Page / 9
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 12:27:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Really?  Damn.  That is cool.
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 12:28:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Still a shit hole. But at least they appear to be able to somewhat comprehend the constitution. Wish the fucking USSC could do the same.
View Quote
This is a direct result of Heller.
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 12:28:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
But we don’t require a government permit to own a gun. There is a ton of shit here that is legal and off the books.

Also, all mags made prior to freedom week are grandfathered in if they are in state
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You can't own non nurtured ARs and 30rd mags unless you were grandfathered in. Also you can't get a ton of handguns because of your roster.

PR now has better gun laws than a number of states.
But we don’t require a government permit to own a gun. There is a ton of shit here that is legal and off the books.

Also, all mags made prior to freedom week are grandfathered in if they are in state
You guys are arguing about which end of the turd is the clean end.  
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 12:28:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Someone send this news to the Virginia Governor.
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 12:30:45 PM EDT
[#5]
That is awesome!
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 12:31:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yup, the PR Level Courts ruled for a year that they were Constitutional Carry and no Gun Laws were Constitutional. The Government appealed to the Federal Appellate Level (not SCOTUS) and the PR Courts were overruled.

That was a Second Amendment Foundation case back in 2015-2016.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
IIRC, there were NO gun laws after SCOTUS ruled all their previous draconian bullshit was unconstitutional.

This is just PR Gov scrambling to put up less restrictive but "reasonable" unconstitutional bullshit.
Yup, the PR Level Courts ruled for a year that they were Constitutional Carry and no Gun Laws were Constitutional. The Government appealed to the Federal Appellate Level (not SCOTUS) and the PR Courts were overruled.

That was a Second Amendment Foundation case back in 2015-2016.
Did the LEAs in PR abide by the (lack of) gun laws or did they do what states like NY do with the FOPA (might beat the rap but not the ride)?
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 12:32:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You guys are arguing about which end of the turd is the clean end.  
View Quote
Oh I’m well aware of our shit gun laws.

I just think being able to own stuff off the books is an important safeguard.
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 12:33:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 12:33:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Not really. In CA you can own guns without any permit. It isn’t an easy comparison.
View Quote
Tell me about the Basic Firearms Safety Certificate?  Show me where you can pay $200 and get a Colt 6920 or Knight's SR-15 in CA?  What are the fees for a CCW in CA?  You are being disingenuous. I would LOVE for Californians to have the same rights Puerto Ricans will in January.
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 12:33:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Holy Shit, so Puerto Rico’s gun laws now make more sense the VA’s proposed laws.

This is a weird reality we’re living in.
View Quote
I never saw this coming......wow.
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 12:34:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 12:34:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 12:34:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Las personas con licencia de armas de otras jurisdicciones, para tener los mismos derechos y privilegios que gozan las personas con licencia de armas
de Puerto Rico, habrn de cumplir con los requisitos de esta Ley. A su vez,
debern informar a la Oficina de Licenciasde Armas, en caso de que tengan
la intencin de introducir una o ms armas y/o municiones a Puerto Rico

El Comisionado dispondr mediante reglamento, la forma en que se realizar dicha notificacin.

If you have a firearm license from any other jurisdiction in the US you can bring and carry a firearm in PR you will be able to do so if you notify the Oficina de Licencias de Armas.
This seems too good to be true.
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 12:34:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
No mag bans, no classification bans, shall issue CCW, automatic recognition of all out of jurisdiction CCWs, a government funded shooting sports and firearms education, and so much more. Yeah, this is hugely fucking awesome.

I might apply to the NIE as a special agent. I wonder if they accept my FL LE standards.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That is awesome!
No mag bans, no classification bans, shall issue CCW, automatic recognition of all out of jurisdiction CCWs, a government funded shooting sports and firearms education, and so much more. Yeah, this is hugely fucking awesome.

I might apply to the NIE as a special agent. I wonder if they accept my FL LE standards.
I find myself suddenly hankering for a vacation home in PR. I need to learn Spanish.
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 12:35:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 12:35:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
You can't own non nurtured ARs and 30rd mags unless you were grandfathered in. Also you can't get a ton of handguns because of your roster.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hell of a lot better than NY, NJ, MA, MD, CA, DC, HI, and elsewhere.
Not really. In CA you can own guns without any permit. It isn't an easy comparison.

I can own any handgun with a non threaded barrel. Roster is only what an FFL can sell new. Tons of off roster handguns are sold in CA.
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 12:36:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Still a crime to use them in certain configurations of gun.
Also a crime to have guns configured in certain ways and not registered

Wonder what the details of PR's permitting system are, insofar as you get to be a newly minted felon if your license lapses for any reason and the like?
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 12:36:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 12:37:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 12:38:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Is this real life?
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 12:38:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
But we don't require a government permit to own a gun. There is a ton of shit here that is legal and off the books.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But we don't require a government permit to own a gun. There is a ton of shit here that is legal and off the books.

How do you prove what magazines are legal?  Anything that is older is allowed or you have to prove ownership before that date?
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 12:39:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Holy Shit, so Puerto Rico’s gun laws now make more sense the VA’s proposed laws.

This is a weird reality we’re living in.
View Quote
I feel like VA will be back to "may issue" by 2021. Had people gotten out to vote for Cuchinelli we would have had constitutional carry, but nooooooo people though he was going to ban blow jobs or some shit.
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 12:42:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
OUTSTANDING! Now if the USVI would do it I could go back home and visit.
View Quote
Your from the Virgin islands and you left? I would have stayed if I could. Just train with a knife or something.
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 12:43:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That is awesome!

How did this even happen?
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 12:44:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 12:45:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
How do you prove what magazines are legal?  Anything that is older is allowed or you have to prove ownership before that date?
View Quote
The state would have the burden of proof
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 12:45:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 12:46:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

How did this even happen?
View Quote
The Heller decision is at the root of it
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 12:46:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 12:48:04 PM EDT
[#30]
It will be very interesting to see what happens to violent crime there over the next five to 10 years.
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 12:48:36 PM EDT
[#31]
So can a Puerto Rican citizen just get a cheaper concealed carry license from one of the mainland states that offers them to non-residents and then use that for less than the $200 charge for the Puerto Rican license?
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 12:49:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Very nice, good for them! I'm heading to Puerto Rico end of February for 9 day's.. does this mean I can carry?
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 12:50:17 PM EDT
[#33]
@Miami_JBT can I copy your OP for other forums?
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 12:50:42 PM EDT
[#34]
So, if I'm reading this right... I have a Florida CCW. Does that mean I can now travel to Puerto Rico with a gun, and carry it, without any further legal/licensing hassles?
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 12:50:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Wow. Good job PR!

Our little territory is doing better than some of our oldest states!
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 12:51:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 12:51:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Democrats will withhold aid till they embrace the life-saving measures of NY, CA and other liberal states.
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 12:52:26 PM EDT
[#38]
From what I understand, the Mexican drug cartels have been making in-roads with PR drug gangs.  Thus, this is driving their change in CCW permits.
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 12:53:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 12:53:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Hell of a lot better than NY, NJ, MA, MD, CA, DC, HI, and elsewhere.
View Quote
Agreed. Not knowing the rest of PR’s restrictions (mag size, etc), this is very impressive. Except for the part about 10 guns or 20,000 rounds a year... still an infringement there.
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 12:54:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Wow that’s damn impressive.  Where did they get the balls to come up with a fair amount of liberty all of sudden?
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 12:54:29 PM EDT
[#42]
that's great. But you aren't becoming a state in the Union, ever.
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 12:54:43 PM EDT
[#43]
We need an ARFCOM timeshare in PR
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 12:54:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 12:55:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 12:55:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 12:56:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 12:56:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Sure... I'm also writing a article for TTAG about this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@Miami_JBT can I copy your OP for other forums?
Sure... I'm also writing a article for TTAG about this.
Thanks, man.  You pimp your articles at my forum whenever you want.
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 12:57:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 12:59:56 PM EDT
[#50]
NFA?

Stoked for the people of Puerto Rico.
Shame that the brief period of Constitutional carry went away but still loads better then how things were for them before that.

Be interesting to see what the crime rates work out to be with the old gun laws, Constitutional carry and now this.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top