Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:51:45 PM EDT
[#1]
The suspense for the details (if there are any details) is KILLING me....
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:52:25 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If this is true, fuck them.

...what?

"What we've got here is... failure to communicate."

Sig releasing a civy 55x series is a bad thing?

Yes, there supposed to be like Colt and HK and try to screw us civvies.......
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:53:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I want to know if the American made Sig's deserve to carry the name "Sig".
One of the attractions (for me) is the Swiss quality. Will we see such quality and attention to detail in a rifle made in American at 1/2 the price of the real deal?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:56:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Two things-

1. I didnt realize Sig would be releasing a 55x THIS soon

2. I also didn't realize they would take AR mags unlike the original

We must have pics, forthwith and immediatly

I WANT one

Since there are those of us not a member of TFL and the last day for their group buy was 3 days ago, How 'bout an ArfCom group buy? Maybe our resident Zen Dealer can help

Just a though-
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:58:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I am getting one or three.
I will sell a kidney if I have to.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:59:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Does it have the M4 stock? I saw a pic that was supposed to be one. Looked like a 552 with an M4 stock. I hated the stock.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:00:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Um, yea. I am going to buy one.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:00:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I am getting one or three.
I will sell a kidney if I have to.

If they go public I'll give it a few months to get some feedback. If they are true Sig quality and the "real deal" I'll loan out on my 401K if I have to but by God I WILL have one.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:01:30 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I want to know if the American made Sig's deserve to carry the name "Sig".
One of the attractions (for me) is the Swiss quality. Will we see such quality and attention to detail in a rifle made in American at 1/2 the price of the real deal?

I hear what you're saying. This is how I see it.....

1.) HOPEFULLY the design/intricacies of the internal parts will still be the same, meaning the Swiss quality engineering will still be there, meaning at least some original exceptional quality will be "inherited" if you will.

2.) American made stuff ain't bad. If it were made by Taurus or Charles Daly or something, I might be worried. But the SIG stuff that is made in America already (like the slides for the Sig Pro) seem to be very high quality. I see no reason why the same quality wouldn't be seen with the new rifle as well.

3.) Don't let the potentially low price cause you to think that the quality will automatically suffer. Other 55x rifles are/were so expensive for us and LE because the demand is relativley low. The demand for the new rifle, however, is already so high that it's almost nuts....and nobody even knows if it's going to exist yet! I'm sure SIG is taking this into consideration when setting a price.

4.) WHO CARES? I WANT ONE ANYWAYS!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:03:06 PM EDT
[#10]
I'll be buying one as well, AR mags?  Sweet!  If only it has the original folder as an option it will be even better.  
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:04:14 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

...what?

If it has an AR-15 stock and AR-15 mags, yes it is a bad thing.

I want a real 550 series gun, not some redesigned shit that SIG thinks is what we want.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:05:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Now, the $65,000 question:

"What will it be named?"

I ask because if it is named the Sig 556, CT residents cannot possess as the SIG 57 AMT and 500 series are both named as assault weapons.  Also, will it be available "neutered" with fixed stock, deleted flash suppressor and bayo mount?

If so, I'll buy 3.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:05:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Guess this means ill end up selling off mu HK Tac. to put funds towards the SIG... Wow, if this is for real im all over it....
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:06:07 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
See a SHRIKE too?

I've got mine and posted pics.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:07:09 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

...what?

You are out of touch with reality.  It has been explained on this board serveral times over how HK was screwed by the 1989 import ban.

If you do not accept this fact, you have no credibilty and I don't have time for your emosionally driven ranting.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:08:48 PM EDT
[#16]
I hope they are gonna have it available with the Sig style folding stock and not just an M4 type stock, I do like the AR mag thing though
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:11:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:14:13 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
You are out of touch with reality.  It has been explained on this board serveral times over how HK was screwed by the 1989 import ban.

It's much easier to piss and moan, "HK doesn't like civilians because they won't build domestic rifles," than to see that investing on a domestic factory to build firearms for a small segment of the shooting community is a risky proposition.  HK's investment could be trashed with one signature.  Our elected officials don't want us to have HK products.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:16:03 PM EDT
[#19]
What I want to know is will it be better than the FN ARM......and will it be cheaper or more expensive.....I got enough money to get just one more rifle, and it's between these two...........so, whoever goes to the Shot Show, please fondle both of these generously and give plenty of feedback!!!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:29:12 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Guess this means ill end up selling off mu HK Tac. to put funds towards the SIG... Wow, if this is for real im all over it....

and you just got that one too
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:29:35 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
What I want to know is will it be better than the FN ARM......and will it be cheaper or more expensive.....I got enough money to get just one more rifle, and it's between these two...........so, whoever goes to the Shot Show, please fondle both of these generously and give plenty of feedback!!!

What does the Sig 55X do that the AR platform doesn't already do in a lighter, more versatile package?  I agree it looks cool, but what else?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:32:42 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

...what?

If you do not accept this fact, you have no credibilty and I don't have time for your emosionally driven ranting.

Blah blah blah boo hoo hoo you bashed HK blah blah.

Sig is taking steps to bring its products to us, the American shooter. HK has all but told us to fuck off.
You can blow smoke up your ass and hand out feel good blow jobs on how cool HK is, but I aint buyin it. If HK WANTED to offer its products to American shooters (The whole line up i mean) it very easily could.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:34:15 PM EDT
[#23]
It's variety.........I already have 2 AR-15 rifles, and either a SIG or FN rifle would be a nice cap on my collection...........true, the AR does just as much as the other two do, but I would take either of them just the same

Quoted:

Quoted:

What does the Sig 55X do that the AR platform doesn't already do in a lighter, more versatile package?  I agree it looks cool, but what else?

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:34:21 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's much easier to piss and moan, "HK doesn't like civilians because they won't build domestic rifles," than to see that investing on a domestic factory to build firearms for a small segment of the shooting community is a risky proposition.  HK's investment could be trashed with one signature.  Our elected officials don't want us to have HK products.

So, expand the product line! Offer something besides a military rifle. I'm sure a quality bolt action HK would be well recieved by the public.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:35:08 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
If HK WANTED to offer its products to American shooters (The whole line up i mean) it very easily could.

How?  How would HK accomplish such a feat to bring us civie-legal rifles?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:35:09 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Now, the $65,000 question:

"What will it be named?"

I ask because if it is named the Sig 556, CT residents cannot possess as the SIG 57 AMT and 500 series are both named as assault weapons.  Also, will it be available "neutered" with fixed stock, deleted flash suppressor and bayo mount?

If so, I'll buy 3.

BINGO!  I'm at the edge of my seat about what the model designation will be... I really hope it isn't 556.  

- BG
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:36:25 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If HK WANTED to offer its products to American shooters (The whole line up i mean) it very easily could.

They happen to have a very large factory they just set up in the United States, designed to make XM-8s.

They could be pumping out lots fo civy rifles right now, if they wanted to.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:39:35 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They happen to have a very large factory they just set up in the United States, designed to make XM-8s.

HK doesnt' have a factory in the US, moron.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:40:13 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lets not ruin scottryan's fantasy ok? Lets leave facts out of this and live in scottryan's dreamland where he is the expert.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:40:26 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

HK TRIED!

But Klintoon screwed them over after Bush 1 (IT WASN'T JUST BUSH 1 THAT HURT HK) and it was just too much of a hassle to build a AWB and GCA compliant gun
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:41:33 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They have no factory.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:42:13 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It seems there are multiple morons.  HK is building a facility in OHIO.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:42:17 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

You mean the "now-suspended XM8 project"?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:46:44 PM EDT
[#34]
At one time I heard they were supposed to be building one in Columbus, Ga near Ft. Benning, but since the XM-8 got squashed, I think that pretty much did that in.  

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It seems there are multiple morons.  HK is building a facility in OHIO.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:47:06 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lets not ruin scottryan's fantasy ok? Lets leave facts out of this and live in scottryan's dreamland where he is the expert.

Gee, what facts have you brought up?  

Everything I said was fact you worthless fuck.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:48:00 PM EDT
[#36]
HK does not have a factory in the US or Canada.

They were going to build one at Columbus, GA
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:48:25 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How about we not hijack this thread with immature name calling
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:49:07 PM EDT
[#38]
I've taken part in enough of these SG-556 threads. I'm only in it for the pics now and concrete information provided officially by SIG.

At 9:00am friday morning two things will happen: I will pre-order my SG-556 from my dealer or mail off my SBR AR15 papers. Either way I cant lose
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:50:29 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Name calling does wonders for your "credibility". Well done Captain.

The fact is that HK doesnt give a shit about selling its products to American shooters. Its that simple. handing out feel good blow jobs about how HK is the shit, HK is the best, HK got screwed, it isnt HK's fault doesnt change the facts. Which is, HK has no real interest in selling to the American shooter.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:50:56 PM EDT
[#40]
You going to the SHOT Show Variable?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:51:46 PM EDT
[#41]
I hope they can make a quality product, as others have mentioned.

Both the Armalite AR-180B, and the M-96 Expeditionary rifle, had some issues out of the gate.

If it weren't for a new AWB coming in the future, I'd sit back and let them make a couple revisions after getting the first few thousand out in civilian hands, but it may be wise to snap one up, like the original Sig rifle series, as another ban might make it an impossibility in the future.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:53:10 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The fact is that HK doesnt give a shit about selling its products to American shooters. Its that simple. handing out feel good blow jobs about how HK is the shit, HK is the best, HK got screwed, it isnt HK's fault doesnt change the facts. Which is, HK has no real interest in selling to the American shooter.

I'm done with you.

I never see you involved in any techinial discussion on the fireams side of this board.  How can you be credible?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:55:17 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

HK DOES sell guns to the US Civilian market.

Handguns, rifles, shotguns...........
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:01:14 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow, was that uncalled for. Sadly for you, your insults have no affect on me, as your opinions amount to less than a bucket of turds.

And yes, they now have a factory in the United States, read this, jackass, and weep: www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m3197/is_12_48/ai_111971494

"Heckler & Koch celebrated the official groundbreaking of its new American factory in Georgia during a ceremony in October. The event was attended by local residents, business leaders and several political figures including Georgia Governor Sonny Perdue, Senator Saxby Chambliss, and Congressmen Sanford D. Bishop Jr. and Phil Gingrey."

That was started back in 2003, last I heard the factory was finished, still needs machinery, but HK already has those on order.

And yes, the XM-8 is dead, doesn't change the fact HK now has a factory in the United States, all the more reason for them to make civy weapons with the now-wasted real estate, if they had any brains, which they don't, much like you.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:03:39 PM EDT
[#45]
HK abandoned any factory they were going to build.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:07:20 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

No, they didn't, they still own it, they just haven't added the needed machinery.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:13:28 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm hoping that SIG comes out with this rifle and doesn't make changes to it.  Last year I was speaking with a SIG rep that let me play around with the 55x series guns.  I could not believe how much of a natural pointer these rifles were.  They may look kind of blocky but as far as ergonomics go, they fit me perfect.  

It will  be a rifle I'll have to own.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:16:06 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, they didn't, they still own it, they just haven't added the needed machinery.

link

Army Contract and 500 New Jobs Up in the Air

It was almost 2 years ago when Heckler and Koch made the announcement it was coming to Columbus.

There was talk of million dollar investments and the possibility of 500 new jobs being created. But those economic dreams are being rudely awakened.

Pete Simons, President of Heckler and Koch Defense, says plans have changed. The company thought it was a shoo in for a now $32 million contract to build combat rifles. It bought land and a building in the technology park hoping to make a manufacturing center.

But now, the army has now opened up that contract to bidding meaning Heckler and Koch has to scale back it's plans.

Now the company is bringing it's distribution center here from Virginia, creating about 40 jobs.

The army will make it's decision on who gets the combat rifle contract sometime after this November.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:18:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:20:46 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

link

Army Contract and 500 New Jobs Up in the Air

It was almost 2 years ago when Heckler and Koch made the announcement it was coming to Columbus.

There was talk of million dollar investments and the possibility of 500 new jobs being created. But those economic dreams are being rudely awakened.

Pete Simons, President of Heckler and Koch Defense, says plans have changed. The company thought it was a shoo in for a now $32 million contract to build combat rifles. It bought land and a building in the technology park hoping to make a manufacturing center.

But now, the army has now opened up that contract to bidding meaning Heckler and Koch has to scale back it's plans.

Now the company is bringing it's distribution center here from Virginia, creating about 40 jobs.

The army will make it's decision on who gets the combat rifle contract sometime after this November.

As I said, HK still owns the factory, they just aren't doing anything with it.

Which is all the more reason to try to turn it into something that might make a profit, by building civy rifles.

However, HK has never been smart in matters like this.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top