Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 10:45:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Flash hider= huge advantage.
Accuracy loss= little to none.
Bayonet lug= not necessary, but it is there.

Is a pre-ban worth it? Only you can be the judge. I wish I had put up the extra cash when I bought my AR. I still kick myself for not buying one when they were cheap and plentiful. My buddy did. He was in the Navy at the time, stationed in California.He saw the writing on the wall. He picked up his Colt for $700. (Before the ban of course.)Bastard.[-!-!-]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 1:11:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I can always buy a post ban, but there's only so many pre-bans out there. I bought and like the pre-ban AR15 because I wanted the best all around multi purpose rifle I could get. Mainly because they're versatile and fun to shoot. There's just to many options I'd have to do without if I opted solely for a post ban, ie:NV,new and better flash supressors,suppressors,body armor,light,etc. Never mind I don't have a use or can't afford some of these, but at least down the road I have the option if the need arises. My carbine is a great grab and go gun, whether it be a day of plinking, self defense scenario(especially a low light confrontation, can we say temporarily blinded without a flash suppressor), or the much dreaded SHTF scenario. Besides pre-bans are just cooler,everybody who owns a post ban wishes they could afford a pre-ban.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 2:11:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll stay with the pre-ban!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 2:30:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 2:33:29 AM EDT
[#5]
CHARGING WILD BOAR?CHARGING COYOTE?BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!MAN THAT WAS FUNNY!!!!
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 4:59:53 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't think any of us should look at these weapons as "investments" because there are far better ones out there.

If you put that $3,500 in the Davis NY Venture fund in '69 instead of buying that Mustang you would have $267,346, much better then $35,000.

You guys with "your only a badass" if you hunt pigs and live in Texas make me laugh.  I guess shooting pigs with 30 rounds makes you tough and brave, NOT.  Give it a rest, you go to the Grocery store like everyone else.  P.S. Rambo was only a movie.

It seems pretty clear that most owners of Preban ARs bought them before the ban and didn't pay any premium to buy them.

I do think the M4 style looks "cool" but to me it is not worth the extra $500 it costs to buy one.  And when it is all said in done they both only knock offs of the real thing.

If you can find a preban for $1000 that is in new condition, more power to you.

I would buy a preban over a post if price and condition were equal, but they are not.

Link Posted: 6/12/2001 5:53:31 AM EDT
[#7]
In a word: OPTIONS.  Yes, post-bans are fine guns.  Yes, I have a post-ban I enjoy tremendously.  YES, I wish pre-bans weren't so damned expensive.  However, I am planning to buy one soon, and will probably be able to get one for lower than average cost through a buddy with good connections.  Very simply, if I want to put a flash suppressor, I will do it.  Telestock?  VERY helpful to my small-framed wife, on whom the standard A2 stock is to the point of being rediculous.

Really, there's nothing stopping you from converting a post- into a pre-ban (and it's done all the time)...I'm just not comfortable with that, even though the chances of getting nabbed for that as a stand-alone crime are nil.

Link Posted: 6/12/2001 6:06:05 AM EDT
[#8]
I had a preban, like a fool I sold it. But I still have two post bans.  While the preban features make the gun look "complete" in the military style. I think the internals of the guns are the same. They still feed 20 and 30 round magazines. They still have "pistol grips", they still function the same, they still shoot the same round, and they still retain most of their military styling/appearance.  

Would I like to have all the evil features? Sure, who wouldn't. But then again I would like to have a M16A1 or A2 with a M203 attached. In a SHTF scenario, I would plan to use what I have to defeat my enemy. If my enemy was armed with better stuff, I would take it and use it to defeat the next enemy.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 6:11:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
CHARGING WILD BOAR?CHARGING COYOTE?BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!MAN THAT WAS FUNNY!!!!
View Quote

Are some of you people f*cking hunting impaired or what?

I have been charged by wild boars on more than one occasion. Also, not long ago in Louisiana, I believe, there was a man that was knocked down by a pig when a pack of them charged him and his hunting buddies. One of them then decided to take a bite out of his femoral artery before they could get him off and he bled out right there in front of his friends. Also, you might want to check out your Cold Steel catalog in the ad about the boar speer. Guy killed like a 5-600lb charging pig with one.

I will admit though, I have never heard of a charging coyote. They always run away every time they realize that Im there.

If you want to read some good boar hunting stories then do a web search for them. There are a bunch of sites out there. I think some of yall need to make a trip to a state where we hunt more than just deer.

Michael
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 6:31:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Are some of you people f*cking hunting impaired or what?

If you want to read some good boar hunting stories then do a web search for them. There are a bunch of sites out there. I think some of yall need to make a trip to a state where we hunt more than just deer.

Michael
View Quote

Hee-Hee!  Ponyboy, he's from Taxachussets!  He has to even have his handguns approved before he can buy one.  They are kind of impaired there, and the state has to make sure that the guns are "special" (meaning the short school bus) and safe!  You're only able to hunt there with Ted's car.

Here's one of my reasons for owning a pre-ban;
[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=127634&a=936566&p=48092215[/img]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 6:43:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Hee-Hee!  Ponyboy, he's from Taxachussets!  He has to even have his handguns approved before he can buy one.  They are kind of impaired there, and the state has to make sure that the guns are "special" (meaning the short school bus) and safe!  You're only able to hunt there with Ted's car.

View Quote

Oops, I didn't notice. Man, that means he can't even legally stick a handgun in the waistband of his jeans when he goes to the 7-11. Probably can't own machineguns either, what a waste of good property. That definately means he's never seen a wild boar either, even they won't go up there.

Better him than me, I personally like my liberties.

Looks like you kid is enjoying that preban. Im sure they will come back and post how much more he would be enjoying a postban though. Idiots.

Michael
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 6:58:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
You guys with "your only a badass" if you hunt pigs and live in Texas make me laugh.  I guess shooting pigs with 30 rounds makes you tough and brave, NOT.  Give it a rest, you go to the Grocery store like everyone else.  P.S. Rambo was only a movie.

It seems pretty clear that most owners of Preban ARs bought them before the ban and didn't pay any premium to buy them.

I do think the M4 style looks "cool" but to me it is not worth the extra $500 it costs to buy one.  And when it is all said in done they both only knock offs of the real thing.

If you can find a preban for $1000 that is in new condition, more power to you.

I would buy a preban over a post if price and condition were equal, but they are not.

View Quote

My last two prebans I bought, (a few months ago) were unfired (except at factory) and were complete 16" (heavy barrelled) rifles under $1,000.00, including shipping and out the door.  I bought them for my kids.  They got to pick out their own serial numbers.  They REALLY appreciate the collapsible stocks!

I guess my point is, what is your agenda?  Why do you give a rats behind what others buy? or what their motives are?

And yes, many of us hunt deer and hogs with our AR's, and some of us hunt gators with bang sticks. We don't think we're "badass" because of it. We all do it down here, and it's nothing that makes us stand out.  We also understand "Rambo" was a movie, do you understand "Rocky" was too?  BTW Ted Kennedy is real, and y'all keep electing him.

We could go to the grocery store and buy growth hormone saturated meat, but we choose to hunt because we can, and we like it.  It amuses us that y'all can't even imagine that we really do. However, I can attest to the fact that here in Florida, 90% of the cars parked in front of "Gatorama" are from your neck of the woods. [:D]

So keep crackin on pre-bans until you've convinced yourself you got a great deal on your "state approved, post ban, 10 round, assault weapon", but you know you will never be complete until you own a pre-ban! [8P]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 7:01:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Most of my boar hunting is done at night.  
Bayonet lugs come in very handy and I normally affix one when Im out in the thick brush. Have you ever been rushed by a pack of wild boars? Didn't think so.

View Quote

the AR15/m16 is the worst platform for a spear. find a long stick paracord your bayonet to it much better (charging boar..)
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 7:08:31 AM EDT
[#14]
"Hey MAW!!Go Git me dah .50 caliber,dem der wild piguns is attackin' mees agin.""I had better git me a dang baynet on dis here .50 cal iffin one more pigun done attacks me!"BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAThe Attack of The KILLER PIGS,man you would not last 1 hour out hunting bear.I've got 4 black bear rugs,laying in my house,the biggest was a 250 pounder I got on a BOW and I sure as hell never felt I needed a freaking Bayonett,you are a silly little man.Ponyboy the pigsticker,BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH,watch out boy those pigs got tusks,BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA,never heard of a .44 magnum?DUH WHUT DAT?
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 7:09:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Ditto a million times what Big Guns said about the yankee tourists...

I admire hand to hand bayonet combat as much as anybody else, but, given the $500 or so price of that bayonet/ bayonet lug, I'll use that money for another sidearm- I'd much rather be shooting those hogs than bayoneting them!
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 7:31:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Ditto a million times what Big Guns said about the yankee tourists...

I admire hand to hand bayonet combat as much as anybody else, but, given the $500 or so price of that bayonet/ bayonet lug, I'll use that money for another sidearm- I'd much rather be shooting those hogs than bayoneting them!
View Quote

I completely agree, I carry a sidearm as well and would much rather shoot them with my rifle than draw it. Probably the only time I would even use the handgun is when the AR is empty. In fact, I would rather run out of their way than stab them, but what if one time I actually do need it and I decided not to use it because Im afraid some ingorant yankee might make fun of me on a web board?

I was simply letting the uninformed know what a bayonett was used for. Its for stabbing things, just like what the army uses their bayonetts for. Up to this point I have found the Surefire M500A much more useful than the bayo though.

Its nice to have as many weapons as possible though when something you are out hunting in the dead of night might decide to turn around and hunt you.

Michael
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 8:12:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Hey PONYBOY,just for your info. I'm as Texas as you are and more boy.Don't furgit twatch out fer dem chargin piguns der boy.Next time instead of fixing a bayonett to THAT 16" BARREL bring along a chainsaw!!

[chainsaw]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 8:13:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
"Hey MAW!!Go Git me dah .50 caliber,dem der wild piguns is attackin' mees agin.""I had better git me a dang baynet on dis here .50 cal iffin one more pigun done attacks me!"BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAThe Attack of The KILLER PIGS,man you would not last 1 hour out hunting bear.I've got 4 black bear rugs,laying in my house,the biggest was a 250 pounder I got on a BOW and I sure as hell never felt I needed a freaking Bayonett,you are a silly little man.Ponyboy the pigsticker,BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH,watch out boy those pigs got tusks,BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA,never heard of a .44 magnum?DUH WHUT DAT?
View Quote

So Josey, how did you get those 250 lb bears(cubs?) out of the county dump? Do you entice them with Twinkies into the back of your truck first?  Hee-Hee! Boars here can run into the 500 lbs and up class, and can outrun one of your junkyard black bears, I'd guess.  Sometimes they are in packs of 30 or more, too.  While I'm sure it is not as exciting as hanging around your county landfill with a case of beer and your crossbow, it can be a little more dangerous than your posts attempt at humor.

Link Posted: 6/12/2001 8:17:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Hey PONYBOY,just for your info. I'm as Texas as you are and more boy.Don't furgit twatch out fer dem chargin piguns der boy.Next time instead of fixing a bayonett to THAT 16" BARREL bring along a chainsaw!!

[chainsaw]
View Quote

You can only mount that chainsaw on a pre-ban rifle, though!
[chainsawkill]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 8:20:34 AM EDT
[#20]
So then tell me little guns,what the f in earth is a POS bayonett going to do on  a pack of 500lb wild boars on a stampede,you have about as many brains as you do teeth.Oh and ponyboy I is born an raised in Mason county boy.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 8:38:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
So then tell me little guns,what the f in earth is a POS bayonett going to do on  a pack of 500lb wild boars on a stampede,you have about as many brains as you do teeth.Oh and ponyboy I is born an raised in Mason county boy.
View Quote

HAHAHAHA....I didn't even notice the quote about the giant bear, the "big" 250 pounder...HAHAHAHA

A 250lb boar is nothing around here. Did you think I was talking about javelinas? Ive shot pigs with my AR that would make your "big" bear look like the runt of the litter.

My bayo on my 14.5" AR will do a hell of a lot more to a pig than they muzzle brake on your postban. Besides, the whole pack doesn't usually charge when they decide to usually its just a few of them, maybe even just one. Most of the time they do just run, but some of them don't have such a good temper and people piss them off.

For being such a big "country boy" Josey, you sure don't seem to know much about anything.

FYI, the record wild boar was killed several months ago and it tipped the scales at a little over 1,000lbs. Rather have a bayo than an empty gun if that sucker ever charged.

BigGuns, in a creek bed about 15 miles from where I live some buddies of mine spotted a pack of boars that numbered over 100. The two of them got six before they made it into the woods and out of sight. Ive still got some of the ribs in my freezer and I ate some of the sausage this morning. Nothing better than wild boar sausage.

Michael
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 8:45:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 8:57:59 AM EDT
[#23]
You guys are so tough I'm sure that's why you won the civil war,  oops my bad, YOU LOST.

It was the Floridians that fired the shots heard round the world and helped gain our independence right?  Oops, my bad that was Massachusetts.

And you have had 4 US presidents, no that's Mass too.

And what was the name of that President who is responsible for making the AR what it is today, umm Kennedy yeah that's it.  YOU would not have an AR if it wasn't for him, think about that for a minute.

Well at least you guys have all those great institutions of higher learning like Harvard, Amherst College and MIT, oh wait that isn't you either.

Well you can take comfort in knowing that all of your elderly are moving away, oh wait you have all our elderly.

At least you know how to vote, no not that either.

Well there is all that swamp land, I mean prime real estate.

Boy am I jealous.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 9:11:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Raf, sorry if I offended you, it was unintentional it was directed towards Josey, though I see it may have not looked that way now. I was not stereotyping which is why I used the term ignorant yankee instead of stupid yankees.

GeoffM24- Yes it is apparent that you are losing the pre-post ban arguement, but changing the subject and comming up with points that are completely off topic are not helping your side any. Do you have anything on the pre-post ban differences to discuss left?

Next time you decide to post a topic to intentionally stir the pot I suggest you study up a little better before hand on ways to defend your position. That way you won't have to resort to lame cut downs that will simply make the half of the board that is from the south pissed at you.

Michael

P.S. One more thing. I have lived in Texas my entire life and never once have I ever seen any swampland at all. Speaking of something which you seem to know absolutely nothing about will doubtfully get you anywhere.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 9:12:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hee-Hee, don't get mad!  I'll tell ya just so you'll be ready if you ever go hunting with yer Southern Hog-huntin friends.  You immediately thrust your bayonet through the leg of your partner, instantly making yourself much faster, and able to get away!  

Y'all are so serious, this is too easy![+]:D]

You'll have to keep your blood pressure down, take yerself less serious, and slow the pace if y'all are planning to get to retirement age and move on down here to Florida with the Kennedy's.

BTW, I don't know about y'all, but one brain is all we need down here! [:D]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 9:23:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Give me a break Ponygirl,
I listed dozens off extremely valid reasons, you on the other hand invented these wild situtions the NEVER happen and I lost the agrument.

Now that is funny.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 9:24:51 AM EDT
[#27]
I wonder why the webmaster hasn't seen the error of his ways and replaced the AR15.com logo rifle with a 24 inch freefloated stainless hbar.  
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 9:28:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
You guys are so tough I'm sure that's why you won the civil war,  oops my bad, YOU LOST.
View Quote

Hee-Hee- HAAAAAAAAAAAW [:D] That was good!

For the record, Florida was never defeated in the war of northern aggression, and Tallahassee was never captured or destroyed.  I don't know what that war has to do with any of this though.

It was the Floridians that fired the shots heard round the world and helped gain our independence right?  Oops, my bad that was Massachusetts.

And you have had 4 US presidents, no that's Mass too.

And what was the name of that President who is responsible for making the AR what it is today, umm Kennedy yeah that's it.  YOU would not have an AR if it wasn't for him, think about that for a minute.
View Quote

I'll take yer word for that.  Thanks for the useless information.

Well at least you guys have all those great institutions of higher learning like Harvard, Amherst College and MIT, oh wait that isn't you either.
View Quote

You don't understand! Down here, if yer school can't play worth a shit in football, it ain't higher in anything.  Besides, we have all the agricultural schools!

Well you can take comfort in knowing that all of your elderly are moving away, oh wait you have all our elderly.

At least you know how to vote, no not that either.
View Quote

If you would take a look at a map of Florida, and look at where the Kennedy's live, and the other old people from MA, it (the voting thing) might all start to make sense to you!

Well there is all that swamp land, I mean prime real estate.
View Quote

You mean there is one of y'all that knows the difference?  It' y'all that keep buying it.  I guess all that "higher" education isn't sinkin in.  (See previous post about Gatorama)

Boy am I jealous.
View Quote

Understandable, but we all have to play the hand that we were dealt.

Link Posted: 6/12/2001 9:35:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Give me a break Ponygirl,
I listed dozens off extremely valid reasons, you on the other hand invented these wild situtions the NEVER happen and I lost the agrument.

Now that is funny.
View Quote

Dozens? You started off with reasons why nobody needs preban features and I simply stated on how I use every one of them. Then you come back with how stupid those reasons, even though they are completely valid, because you have no idea about boar hunting in general, especially in Texas. Now you have somehow got on the topic of the f*cking civil war and how many presidents came from the north? What kind of rational thinking is that? Are you posting from an insane asylum? And yes, you are losing the arguement, though you may not think so.

Here is a little advice for you. It is better to let people think you are an idiot than to open your mouth and prove them right.

Michael
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 9:37:08 AM EDT
[#30]
Since PonyGirl has ADD and can't be bothered to actually read any response I'll summarize a response to his great wisdom.

"Most of my boar hunting is done at night. The permanently attached Vortex cuts flash down drastically, allowing me to keep my night vision. Compared to my post ban 20" Colt HBar which at night spits out a fireball about 2' long and as big around as a basketball this is a huge difference. The Vortex makes it look like a firecracker went off in the barrel, just some small sparks that are barely noticable. Plus, how do you screw a suppressor on without threads? Have you ever shoot a rifle with a suppressor? Its very nice."

Since many people don't hunt and most don't at night this may benefit 5% of AR owners TOPS.  Hardly an overwhelming argument.  Maybe worth a LITTLE extra to a FEW people.

"Bayonet lugs come in very handy and I normally affix one when Im out in the thick brush. Have you ever been rushed by a pack of wild boars? Didn't think so."

This is just plain ridiculous and for the 99.9% of people who actually live on the planet EARTH and not the island in LORD OF THE FLIES this does not apply.  And even if it did a good knife and speer would be much smarter.

"Having the stock collapsed when walking through think woods with the rifle slung makes it a lot easier to not get snagged on limbs, vines etc."

You can fix a telescoping stock in the shortest position so that cancels this.  Also I find it hard to believe the an extra few inches of rifle sock makes any difference.  Not to mention when I'm hunting upland game I can easliy carry my Browning Auto 5 which is WAY bigger and heavier.

"I take full advantage of all the evil accessories but if all I was planning on doing was taking it to the range, it would be a waste."

BINGO, what 95% of the people here ACTUALLY do with the rifles!

SO Pony,
As you can see I have addressed all of your far fetched scenerios.

Link Posted: 6/12/2001 9:38:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I wonder why the webmaster hasn't seen the error of his ways and replaced the AR15.com logo rifle with a 24 inch freefloated stainless hbar.  
View Quote

DriftPunch...LOL, I was just wondering the same thing. For that matter, why hasn't the military done the same since flash hiders decrease accuracy, collapsable stocks are useless and only stupid people from the south would ever use a bayo when they could just use another gun...
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 9:43:53 AM EDT
[#32]
Pony,
My post about Massachusetts was in response to this crap.  YOU have liberty and an AR because of Massachusetts.

"Oops, I didn't notice. Man, that means he can't even legally stick a handgun in the waistband of his jeans when he goes to the 7-11. Probably can't own machineguns either, what a waste of good property. That definately means he's never seen a wild boar either, even they won't go up there.

Better him than me, I personally like my liberties.

Looks like you kid is enjoying that preban. Im sure they will come back and post how much more he would be enjoying a postban though. Idiots."

Link Posted: 6/12/2001 9:46:38 AM EDT
[#33]
There are obvious reasons why the military has these features and much more.

They can be useful in war situations.

But you are not in the military and not hunting people.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 9:47:41 AM EDT
[#34]
Geoff,

Did you ride the short bus to the public library to get on the computer today or what? I have already stated, that if you didn't really need a preban then there isn't a real need to have one unless you just wanted it. (which I agree is the case with 95% of preban gun owners) I am simply stating how I use all of the features (which I have already stated several times). I am not implying that everyone should run out and buy a preban because they need all of the stuff, just how I use mine.

You are the one who started a thread with the topic of "Preban features, strictly for show", which I have already throughly debunked. BECAUSE I USE THEM, THEY ARE NOT STRICTLY FOR SHOW. How hard is that for you to understand.

You may have all of these "great" learning institutions up there, but apparently you have decided not to take advantage of them. Ill ask, one more time. Do you have anything else useful to add to this discussion and if not then lets kill it.

Michael
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 9:49:09 AM EDT
[#35]
Ponyboy,how old are you?I was wondering because you speak like a teenager,I've probably got brown marks in my underwear older than you.I hunt with hunting rifles,I'm not some pubescent teenager who dreams of being a soldier in some foreign land.I would give anything to see you and your AR-15 with the 14" barrel and your little bayonett against a RECORD 1000ld hog,BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.Grow up little boy,this is not commando land were talking about,there are no chi-coms in the woods coming to get you.You go ahead and keep your dreams of defending yourself against a herd of wild boar with your little bayonett,BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!!!You crack me up,BOY.Try the .300 win mag next time and you can leave your pea shooter with the bayonett at home.You had better go now,I think I hear MA' AN' PAW callin' ya' in fer supper.Will these children never get it?
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 9:49:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 10:00:26 AM EDT
[#37]
Josey- You probably are older than me, Im 24. Not quite old enough to shit in my underwear yet like yourself. Personally, I could really care less what you hunt with, but I thought you said you were a bow hunter earlier. Remember the "big" 250lb bear you took with one? So Im not impressed with your .300 win mag, who cares?

Im not here to impress anyone with all of the guns I bought in the last two months or the three bear rugs I have hanging on the walls of the trailer. Im simply here to let everyone know that not everyone on this site only takes their ARs to the range and then back home. Some of us use them for other things.

Next time you reply try using the little button at the bottom marked "Spell Check" it will make your posts much easier for the rest of us to read. Also, if you would practice a little more on your accuracy you wouldn't need the overkill of that "cannon" .300 win mag you've got. It could save you some money on ammo cost.

Michael
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 10:14:09 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Geoff,

"Did you ride the short bus to the public library to get on the computer today or what? I have already stated, that if you didn't really need a preban then there isn't a real need to have one unless you just wanted it. (which I agree is the case with 95% of preban gun owners I am simply stating how I use all of the features (which I have already stated several times). I am not implying that everyone should run out and buy a preban because they need all of the stuff, just how I use mine.

You are the one who started a thread with the topic of "Preban features, strictly for show", which I have already throughly debunked. BECAUSE I USE THEM, THEY ARE NOT STRICTLY FOR SHOW. How hard is that for you to understand.

You may have all of these "great" learning institutions up there, but apparently you have decided not to take advantage of them. Ill ask, one more time. Do you have anything else useful to add to this discussion and if not then lets kill it.

Michael
View Quote

I'm sorry you are right my title should have read.  "Preban features strictly for show except in ponygirls case because he's a bad ass pig humper"

My bad.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 10:20:03 AM EDT
[#39]
Glad to see that you have finally admitted that you were wrong, that is all that I wanted to hear. Oh, and I never said anything about being a badass but you said it, not me.

Has anybody ever told you that your cutdowns are lame? Its much more effective to cutdown people by using your wits instead of name calling. However, if you have problems doing it that way then by all means get someone to help you. Ill wait.

Michael
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 10:22:49 AM EDT
[#40]
Ponygirl exactly what is wrong with my spelling?Are you talking about  my EDITED posts,well don't bother look at the bottom of your posts little girl.BTW I was referring to your big 1000lb hog that you are going to be killing with your bayonet,that is what you should be using the cannon for.I highly doubt that record hog was taken with an AR you moron.As far as ammo cost,if you hit what you shoot the ammo should not be of concern,of course there are the idiots out there shooting at everything that moves for fear of being trampled by a pack of wild boars.Go grow some hair on your balls,then come talk to me,I'm tired talking down to your childish ass.BTW do you wear an army helmet too while your hog hunting,MORON.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 10:25:27 AM EDT
[#41]
PONYGIRL+BAYONET+1000LB HOG=DEAD PONYGIRL
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 10:32:59 AM EDT
[#42]
Oh now I get it PONYBOY,your a greaser,right?In the movie didn't you stab a "Soc" with a knife?Is that where you are thinking that the bayonet is an all powerfull hunting tool?BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.Ponygirl you are living in movie land,GROW UP,GOD DARN BOY,HOW OLD DID YOU SAY YOU WERE 24?BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAYou are too f-ing much BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 10:35:07 AM EDT
[#43]
Josey- The only thing I have seen wrong with your spelling is that all the letter don't exactly go together. I do see, however, that you have found the spell check button. That should help infer intelligence in your next arguement. My post have all been edited for content, not spelling. In fact, I don't even have to use the spell check, but thats just between me and you.

Just for the record the record hog was taken in Texas with a bow, but Im sure I could have downed it with an AR. In fact, I have several friends who have, on occasion, used a .22LR to make clean kills on boars.

Nope, no helmet on boar hunts. However, fast lace combat boots are my hunting footwear of choice if you care.

Let me know if you have any other questions and remember that spell check!

Michael
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 10:44:13 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 11:06:16 AM EDT
[#45]
Posted by PONYGIRL,
" Josey- The only thing I have seen wrong with your spelling is that all the letter don't exactly go together."

You don't use spellcheck?You should you moron,"All the letter don't exactly go together." Talk about people in glass houses,now that I have shown you to be the idiot you are go get your bayonet and watch your FAVORITE movie,"The Outsiders".Do you get douche chills ponygirl,I'll bet you do.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 11:33:14 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 11:50:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I'd suppose that a thinking man might wonder what the military was doing with these features and also why the liberals want to take them from us ... I suppose it would have everything to do with looks right? Please [;D]
View Quote

Finally, a breath of fresh air into this stale debate. Amen, Paul.

Why some members feel the need to malign and attack those of us who own pre-ban rifles totally escapes me. It serves no purpose.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 11:58:02 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I'd suppose that a thinking man might wonder what the military was doing with these features and also why the liberals want to take them from us ... I suppose it would have everything to do with looks right? Please [;D]
View Quote

PLEASE learn to read first.  Note the post 13 above yours.

Man you guys are frustrating.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 12:00:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 12:41:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top