Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 14
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:11:41 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

How the hell do you choose between a AR-15, FS2000, AND a damn Sig 556?

Yes, look at us... we don't even know what to do with ourselves when we have choices in evil guns.

You do understand where you are right?  

YOU GET ALL THREE!!!!  
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:12:01 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
One thing I just remembered him telling me is that it will come with a rail system forend and I believe he said it was also free float as well. Soon as I know more I will be happy to post it here.

Are you sure you didn't get this from a "Reliable source out of South Florida...?"

This is getting too good to be true...  

The guy was in my office today and like I said he is pretty high on the food chain with Sig, not just a rep. I have no stake in this just thought I would share the info with the fellas. All you gotta do is check their website on Thursday morning like he said.

Will do.

I really think they'd make a PILE of cash on this... There are lots of us that have wanted to add a fine SIG rifle - or three - to their collections but didn't want to dole out the major dough previously required to do so. I'd have to pick one up simply out of appreciation for bringing something new to the US marketplace.

I'd also love to see it on magazine covers... as much as I like ARs, they're just too commonplace on the newsstand!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:13:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Tag.

Wow.

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:21:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah but, is it Connecticut legal?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:21:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I have no choice but to see where this goes for it sounds painfully blissful to my savings account.

So.......Tag.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:24:15 PM EDT
[#6]
tag.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:32:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
As many already know Sigarms will be releasing the Sig model 556 for commercial sales. Well keep your eyes opened for a press release on Thursday at 9am . I was told today from a very highly placed Sig exec that an anouncement will made then.

He confirmed to me that the new rifle will in fact accept AR15 magazines.  I might be getting more info tomorrow as I have another meeting scheduled .

Are there any particular questions anyone has ?

The regional rep came to my department last week for a demo.  He told us that the rifle would be unveiled on the 9th at the SHOT show and would priced under $1000.  He also told me, after I asked specifically, that the rifle would be able to use proprietary SIG mags, another version would use AR mags, and that supposedly, though I don't know how without modifying the mags, an adapter would be available.  I handled the rifle which I thought was very front heavy.  I did not like the cocking handle on the right side and the folding stock seemed long to me (this was the SWAT model) and I think would seem worse with body armor on.  I'll find out next week because our tac commander's wife just went to work for SIG as their small department sales rep.  I also had a chance to shoot he  SIG 1911 which was nice, but heavy, the 229 DAK with factory short trigger which was OK, and the 220 DAK which is the best feeling SIG I have every handled.  Sorry if this seems like a hijack.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:34:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
As many already know Sigarms will be releasing the Sig model 556 for commercial sales. Well keep your eyes opened for a press release on Thursday at 9am . I was told today from a very highly placed Sig exec that an anouncement will made then.

He confirmed to me that the new rifle will in fact accept AR15 magazines.  I might be getting more info tomorrow as I have another meeting scheduled .

The regional rep came to my department last week for a demo.  He told us that the rifle would be unveiled on the 9th at the SHOT show and would priced under $1000.  He also told me, after I asked specifically, that the rifle would be able to use proprietary SIG mags, another version would use AR mags, and that supposedly, though I don't know how without modifying the mags, an adapter would be available.  I handled the rifle which I thought was very front heavy.  I did not like the cocking handle on the right side and the folding stock seemed long to me (this was the SWAT model) and I think would seem worse with body armor on.  I'll find out next week because our tac commander's wife just went to work for SIG as their small department sales rep.  I also had a chance to shoot he  SIG 1911 which was nice, but heavy, the 229 DAK with factory short trigger which was OK, and the 220 DAK which is the best feeling SIG I have every handled.  Sorry if this seems like a hijack.

Does it come without the folding stock?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:37:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Tag
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:39:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Based on one key thing he said... no

The SIG 55X series is banned... so if they name this the 556, we are screwed!

The folding stock can be welded... flash hiders removed... threads covered...  of ALL the things that fuck us, it is going to be the model name???  

(Pardon my French... I've been getting moist for over a week over the thought of a SIG)

- BG
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:40:18 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The folding stock can be welded... flash hiders removed... threads covered...  of ALL the things that fuck us, it is going to be the model name???  

(Pardon my French... I've been getting moist for over a week over the thought of a SIG)

- BG

Vote with your feet
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:42:56 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm gonna need 10.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:43:21 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Does it come without the folding stock?

He had three there and all had folders.  I didn't think to ask.  I can find out on Tuesday if you want.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:44:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Uh.... Tag
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:45:45 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I'm gonna need 10.

Wanna do a group buy SteyrAUG?  Based on previous posts of yours, you always seem to have a ball doing group buys. . .
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:48:28 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm gonna need 10.

Wanna do a group buy SteyrAUG?  Based on previous posts of yours, you always seem to have a ball doing group buys. . .

Those 10 are for me.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:49:54 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

- BG

Vote with your feet

Us CT folks do indeed vote with our hands... but most folks around here happen to have their heads up their hind ends when they pull the lever.  

Man... I hope someone from CT has connections with SIG and can give them a hat tip about the model designation... the "Sig CIV" would be just fine... a little run of differently marked receivers can't be that hard... and any gunsmith worth his weight in lead could post-bannify them.    (A high schooler in metal shop could post-bannify em!)

- BG

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:28:21 PM EDT
[#18]
They are 1/7 twist right?  My understanding is they are quite accurate as well.  77gr match ammo would be fun to play with I'll bet!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:30:38 PM EDT
[#19]
tag
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:33:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Any idea on projected wait times? I know thats hard to gauge, but are they tooled up to turn out a dozen a week or a dozen an hour? If its anything like the AR15 rush after the ban expired, alot of us are going to be waiting quite some time for one......
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:37:26 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Any idea on projected wait times? I know thats hard to gauge, but are they tooled up to turn out a dozen a week or a dozen an hour? If its anything like the AR15 rush after the ban expired, alot of us are going to be waiting quite some time for one......

Yeah, I'm not real keen on living that again.  Months I waited for a barrel.  If it's going to be like that I'll just wait for a bit.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:38:36 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I'm not real keen on living that again.  Months I waited for a barrel.  If it's going to be like that I'll just wait for a bit.

I waited 4 months with Aim, give or take, before saying eff it and shopping locally. Found one sitting on my dealers rack.
It wasnt when I left.
If the Sig rush is anything like the AR rush was, it'll give us all time to save up some money cause we wont be seeing them anytime soon in any real numbers.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:39:13 PM EDT
[#23]
tag.......I want one.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:39:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Tag for pics.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:39:58 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I waited 4 months with Aim, give or take, before saying eff it and shopping locally. Found one sitting on my dealers rack.
It wasnt when I left.
If the Sig rush is anything like the AR rush was, it'll give us all time to save up some money cause we wont be seeing them anytime soon in any real numbers.

Well, assuming SIG actually announces these things, and they come in under $1000, you can bet your ass I'm going to be scouring every reputable firearms site to be one of the first in line for a preorder.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:51:27 PM EDT
[#26]
I am with BUCC.

It needs to be named something other than 556.  I could care less, even if it was called the the Sig Rifle PoS - I will buy three.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:16:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Goddamnit, I don't need this.

My M4A3 is a fine SHTF rifle. And I'm flat broke with $8 in my wallet.

("baby, it's not you, it's me. I've just always had this thing for pistons and HK sights. I'm so sorry. No, your direct impregnation is fine honey, and I'm sure it'll make somebody else happy someday.")
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:18:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Under 1,000? Takes NATO STANAG box mags?

On my radar!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:22:27 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Goddamnit, I don't need this.

My M4A3 is a fine SHTF rifle. And I'm flat broke with $8 in my wallet.

("baby, it's not you, it's me. I've just always had this thing for pistons and HK sights. I'm so sorry. No, your direct impregnation is fine honey, and I'm sure it'll make somebody else happy someday.")

+1, but I'm doing it anyway .
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:25:03 PM EDT
[#30]
who said it was going to be under a grand? We should know better than that...come on we live in a capitalist nation...and everyone here is going to want one....and most will pay top dollar...so I'm betting on 1,500-2K But hey if I'm wrong, then that just means I get two...
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:28:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Add the FN ARM, and then you really have a tough decision

Quoted:

Quoted:

How the hell do you choose between a AR-15, FS2000, AND a damn Sig 556?

Yes, look at us... we don't even know what to do with ourselves when we have choices in evil guns.

You do understand where you are right?  

YOU GET ALL THREE!!!!  

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:30:16 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
who said it was going to be under a grand? We should know better than that...come on we live in a capitalist nation...and everyone here is going to want one....and most will pay top dollar...so I'm betting on 1,500-2K But hey if I'm wrong, then that just means I get two...

1500 would make a tough pill to swallow. 2 grand and I'm out for sure. Which would suck.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:30:19 PM EDT
[#33]
With all this talk of the name being a huge inconvenience, I thought I'd ask: isn't there usually some sort of clause at the end of the "bad models" list in such laws that states something to the effect of "...or variants thereof", etc.? For instance, I don't think you can buy a Chinese type 56 in a state where AK-47/AKMs are banned simply because of the name. If that's the case, then the name wouldn't make much of a difference. After all, SIG is going to want all the sales they can get (they ARE a company after all...), I don't think they'd sacrifice all sales in multiple states just for a somewhat catchy name.

I could be wrong, though. That's why I'm asking.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:30:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Tag

ARH

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:43:26 PM EDT
[#35]
All I need to know is where I can get on a pre-order list... right now.

I don't care if they are $800 or $1600, I want one.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:47:15 PM EDT
[#36]
i have a entire section of my brain thinking about how i can get away with only AR mags if this happens.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:48:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Tag
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:49:37 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
i have a entire section of my brain thinking about how i can get away with only AR mags if this happens.

I have an entire section of my brain trying to figure out how to hide a 2000 purchase from the wife.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:51:46 PM EDT
[#39]
I paid 677 with taxes for my AR.

I am not really keen on paying over 1000 for a gun I would shoot/use.

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:54:07 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:
will it have the M4 collapsable stock or the SIG 55x side folder or possibly use both?

Wondering that too... though I know that for MI we'd likely need the M4 type stock because the OAL folded is too short.  

But there are likely better stock options out there... Magpul has some nice ones. Just wouldn't look right compared to the Swiss issue rifles.

Assuming everthing would be to to the Swiss Arms 55x rifle's dimensions (and that's assuming where I shouldn't be) a 20" barreled version would put it at over the 30", folded, to still be considered a rifle.

With a 16" barrel it appears that it would indeed come in a bit too short to still be considered anything but an SBR in MI.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:54:19 PM EDT
[#41]
I can sympathize..............but I have 3 AR's as it is, and one of them will be sold in order to make room for either the SIG or FN rifle. Hopefully the prices wont be too far over the top, at least after awhile.

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:56:46 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have an entire section of my brain trying to figure out how to hide a 2000 purchase from the wife.

I knew I wasn't alone in trying to figure that one out!

Maybe like this:  $5 for lunch each day * 365 = $1825

Or just say "Fuck it" and ask for forgiveness later

Knowing myself, it will probably be choice B
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:58:46 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
With all this talk of the name being a huge inconvenience, I thought I'd ask: isn't there usually some sort of clause at the end of the "bad models" list in such laws that states something to the effect of "...or variants thereof", etc.?

The CT AWB specifically names the "SIG 57 AMT and 500 series" as being banned firearms, prohibited from transfer or possession, except those already in possession priot to 1 Oct 1993.  A Sig 550-type, manufactured under another name, without the evil features like the former Fed AWB, are fine to possess.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:58:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Hmmm, I've got a Sig VP's number on my desk.  I'll call tomorrow and see what info I can dig up.  

Group buy anyone?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:59:54 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
I can sympathize..............but I have 3 AR's as it is, and one of them will be sold in order to make room for either the SIG or FN rifle. Hopefully the prices wont be too far over the top, at least after awhile.

Quoted:

With all the new evil assault rifles coming out it is only a matter of time untill the price wars begin.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:00:42 PM EDT
[#46]
I'll get one if they are $1,000 or less.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:05:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Yeah, that's what one would hope for............the competition to sell might create some nice prices for us consumers of evil black rifles.........then again, it might not, but it never hurts to dream

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

With all the new evil assault rifles coming out it is only a matter of time untill the price wars begin.

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:06:42 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have long wanted a Barrett 50 BMG rifle but they are far out of my price range for now.

I wish my gun purchases were not dictated by finances.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:09:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Me and you both..........it's bad when you are at a point where you have to contemplate selling something off to get something else, or just delay it because you dont have it. But, one way or another I will have one of these rifles, even if one of my AR's has to go by the wayside, cause I also want a .45 auto as well...

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have long wanted a Barrett 50 BMG rifle but they are far out of my price range for now.

I wish my gun purchases were not dictated by finances.

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:10:12 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:
With all this talk of the name being a huge inconvenience, I thought I'd ask: isn't there usually some sort of clause at the end of the "bad models" list in such laws that states something to the effect of "...or variants thereof", etc.?

The CT AWB specifically names the "SIG 57 AMT and 500 series" as being banned firearms, prohibited from transfer or possession, except those already in possession priot to 1 Oct 1993.  A Sig 550-type, manufactured under another name, without the evil features like the former Fed AWB, are fine to possess.

Incidentally, you guys in CT may have a good shot at a legal precident challenge considering what's going on in Cali with the banning by series.  It isn't just ARs.
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top