User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 12:26:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Posted by FWRA over at the FAL Files...
To PvtPyle and BoomStick,

PvtPyle gets a response because he offers a solution. Other AR15.com post by newbies will be ignored if they contain no solutions. I am not interested in anyone’s personal opinions of what "will happen" when these soldiers deploy, etc.

Those types of posts will be followed by silence. If you want to debate this, please do so on your own board.
View Quote

So much for tolerating legitimate debate on this issue. Just accept some anonymous Internet claim that a mysterious and unnamable Ohio reserve unit needs our irreplaceable grandfathered AR15 magazines.

Oh...and if you question the validity of said claims, not only are you an unpatriotic sloth, but [b]you will be directly responsible[/b] for some American serviceman losing his life!   [rolleyes]  

Link Posted: 6/12/2002 12:32:30 PM EDT
[#2]
[b]UPDATE[/b]

Originally posted by BoomStick
[i]Originally posted by FWRA [/i]
To PvtPyle and BoomStick,

PvtPyle gets a response because he offers a solution. Other AR15.com post by newbies will be ignored if they contain no solutions.
View Quote

Like I said, do you want my 10rd'rs????  If you do, I will let the guys at AR15.com know that they can donate their 10rd'rs too.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 4:20:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Send a bunch of those outstanding Bushmaster 10 round mags!

If you think about it, just how are they going to keep track of the mags people send so they get them back? Ser# them as they are issued to each soldier? What if they lose the mags? Are they going to send  you the LEO/Military only marked mags as replacements? They ain't getting nothing back.

I wonder if there is SGT. Marv (what's his name? the guy with the refinishing business who ripped off all of those mags) involved.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 4:46:33 PM EDT
[#4]
[i]My reply is based off of active duty experience only ....[/i]

In the big picture, they probably don't have a need for anymore magazines than that.

All units do [u]not[/u] rate the same type/quantity of equipment.  The 101st M4's with RAS, Aimpoints, PAQ-4's, etc. that you're seeing in the news are a perfect example.  

You will not see this equipment, even the M4's (in any quantity), in a brigade headquarters signal unit.  The Army has deemed that the mission of this unit doesn't support the need for this type of equipment.

Now we're talking about a Reserve unit.  Two factors come to my mind as to why they in particular only have two magazines per weapon:

1) The unit's mission doesn't require more than two per - I doubt that the 1/187th of the 101st is being pulled out, and this Reserve unit is taking its place.

Someone in their command structure determined that based off of their mission, they only need two magazines per weapon.

2) If they do rate the basic issue of magazines per weapon (7), the unit supply section hasn't worked the system like it should, along with the higher headquarters S-4 section.

Any unit arriving in an operational area will be issued what they need to accomplish their mission, or be able to acquire it through supply channels.  

Supplies unique to that area of operations will be in-country to be given to arriving units, which keeps them from having to hassle with procuring it and bringing it themselves.

My 18 years in the Army makes it unthinkable to me that a unit (even a Reserve unit) would have to go to these means to acquire equipment.  Everyone who I work with that I've mentioned this situation to doesn't see a situation like this as plausible either.

Got a bunch of good laughs over it though.

Chris
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 10:31:23 PM EDT
[#5]
More grist for the mill... [url]www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64755[/url]

Pay particular attention to PvtPyle's posts.

Very interesting
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 6:36:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Seems the folks over there are pretty good at raising funds for all sorts of *dire circumstances*...

[url]http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=cdab0941831186121b3e599140304948&threadid=610[/url]

[url]http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2317[/url]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top