Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:50:27 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I was gonna say something, but it's been said....

I just wanted to know why people gotta be this way to a kid that's obviously trying to keep her life on track after she throws herself a curveball?

As for the asshat boyfriend, WTF?  He gets to walk?

Quoted:
They're still living in the Dark Ages.  

If she went and quietly had an abortion she could have "proudly" graduated and been accepted?  Probably.  

I can understand the effort to put shame on HER, it's as old as the religion,  but if the boyfriend participated they've obviously got a problem, a GIANT ONE, called hyprocisy.  No subtle reasoning could touch this blantant an example.  Oh, wait...OK, we made a mistake in letting the boy graduate....mea culpa.  Doesn't cut it with me.  They knew exactly what they were doing.  They've done it, tried to cover it up and will continue to do it....and cover it up.  It's the nature of the beast.  Lots of institutions do it.  FBI is getting pretty expert at it.  I think the beast is simply the bureaucracy, it's pretty much dead to ethics and morality and only looks to survive.

Did ANYBODY read both stories????
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:53:01 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Double standard.

You can tell by looking at her that she is a whore. You can't say the same about guys.

Yep, all pregnant women like the cock appearently.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:57:01 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I was expecting a post about a preggy teen chick manufacturing illegal machine guns.

Oh, she was, they think that is ok, just not the preg part.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:57:41 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Solution.  Keep your legs closed until after graduation if you attend a Catholic School.  What did she expect.  So much more about this pisses me off.

You didn't think at ALL did you before you posted that- either that or you did not READ the article.  The BOY was allowed to graduate on stage.  Why is he not punished for not keeping HIS legs closed hmm?

If they were going to let him walk, they should of let her.

Yet another million dollar settlement to drain the Catholic Church's coffers...
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 11:01:27 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Maybe it's about time Catholicism allowed birth control devices.

You can do whatever you want, it's not like you are going to get locked up for using birth control. The Catholic Church just recognizes that birth control (and fornication) is an impediment to your relationship with God.

Which is another reason why Catholicism is so stupid and outdated.

And why I have a problem with organized religion.

The first reason being:
Why is it an impediment?

2nd:
Does God really care?

3rd:
Why would Catholics think that it's an impediment?  Just because you are having sex and not using birth control doesnt mean your faith is lacking or you dont have any.

Jesus christ, I swear, some people didnt really think out these religions when they started them.  The least they could do is have them make some kind of sense if you are going to create a mythical church.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 11:02:20 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Wow..I wonder how they would have handled the pregnant Virgin Mary at about 16 years old, unwed, and riding a donkey miles into a town and only being able to get a stable for the night to give birth and sleep in...

Apparently, they wouldn't have let her walk in graduation, although they might well have made an exception in view of the fact that she was pregnant not as a result of screwing around with a fellow student, but as a result of divine intervention, and would be giving birth to the only begotten son of God. Wow. .any more questions?

I'm very familiar with the story. For all intents and purposes, logic doesn't play a role in my statement. I was merely trying to show the similarities of the situation. Because of the veneration of Mary in the Catholic Church, it seems hypocritical and ironic at best. Maybe that's why I left the church...hmmm

Comparing the Blessed Virgin to a whore. NOW I have seen it all!

So....

When's the last time in nature that a creature that wasn't assexual, was fertilized without sperm or intercourse?

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 11:04:42 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The BOY was allowed to graduate on stage.  Why is he not punished for not keeping HIS legs closed hmm?

You could not have picked him out of a lineup.

This isn't punishment, this is an attempt to advertise poor behavior.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 11:09:22 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Solution.  Keep your legs closed until after graduation if you attend a Catholic School.  What did she expect.  So much more about this pisses me off.

You didn't think at ALL did you before you posted that- either that or you did not READ the article.  The BOY was allowed to graduate on stage.  Why is he not punished for not keeping HIS legs closed hmm?

As someone else asked, DID YOU READ BOTH ARTICLES? She was sent home from the school, which has no elevators, because she had a knee injury and was pregnant, well before the graduation. The school made the entirely reasonable decision that paying for a stillborn bastard or ER treatment for a pregnant teenager was not something they had budgeted for. Apparently, other pregnant girls have been allowed to participate in school activities.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 11:11:25 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Kinda confused as to where this was directed, but yeah... I'll play along.  I read both stories on page one of the thread.

Yeah, she was an honor sudent who had an ankle injury and was pregnant.  The school apparently had other students in the past that were pregnant and were treating her differently.  It sounded like they were trying to strong-arm her into taking home-schooling in lieu of regular classes, something that any healthy, social teenaged girl would rebel against anyway.  

As for a ban, I didn't actually read any mention of any sort of ban.  They restricted her from walking with her class, but if she could walk to and from (and across) a stage to announce herself in her graduation... I don't really see the reasoning behind it.  It sounds like she just wanted to get a little fair treatment for some hard work.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 11:11:37 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I'm ecstatic that the young girl didn't 'opt out' for an abortion!

I suppose that would have been acceptable to the School.

But why they would permit the 'father' to participate in the graduation, if they weren't prepared to permit the  pregnant young lady, is beyond me.

Eric The(Even-Keeled)Hun

+1 at least she didnt have the baby murdered.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 11:12:23 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

As someone else asked, DID YOU READ BOTH ARTICLES? She was sent home from the school, which has no elevators, because she had a knee injury and was pregnant, well before the graduation. The school made the entirely reasonable decision that paying for a stillborn bastard or ER treatment for a pregnant teenager was not something they had budgeted for. Apparently, other pregnant girls have been allowed to participate in school activities.

Thank God, finally someone who knows both is more than 1.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 11:16:28 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

The first reason being:
Why is it an impediment?

2nd:
Does God really care?

3rd:
Why would Catholics think that it's an impediment?  Just because you are having sex and not using birth control doesnt mean your faith is lacking or you dont have any.

Jesus christ, I swear, some people didnt really think out these religions when they started them.  The least they could do is have them make some kind of sense if you are going to create a mythical church.

Let's take #1 and #3 together, since they are really the same question worded differently.
Having sex within the bounds of matrimony and using birth control shows a deep lack of faith because you are removing the possibility of reproduction. Overruling God's will as expressed in Genesis. "Be fruitful and multiply". It also shows a lack of faith in that, by preventing conception,you are showing a lack of faith in God's blessings. This violates Matthew 6:26  "Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?"

For #2, yes, God does care. He would not have created us at all, muchless have commanded us to be fruitful and multiply in Genesis.

Sorry about the brevity, but my life is devoted to works other than education, and I don't have the time or resources to give you the education you should have received in gradeschool catechism.

If you are really interested, www.Catholic.com is a great place to start.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 11:23:17 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I dont think he was exaggerating, nor was I.

Well, that makes one of you.

Substitute "black", "hispanic" or "Jew" for Catholic and you'd be getting dogpiled right now by "sensible" members.

I now see the point of view of some pundits who claim that anti Catholicism is the anti-Semitism of the 2000s.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 11:28:58 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kinda confused as to where this was directed, but yeah... I'll play along.  I read both stories on page one of the thread.

Yeah, she was an honor sudent who had an ankle injury and was pregnant.  The school apparently had other students in the past that were pregnant and were treating her differently.  It sounded like they were trying to strong-arm her into taking home-schooling in lieu of regular classes, something that any healthy, social teenaged girl would rebel against anyway.  

As for a ban, I didn't actually read any mention of any sort of ban.  They restricted her from walking with her class, but if she could walk to and from (and across) a stage to announce herself in her graduation... I don't really see the reasoning behind it.  It sounds like she just wanted to get a little fair treatment for some hard work.

You apparently only saw the parts you wanted.

Who are you, me, or anybody else to decide what is “fair treatment” in this case, fair for who. Would you have paid the schools legal bills if this girl fallen down the stairs and injured herself.

Sound far fetched…She has already threaten the school with a law suit.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 11:30:19 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Double standard.

+1
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 11:33:47 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Substitute "black", "hispanic" or "Jew" for Catholic and you'd be getting dogpiled right now by "sensible" members.

I now see the point of view of some pundits who claim that anti Catholicism is the anti-Semitism of the 2000s.

Kinda obvious, but this ain’t nothing new.

My grandfather carried a pistol all his life because in addition to blacks the sheet people liked to play with Italians and Catholics... they would just as soon kill them.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 11:34:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Both should have been denied.

ANd both denied God more than anyone and I wonder if they reconciled with Him before they confronted the Church.

If the boy did and the girl didnt then I can understand their position.

SGatr`5
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 11:37:16 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It is a matter of religion, and therefore can only be addressed within the church.

Write to the new pope about it, maybe he will think it's not cool.

Send the Pope money and he will fix it for you.  

edit:  I am Catholic and really do know how this part of the religion business system works.

You know nothing.

SGat1r5
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 11:38:22 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Double standard.

+1

Double standard FOR WHOM? It appears that she was excluded not because she was pregnant (apparently other pregnant girls had been allowed to participate in school activities) but because she was pregnant and injured and presented an unreasonable liability risk.

Please explain the basis for alleging that a double standard was applied. Oh, and DID YOU READ BOTH ARTICLES?
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 11:42:15 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's nice.

However, I am not "anti catholic".  I am "anti-organized religion" because it's all a bunch of fallacies and lies.  *shrugs*
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 11:46:42 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The first reason being:
Why is it an impediment?

2nd:
Does God really care?

3rd:

Let's take #1 and #3 together, since they are really the same question worded differently.
Having sex within the bounds of matrimony and using birth control shows a deep lack of faith because you are removing the possibility of reproduction. Overruling God's will as expressed in Genesis. "Be fruitful and multiply". It also shows a lack of faith in that, by preventing conception,you are showing a lack of faith in God's blessings. This violates Matthew 6:26  "Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?"

For #2, yes, God does care. He would not have created us at all, muchless have commanded us to be fruitful and multiply in Genesis.

Sorry about the brevity, but my life is devoted to works other than education, and I don't have the time or resources to give you the education you should have received in gradeschool catechism.

If you are really interested, www.Catholic.com is a great place to start.

Blahbidy blahbidy blah...

How do you KNOW God cares?  You dont.  You've never talked to him nor has anyone else.

What you base your religion and beliefs off of is a book that is written by man that has been translated more times than I have hair on my head.

You have no proof that any of it is real, yet you still belief in something that's unprovable.  Fallacy #1.

Here's a good site for you, written in one person's opinion talking about the enormous amount of unending quips.  Have fun with it.
www.churchofreality.org/opinion/god.htm
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 11:46:44 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Double standard.

sorta
They knew the father was in the school, but possibly they didn't want to exclude 20 guys to maybe catch the right one.
Better the guilty should walk kinda thing.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 11:51:53 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's nice.

However, I am not "anti catholic".  I am "anti-organized religion" because it's all a bunch of fallacies and lies.  *shrugs*

Same thing different frock... you are an anti-religious bigot.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:00:13 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's nice.

So the Catholic Church is "the most hypocritical organization in the history of mankind.", then you whip out the "I'm against ALL religions equally" card.

Forgive me for not being enlightened enough to see the man behind the curtain.  
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:47:39 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Wow..I wonder how they would have handled the pregnant Virgin Mary at about 16 years old, unwed, and riding a donkey miles into a town and only being able to get a stable for the night to give birth and sleep in...

Apparently, they wouldn't have let her walk in graduation, although they might well have made an exception in view of the fact that she was pregnant not as a result of screwing around with a fellow student, but as a result of divine intervention, and would be giving birth to the only begotten son of God. Wow. .any more questions?

I'm very familiar with the story. For all intents and purposes, logic doesn't play a role in my statement. I was merely trying to show the similarities of the situation. Because of the veneration of Mary in the Catholic Church, it seems hypocritical and ironic at best. Maybe that's why I left the church...hmmm

Comparing the Blessed Virgin to a whore. NOW I have seen it all!

This has got to be one of the most assenine statements I have ever read here on ARFCOM. I in NO WAY "compared" this girl to the Virgin Mary. I said there were/are similarities in the story. Pregnant and unwed came to mind.

And to call the young lady a whore is way off base. People make mistakes in their lives and people pay the consequences for their actions. There was only One person on this earth that was perfect and it ain't you or me...

"All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" Romans 3:23

And yes, that INCLUDES the Virgin Mary!

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top