BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:44:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:48:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Ted Kennedy murdered a young woman and he's walking the streets.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:56:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Man, this guy was one of my heroes when I was a kid. When I played with F-4 toys as a little Ralph, it him and Driscoll's plane over NVA. When I got into flight simulators, same thing.

*sigh* It's just hard to wrap your head around such things. He was supposed to be better than this.

"There are men in this courtroom who are walking around and breathing because Duke Cunningham put his life at risk," Blalack said "There is no doubt that all of the good that he did in those many years will be washed away."

I wish his lawyer hadn't brought that up. That doesn't make him look better, it makes him look worse.  All that good meant he was supposed to be above such dishonorable behavior.

GunLvrPHD, we expect that kind of behavior from Teddy. We expected a better standard from Duke. Kennedy's always been a backstabbing piece of shit. Duke was once something better.

This is one thing I like about the old Japanese system (despite them killing an uncle of mine). At least then he'd a)have a chance to redeem himself and b)we'd know he was really sorry.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:45:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Absolutely sickening how this once honorable and brave warrior turned into a shameful degenerate criminal.

Our of shear curiosity, I wonder what Willy Driscoll has to say about all this.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:10:42 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Imagine, he splashed the "Showtime 100" F-4 into the Gulf of Tonkin & just avoided capture. If he had put 8 years in Hanoi & learned some needed humility, it would be saving him some agony today. What a twist of fate.

Didn't teach McCain anything. Or if it did, it didn't stick was he got into office.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:30:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Truly Sad Story at least he findly told the truth, dosen't make it right but I'am glad he did, He was one of my boyhood Hero's
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:58:22 AM EDT
[#7]
I in some ways idolized Duke not too many years ago.  He even spoke at my older brother's Eagle Court of Honor.  I haven't been able to be pissed about this, betrayed though I feel, I'm just bloody dissapointed in the man.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:54:13 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The only suitable sentence for tyrant is death, this is an insult.

I think the penalty for bribery ought to be life in prison or death. But the Chinese have been implementing that penalty for centuries and they still have corruption like you wouldn't believe.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:24:16 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
GunLvrPHD, we expect that kind of behavior from Teddy. We expected a better standard from Duke. Kennedy's always been a backstabbing piece of shit. Duke was once something better.

I know.  We also expect the press to beat up on Cunningham, but not Kennedy.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top