BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 2/7/2011 3:48:30 PM EDT
[#1]
-subscribe-
Link Posted: 2/7/2011 3:49:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Let me check the couch for loose change,............nope, no $1.5M, but I found a few stale potato chips that were still edible.
Link Posted: 2/7/2011 3:49:39 PM EDT
[#3]
$87 for me....
-SS

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/7/2011 3:50:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
$87 for me.... and page ownage.
-SS

DENIED!!!
Link Posted: 2/7/2011 3:51:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
$87 for me.... and page ownage.
-SS

DENIED!!!

Edited before you quoted...

Slow phone connection.
-SS

Link Posted: 2/7/2011 3:52:23 PM EDT
[#6]
BTW, you have to already have a machine gun manufacturers license to own this business.
Link Posted: 2/7/2011 3:53:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yes- I know there are a couple of threads on the topic, but this one is different. Since bids are due a week from today- February 14th, we want to get the word out there in case any of your spouses are looking for that perfect Valentine's Day gift for you, and you already have everything that you need, today is your lucky day!

The site to get all the info you need is here and if you register and put down a deposit, you have a chance at owning your very own turn-key AR manufacturing facility. For those that will be bidding, please try not to drive the price up too much by competing with fellow ARFCOMMers- this deal should go for between $1.5-$2million so let's coordinate here if there are a number of you interested.

If you are going to raise money for the buy-out by pre-selling (fully refundable of course) SDI lowers, etc. count me in.
Link Posted: 2/7/2011 3:54:47 PM EDT
[#8]
If someone is buying I have 5K to invest.
Link Posted: 2/7/2011 3:56:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/7/2011 5:35:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
BTW, you have to already have a machine gun manufacturers license to own this business.

Damn....I out.
Link Posted: 2/7/2011 5:53:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
I would guess that they are just selling machinery and parts that the creditor had a lien on, not any contracts.

Machinery and building are all leased, parts and product certainly included, as is the company itself with any assets as well as any contracts (DOD would have the option to continue the contracts or pull out, but that will depend on who purchases it and their negotiation skillz).

Let me know, I have a couple of days free next week and access to tractor trailers, it's only about a 13 hour drive one way, assuming everything is still at the place they had rented by the airport in Nashville.  

Their barrels are not that great and will not likely sell very well going forward. The inventory is not worth what it was. Not by a long shot. I don't know if you could even sell a govt profile m4 barrel right now for $100. Maybe not even $50. There is a reason they couldn't get financing. You would need 20k unit contracts to get any bank on board. Do Noveske, BCM, and Centurion combined even reach 20k? And what about Daniel Defense? They have everything in house to crank out endless supplies of parts and rifles to milspec or beyond. How can you compete with them? Not to mention FN, or Glock.
Link Posted: 2/7/2011 6:07:53 PM EDT
[#12]
ARFCOM buys SD

ARFCOM keeps 51% of company, sells out other 49% to Team Members that want in.

ARFCOM Defense is born.  

SEBR galore!  Polls for next production rifle.  Man...what great market research!
Link Posted: 2/7/2011 6:09:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Their barrels are not that great and will not likely sell very well going forward.

You don't own one do you?

Link Posted: 2/7/2011 6:17:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Please let me hit the lotto on Wednesday

no kidding....a winning powerball ticket and I'd be all over it
Link Posted: 2/7/2011 6:19:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Damn I'm half tempted to run through the hoops just to take a peek, but I could never get close to the expected 1.5 to 2 mil in cash to make a serious go at it.

That'd be one sweet damn gig to run/own a manufacturing shop though!
Link Posted: 2/7/2011 6:20:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Is Cproducts industry's board gone too?
Link Posted: 2/7/2011 6:22:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Want.
Link Posted: 2/7/2011 6:25:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Is Cproducts industry's board gone too?

Yeah....Marlube was trying to make a come back too.
Link Posted: 2/7/2011 6:26:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
-subscribe-

Yeah that. Wish they gave more time than the 14th. They are movin it out fast thats for sure.
Link Posted: 2/7/2011 6:28:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Their barrels are not that great and will not likely sell very well going forward.

You really want to go there?
Link Posted: 2/7/2011 6:36:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/7/2011 6:37:01 PM EDT
[#22]

I sure hope someone (come on lotto) will buy it and get it back up and running .... hate to see any manufacturer go under.

Link Posted: 2/7/2011 6:40:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Sounds to me like the only thing Sabra has to sell,that they own,is their name and any inventory.

The machinery would be the biggest attraction for any bidders,sine there is a LOT of competition in the industry right now.

I'm pretty sure you can't sell contracts.
Link Posted: 2/7/2011 6:49:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

It was a question, not a call out....

Link Posted: 2/7/2011 6:55:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
I would guess that they are just selling machinery and parts that the creditor had a lien on, not any contracts.

Machinery and building are all leased, parts and product certainly included, as is the company itself with any assets as well as any contracts (DOD would have the option to continue the contracts or pull out, but that will depend on who purchases it and their negotiation skillz).

Let me know, I have a couple of days free next week and access to tractor trailers, it's only about a 13 hour drive one way, assuming everything is still at the place they had rented by the airport in Nashville.  

I think their offices were on Allied drive in S. Nashville.

Pmc
Link Posted: 2/7/2011 7:19:10 PM EDT
[#26]
If an American bids and owns it I hope it goes better

I just can't see them going under???They were just awarded another 6.8Million dollar contract

..Maybe they just decided to go back to the UK for the change of weather

I am not sure how transferable the DoD Contracts are but IF you were the new owner.You would be knee deep
in Ma-Deuce barrels through the year until December.

Just me speculating but maybe they couldn't meet the demands of the contracts and called it a day??..who knows??

I'd like to work for the new owners ,building/testing/developing new toys in their R&D section under American patriots from Arfcom..First order
of business would be a shoulder fired,3-4 barrel,portable,battery pack powered,injection molded w/titanium heat shield,Gatling-Gun which was fed by,P90 type mags..

I guess I will have to wait until the lottery calls my numbers..What a shame!!

Good luck to you wealthy guys..Here is a chance to own your very own machine gun outlet mall..

Boy,Oh Boy..I hope someone who lives in TX makes the right decision...Because,such as aforementioned,I can sure use a great job and
being,at least, local enough, I can start as soon as the check clears.
Link Posted: 2/7/2011 7:25:45 PM EDT
[#27]
This is an interesting thread
Link Posted: 2/7/2011 7:34:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Doesn't ARFCOM (the site/company, not the collective members) want to enter a bid?...
Add the rifles to the Site Store and keep it all "in the family" so to speak?

We did, but they needed $100K deposit and all we had were $1million bills.
Honestly, if someone has that kind of $ and is looking to get into the industry, this is an excellent opportunity to get a bargain. Not only is there more than enough inventory to cover the purchase price, but there are military/gov contracts that are likely salvageable and the opportunity to get your money back in less than 6 months is more than realistic. Sabre not only manufactures for these contracts and their own sales, but they make products for a large number of major manufacturers including many on this site.

E.D. - You're makin' it sound sweet.  

Mark, you ain't got a hair on your ass if you can buy this company and don't.  

Link Posted: 2/7/2011 7:51:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Doesn't ARFCOM (the site/company, not the collective members) want to enter a bid?...
Add the rifles to the Site Store and keep it all "in the family" so to speak?

We did, but they needed $100K deposit and all we had were $1million bills.
Honestly, if someone has that kind of $ and is looking to get into the industry, this is an excellent opportunity to get a bargain. Not only is there more than enough inventory to cover the purchase price, but there are military/gov contracts that are likely salvageable and the opportunity to get your money back in less than 6 months is more than realistic. Sabre not only manufactures for these contracts and their own sales, but they make products for a large number of major manufacturers including many on this site.

E.D. - You're makin' it sound sweet.  

Mark, you ain't got a hair on your ass if you can buy this company and don't.  

I'm not sure what LaRue stands to really gain outside of the dollar value of the inventory. LaRue isnt going to get a better name in the industry than what they already have and they obviously already have the machines anyways.

Might be a cheap way to expand current operations but hell why not save the 2 million, buy a few lathes in house and start turning out LaRue barrels?
Link Posted: 2/7/2011 7:57:08 PM EDT
[#30]
If somebody does buy it (Larue...), please let me know.  I'm am a Business Development manager in the surgical device industry who wants to work in the firearms industry.
Link Posted: 2/7/2011 8:01:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Set up a new membership, charge $200 for it and make it worth a free lower every year for the next three years.  I'll bet you you'll have the needed cash in short order.  
Link Posted: 2/7/2011 10:56:43 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

-subscribe-

Link Posted: 2/7/2011 11:27:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is wrong with their barrels?  I have seen many positive reviews for them here, and none that were negative.  I'm not saying such reviews don't exist, but I would like to hear any information you might have as I was thinking of picking one up.

Link Posted: 2/7/2011 11:31:16 PM EDT
[#34]
The way I see it, Texas still owes its existance to Tennessee seeing as it was some old Tennessee boys that went down there and kicked some ass. Larue, I'll cancel the debt if you open up a Tennessee division and crank out Tennessean made ARs. I'd be first in line.

Here's looking at you, Mark.
Link Posted: 2/7/2011 11:36:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The way I see it, Texas still owes its existance to Tennessee seeing as it was some old Tennessee boys that went down there and kicked some ass. Larue, I'll cancel the debt if you open up a Tennessee division and crank out Tennessean made ARs. I'd be first in line.

What would the logo for that plant be, a 'dillo wearing a raccoon-skin cap?

Link Posted: 2/7/2011 11:38:10 PM EDT
[#36]
MrClean4Hire is claiming on a different board that he is putting together a purchase offer.
Link Posted: 2/7/2011 11:49:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is wrong with their barrels?  I have seen many positive reviews for them here, and none that were negative.  I'm not saying such reviews don't exist, but I would like to hear any information you might have as I was thinking of picking one up.

Aside from a slightly large port size, ~.080 iicr carbine length, and batch testing, nothing is wrong with them. They are excellent shooters.

Link Posted: 2/8/2011 12:16:14 AM EDT
[#38]
Financing is not the easiest to get right now...

But this is think-worthy....
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 12:35:54 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What would the logo for that plant be, a 'dillo wearing a raccoon-skin cap?

I don't see why not! A coonskin hat would look great on the little booger. Coonskin caps build character.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 12:37:56 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
ARFCOM GROUP BUY!

Hell yeah
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 12:39:40 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
MrClean4Hire is claiming on a different board that he is putting together a purchase offer.

Best rollmark ever? A $20 crammed in a strippers ass? A hole on a pole? The possibilities are endless.

Link Posted: 2/8/2011 2:14:07 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

LOL

I guess owning run down strip clubs makes you qualified to produce firearms
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 4:53:26 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 5:02:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have 15 ARs with various barrels including Colt and Daniel Defense.  My Saber Defense is my best shooter.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 5:08:33 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 5:50:10 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Why? You're buying a corporation that most likely already has it's own FFL/SOT. And corporations are entities on their own.

Link Posted: 2/8/2011 7:23:52 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 7:30:47 AM EDT
[#48]
The blonde with the AR on that page is HOT.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 7:35:35 AM EDT
[#49]
i bought 25 lottey tickets, I can only hope.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 7:49:48 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

My thoughts exactly, my first rifle was a sabre and it has an awesome barrel.  Overall one of the best rifles I have ever seen.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top