killing of human beings for other reasons.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 1:56:11 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I dont feel sorry for the little bastard at all. Sorry but it is just not in me after what the Vietnamese did to captured US troops. Fuck them.

+1

no sympathy here.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 1:57:39 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

HE'S WASTHE ENEMY!!!!

Just in case you forgot.  WAR IS OVER HUH. WELL OUR KIA are still DEAD DUDE

War's over dude.

Link Posted: 5/21/2005 1:58:33 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
"this is one of the saddest pictures I have ever seen."

You clearly need to see more pictures...

I think he needs to go to war.  this is light stuff.

+1
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 2:09:06 PM EDT
[#26]
No more boom boom for this baby-san.

He should have protested the war or moved to SVN and fought for the right side, then I'd care about his death.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 2:09:35 PM EDT
[#27]

the women and children in this picture were all shot shortly after this photo was taken by us soldiers

That picture pisses me off because of the waste of my tax dollars documented there.  Bullets cost money and a bayoneting would have been free.  The soldier already had the bayonet anyway, should have used it.  Money doesn't grow on trees you know.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 2:51:31 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
There is an interview in one of the Band of Brothers DVD's where the guy from Virginia (the one who made it through the war in Europe without earning a purple heart) said "You know I've thought about that alot, and me and that other fella may have been real good friends. He may have liked to hunt and fish. But I had a job to do and so did he. But I think we could have been good friends."

That's the same thing I thought of too.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 2:53:55 PM EDT
[#29]
If all you saw was the red x.

Link Posted: 5/21/2005 3:00:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Cry me a river.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 3:03:25 PM EDT
[#31]
War is hell.  Fight or give up.  

Its like that scene in Black Hawk Down when the dude slids out the door and the kid turns around and nails his dad a few hundred times.  The guy let him go...but...I don't feel bad at all for the kid.  

War sucks...life is unfair at times...deal with it.  
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 3:07:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Is this the sad picture thread?

Can I post pictures of aborted INNOCENT babies?

That guy don't look so innocent to me.

-LS
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 3:14:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Damn right its posed. Look at the angle of the shot, personal efects displayed, ect. Think it looks bad? You ought to smell it. Feel it. Have the flies blow up in your nostrils when you roll them over. Hear them fart when when their stomach swells after crock potting all day in 100 deg sun, hear them go oomph when you put them on a stretcher. Feel the skin slide off when you grab them and have maggotts drop down your shirt. I'm not talking about the dead VC, but young Americans who were your buddies killed by little MFers like the one lying there. Ever have to climb a tree to get someone's guts down? Do that then telll me you feel sorry for them.

rk
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 3:30:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:21:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Y'all reckon that ammo is corrosive?

Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:26:19 PM EDT
[#36]
ammo is def corrosive
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:45:30 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I sense much anger in this thread...

Personally, I think it is sad that people (mostly young men) die in wars. This dead VC was probably not that different from the American that killed him, or the Americans he killed when he was alive. He was just doing the job he was sent to do, and so was the American that killed him.

+1

You can sympathize with the poor bastard on the other side so long as you don't let it get in the way of toppling the guys that put him there. It's not your fault he got drafted and is sitting in a foxhole some hundreds of yards away. But that doesn't mean you're obligated to roll over and let them steamroll you.

It's a complex state. Dealing with these complexities is what makes us human. If I may make a literary allusion(well, movie, don't have my book handy ATM)

"Enemy? His sense of duty was no less than yours, I take it. I wonder what his name is; where he came from; and if he was really evil at heart. What lies or threats lead him on this long march from home, and whether he would rather have stayed there, in peace. War will make corpses of us all"

- Faramir (LOTR)
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 6:06:00 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Y'all reckon that ammo is corrosive corroded by now?

www.rjgeib.com/thoughts/dirge/vc-dead.jpg

Link Posted: 5/21/2005 6:38:39 PM EDT
[#39]
I tend to find these pictures more sad.

Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:12:12 PM EDT
[#40]

Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:41:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Beings this is a Vietnam picture topic, here is an oldie but a goodie!! Also, that dead VC guy--each one of those rounds laying next to him was meant for one of us so FUCK HIM!!!
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:46:50 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
www.planningwithpeople.co.uk/images/people.jpg

Every person in this photo was promptly raped up the ass by GW himself, then shot and burned by US soldiers right after this picture was taken.

www.taloga.k12.ok.us/Homecoming%202003-2004%20Fixed%20Pics/Group%20of%20people.JPG

This gathering of girls was bombed by a MOAB from US forces right after this picture was taken!!

www.underseax.com/imagesGlobal/FR_group-pride.jpg

It's the truth, I swear!

Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:51:38 PM EDT
[#43]
edited by me, I have deep personal feelings that I guess arent supposed to be expressed in this world.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:57:45 PM EDT
[#44]
You know what, I will never cheer for the death of some one. If some one killed some one close to me and I had the op to take revenge I would have it. However I would never dance around like a school girl after killing the person. Death isn't something that should be taken lightly and should be given the respect it is due.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:03:02 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
I have edited a number of posts.One more derogatory term used,or one more personal attack on a member will put you away.

My advice to some of the "fire-eaters"  is:
if you were not there (WWII,Korea,VN,Gulf,Panama,Afgahnistan,Irack,etc) please.................STFU and let our dead enemies rest!

We honor our dead. We also let our enemies' loved ones, bury and honor theirs.

Thank you sir.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:05:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Ya war sucks...   yet those dirty hippy peace protesting f*ckwits couldn't give two sh*ts about the 3 million South Asians kills at the hands of Communists AFTER U.S. forces pulled out in 1972.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:09:28 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Ya war sucks...   yet those dirty hippy peace protesting f*ckwits couldn't give two sh*ts about the 3 million South Asians kills at the hands of Communists AFTER U.S. forces pulled out in 1972.

True. Those people dont make any sense to me at all.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:10:55 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Fuck him.

+1
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:18:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Do you see all that ammo?  They had american names on them.
Rest in peace? I don't think so. Burn in hell is more like it.
... he was just some poor kid caught up in a terrible war, trying to do what he thought was right for his country.  Yeah, right!

Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:21:14 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Fuck him.

+1

Too bad he's not an arab.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top