Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 7:18:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Casualty means wounded.  Could be a lost limb or paralysis.  Could be bomb fragments.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 7:22:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I am just glad to see that someone is on the ball enough to make sure someone is watching over these guys to ensure they are not too mean to the animals as they kill them

The mere mention that they have a group who has oversight and is watching for criminal misconduct as they attack these animals tells me that all these years later we still don't have the proper mindset.

Just simply trust our troops until they go off the reservation and don't have possible prosecution as part of the battle plan.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 7:24:01 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Casualty means wounded.  Could be a lost limb or paralysis.  Could be bomb fragments.

Could be a concussion.  Most "casualties" are not enough to get a discharge, thankfully.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 7:28:42 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I am just glad to see that someone is on the ball enough to make sure someone is watching over these guys to ensure they are not too mean to the animals as they kill them

The mere mention that they have a group who has oversight and is watching for criminal misconduct as they attack these animals tells me that all these years later we still don't have the proper mindset.

Just simply trust our troops until they go off the reservation and don't have possible prosecution as part of the battle plan.

I was waiting for someone to open there mouth.

The British have covered their troops with common law while serving abroad since the glory days of the Empire.  They have always treated insurgencies with the same car that they they treat civil disturbances in Britain with.

While they are much, much more willing to kill people, both at home and abroad, they have more rules.  It's worked for them pretty well.  They've won most of the insurgencies that they've fought, one way or another.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 7:35:56 AM EDT
[#5]
good for them
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 7:38:46 AM EDT
[#6]
oo-yah!
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 7:41:09 AM EDT
[#7]
from global security:

Sounds like a bunch of mean motherfuckers - wow: talk about the varsity team!

Task Force 145 [TF 145]

Task Force 145 is a secretive collection of the U.S. elite troops, operating under Joint Special Operations Command, which was tasked with hunting down Abu Musab al-Zarqawi.

TF 145 is comprised of elements of the Army’s 1st Special Forces Operational Detachment-Delta (better known as Delta Force), SEAL Team 6, the Army’s 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment and 75th Ranger Regiment, the Air Force’s 24th Special Tactics Squadron and Britain's Special Air Service. It is also believed that various intelligence agencies have a classified presence in TF 145 as well.

According to an April 28, 2006 Army Times article, TF 145 is headquartered at Balad Air Base and is "divided into four subordinate task forces in Iraq :

* Task Force West, organized around a SEAL Team 6 squadron with Rangers in support.
   * Task Force Central, organized around a Delta squadron with Rangers in support.
   * Task Force North, organized around a Ranger battalion combined with a small Delta element.
   * Task Force Black, organized around a British Special Air Service “saber squadron,” with British paratroopers from the Special Forces Support Group in support."

Each of these sub-teams is reported to be highly autonomous and authorized to conduct raids without higher approval. In the months prior to al-Zarqawi's death on June 7, 2006, two such raids were conducted by TF 145 in the Iraqi town of Yusufiyah. While these raids failed to apprehend al-Zarqawi, they reportedly resulted in the killing or capture of 22 of his followers and the gathering of invaluable intelligence. The raid also allegedly netted an unedited copy of an al-Zarqawi propaganda tape. The tape showed the terrorist leader fumbling with a machine gun and one of his followers subsequently grabbing the hot barrel of the gun. The tape was later widely distributed by Coalition forces as an anti-propaganda tool.

On May 2, 2006 CBS News reported that Lt. Gen. Stan McChrystal, commander of the Joint Special Operations Command, was advocating for the allocation of an infantry battalion from the 82nd Airborne to support Task Force 145's logistics. Whether this request was ever granted is unclear.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 7:42:42 AM EDT
[#8]
warm fuzzies
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 7:49:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 7:49:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 7:52:02 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/3/2008 7:52:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Half of them were killed by McNab...
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 8:46:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 8:48:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 8:58:23 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Hmm - so this begs the question... why is our Delta Force mortality rate so darn high?

It's not.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 8:59:18 AM EDT
[#16]
kill em all, kill em twice
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 9:12:15 AM EDT
[#17]
TF Black - SAS/SBS

TF Blue - DEVGRU

TF Green - 'Delta Force'

TF Orange - ISA
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 9:16:56 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I think its a bit much for them to give us all the credit, but well done to them all.

ETA: By us I mean the UK forces. Not that I'm in the SAS.

Every round on target counts...

The press is about that bad over here too...
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 9:24:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Living their motto, through and through.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 9:36:42 AM EDT
[#20]
British cowboys. Rock on SAS.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 9:54:45 AM EDT
[#21]
The Western world needs to relearn the art of ruthlessness.  The SAS seems like they haven't forgotten.  You're supposed to hunt down and kill the enemy, so many of us, at least here in the states, seem to think you're supposed to hunt them down, give them a copy of the koran, a free meal, a public defender, a court date, a million dollar book deal and a professorship at an ivy league college.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 10:03:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Thats a lot of badguys they wacked.

Link Posted: 9/3/2008 10:13:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 10:30:35 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The Western world needs to relearn the art of ruthlessness.  The SAS seems like they haven't forgotten.  You're supposed to hunt down and kill the enemy, so many of us, at least here in the states, seem to think you're supposed to hunt them down, give them a copy of the koran, a free meal, a public defender, a court date, a million dollar book deal and a professorship at an ivy league college.

The SAS have a long and storied history of sorting out oxygen thieves in a very direct and enthusiastic manner, but they are not the only ones doing so.

Everyone has friends, and those friends have friends, and those friends of friends have stories. I'll just say that I lived for a time next door to our Nation's premier pipehitters, and their birds were parked directly across the street from our house. About every other night in the wee hours my sleep was interrupted by those birds spooling up and flying out to bring hate, pain and high velocity central nervous system hammers to those in desperate need.

I have it on good authority that literally the last thing Abu Musab al Zarqawi saw before Satan's cock entered his sphincter in Hades was an American flag velcroed to a camouflage sleeve. You might say that a point was made to be sure that his dying image was of the Colors.

Yay!

Link Posted: 9/3/2008 10:41:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Truly bad ass......
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 11:21:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 11:27:57 AM EDT
[#27]
on us gents.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 5:16:29 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
TF Black - SAS/SBS

TF Blue - DEVGRU

TF Green - 'Delta Force'

TF Orange - ISA

I'm up for it

I'll be

TF Pink----- AKA Mr Pink
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 5:25:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 5:28:26 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was waiting for someone to open there mouth.

The British have covered their troops with common law while serving abroad since the glory days of the Empire.  They have always treated insurgencies with the same car that they they treat civil disturbances in Britain with.

While they are much, much more willing to kill people, both at home and abroad, they have more rules.  It's worked for them pretty well.  They've won most of the insurgencies that they've fought, one way or another.

An elegant summary of an incredibly complicated and ancient system that combines "weapons free" with accountability.
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 4:29:30 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
This doesn't strike me as anything new.
For some time there's been strong rumours of British units running around Baghdad with US uniforms (with no insignia) with American vehicles and weapons, mainly acting as QRF for the sneeky beaky hooligans while they've been going about their business of fucking up the bad guys

The concept isn't new, but the technology we are using to track them includes some new angles.

If anyone caught the 60 Minutes interview with Bob Woodward this evening, he alluded to it, and was as serious as a MF-er about its effectiveness and its impact.

He implied it is a super-secret and ongoing effort to track, capture and kill leaders of Al Qaeda in Iraq, rogue militia-men, and general despots.

We have Teams in the field as we speak making it happen.  HCMF-ers to be sure.

Link Posted: 9/7/2008 4:39:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Excellent
Link Posted: 9/7/2008 5:26:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top