BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:57:14 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Ok fellas...points well taken.

Just a thought though...y'all weren't here. and hindsight is always 20/20.

I guess I deserved it...

Hey, you came out OK other than a little ARFCOM ego bruising.  Put this one in the 'lessons learned' file.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:06:13 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Smart! Go confront the guy wielding a gun with a bat. Darwin is calling.

Yep, real smart guy there...

But it's not unusual to hear shots every other night here...
Even full auto...
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:12:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Do they have any dogs?  Particularly hound dogs?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:20:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I called the SD once because I heard several shots fired at a location less than 200 yds from my house. These were quickly followed by 3 shots from a different weapon, and these were followed by another 2 rds from the first weapon. Very soon after, an SUV hauled ass down the street. Nobody from the SD ever showed.

Moral of the story: You're on your own, bubba.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:50:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
He's a Naval Officer, 500 yards is well inside our perimeters, we tend to think of defensive perimeters beginning at the 32 mile range ring on the PPI and going out from there.

We get real excited whever a potential threat is within 5000 yards, and really woopsie at 2000 yds.

I guess it all depends on what weapons you are used to engaging with.

Question: What is the minimum stand-off range for a Standard missile?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:04:38 PM EDT
[#6]
This thread is so tactical, I have a boner.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:17:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Are you LE?  isn't it dangerous taking your firearms down the street off your own property?  I guess I heard too many stories of cops turning on the good guys because they had guns and the cops didn't see the bad guys.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:26:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Never leave your castle to start a war.

Always let the enemy engage you at your liking, preferably in your kill zone.

Never leave a family member to defend just themselves.

Stay out of other peoples problems.

Follow these four rules to a T next time and you will live another day to post here on ARFCOM

<----- That's for being stupid.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:33:29 PM EDT
[#9]
That trailer park must be a hoot!
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:33:54 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

...Dad has banned the punk...and I told them if he shows his face around again, I'm calling the law.

Neighborhood is going to the dogs...

Well now he'll have no problem getting the LEO's out there next time there is a problem!!!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 3:33:08 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
He's a Naval Officer, 500 yards is well inside our perimeters, we tend to think of defensive perimeters beginning at the 32 mile range ring on the PPI and going out from there.

We get real excited whever a potential threat is within 5000 yards, and really woopsie at 2000 yds.

I guess it all depends on what weapons you are used to engaging with.

Question: What is the minimum stand-off range for a Standard missile?

Question: Don't you think that info is classified?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 3:56:47 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
This thread is so tactical, I have a boner.

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:05:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:08:05 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
You and your son are going to get killed pulling this kind of stunt.

If the po-po was accidentally around the corner when this happened and you were who they saw first, you would have had either an extremely short day, or an extremely looooong day.

We considered that.  Two of the sheriff's live within a quarter mile of us.  They know us and the layout of our land.  The BG does not.  We had every intention of ID'ing ourselves clearly if it came down to that.  Trust me, I wasn't taking any chances on getting shot.  Pretty hard to see us anyway...

Friendly fire...isn't.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:19:29 AM EDT
[#15]
No offense, man, but did you ever stop to think that those shots were heard by a lot of people and here come you and your son both with guns, sneaking around the neighborhood?  THINK!  While you're having thoughts of being a hero, you're going to either get yourself or your son killed by other neighbors with guns or by the cops!  At the least you would be bringing a lot of unwanted attention or trouble to your doorstep!  Let the cops handle it.  This wasn't your job!  Stay inside (with your guns in hand if it makes you happy) and call the cops!!!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:58:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:03:42 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You and your son are going to get killed pulling this kind of stunt.

Good point. I could see taking up a secure position in the house, with fields of observation..but not to exit the house to face an unknown threat that may not be initially directed at you, has no intention of engaging you,  but that may engage you once you are observed.

+1.... I finally see something from tc556guy I agree with....

- georgestrings
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top