Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 5:52:58 AM EDT
[#1]
They should call it "Malt beverage with artificial apple flavoring added".

No thanks, I'd rather have actual BEER or actual Cider.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 5:54:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Never had it but I enjoy Angry Orchard with a shot of Fireball mixed in.
View Quote

Crispin > Angry Orchard
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 5:59:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Never had it but I enjoy Angry Orchard with a shot of Fireball mixed in.
View Quote

my bartender had me try this a few weeks ago when they got angry orchard in on tap. it was good i like how it actually take some of the sweetness away from just Angry Orchard allown.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 1:42:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Is apple cider/ale a hipster thing? I got introduced to Angry Orchard by a friend with celiac.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is this the thread where hipsters out themselves?  

Is apple cider/ale a hipster thing? I got introduced to Angry Orchard by a friend with celiac.

I'm gonna try a 6 pack of Angry Orchard tonight.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 1:45:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Yep I like to ad a shot of apple 99    
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 1:47:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I want to try the Strawberry.

In before "real beer" commentary.
View Quote

Strawberry is great! Smooth and tasty. Great just for refreshment]
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 1:49:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 2:07:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Am I drinking alcohol? Tastes like apple juice.
View Quote

Almost exactly what I said last night.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 2:25:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 2:29:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Why not eat an apple, then drink a beer?  Probably more healthy.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 2:34:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Tried the apple, meh. Tried the strawberry, oh yeah!
Just me.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 4:01:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Am I drinking alcohol? Tastes like apple juice.
View Quote

Like a fuzzy navel, or white wine spritzer, its for girls.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 4:09:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll give it a try too, but not going out in this minus 6,456 degrees below zero.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 4:19:53 PM EDT
[#14]
you guys should try an appletini, they are delish! i cant even taste the alcohol
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 4:42:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Reds Apple Ale is like making the sex in my mouth
View Quote

Not quite but close.
My evening beverage, a couple of Redds
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 4:46:57 PM EDT
[#16]
COMING OUT THREAD.

So happy for all of you.

Link Posted: 1/24/2014 4:47:05 PM EDT
[#17]
I like the strawberry..
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 4:54:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I've had redds.

Now I kinda wanna make sex in your mouth to see how it compares
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Reds Apple Ale is like making the sex in my mouth

I've had redds.

Now I kinda wanna make sex in your mouth to see how it compares

So fucking predictable
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 5:07:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Be careful with that stuff. Drinking that at buffalo wild wings and then drinking on the way home can and will lead to a very expensive night at the strip club
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 8:37:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I'll give it a try too, but not going out in this minus 6,456 degrees below zero.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Angry Orchard crisp apple is pretty fuckin good.
 I like it and Redds Apple Ale about equally.
XCR's recent pic of her with Redds makes me want it more though.  Lots, lots more.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 8:44:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 8:46:53 PM EDT
[#22]
It is tasty and Gluten free but full of Carbs and calories. if you don't give a shit about that stuff drink up
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 8:50:42 PM EDT
[#23]
I do enjoy the shit out of those little bastards but I can usually only drink about 4 of them in a short period or time, something about the sweetness starts to get to me, weird taste after a while but if I switch to something else for an hour or so, I'm usually good to go.

These are scary on a very hot summer day because they go down so damn easy, but it will make you forgive your car you just spent an hour cursing at while you were working on it
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:14:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I want to try the Strawberry.

In before "real beer" commentary.
View Quote

While the Apple is good on occasion for a change the Strawberry is complete shit.  The apple at least tastes like cider.  The strawberry just tastes fake.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:17:33 AM EDT
[#25]
If you are really into hard cider like I am a really good one is Crispin.  It comes in a 4 pack....somewhat hard to find.  Once in a while the local Wal-Mart has it.  Put them in the freezer for about a hour and drink..... delicious.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 1:15:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I just figured it was a metro sexual/hipster/chick piece of crap wanna be drink that fags like.

Therefore I've never even thought about trying it, because I am not any of those things.
View Quote

The reason I started drinking hard cider is that I can't stand most alcohol products, especially beer.  One time I took a tour of the Bud plant in Ft Collins and the tour guide mentioned that people who don't like beer don't like it because of the hops.  So we went down to the tasting room I checked with the servers and they had Smirnoff Silver that didn't have hops.  So I gave that a try and that was the first thing I was able to drink with alcohol in it.  I then found out about hard ciders and I drink them occasionally.  Odd thing is I'm not drinking it to get drunk or buzzed, just the taste.  The local grocery stores have 3.2 Redds apple ale and I actually like it over the regular.  

I know I'm weird, but this is GD....
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 1:43:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Red's Apple Ale is crappy with no real apple taste.   If that's your sort of thing, Angry Orchard is what you want.

Either Crisp Apple or Green Apple is what you want.  Their other flavors (Ginger, Elderflower, and Cinnamon) are shitty.
Trust me on this; I keep about a case or two on hand in my man-cave for when pansy non-beer drinkers are present.  LOL

Just kidding though---they do taste pretty good.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 1:48:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Red's Apple Ale is crappy with no real apple taste.   If that's your sort of thing, Angry Orchard is what you want.

Either Crisp Apple or Green Apple is what you want.  Their other flavors (Ginger, Elderflower, and Cinnamon) are shitty.
Trust me on this; I keep about a case or two on hand in my man-cave for when pansy non-beer drinkers are present.  LOL

Just kidding though---they do taste pretty good.
View Quote

I tried Angry Orchard, but didn't like it (can't recall which one).  Redds is fine with me and I'm trying Stella Artois.  It tastes the same as Redds, but for the price there's only 4 bottles in the pack.  There are several cideries in Ft Collins that I need to go and check out.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 12:24:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I tried Angry Orchard, but didn't like it (can't recall which one).  Redds is fine with me and I'm trying Stella Artois.  It tastes the same as Redds, but for the price there's only 4 bottles in the pack.  There are several cideries in Ft Collins that I need to go and check out.
View Quote

Wait, so a Euro beer with HOPS in it tastes the same as malt liquor with artificial apple flavoring added? Honestly if you live in Ft Collins there is very little reason to drink either.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 12:26:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Vomit.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 4:08:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

The reason I started drinking hard cider is that I can't stand most alcohol products, especially beer.  One time I took a tour of the Bud plant in Ft Collins and the tour guide mentioned that people who don't like beer don't like it because of the hops.  So we went down to the tasting room I checked with the servers and they had Smirnoff Silver that didn't have hops.  So I gave that a try and that was the first thing I was able to drink with alcohol in it.  I then found out about hard ciders and I drink them occasionally.  Odd thing is I'm not drinking it to get drunk or buzzed, just the taste.  The local grocery stores have 3.2 Redds apple ale and I actually like it over the regular.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just figured it was a metro sexual/hipster/chick piece of crap wanna be drink that fags like.

Therefore I've never even thought about trying it, because I am not any of those things.

What the difference between cider and hard cider? why not just dump some vodka into apple juice? Seems more like a chick drink to me really.  Whatever to each his own.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 4:09:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Redd's is pretty good on tap. Still gives me the squirts though.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top