User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 3:18:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
$1,900 for a 4 MOA rifle, nope.
View Quote

The Tavor SAR will shoot 1-1.5 MOA with match ammo some have even reported sub moa... Now the X95 does appear to have stringing issues but the X95 is a different rife than the Tavor SAR

EDIT: Also they are quite a bit cheaper than $1900 .... The SARs are in then $1599-$1660 range .... Even cheaper if you look around
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 3:18:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I kind of want one too. I've also got my eye on a Bren. If the HPA passes, the SBR bren with a perm attached suppressor would be nice.
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 3:31:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I have an x95, I don't mind the trigger.

Pros.

short, about 1" longer then my 7.5" sbr with 16.5" velocity
even though heavy it balances well. recoil is easy to absorb and quick to make rapid shots..
reliable thus far, easy to clean.
BUIS are awesome, built into rail.
mag release where expected.
bolt release in a great spot. once you get used to putting magazines there its easy to send the bolt home
rails under factory rail covers are awesome.
best owners manual ever to come with a gun. I'm serious.

Cons.
Trigger isn't great, it isn't as bad as some say the weight of pull isn't horrible (my ALG with wolf extra power spring is heavier) the worst part of it is the long travel and spongy break. mostly its easy to get out of sync when shooting rapidly.
It isn't the most accurate rifle ever made.. not AK bad but not great.
It is gassy. its more gassy without a suppressor then my 11.5 sbr is with one.  wish the 5.56 had a factory adjustable gas block. I haven't run my suppressed yet.

Overall I like it. I have a few AR's and wanted something different.
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 3:34:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Have a SAR and an X95. Great guns. I've barely shot my AR's since getting a Tavor, and i've got some high end AR's (LaRue, BCM, ect). They handle well. Reload just as fast if not faster than an AR. Compact. Extremely reliable. Little gassy when suppressed? Yes, but a cheap aftermarket port cover solves the issue. Good aftermarket support. X95 trigger is good, stock SAR trigger kinda sucks. It's very heavy, but breaks crisp and works fine. People telling you the original trigger makes their hand hurt, ect are being wimps, honestly. But if it bothers you, multiple companies make aftermarket trigger packs that make the gun even better. I get between 1-2moa out of my SAR, X95 is between 2-3. Never a single failed round on either of them.
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 3:49:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I sorta want one, but I have too many other irons in the fire.
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 3:49:56 PM EDT
[#6]
The AUG is better in every way.
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 3:53:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I like mine but it was a gift so I paid nothing for mine.

For the price I am not sure I would spend it on this. But its cool and like it.
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 4:00:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I have an X95.

It's an expensive rifle that shoots 5.56 without the accuracy or trigger of AR15s in that price range. That's why I don't compare it to an AR as I'm an American and don't have to justify my purchases.

But I love mine. I wanted something different and it fits the bill. It is well balanced, very compact. I took it out deer hunting in the dense northern MN woods and it was a dream compared to my 30,06 bolt action. It fits in a small discreet case and I take it with me whenever I leave the house.

Trigger doesn't bother me. It's no match trigger but all my ARs have mil spec triggers. I'm never bothered by triggers then again. I just learn to use them.

Firing it fast and accurately is stupid easy as your support hand is close to the muzzle like the c clamp grip.

On 200 yards, at my slightly smaller man size steel target I'm very easily able to hit the chest and head with an Aimpoint Comp3. That's 6-8 inches. It is accurate enough for me but I never shot it for groups.

I put hundreds of rounds of Tula, Wolf, M193, M855 without issue. It eats everything.

Pick one up and fire it. You'll like it or you wont. I haven't had anyone not like mine. You'll buy it because you want one. I think there's more to life than an AR15 and Glock 19.
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 4:08:29 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a Tavor and an AUG and I say get a Scorpion Evo Carbine. Thing is awesome!
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 4:11:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Everytime someone ask about something different the answer is AR. Get it because it isn't an AR. We need new development or there will be nothing but AR's and Glock 19's.  Like a world where every woman is Lady Gaga. Dress it anyway you want, it's still Gaga.
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 4:16:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

My Tavor shoots about 2.5 consistently with heavier grain quality ammo. This is rested on a range bag with a 3X scope. I'm sure it would do better in a more controlled setup.

I really like mine, but more for the sake of having a Tavor. I'm not going to sell mine, but if I were doing it over again I'd be seriously eying an RDB for the weight/cost savings and better trigger (though I upgraded mine to the Geissele)
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 4:29:57 PM EDT
[#12]
FYI, PSA has a weekend sale on the X95, after the coupon code "TAVOR", it comes out to $1599.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/iwi-tavor-x95-16-5-56-nato-rifle-flat-dark-earth-xfd16.html
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 5:09:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

My biggest gripe with the AUG is the funky thread pitch(in the USA at least) 13x1 ..... I run everything suppressed and this turns me away as I can't just pop a silencerco brake on it
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 5:23:51 PM EDT
[#14]
I've never shot a bullpup, but I've handled Tavors and AUGs.

Just on "feel", I would get an AUG.

In fact, I'd love to get an AUG.
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 5:27:11 PM EDT
[#15]
My brother has one with a Geissele trigger and its perfect.
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 5:29:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I panic bought one 1 1/2 weeks before the election.  Actually it was just really an excuse to buy it but it is officially my MAGA gun now.   I shot my friends Gen1 and really like it.   The X95 trigger is 10x better than the Gen1.   The new position of the mag release is really nice.   I need to put my flash hider/qd for my Saker on it to test it with that.  I have heard its hit and miss with getting a face full of gas with a can.  I will probably end up getting the sealed left cover.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I want an X95 in the worst way.

I panic bought one 1 1/2 weeks before the election.  Actually it was just really an excuse to buy it but it is officially my MAGA gun now.   I shot my friends Gen1 and really like it.   The X95 trigger is 10x better than the Gen1.   The new position of the mag release is really nice.   I need to put my flash hider/qd for my Saker on it to test it with that.  I have heard its hit and miss with getting a face full of gas with a can.  I will probably end up getting the sealed left cover.

You are not helping!
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 5:38:36 PM EDT
[#17]
The X95 is great, balance is excellent, easy one handed shooting.   Love that it has the rotating safety and not the push through.   Takes AR mags, holds bolt back when mag empty.    No complaint on the trigger either.   Built in BUIS and railed forend.   Built in QD swivels.  Easy maintenance.  

When I go to the range the only bullpups I see being shot are X95's and Tavor SAR's.  No one has had any complaints about them not working.
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 6:06:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You are not helping!
View Quote

hows this.

(they're lined up at the butt even if it doesn't look like it, extra length is on barrel side)
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 6:07:39 PM EDT
[#19]
i'll sell you mine, it's new and only dropped once.
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 6:36:43 PM EDT
[#20]
People say they are heavy but my 4-5" 100lb wife has no problem handling hers. The trigger do suck but we replaced it with geissele parts an the trigger is awesome now.
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 6:48:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
People say they are heavy but my 4-5" 100lb wife has no problem handling hers. The trigger do suck but we replaced it with geissele parts an the trigger is awesome now.
View Quote

4-5"... You're married to a midget, whats that like?
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 7:01:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Attachment Attached File

14.5" barrel AR and 7.7" barrel Scorpion 
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 7:01:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 7:05:04 PM EDT
[#24]
I don't get the weight complaints either. My wife is small (complains about lifting most of the guns I own) and has no problems with a Tavor. Some of you guys need to hit the gym.
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 7:05:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
bought an x95 a few months ago. i LOVE IT.

trigger is on par with a stock ar15 trigger and i don't get the weight complaints. mine is actually lighter than my sbr. my only  gripe is it really does not suppress very well.
View Quote

Damn, wanted to park one of my Surefire SOCOM's on one if I grabbed it.  That sucks.
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 7:08:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I know theyre a little heavy, but any other negatives with them?

Reliability? Parts availability?

No experience with them at all....just really want one in 5.56.
View Quote

If you want one you should get one... besides...It's Christmas Time
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 7:14:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 7:16:48 PM EDT
[#28]
She is cute an she loves 1911's what more could I ask for?

Link Posted: 12/10/2016 7:18:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Damn, wanted to park one of my Surefire SOCOM's on one if I grabbed it.  That sucks.
View Quote

Doesn't suppress BAD. Just a bit gassy. Does fine with my SDN-6.
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 7:39:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Just get yourself an AUG and duct tape a bagel to it.

Sorry, had to do it.
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 7:56:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

My biggest gripe with the AUG is the funky thread pitch(in the USA at least) 13x1 ..... I run everything suppressed and this turns me away as I can't just pop a silencerco brake on it
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/10/2016 7:59:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh I forgot to mention earlier that there is one big negative about the Tavor...
It's not an AUG
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 8:03:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Just get yourself an AUG and duct tape a bagel to it. Sorry, had to do it.
View Quote

What a stupid comment...
Anyone with even the smallest amount of training and experience on the AUG would NEVER use such an ignorant term as bagel...
Everyone knows it's a doughnut.

Link Posted: 12/10/2016 8:07:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 8:07:24 PM EDT
[#35]

I bought one because I just had to have one.  Haven't really shot it much though.  I don't regret buying it, but at the same time probably wouldn't have looking back.  If you are financially well off enough where $1600 won't hurt then I say do it.  If that's a big chunk of change for you then I would hold off.

Link Posted: 12/10/2016 8:11:05 PM EDT
[#36]
My nephew has one. I don't like bullpups but his has never had a misfeed and is accurate to 200+ meters. We get together every year for Thanksgiving and it has worked flawlessly with any mag you put in it three years running. He has only shot it with me the last three years and I don't think he has even cleaned it.
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 8:12:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Is there a model that accepts all PMAGs or is it still that EMAG biz?
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 8:46:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Is there a model that accepts all PMAGs or is it still that EMAG biz?
View Quote

There is a NATO stock AUG that will take whatever regular stanag mags you would like.
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 8:49:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

There is a NATO stock AUG that will take whatever regular stanag mags you would like.
View Quote

Just don't be left handed.
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 8:51:37 PM EDT
[#40]
and don't be in love with the bolt release lol should have mentioned that too.
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 9:11:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Still doesn't do anything for my silencerco suppressors ..... At least SF has something for the AUG but most SF cans are overpriced and have underwhelming performance

I still like the AUG ....Just wish they would put standard 1/2x28 on it
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 9:17:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I also have a Tavor and the SDN6

This helps a LOT!
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 9:18:14 PM EDT
[#43]
I love mine. Most of what I would say has been said already. I can get 1.5-2.5" consistently with it with Hornady 55gr fmjbt  a 1-4x scope, would do much better but the center dot is huge, it's the Burris MTAC CQB reticle. With xm193 it's 2.5-4" with an occasional flyer stretching that out. With a 10x scope with a thin crosshair it would cut that down. How far it would cut it is up in the air. I do know at 50 yards using one of the third smallest dot cuts the groups in about half. These are 5 shots, not three, but not 10 either.

Where it excels is it's really fast on target, and it's inherently accurate in that role.

My best friend is a combat vet , 82AB, 2/504 from 2001-2008, so I of course wanted to get his opinion on handling. He loved it, though he said an Aimpoint would be better than a scope for him. He did a few drills with mag changes, using the back of his firing hand to hit the lever to drop the mag, and said to him it already felt faster than the M4.

He also "cleared" my house a couple of times( quotation as no shots fired ). He said the first time through was a little awkward, mostly the eye relief and how low the scope sits, but the second time he'd figured it out and thought it was better than the M4, especially switching from right handed to left handed, and thought it was easier to move around with.

After that, we set a few targets out at the woods, and he engaged them , live fire, coming out of the house, going to the carport, and moving from there to a ree and then a barrel, to basically shoot around and under objects, right and left handed.

He fell in love with it. He's always wanted an AUG, still Jonesin for one. He and I both have been wanting an AUG since they came out. We used to work for my dad at his furniture store, and he'd pay us in a combination of .22lr ammo and cash. We'd go to the Western Auto next door ( late 70s, we were 10-11 ), and Mr. Nelson would let us get the ammo we wanted and daddy would walk over and pay and back then sign for it. Then we'd go across the street to an old timey drug store, soda fountain and ice cream with a teenage hottie running that part ( Lisa ), and we'd get whatever and go look at the magazines. We got the usual metal mags, the Cracked and all that, and the horror mags, and then the gun mags. They had one with all the new "assault rifles " from around the world, special edition. Hell it had some color pics in there too, and one of them was the Steyr Aug, freakin space age gun - to us. Both of us have wanted one since that day. He did get to shoot an AUG in Afghanistan if I remember right, could have been Iraq but I really think it was Afghanistan. I haven't shot one, and was between this and the AUG when I bought it. I just go a good deal on this. Palmetto had an AUG M1 ( I think, it was the newest one with the rails and all that ) that I really liked, but It was a good bit more. My normal dealer got me the Tavor for $270 less than Palmetto had the same Tavor for, and that was out the door, busting bugs, and the Aug was $115 higher.

I do plan to buy an AUG at some point, maybe a few years from now. Maybe in a few months, depends on how my probate and the estate stuff works out. Got to fix the house up some, new furnace, two bathroom remodels, and a few other things, then maybe if there's room there I'll get an AUG.

Like Arfcom says, get both.
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 11:36:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 12:04:33 AM EDT
[#45]
When the factory 300 Blackout version starts hitting the street I'm going to be very tempted.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 1:23:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

you can silicon the factory cover for about 3.00 and it works just as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I also have a Tavor and the SDN6

This helps a LOT!

you can silicon the factory cover for about 3.00 and it works just as well.

True... but I actually really like the mounting point for a sling too.  
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 1:22:04 AM EDT
[#47]
Why do the x95s have accuracy issues?
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 1:36:45 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Only funny because the DOD acceptance standard for the M-4 is 4 MOA.

Most people couldn't shoot a 4 MOA group with a red dot or similar to save their life.  

Link Posted: 12/12/2016 9:34:49 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 9:49:29 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wrong and wrong.

Both of mine were 1550 out the door, and the one I've used to shoot for groups printed 2MOA with federal GMM. If you're talking about groups with XM193, then that's hardly the gun's fault that it shoots wider groups.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top