User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 1:02:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 1:14:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
This is just plain dumb, a solution in search of a problem. ETH got it right. When we let the politically correct crowd define our weapons (jeez, and SOME supposedly pro-gun people even have a problem with the word "weapon")... all is for naught.
View Quote

When I took the NRA qualification course to teach pistol that is exactly what they said... The NRA does not like the term "weapon."  
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 1:15:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Only if we have to also stop calling all paper copies "xeroxes"...
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 1:32:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Cool! Nothing like a good 'ol fashion lynching!
[img]http://www.plauder-smilies.de/rough/hanged.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 1:32:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I was at the rifle range Sunday and while talking to two LEOs I refered to my rifle as a Bushmaster XM15 and they said "a what?". So I said a postban AR15 and they're like "oh ok". This is a pointless thread, if your in a serious conversation with another AR15 owner he/she will usually refer to their rifle by it's type so you'll know what the hell your talking about and the conversation can go somewhere, but to anyone else it'll always be an AR15. You call yours whatever you want I'm gonna keep calling mine an AR15 and I think I'll keep calling the MP40 a Schmeisser just for the sheer hell of it.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 1:41:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
ARs were banned in 1994, guys. That's why Colts calls it's guns Match Targets and Bushy XM-15s. Not AR-15s.
View Quote

Just because Colt rolled under political pressure and made a meaningless name change doesn't mean I'm going to follow suit.  In my book, if it can't fire in full auto or burst mode, it isn't an assualt rifle anyway, regardless of what the legislative airheads say.  It's an AR-15.  Period.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 1:45:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Ok, Mr. smartypants, tell me what I have then...

I have a Colt AR-15 LEO Carbine with all the Evil features.

It was created in the same Post Ban factory as everyone elses POST BAN AR-15, not some dwarven forge in Mount Thunder.  

It just has the EVIL features.  

So what do I have?

Bite Me.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 1:52:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Me and my post-ban, .223 caliber ballistic projectile acceleration device wish to thank you for your insightful correction.

Link Posted: 7/23/2002 1:55:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I don't care what some soccer Beeotch calls my rifle, or how she votes, I draw the line here.
View Quote

Damn straight.  This is a free country (or at least it used to be), and I'll call a Bushmaster XM-1523postban223 whatever an AR15 if I feel it right to do so.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 1:58:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Me and my post-ban, .223 caliber ballistic projectile acceleration device wish to thank you for your insightful correction.

View Quote

Lol!!! Clever, very clever.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 2:00:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Think about this!!
That's why Colts calls it's guns Match Targets and Bushy XM-15s. Not AR-15s.
CRC
View Quote
Bushy calls theirs XM-15s because Colt owns the rights to the name 'AR-15'.  Think about that!!!!!!!!!!!

This guy has 77 posts and is telling us all what to call our rifles!!![shock]
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 2:03:45 PM EDT
[#12]
My point boils down to this: call it an ar-15 have it banned in 2004. Call it a target/sportinf rifle and have it around until the UN comes to get them. You're choice. Gun owners don't vote in as large as numbers are non-gunners. Sad but true. I vote but most other gunners I know don't and won't. CRC

Link Posted: 7/23/2002 2:11:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
POSTBANS are AR15s.  When they make Postbans with fixed 10rd mags I will call it a target rifle.  A ASSAULT RIFLE has "evil features"

Evil Features Include

Telestock
Flash Suppressor
Bay Lug
High Cap Magazine
Short Barrels

Postban or not the AR15 is still like, is, and close too a M16(varient). MILITARISTIC

Who pissed in your cherrios today?
View Quote
If you are saying that an AR15 is an 'assault rifle', you are wrong.  It must be capable of select fire mode and the only AR15s to fit that were the very early ones before they were adopted as the M16.

A preban is no more an assault rifle than a postban.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 2:11:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Technically, the only guns we should call AR15s are Colts. They own the trademark.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 2:12:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
My point boils down to this: call it an ar-15 have it banned in 2004. Call it a target/sportinf rifle and have it around until the UN comes to get them. You're choice. Gun owners don't vote in as large as numbers are non-gunners. Sad but true. I vote but most other gunners I know don't and won't. CRC

View Quote

You're way off.  I think that to continue calling it an AR15 would be to say, "you didn't deem it ban-worthy in 1994, so what makes it special now?"  They had their chance, they had their day, I don't think they have the manpower or resources to BAN them.  They knew this when they grandfathered the guns in during their 94 ban.  

They will not kill a multi-million dollar national industry because the gun looks evil.  The politicians will seal their fate with a move like that.  

Think about your bass ackwards argument also. If we CALL it something, then they will turn a blind eye!?!?!  What fucking logic.  Lets defend our position and our firearms, not pussyfoot on what its called.  If you think that the AR15 doesn't exist, then why was the AR15 industry left pretty much untouched after 1994?  Because they wouldn't and couldn't kill it.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 2:13:18 PM EDT
[#16]
I love my POSTBAN AR15.  [Dr.Evil] I shall call it, mini-castrated-M16A2 [/Dr.Evil]

Link Posted: 7/23/2002 2:15:14 PM EDT
[#17]
It looks like a duck........
Quacks likea duck........
It's a militarisictargetstylerifle!?
I love my POST BAN AR-15 RIFLE!
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 2:16:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Technically, the only guns we should call AR15s are Colts. They own the trademark.
View Quote
Don't forget the early prototype ARMALITE AR15s.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 2:19:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Hey CRC, why don't you quit licking my BALLSAC!!

Like I said, LICK MY SAC.
View Quote

Why should I let him lick me?
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 2:21:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's not the name that's going to get it banned further and it's not the name that got it banned in the first place.  It's the fact that it propels a projectile that the airheads don't like.  Anything that resembles a gun is "fair" game for airheads.  Heck, even super soakers have been banned in places.  I have no intention of playing symantics like the anti-gun weenies do.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 2:25:30 PM EDT
[#21]
I too love my [size=6]POSTBAN AR-15![/size=6]

[whacko]
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 2:29:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
View Quote

i am pretty sure the guy standing at the end of your barrel isnt gonna say, "wwaaaaaaaiiiiiiiit  you cant technically shoot me unless thats a COLT or ARMALITE."  all the AR15s made by anyone has the same purpose.  that is to shoot.  generally speaking they look the same and operate the same. (generally)  the point is, who the hell cares about technicalities?  just call it an AR15.  if you dont like that, dont try to runin it for everyone else cuz your just gonna sound like a @$$ hole!.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 2:30:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Correct, I'm not forgetting them at all. But considering that the likelihood of any of us owning one is ZERO, I did't think it needed mentioning.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 2:32:26 PM EDT
[#24]
no offence  CRC, but with 82 posts......dont talk about crap.  wait till you get aleast 1000 like i did [;D]
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 2:36:42 PM EDT
[#25]
I dont't care what you call it. As long as I can go to bed with my second ammendment rights intact I am comfortable.

Names change as fast as the political wind.

You can call it Lollipop if it makes you happy..

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/Grock%2FCutout%25201%2Ejpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 2:44:03 PM EDT
[#26]
If I have to have it registered with the Caliban as an "assault weapon" I'll call it any thing I damn well please.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 2:50:23 PM EDT
[#27]
At least we finally have conclusive proof that CRC is NOT the sharpest tool in the shed.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 2:56:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

let'em try to ban them!  let 'em come and take my AR15 ONE BULLET AT A TIME!  

besides people are smart enough to figure out that a name difference doesnt matter.  if they intend to ban them, they will do so no matter what name it gets.  and if they are gonna ban it, let them ban it for what it really is! and let them try!
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 3:06:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've said this before and I'll say it again...

The guys who want to ban your rifle don't care a wit about what it's name is. Call it an AR-15, a XM15E2S, a 6700 target, or wynonna, they still want it banned. When they introduce the legislation to do this, they will name every varient of the AR as they can find and put in a clause that basically states that if looks and operates like a 'real' AR-15, then it is to be banned also. You only have to look at exsisting laws to see all the proof of this that you should require.

The antis want your firearms. Period. Not just cirten firearms, all of them. Pointless arguements about what is and is not an AR-15 only serves to distract us from the real issues...
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 3:36:18 PM EDT
[#30]
I do see CDC's point in explaining to anti's that it operates just like any other autoloader.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 4:09:43 PM EDT
[#31]
CRC,

In a country where freedom of speech is honored and defended  (GOD BLESS AMERICA) I respect your position and understand what you are saying.  The issue is semantics.  Calling a weapon an AR15 vs. XM15 will raise a flag to the anti-gun individuals in this country.   Whether or not they look at his forum or not, does not matter.  If the anti-gun people think the laws are incorrect they will eventually turn this country into England.  The government will confiscate all weapons and destroy them if enough people believe it is correct.  I guarantee that a sobbing mother holding the lifeless body of her little girl killed by a stray round fired at a helicopter from an "Assault Weapon" by some idiot in a community will gather more support than a web posting of somebody who can only say "have a hot cup of shut the **** up".  Me I refer to all of my recreation devices as LRDS (Long Range Death Stick).  Kind of like the W88 Nuclear weapon as a parking lot paving device (PLPD).  This is my opinion and mine alone.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 4:22:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Well, since that idiot took a shot at a helicopter, our beloved AR is back in the news:

[url]http://www.onlineathens.com/stories/072002/new_20020720060.shtml[/url]

Anyone care to point out all the fallacies and logical errors in this article?  They are magnificent in their grandeur.  

I especially like the part about how this rifle is a problem being that it was found at three crimes scenes in three years! LOFL!

And of course there is this bs:
"Langley said gun manufacturers "have obeyed the letter of the (1994) law, but not the spirit."

Now when did laws get a "spirit" and who gets to decide what the "spirit" is?  That's totally absurd!  The '94 ban violates the "spirit" of our goddamn constitution, but I guess that's something that never occurred to Mr. Langley.  His great hope was that this law would be enforced far more strictly and stringently, chilling the manufacture of all semi-auto rifles, apparrently.  What a sorry excuse for a human being he must be to be so screwed in the head like that!

And let's face another thing:  In that story, two of the crimes invovled drugs and drug prohibition, which makes it a non-crime as far as I'm concerned.  

"But Kilpatrick allows this: the .223-caliber round fired by the AR-15 is ''devastating,"

OH yeah, but a .308 is any less so?  Or any center-fire rifle utilizing a bottle-necked cartridge for that matter?
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 4:32:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
bite me and my post-ban AR-15's
View Quote

I just spit spring water all over my keyboard and monitor,Thanks [:D]
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 4:38:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Hey,

I think we should paint all of our guns pink, then they will look almost harmless.

Flower holders and friendship beads could also adorn them, but that might be taking it too far.
View Quote

It's not an AR but the guy will do any color you want on any rifle,LOL
[img]http://www.nouglyguns.com/aa3.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 4:53:21 PM EDT
[#35]
CRC, this has got to be the most pointless and assenine defense to our 2nd amendment rights I have ever heard.

And for even bringing forth such a ridiculous idea, you are a jackass and a coward.

You can try to confuse the anti-gunners by refering to AR15's as whatever the hell you want. But it's a cowardly and weak thing to do. By that I mean, stand up and be a man about it. By hiding your guns behind some thinly vieled catch phrase, you are doing more harm than good. And they will see right through it. It's trying to win a battle from a postition of appeasement. It hasn't worked so far. Why will it suddenly work now?  

They will ban our guns no matter what we call them. Are you so stupid you haven't figured that out yet?  

Link Posted: 7/23/2002 5:01:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
You can call yours whatever you want... I prefer to call mine a [b]Sport Utility Rifle[/b]
View Quote

[size=4][b][i]BWAAAAH HAAAH HAHA HAAAHHHAAAAAHAAAAAAAA[/size=4][/b][/i]
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 5:35:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Calling me a "jackass and coward" is pretty strong language. I guess if you say something unpopular on this board you deserve to be called every name in the book. So much for civility. As gun owners we should respect each others opinions and band together. Going around calling every other gun owner a bad name isn't helping anything. I didn't call any of you anything and I'm not going to. I'm not that kind of person and I respect all ya'lls opinions to cuss me out and want to kill me.

CRC
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 5:42:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
[img]http://home.attbi.com/~ColonelKlink/stuff/cup_of_what.gif[/img]
View Quote

My thoughts exactly!
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 5:52:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey,

I think we should paint all of our guns pink, then they will look almost harmless.

Flower holders and friendship beads could also adorn them, but that might be taking it too far.
View Quote

Memo To DevilsAdvocate:

When you are finished doing yours up in this scheme, be sure and post pics so your buds at AR15.com can see the results.

I can't wait...  [img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/lol.gif[/img]
View Quote

Ok, here ya go...

[img]members.aol.com/ericsorenson/pinkie.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 6:17:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 6:42:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Amazing....they say a man can become an island.

AR-15 gun owner...any questions?
[b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 7:34:53 PM EDT
[#42]
I have a BSDR-15.

[b]B[/b]lack

[b]S[/b]urgical

[b]D[/b]eath

[b]R[/b]ay

Is that P.C. enough for you?

[pyro][:K]

Link Posted: 7/23/2002 7:38:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
View Quote

i am pretty sure the guy standing at the end of your barrel isnt gonna say, "wwaaaaaaaiiiiiiiit  you cant technically shoot me unless thats a COLT or ARMALITE."  all the AR15s made by anyone has the same purpose.  that is to shoot.  generally speaking they look the same and operate the same. (generally)  the point is, who the hell cares about technicalities?  just call it an AR15.  if you dont like that, dont try to runin it for everyone else cuz your just gonna sound like a @$$ hole!.
View Quote
Hey, I was just raggin' on Boomer.  Lighten up.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 8:36:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey,

View Quote

Memo To DevilsAdvocate:

When you are finished doing yours up in this scheme, be sure and post pics so your buds at AR15.com can see the results.

I can't wait...  [img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/lol.gif[/img]
View Quote

I COULDN'T RESIST, IT RETURNS [B]AGAIN[/B]

[img]http://www.lewistechnogroup.com/images/lovemaster.jpeg[/img]

[B]THE SERIOUS PART[/B]
If you think that using another name will save us just look at the California "Assault Weapons" Law (SB-23) that was passed in 1999.

It didn't matter what [b]NAME[/b] the firearm had as it was solely by THEIR criteria.

[b]A name change wouldn't have made ANY difference[/b]
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 8:43:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Please quit calling post-ban rifles AR-15s. They are nothing more than semi-automatic target rifles. They ain't "militaristic" in any way shape or form. The more pro-gunners go around saying "Hey! Check out my post-ban ar-15!" the more the ignorant public actually thinks they are really "ar-15s." Remember, the Colt Match Target is actually legal in New Jersey and they banned real AR-15s. THANKS!

CRC
View Quote

Ok then,if you don't have an Armalite then you can't call your gun an AR-15 you have to call it a XM-15,ect,ect

Anyway a post ban is nothing more that a date on the lower I can do any damn thing I want with it(McUzi said so)
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 8:46:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
[img]http://image1.villagephotos.com/pubimage.asp?id_=417963&uid=21285 [/img]
View Quote

LOL! stop your gon'a make me piss my pants!
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 9:39:27 PM EDT
[#47]

where can i order it?  i think it would be a good match for my more manly version of the BLACK BUSHMASTER i have. hehehehehe
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 11:00:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

where can i order it?  i think it would be a good match for my more manly version of the BLACK BUSHMASTER i have. hehehehehe
View Quote

I really like this camo pattern. Would I get laughed-out of a DCM competition if I were to show-up with something like that? (yes, if the rifle was mechanically DCM legal...)
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 11:18:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Put your lips around my harmless postban AR... it shouldn't be hard... you won't have to struggle to get past the stupid looking bayonet.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 11:26:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Calling me a "jackass and coward" is pretty strong language. I guess if you say something unpopular on this board you deserve to be called every name in the book. So much for civility. As gun owners we should respect each others opinions and band together. Going around calling every other gun owner a bad name isn't helping anything. I didn't call any of you anything and I'm not going to. I'm not that kind of person and I respect all ya'lls opinions to cuss me out and want to kill me.

CRC
View Quote

Listen, you are getting slammed, not because it is an unpopular target, but because it is a stupid topic.

I have chatted with the ATF, in all my conversations I have Referred to my POST BAN AR-15, as an ar-15 manufactured after the 94 cut off, thats what is understood by all concerned.

you can call it the fire stick capable of throwing lead balls formed into little pointy things, for all I care. Just chill, it is no big deal.

When the soccer mom's comment on the rifle, use it as a oppurtunity to educate them.

BTW, I also have a preban car15, soon to have another post ban M4, and another what ever configuration i decide. They are all ar-15 style rifles.

[:K][:K][:K][:K][:K]
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top