Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:38:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I just watched the PBS series "Civil War" on DVD. It was very, very interesting.

Slavery did not become the central issue in the civil war until half way through. People tend to forget that the South was tired of the TAXES, the REGULATIONS, the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT. Yes, the South was WRONG on slavery. However, they were constitutionally correct in all other matters.

People here on ARFCOM also forget that the North won the war and therefore a strong FEDERAL government, constitutional or not, is in place. The North victory is the reason the federal government has such power.

Today, most manufacturing is moving away from the North and into more friendly area's like the south and West. Hmmmm.

So, why are Southerners still mad. Because the constitutionally protected "states rights" don't exist. I don't blame them, they are correct. And, I'll bet a dollar most on ARFCOM would side with the Southern "states rights" ideals vs. the Federalists in principal. Especially when thinking about the BATFE.

Oh yeah, where do I get that bumper sticker?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:56:09 AM EDT
[#2]
epic stupidty
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top