Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:29:32 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Here, we're talking about something people WANT.  Market value is determined by demand.  There is obviously a demand.  I'll be generous and take a hit on my terms.

I'm all for taking a loss to help fellow New Yorkers out, but when the tone turns to demands, and not a gracious request- deals off.

I, nor did anyone else, did not demand  that anyone do anything, other than deal with the fact that former preban guns are now nothing more than at least ten year old used guns.

Hell, you gotta preban ya wanna keep, do whatever the hell you want to with it. It's your personal property. Keep it, sleep with it, stuff it up your pooper (Please do NOT post pics), paint it pink and call it Mary, price it at twice what it's actually worth. Makes no difference to me or just about anyone else I'd wager.

I now return you to your misplaced righteous indignation. I've wasted far too much of my time on this.

New Yorkers, good luck with your  trades.

SG
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:30:34 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Another option would be to split the difference between my pre-ban cost ($1500) and the cost of a new rifle ($800).

www.bushmaster.com/shopping/weapons/pcwa2s16.asp

Brand new Bushy...$985

SGtar15
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:33:16 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It aint about money. It's about them getting off thier ass' and going something to improve thier situation.  If they don't like being opressed then they need to elect people with thier views, move  or just shut up. NOBODY is making them live where they do. It's a choice they are making. They can choose to do something or not. That is thier business. I will not help them to sit on thier ass and cry about how bad they have it.

So your idea of activism is retreat?

If another Federal AWB becomes Law, do you intend to follow your own advice and leave the country?

Of course not.  That would require you to think logically and critically.
You aren't quite up to that, huh?
Idiot.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:41:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Cincinnatus
I never sugested they leave the country . I sugested they elect officals that support them  or leave the STATE. The STATE laws are what they are crying about.
Do you not know the difference between STATE and FEDERAL law?
Idiot!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:41:27 AM EDT
[#5]
if my preban colt ever returns to my posession i'll ship it to one of you poor unfortunate bastards as an even swap..........................
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:51:06 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
It aint about money. It's about them getting off thier ass' and going something to improve thier situation.  If they don't like being opressed then they need to elect people with thier views, move  or just shut up. NOBODY is making them live where they do. It's a choice they are making. They can choose to do something or not. That is thier business. I will not help them to sit on thier ass and cry about how bad they have it.

Ya know a comment like this I can't let slide . 1st your a moron................ That being said I live in Ma not my home State but this is where I have lived for many years now. My wife works for a fortune 500 Co. I own my own Biz. And my son is in 5th Grade needless to say IT AINT THAT EASY! We have looked at other areas but when ya have 6 weeks vacation and 20 + years invested at the Wifes job it just doesent add up to UP AND LEAVE Its not just about GUNS theres a life attached as well dumbass!
spelling edit
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:51:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:51:33 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Cincinnatus
I never sugested they leave the country . I sugested they elect officals that support them  or leave the STATE. The STATE laws are what they are crying about.
Do you not know the difference between STATE and FEDERAL law?
Idiot!

You suggest that if your STATE passes a law that you don't like, LEAVE.
LOGIC would suggest that your tactics would remain the same at the FEDERAL level.
But, I apologize for assuming that you would behave logically.

Let's disect your inane post, okay?

Pretend for a moment that someone from another country was commenting on an American who was complaining about the Clinton Ban....

Originally Some Imaginary Foreign Asshole:
If they don't like being opressed then they need to elect people with thier views, move or just shut up. NOBODY is making them live where they do.

Hmmmm...
Makes sense, no?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:55:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Also thanks for helping out Brothers............. I'm not looking right now but when I do.....................
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:00:42 AM EDT
[#10]
I am loyal to my country. I will continue to fight for my rights in the future as I have in the past.
I will also fight on the state level as I have before.  If the battle is lost on a state level and I can't live with the new laws then I will leave this state.
I willnot however abandon my country.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:08:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Those of you who paid 1200-1800 for preban guns (excluding Colts) PAID ARTIFICIALLY HIGH PRICES due the ban and supply/demand. That changed yesterday. Your gun is worth less now. Fact. I would not sell a Colt for less as it has collector value (i.e. SP-1s) but if you have an old PWA or something and could sell it for slightly over the value of a new RRA then why not help out an AR15.com member in a commie state. Your gun has lost its inflated value in 45 other states already.

Of course if you dont want to sell its your choice but trying to profit on the few who are still screwed it shitty- Your the one who was betting the ban would never expire when you bought it. AR15.com should have a tacked thread "hall of fame" for those who would help out. If  my prebans were not Colt SP-1s they would all be on this thread right now for $125 bucks sold to MY and MA individuals only. (no dealers)  

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:10:39 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I am loyal to my country. I will continue to fight for my rights in the future as I have in the past.
I will also fight on the state level as I have before.  If the battle is lost on a state level and I can't live with the new laws then I will leave this state.
I will not however abandon my country.

But you would abandon your state.
That's a testament to your willingness to fight (or lack thereof).

Remember how the Founding Fathers felt about States?
There used to be a sense of loyalty and "patriotism" for one's State, as well.
Not you, huh?
If the Liberals get a slight majority and pass some laws you don't like, you'll flee.
Then it will happen again in your NEW state... and you'll flee.
Someday it will happen on a FEDERAL LEVEL, and you'll finally put up a fight?

Why do I doubt this?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:11:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:26:39 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
If you people in comunist states want to buy guns with "BANNED" features then move. I'll be damned if I sell you retards a gun. Move to a FREE state or STFU.

You must be a complete and udder Moron.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:26:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Cincinnatus
You need to learn to read and comprehend the whole post. I said I would leave this state ONLY if the law was ubarable and the battle lost.
I also stated I would NEVER abandom my counrty.
I fought for CCW in this state. I fought to keep the AWB from being renewed.
How many people in the commie states do you think fought to keep the AWB from being renewed. I dougbt very many did becouse it wouldn't help them.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:36:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Hell, I live in MA. Outside of serving 4 years in the Army (NC), I've lived here all my life. It's not a bad State to live in... if you exclude the liberal politics. Unfortunately, that's what we're stuck with here and it's not about to change (MA legislature is 136 D, 23 R in the House and 34 D, 6 R in the Senate).

Even our Republican Guv is a gun-grabbing RINO (Mitt Romney). Fortunately, we actually do have a few pro RKBA Dems in the Western part of the State. if it wasn't for them, we'd really be screwed.
It also doesn't help that very few Republicans run for office here.

MA enacted their own AWB back in 98 (along with a whole slew of other gun-control crap). When it was looking as if the Federal ban was going to expire, the gun-grabbers panicked to re-write the State ban (the language was tied into the Federal ban). When they were debating it, they actually included a provision prohibiting the sales of pre-94 AWs. It took a lot of effort by GOAL (Gun Owners Action League), to get that provision removed. So for right now at least, we can still purchase "pre-bans".
There's no telling how long that will last once the State is "flooded" with pre-94 firearms and the gun-grabbers try to plug the leak. Hopefully, I can at least try and beat them at that game before it happens (hint, hint ;) ).

So, what else to do? As much as I'd like to move, it's not realistically possible: I'm 48, 19 years as a firefighter with very few  marketable job skills. I live about 20 minutes from the NH border. I'd relocate there in an instant if my job allowed it (residency requirement). On the bright side I'm looking at 8 -12 years (max) until retirement, then it's adios. Until then I just manage to tolerate with what I have to put up with here.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:36:48 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Another option would be to split the difference between my pre-ban cost ($1500) and the cost of a new rifle ($800).

www.bushmaster.com/shopping/weapons/pcwa2s16.asp

Brand new Bushy...$985

SGtar15

Ok, I paid $1300 for my preban Bushy.

I will sell it for $985 to someone from a commie state who is coming to Gunstock so I don't have
to fuck with shipping. Texas is a free state. No FFL with private sales.

If that sounds fare and someone from one of these states "ONLY" is coming to Gunstock, let me know.

Legs,
You can not sell it directly to anyone from another state without going through a FFL.

I also believe it would have to go to an FFL in his/her home state?

Of course there will probably not be any FFL dealers at Gunstock!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:39:54 AM EDT
[#18]
You know,  the law of supply and demand states that an item is worth whatever price you can get for it.  

I won't argue whether or not it's ethical to charge someone extra for a pre-ban, but if someone advertizes a preban for a price and a person is willing to pay it, then what's the problem?  If the price is too high, they won't buy it from them.

I paid $750 for my pre-ban bushy telestock-equipped lower in about '98  

Just the lower with internals, grip and telestock!

Did the guy screw me?  maybe... the fact remains that I was willing to pay it.  

Novelty adds value - plain and simple.  
In a ban state,  if someone wants to live there,  and own a pre-ban that is legal in their state,  then they need to decide what they're willing to pay for it, then not complain.  

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:41:28 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I willnot however abandon my country.

But you WILL abandon your gunowner/ARFCOM brothers?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:53:46 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
You know,  the law of supply and demand states that an item is worth whatever price you can get for it.  

I won't argue whether or not it's ethical to charge someone extra for a pre-ban, but if someone advertizes a preban for a price and a person is willing to pay it, then what's the problem?  If the price is too high, they won't buy it from them.

I paid $750 for my pre-ban bushy telestock-equipped lower in about '98  

Just the lower with internals, grip and telestock!

Did the guy screw me?  maybe... the fact remains that I was willing to pay it.  

Novelty adds value - plain and simple.  
In a ban state,  if someone wants[red/] to live there,  and own a pre-ban that is legal in their state,  then they need to decide what they're willing to pay for it, then not complain.  

Is there a problem with the school system in parts of Ohio? Sheesh.........................I wont wish for anti gun legislation on you but ........................... Just Dont forget how stupid you sound here!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:02:40 AM EDT
[#21]
oops dbl tap
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:19:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Va-Dinger
How is fighting on a state and federal level abandoning anyone??? Please explain. How is not selling any of my firearms abandoning anyone??? Please explain.
LoginName seems to be the only other one who gets it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:21:05 AM EDT
[#23]

Fair Market Value  =  
is the estimated amount expressed in terms of money that may reasonably be expected for
property in exchange between a willing buyer and a willing seller with equity to both, neither
acting under any compulsion to buy or sell and both fully aware of all relevant facts as of a specific date.

I'll never understand why so many here seem to dislike capitalism so much.

Price it for what you want, if someone buys it, great.  If you wanted a cheap HK, should have bought it in 88.  You want a M16 for less than a grand, should have done it before 1986.  If you were born to late, sorry.  Rejoice that you're younger than me!

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:30:47 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Fair Market Value  =  
is the estimated amount expressed in terms of money that may reasonably be expected for
property in exchange between a willing buyer and a willing seller with equity to both, neither
acting under any compulsion to buy or sell and both fully aware of all relevant facts as of a specific date.

I'll never understand why so many here seem to dislike capitalism so much.

Price it for what you want, if someone buys it, great.  If you wanted a cheap HK, should have bought it in 88.  You want a M16 for less than a grand, should have done it before 1986.  If you were born to late, sorry.  Rejoice that you're younger than me!

Just try and actually GET the "Fair Market Value" your asking. Way too many guys are offering up there prebans in fair trade deals.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:31:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Just to clarify the impact of the AWB on New Jersey - basically, there is no impact. We aren't allowed to own pre-ban guns unless they were pre-registered or we get a special dispensation from the state, which isn't happening.

Pre-band, post-ban, or no-ban, in PRNJ we can't have more than one evil feature on a detachable mag gun, and so unless someone has a thumbhole stock AR, the pistol grip is it.

However, we have a slight improvement in our lot in the magazine area. The NJ mag limit is 15 rounds, so now we can acquire 15 round mags. Um, who makes 15 rounders for ARs?

Can't even buy 'standard' capacity 17 round Glock 9mm mags.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:35:51 AM EDT
[#26]
If I had a preban, I'd trade it for a new receiver to get a New Yorker a REAL AR15.... but alas, I don't...  

Great idea, tho!  Shows the spirit of helpfulness that firearms enthusiasts all over seem to embody!  
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:08:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Funny how people quit posting when asked to explain their comments ,or asked to reread and comprehend a post!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:19:01 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Funny how people quit posting when asked to explain their comments ,or asked to reread and comprehend a post!

I quit posting because you have proven not to be worth my time. I'm truely not interested in your opinion and your certianly not going to change mine.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:26:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Yep what I thought . You can't explain it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:37:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:50:51 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Yep what I thought . You can't explain it.

Dream on!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:52:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Let's see. In general.
You paid $1200.00 for a pre-ban a couple of years ago.
Today you can buy a brand new AR with all the same features for ~$900.
If you were offered ~$900 for your pre-ban, why wouldn't you accecpt it?

Nobody is begging for you to sell your used pre-ban guns, though it would be prudent for you to do so.

All of you who are fortunate to live in the free states who would like to buy something new, why not give those who are in the slave states the first shot at them.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:01:30 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Cincinnatus
You need to learn to read and comprehend the whole post. I said I would leave this state ONLY if the law was ubarable and the battle lost.

I'm more than capable of reading and comprehending.
But I guess I'm just not up on the technical lingo of the Law...
What exactly is an "ubarable" Law?

I also stated I would NEVER abandom my counrty.
I fought for CCW in this state. I fought to keep the AWB from being renewed.
How many people in the commie states do you think fought to keep the AWB from being renewed. I dougbt very many did becouse it wouldn't help them.

Good God man, you're an illiterate ass!
I can't believe I wasted my time with this.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:01:44 PM EDT
[#34]
I'll sell my preban eagle arms to an out of stater for something fair. I paid $1300 for the M4C in a box with an eegle arms mag. It is in perfect shape and lightly used.

This is not the EE but  I would take $1000 to get it to someone in another state.

Rick C
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:06:56 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Sometimes, in a thread like this, it becomes apparent that the person at the other end of the keyboard is a dim bulb.
This is usually made clear by a combination bad grammar, lousy spelling, and poorly constructed arguments.
In this case, it is you who have hit the jackpot.
Either you're not too bright, or you're just a 12 year old.

So, it's understandable that you've been written off.
Don't take it personally, though.  If you're just a bit slow, it's not your fault.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:31:41 PM EDT
[#36]
I have a preban Bushy with letter from Bushmaster that I would sell for replacement cost plus any shipping and taxes. The upper has 14.5 m4 barrel with perm attached Phantom.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:32:22 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sometimes, in a thread like this, it becomes apparent that the person at the other end of the keyboard is a dim bulb.
This is usually made clear by a combination bad grammar, lousy spelling, and poorly constructed arguments.

Don't take it personally, though.  If you're just a bit slow, it's not your fault.

Thanks Cin.......
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:33:37 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
You know how some folks charge extra for plywood and ice in Florida, after and before a hurricane?
What do you think about those folks?

Those people are called "price gougers"....    They pay X amount of dollars for products and when demand is VERY high they raise the price 2,3 or 4x the regular price.

The following is for the anti-capitalist among us:

John buys widgits for $100 each, which he sells to the public for $179 regularly.  

When disaster hits and people are in NEED, John RAISES his price to $250 and the widgits are flying off the shelves !!  Supply is getting lower and he raises the price to $500 until he is sold out....

That IS price gouging....

If John buys widgits for the inflated price of $150 because of a federal ban on widgits.   Then the sun sets and widgits sell for $100 again.   But there are people that live in states that are governed by mean people.  These mean people ban the sell of NEW widgits in the states that they govern.

John is not an asshole because he wants to at least get EXACTLY what he paid for his widgits.  For him to get less is financially stupid...

Personally, I had to save up for awhile before I could afford my AR-15....    

When the AWB was enacted the most firearm I could afford was a SKS-M....

So quit trying to be so fuckin' noble and making others feel guilty....    doesnt matter what you say I wont feel guilty, period.

I cannot afford to take less than what I paid for my rifle....    Hell, the ban is gone and I cant buy anything right now....  

If your so damn noble and feel its not about the money AND you want to help the brothers in their occupied states.  Make up the difference!  Dip into YOUR pockets and help !  I doubt THAT will ever happen....

I wish I could just give stuff away like Oprah and Pontiac....  

I stand up and offer my time and my rifle to anyone in a slave state that wants a pre-ban, if anyone is interested then contact me.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:43:45 PM EDT
[#39]
I have a pre-ban DPMS M-4 in PERFECT condition-#9000 series serial number. . . . . . .Please e-Mail me if interested.   Comes with pre-ban DPMS black teflon mags-30 rounders.  Am willing to trade or break even.

[email protected]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:59:55 PM EDT
[#40]
HELLO, ALL  I SAID:  I HAVE A PRE-BAN DPMS M-4 THAT I WOULD BE WILLING TO SEND TO NY. . . . . . .Just give me enough to buy a new DPMS M-4.  Mine is in PERFECT shape!!!!  why don't you all quit your whining, and help these dudes out???  I paid about $1400 for mine also-but who cares now???  Help a brutha out!!!

[email protected]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:02:17 PM EDT
[#41]
  Any body from massachusets out there need a olympic reciver?  I built it into a rifle.  Now I'm thinking about getting a pistol reciver and transferring all the parts from one rifle to the pistol minus the 5.5 inch flash surpresor and the tele stock.
  and rember if you live in a swing state get out and vote or else we'll have to do this all over again.
I'm just looking to break even on the price of a new stripped lower that I can assemble into a pistol
the big debate about free market values is fine, but not for me. I just want to hook a registered republican up, if he can legally vote in NH and find out how to transfer the lower then good on yah.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:27:03 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You know how some folks charge extra for plywood and ice in Florida, after and before a hurricane?
What do you think about those folks?

Those people are called "price gougers"....    They pay X amount of dollars for products and when demand is VERY high they raise the price 2,3 or 4x the regular price.

The following is for the anti-capitalist among us:

John buys widgits for $100 each, which he sells to the public for $179 regularly.  

When disaster hits and people are in NEED, John RAISES his price to $250 and the widgits are flying off the shelves !!  Supply is getting lower and he raises the price to $500 until he is sold out....

That IS price gouging....

If John buys widgits for the inflated price of $150 because of a federal ban on widgits.   Then the sun sets and widgits sell for $100 again.   But there are people that live in states that are governed by mean people.  These mean people ban the sell of NEW widgits in the states that they govern.

John is not an asshole because he wants to at least get EXACTLY what he paid for his widgits.  For him to get less is financially stupid...

Personally, I had to save up for awhile before I could afford my AR-15....    

When the AWB was enacted the most firearm I could afford was a SKS-M....

So quit trying to be so fuckin' noble and making others feel guilty....    doesnt matter what you say I wont feel guilty, period.

I cannot afford to take less than what I paid for my rifle....    Hell, the ban is gone and I cant buy anything right now....  

If your so damn noble and feel its not about the money AND you want to help the brothers in their occupied states.  Make up the difference!  Dip into YOUR pockets and help !  I doubt THAT will ever happen....

I wish I could just give stuff away like Oprah and Pontiac....  

I stand up and offer my time and my rifle to anyone in a slave state that wants a pre-ban, if anyone is interested then contact me.

It all depends.
If your intent, when purchasing that preban, was to own a rifle in a certain configuration....
...then selling the lower, and replacing it with a new one shouldn't be a problem.
BUT, if your intention was to invest.... that's different.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:29:47 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cincinnatus, I think you have earned a place in the ARFCOM "Flame Job Hall Of Fame". This has got to be one of the greatest flame jobs I have ever read. It is purely fantastic.  My hats off to you!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:53:10 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cincinnatus, I think you have earned a place in the ARFCOM "Flame Job Hall Of Fame". This has got to be one of the greatest flame jobs I have ever read. It is purely fantastic.  My hats off to you!

+1
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:24:59 AM EDT
[#45]
Why thank you.
I am honored.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:43:40 AM EDT
[#46]
Cinn,  How the F*ck could offering my rifle for the EXACT damn price I paid for it be construed as an investment ??  How am I making a profit from this ??

And like I said:

Quoted:

I did notice you did not even touch this in your reply to me....
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:18:59 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Cinn,  How the F*ck could offering my rifle for the EXACT damn price I paid for it be construed as an investment ??  How am I making a profit from this ??

It's simple.   Is your goal to own a certain weapon, or to own a weapon that has a certain worth?
Unfortunately for you, the AW ban sunsetted, and as EVERYONE IN THE WORLD predicted, the VALUE of these weapons, formerly known as "prebans" has plummetted.
It is true, that you may be able to recoup that value, IF you sell it to a NYer for a very high price.
Or a sucker, in your state.
This is true of anything.

What is your goal?

You paid paid $1,500 for a rifle that could have certain features.
If you did this because you wanted a rifle that could have certain features, then what is the problem?

If you traded your lower for a new one, and they even threw in $200, where would you be?
Well, you'd STILL have a rifle that had those "certain features", and now you have $200, as well.
Sounds good to me.

BUT, some of us (you) apparently see this as "an opportunity" to exploit NYers unfortunate gun laws, and make a profit UNAVAILABLE TO YOU in your own state.
Like it or not, the expiration of the ban lowered the value of your rifle.
UNLESS you sell it to a NYer at a high price.
Of course if others sell their to NYers at a "reasonable" price, then the market will once again tell you that YOUR weapon's value has dropped.

It's simple.
Be satisfied that you have what you want.
Or look to NY, as a means to exploit their situation and profit.

Quoted:
I cannot afford to take less than what I paid for my rifle.... Hell, the ban is gone and I cant buy anything right now....

What does "afford" have to do with it?
You will still have the same weapon, only now you'll also have a few bucks.

If your so damn noble and feel its not about the money AND you want to help the brothers in their occupied states. Make up the difference! Dip into YOUR pockets and help ! I doubt THAT will ever happen....

It's already happened.  I sold my preban Eagle Arms lower a few months ago at a loss (compared to what I paid), but in the end, I'll still have the same weapon.  Plus some cash.  Over all, a net gain.

So quit trying to be so fuckin' noble and making others feel guilty.... doesnt matter what you say I wont feel guilty, period.

Guilt, shame, whatever.
That's on you.
You can feel however you wish.
Seeing the plight of your fellow gun-owners in NY as an opportunity to profit, is obviously not a problem for you.
For others it is repugnant.

It all depends on your perspective.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:58:22 AM EDT
[#48]
It will not take a couple of years for Bushy's to go up to $1200 per rifle. Insurance premiums are skyrocketing and Bushmaster's settle didn't help. Without the federal legislation preventing unlawful lawsuits of gun manufucturers, we will be paying $2000 per rifle plus inflation adjustments at the close of this decade.

Pre-bans will do nothing but go up in value over the trend line this decade. Sure there will be downward spikes that will not reverse the general upward trend, however.

I believe selling a pre-ban for $500 - $800 is like tarhead states is just plain stupid. It is just like selling stocks on the downside. The only reason to sell now is to resolve a current cash flow problem.

BTW, I'm the only son and have two sisters. Therefore, I have no brothers. I also hold contradictory views of socialism. I'm a firm believe in liberty, freedom, and free markets. I'm also a charitable person and actively contribute weekly to causes brought to my church. Finally, I don't respond well, if not at all, to social intimidation including that which is found in this thread.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:05:25 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
It will not take a couple of years for Bushy's to go up to $1200 per rifle. Insurance premiums are skyrocketing and Bushmaster's settle didn't help. Without the federal legislation preventing unlawful lawsuits of gun manufucturers, we will be paying $2000 per rifle plus inflation adjustments at the close of this decade.

Pre-bans will do nothing but go up in value over the trend line this decade. Sure there will be downward spikes that will not reverse the general upward trend, however.

But their "preban" status will be irrelelant. ALL weapons will increase in value.

I believe selling a pre-ban for $500 - $800 is like tarhead states is just plain stupid.

Speaking of stupid....  what the hell are you talking about?

It is just like selling stocks on the downside. The only reason to sell now is to resolve a current cash flow problem.

BTW, I'm the only son and have two sisters. Therefore, I have no brothers.

That's nice.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:28:34 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top