Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:32:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I hope they sell a ton of them here in the US, just another F'You to HK.

We are finally getting some interesting weapons for sale here in the USA!
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:38:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I spoke with Milton, a Steyr Sales Rep here in New England. He is based out of MA. He gave me all of the dealer pricing as well as the MSRP on all of the Steyr products.

The AUG-A3 will run about $1199 MSRP. I dont have the paperwork open in front of me, but i recall it being under $1200 and making a mental note compared to the PS90 and FS2000 prices.

I will confirm this when i open my files later.

The release date according to Milton is October 06, but he did conceed that the date has moved many times in the process.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:46:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Why did they have to bolt all that Tapco AR crap on it.  I want an original.

I really, really, really need an A2.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:14:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:15:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I spoke with Milton, a Steyr Sales Rep here in New England. He is based out of MA. He gave me all of the dealer pricing as well as the MSRP on all of the Steyr products.

The AUG-A3 will run about $1199 MSRP. I dont have the paperwork open in front of me, but i recall it being under $1200 and making a mental note compared to the PS90 and FS2000 prices.

If so, count me in.

Same here!
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:20:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If so, count me in.

Same here!

I would buy one, the Aug is the only other Semi-Auto rifle I want besides an AR.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:21:33 PM EDT
[#7]
After seeing the freakish abomination that the new SiG 556 turned out to be,
it looks like I will get an AUG instead.

I REALLY wanted the SiG to look like the 550 series.
What the hell happened?

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:25:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Styer owned sig on this one.

I'm buying an AUG.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:34:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Awesome!

Also, guys, Sig has said those are prototypes, they're working on others, and they want criticism. So instead of saying "Sig dropped the ball" or "sig sucks!", open up your email, email Sig and say, "Hey guys, thanks for the 556. I heard you're taking suggestions so:" and write down what you think.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:37:11 PM EDT
[#10]
PS90, FS2000, and now the AUG, my gun budget keeps having to expand, lol.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:39:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Listen UP....
Steyr needs to get its stories straight!!!

I JUST got off the phone with one of our members here who is at shot. That gun pictured is a FA gun and according to the guys at the steyr booth, not a civi aug made in Mississippi. NO AUGS are being made in the US!!! I repeat, they are not making a AUG here in the states. When asked if they will in the future the answer was NO.

Will get another update this evening.
CH
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:44:25 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Listen UP....

I JUST got off the phone with one of our members here who is at shot. That gun pictured is a FA gun and according to the guys at the steyr booth, not a civi aug made in Mississippi. NO AUGS are being made in the US!!! I repeat, they are not making a AUG here in the states. When asked if they will in the future the answer was NO.

CH

Shit. Well, it wasn't much more than hope when initially posted......
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:47:39 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The Iran deal happened before our government set up their whole ban sales to Iran deal. The last I heard, Steyr was good to keep selling in America.

If they were still prohibited, they wouldn't have any foreign products as the Steyr ban was only on products not made in the US. So either there is no Steyr ban anymore, or this is an American made AUG. I hope both are true as Stery has agreed to not sell to Iran anymore, now that they know it pissed us off.

Funny, I encourage Steyr to sell to Iran.
Maybe I followed the story more then you. I dunno.

What does your supporting Iran have to do with anything I said?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:47:48 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Listen UP....

CH

Shit. Well, it wasn't much more than hope when initially posted......

Tell me about it!!!! That was one of hte guns I really wanted to see come to market this year!!!
He has some other rather intersting things to say about a few other products but I will let him spill the beans....

New civi Sig......
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:50:44 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
The Iran deal happened before our government set up their whole ban sales to Iran deal. The last I heard, Steyr was good to keep selling in America.

If they were still prohibited, they wouldn't have any foreign products as the Steyr ban was only on products not made in the US. So either there is no Steyr ban anymore, or this is an American made AUG. I hope both are true as Stery has agreed to not sell to Iran anymore, now that they know it pissed us off.

Anyone else wanna take this one? I'm too bored to explain it the 14th time.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:56:25 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you're going to take the time to reply, say something worth the effort. Please inform me.  

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:58:42 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Styer owned sig on this one.

I'm buying an AUG.

Sig owned Styer on this one.

I'm not buying an AUG.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:20:31 PM EDT
[#18]
What is the rate of twist?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:26:06 PM EDT
[#19]
My understanding is Steyr haa no production capacity at the MS location

But I've also heard the spring 2006 civy date before and came from folks that should know

I'm assuming we can hope (I want one with that long rail)

Barry
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:03:21 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
My understanding is Steyr haa no production capacity at the MS location

But I've also heard the spring 2006 civy date before and came from folks that should know

I'm assuming we can hope (I want one with that long rail)

Barry

Like I said they need to get the story straight..... Or not.

Great advertising!
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:51:23 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you're going to take the time to reply, say something worth the effort. Please inform me.  

The full story and STEYR's response can be found here:
www.steyrclub.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1422

As far as buying aa AUG-A3

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:56:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Million dollar questioN: Will my Qualified trigger pack fit the new Aug A3?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:24:17 PM EDT
[#23]
All right, I know what I'm doing with part of the Bonus check I just got!
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:53:29 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Well it wont be buying an american made AUG!
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:56:20 PM EDT
[#25]
The P90 breaks down similar to the AUG: optical receiver assembly that also houses the barrel, plastic frame, plastic hammer group, and then the bolt.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:41:39 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can't get lazy and reply before folowing the thread to the end!
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:09:03 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can't get lazy and reply before folowing the thread to the end!

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:37:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Oh good LORD!

My fucking credit card is going to be smoking hot when I get back to the states...

New AUGs, the new Sig,....somebody tell these people to STOP IT!!!!

DONT MAKE ANY MORE COOL LOOKING GUNS......

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:45:54 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Oh good LORD!

My fucking credit card is going to be smoking hot when I get back to the states...

New AUGs, the new Sig,....somebody tell these people to STOP IT!!!!

DONT MAKE ANY MORE COOL LOOKING GUNS......

Try reading it again.....there is no us AUG!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:58:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Okay, I now have reputable sources telling me that Steyr said, "Yes, we're going to be building them here" and "No way"....

This sounds like a case of the right hand not knowing what the left was doing, Steyr really needs to get their stories straight.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:27:29 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Okay, I now have reputable sources telling me that Steyr said, "Yes, we're going to be building them here" and "No way"....

This sounds like a case of the right hand not knowing what the left was doing, Steyr really needs to get their stories straight.

Absolutly!
If they are, then you would think the people that have working SHOT would know.

Would love to see a civi aug, I am just not holding my breath, just crossing my fingers.
CH
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:59:21 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I WILL BUY a Steyr AUG.

+1e12

Anyway, on the Steyr-Iran thing, Steyr got a contract for a bunch of .50s from Iran. The US didn't like it.
US: Don't sell those rifles.
Steyr: Well, we do need to make a living. Tell you what, we won't sell these rifles to Iran if you lift the import ban and let us sell cool rifles in the US again.
US: Hell no.
Steyr: Well then fuck you.

I do not really have a problem with this.

I agree. Capitalism in action.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top