Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:49:54 PM EDT
[#1]
1st thing I'd do is tell your friend to stop forwarding "leaked" e-mail out of the company and having you post it on the internet... If he does get a lawyer and claim any sort of hostil work environment discovery will be interesting.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:56:25 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

He should take his stapler and leave.

Naw, he should burn the fucker down.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:57:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Record rants, leak to Fox News, Drudge or Rush anonymously?  That'll not only bring embarrassment to the organization, but also the entire industry.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 3:07:45 PM EDT
[#4]
He can get a little pen video recorder.

It looks like an ink pen, but records audio and video.  The video is jerky, but clear.  Pretty much just a series of single shots.

He can put it in his pocket and record away.  It just plugs into a USB slot to download the recorded file.

I found one for $25 online, shop around.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 3:11:18 PM EDT
[#5]
To all the sue for a hostile work environment types . . .

You'll have a hard time winning that suit unless the employee informs management that the political diatribes are making him feel as though he is not wanted/valued as an employee, or as if he is being forced out because of his political affiliations,

AND

management does nothing to correct the problem or runs him out for speaking up.

So yeah, the guy should see a lawyer, or if this niche profession is full of libtards, suck it up he chose to work in that arena.

JMTC/YMMV
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 3:15:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
lawyer up, become the owner of the company after harrasment suit victory.

Go get some counseling on the record and EEOC complaint their ass.....and leave a dead fish rolled up in newspaper on the leaders desk. At least.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 3:26:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Get a different job.
Transfer to another office.
Tell the management that he is uncomfortable with the political nature of office talk.
Stay quiet and realize that it is just a job and just talk.

He does not have a case.  Political affiliation is not a protected class, nor does heated political disagreement constitute a hostile work environment.

Bullshit...it does when they can fire you for not becoming part of the Liberal Borg. Lawyer up (Conservative Rotweiler), record some rants, doccument dates, get counseling sessions for depression on record and when you have your ducks in a row file the EEOC complaint and tell them when it hits the office that you will sue them personally as well for a human rights violation if they even look at you funny. Works for Liberals all the time. If you're not part of the herd and critically endangered anyway you have nothing to lose and everything to gain while you shop that resume'. F them.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 3:30:14 PM EDT
[#8]
ugh
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 3:38:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Same thing happens to me but on the other side. I just keep quite and drive on. I leave politics and religion at home.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 3:48:58 PM EDT
[#10]
OH NOES TEH LIBS ARE RANTING AT WORK, WAHHh, seriously, man the fuck up.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 3:51:44 PM EDT
[#11]
How long has your friend been working at ACORN?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:41:42 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Trust me when I say, it has to be BAD for this particular person to complain.  This person doesn't get involved politically, and isn't likely to get riled up easily.

Besides, "manning up" isn't possible in this case.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:50:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Trust me when I say, it has to be BAD for this particular person to complain.  This person doesn't get involved politically, and isn't likely to get riled up easily.

If its a hot chick, we need pics. Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:52:29 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Trust me when I say, it has to be BAD for this particular person to complain. This person doesn't get involved politically, and isn't likely to get riled up easily.

If its a hot chick, we need pics. Thanks.

That's harrassment, bro!
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:07:46 PM EDT
[#15]

everybody always says "get a lawyer".  You better do the math.  find a job in this environment after some lawyer soils your reputation in your job field.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:45:12 PM EDT
[#16]
http://www.nela.org/NELA/index.cfm?event=showPage&pg=contact
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:09:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
"I'll be more sensitive in the future."

I doubt it.

"After reflecting on the meeting we had recently, and the banter during that meeting, I realize that such banter may offend some of our team members. I recommend that we keep political talk to a minimum in the workplace and concentrate on efficiency and other means to become as profitable as possible. We will be a better team, and perhaps get raises!"

That's what a leader would send.
Not "I'll try to be nice. (You do what you want)."

They're liberals, they don't have leaders, they have community organizers.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:11:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Lay low, gather dirt. Make audiovisual recordings (if legal, of course).
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 9:08:02 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

document everything.  use documentation in the future for whatever may arise.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top