Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:25:57 PM EDT
[#1]

From your list, I prefer the Ruger SRs, particularly the SR9c. I find them to be a damn handy little gun, and they are pretty awesome from the value perspective as well. The trigger is better than that found on Glocks, XDs, and M&Ps. The ergos are good, and it comes with adjustable sights.

The PPQ is a nice gun. They seem well put together, and they have an awesome trigger. Ergos aren't bad, but I wasn't particularly fond of the standard backstrap that ships on the guns. Maybe one of the replacements would feel better to me, but I don't see myself messing with a gun shop gun to find out.

Today, I got my hands on a Steyr C9-A1 for the first time. It has an agressive grip angle like Glocks and the Ruger MkIII, so that makes it an automatic no-go in my book, but it has an impressive trigger and some pretty cool sights. The trigger is very short, and perhaps too light for a carry gun. The reset isn't super obvious, so I'd put it a bit below the PPQ in the best trigger competition, but not by much.

Steyr sights:

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:26:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glocks are good, but they're old news. Technology has moved on, but Glock hasn't.

Yeah, when I pick up any of the pistols listed in the poll, I immediately think "This thing can do so much neat stuff that a Glock can't!"

yup.

let's see......

Glock with a shitty trigger

Glock with a hammer

Croatian Glock with a FUCKING GRIP SAFETY?!?!?!

Glock in a different color and a shitty trigger

DA/SA Glock

Plastic Sig

Glock with a really shitty trigger and a safety

wow. progresss

FN > Glock

not even going to bother listing the deficiancies of the FN yet AGAIN
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:26:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Screw the M&P.  It doesn't come the way it should stock and to get it up to snuff you have to dump in a few hundred more ontop of what you pay for it. I have no idea how people can be supportive of a pistol that comes with such a shit trigger stock and the slickest grip known to man.

Get an FNS, which comes stock with a decent trigger, nice grip, night sights, and even front slide serrations.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:26:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
*click*

*click*

*click*

Any more glockbois wanna stroll in?

Well you said poly guns. If you would consider steel then it's a 1911 or a CZ 75.......

Thread title says EXCLUDING Glock

Shit, I'm sorry. I thought you wanted to spend your money wisely. No, just goofing around, you get what you like.

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:27:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
From your list, I prefer the Ruger SRs, particularly the SR9c. I find them to be a damn handy little gun, and they are pretty awesome from the value perspective as well. The trigger is better than that found on Glocks, XDs, and M&Ps. The ergos are good, and it comes with adjustable sights.

The PPQ is a nice gun. They seem well put together, and they have an awesome trigger. Ergos aren't bad, but I wasn't particularly fond of the standard backstrap that ships on the guns. Maybe one of the replacements would feel better to me, but I don't see myself messing with a gun shop gun to find out.

Today, I got my hands on a Steyr C9-A1 for the first time. It has an agressive grip angle like Glocks and the Ruger MkIII, so that makes it an automatic no-go in my book, but it has an impressive trigger and some pretty cool sights. The trigger is very short, and perhaps too light for a carry gun. The reset isn't super obvious, so I'd put it a bit below the PPQ in the best trigger competition, but not by much.

Steyr sights:

The nice thing the Steyr has over the Walther though is that you get a decent low bore axis with the Steyr.  Reset could be better.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:27:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
H&K USPf .45

this

jam your poll
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:28:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Screw the M&P.  It doesn't come the way it should stock and to get it up to snuff you have to dump in a few hundred more ontop of what you pay for it. I have no idea how people can be supportive of a pistol that comes with such a shit trigger stock and the slickest grip known to man.

Get an FNS, which comes stock with a decent trigger, nice grip, night sights, and even front slide serrations.

have you seen the awesome new feature of the FNS?

you can lock up the FCG simply by muzzle-striking it on something
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:28:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Steyr sights:

those sights make me want to vomit

that background makes me want to shower in bleach
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:29:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Get both them all.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:29:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Get both them all.

no.  become highly proficient with some/one
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:30:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Walther PPQ.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

What is the difference between pps and ppq?

PPS is a 380 I think, PPQ is an enhanced P99

Ah, my question is then, what is the difference between the p99 and ppq?
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:30:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Don't those go off if dropped?

Assuming the firing pin doesn't shatter?

WTF are you talking about?

Never heard of that issue and I've had Steyr pistols since the original M9 came out.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:30:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The M&P is the easy winner in this category.

if you add $150 in parts to it.

My stock M&P is great.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:30:37 PM EDT
[#14]
*other...and it's my HK USP .45.
I will eventually get the M&P .45, the one I've shot was a very good shooter.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:30:44 PM EDT
[#15]
I currently own an M&P for my polymer entry, but I really preferred my XDm. I really regret allowing myself to be talked out of trading it in for an M&P. There's nothing wrong with the M&P, but I like the XDm far more.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:31:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My stock M&P is great.

add the parts.

it will be almost as great as a glock
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:31:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Who in the HELL doesn't include on of these in their poll?

Freakin' Grin, that's who.  

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:32:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Steyr sights:

You can swap out the sights for a lot of different after market if you don't like the traps.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:32:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg191/scaled.php?server=191&filename=cz75p07duty.png&res=landing  

that thing sucks holy shit you have no frame of reference do you?
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:33:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Steyr sights:

You can swap out the sights for a lot of different after market if you don't like the traps.

there is an aftermarket for those guns?

sorry, I'm just used to Glock, and having several options avaliable
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:33:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg191/scaled.php?server=191&filename=cz75p07duty.png&res=landing  

I did. It's called *Other.

Also, in my mind the CZ-75 is supposed to be deeply blued steel with stained walnut grips
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:33:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Another vote for Glock

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:33:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Agreed! Only thing holding me from buying one is that its difficult to find night sights for them.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:33:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My stock M&P is great.

add the parts.

Well, the 9mms though will not have erratic ejection and failures like the Glock Gen 4 17 and 19s though.

If Glock hadn't messed up their GEN 4 and new GEN 3 17 and 19s they'd still be king, but they did so they're not.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:33:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My stock M&P is great.

add the parts.

I've shot many Apex'd M&Ps.  They're good.  But so is my stock M&P.

Better than a Glock, even.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:34:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I like the idea but I could not get past the looks. I went with 75 B's for my CZ line up.  But the OP need's to look at a Glock 19/17.

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:34:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My stock M&P is great.

add the parts.

I've shot many Apex'd M&Ps.  They're good.  But so is my stock M&P.

Better than a Glock, even.

yes.  that was my conclusion as well
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:34:50 PM EDT
[#28]

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:34:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you touched one even? SERIOUSLY? I like the new Omega triggers on the CZ
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:35:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Walther PPQ

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:35:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My stock M&P is great.

add the parts.

Well, the 9mms though will not have erratic ejection and failures like the Glock Gen 4 17 and 19s though.

If Glock hadn't messed up their GEN 4 and new GEN 3 17 and 19s they'd still be king, but they did so they're not.

personal experience or internet whargggllllbllarrglll?
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:35:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like the idea but I could not get past the looks. I went with 75 B's for my CZ line up.  But the OP need's to look at a Glock 19/17.

You seem to ignore the fact I don't like Glock. They just feel wrong.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:35:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Walther PPQ.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

What is the difference between pps and ppq?

PPS is a 380 I think, PPQ is an enhanced P99

I think the PPQ has actually replaced the P99. And I think the PPS is a .40 or 9mm model as well but it's more compact. A whole different design from the P99/PPQ. They also make the PK380 which is bascally a P22 in .380.

I heart my PPQ so that's my vote.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:35:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you touched one even? SERIOUSLY? I like the new Omega triggers on the CZ

yeah, those guns have a designed-in service life in the very low thousands.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:36:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

self-defense is not about how a handgun "feels" in your hand...
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:36:45 PM EDT
[#38]
FNP / FNX

I have a FNP 9mm and a FNP 45 Tactical

both are great Guns

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:36:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:37:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

self-defense is not about how a handgun "feels" in your hand...

And I don't give two shits what the Glock 19 guy thinks

If I don't like how it feels, I'm not going to practice with it. If I don't practice with it, it won't be effective in a SD situation.

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:37:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did. It's called *Other.

Also, in my mind the CZ-75 is supposed to be deeply blued steel with stained walnut grips

They are damn nice gun's. But in my opinion to heavy for daily carry. (For me they are)

I have a FS and a compact and they are perfect IMHO. But they are heavy.

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:38:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Man the Beretta haters sure are out in storm tonight.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:38:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Steyr sights:

there is an aftermarket for those guns?

sorry, I'm just used to Glock, and having several options avaliable

You can get Trijicon night sights, PT Night Sights, and I'm sure there are plenty of others out there as well. Raven Concealment makes holsters and so does Bladetech and Galco. It's not like Glock where everybody makes aftermarket for it, but it's better than Walther's aftermarket options or FN's.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:38:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Uh...

Glock.

Moved on?  WTF are you on?
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:39:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Plastic guns got no soul.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:39:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:40:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:40:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My stock M&P is great.

add the parts.

personal experience or internet whargggllllbllarrglll?

Personal experience, watching it with other guys, and hell you can find multiple examples on youtube and see it.  Maybe, just maybe they managed to put enough band-aids with the new extractor, ejector, and recoil spring with the T-serial number run. However, since those just started rolling out a few months back I'm going to hold off declaring Glock as having their "Mojo" back.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:41:32 PM EDT
[#49]
WTF

Only 12 people on ARF have Xdm's

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:42:06 PM EDT
[#50]
CZ Phantom
or a glock
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top