Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 3:33:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Glock? Their nose is so far up law enforcement's ass they'll come up with new incindinary rounds for burning us out of our houses!

Yup. He said it better than any of us could
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 3:33:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Glock was the founder and original designer of the disposable weapon. They're not so concerned about THIS sale as they are concerned about the FOLLOW-UP sales. They wouldn't give a shit if the US banned all non-gov firearms ownership.

Glocks ACTUAL price is what the rest of us call their LEO price, it is the price that their P&L is calculated upon.

They're retail price is for saps. It is pure gravy on their bottom-line.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 3:33:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Do I want them to?  Yes.

Do I think they will?  No.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 3:34:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Guns Save Life is joining with Grass Roots North Carolina in calling for all American gun owners to pressure Sig Sauer, Smith and Wesson and Glock to shut off sales to government agencies in New York State.

I am somewhat conflicted about firearms companies shutting down sales to LEOs. Not all police are bad people. They need and deserve quality gear. If they can't get a quality firearm they'll wind up with some POS and it won't be reliable. It could cost good men their lives. What's happening in our country right now is reprehensible, but we can't blame the LEOs out there right now just doing their job or hold them accountable or responsible. We'd all like to think shutting them out like this could make politicians rethink their assault on our rights, but it won't. They don't give a shit. And these firearms manufacturers don't either. They're in business to make money, they have contracts with these agencies. Obviously they don't want to lose their civilian customer base but if a day ever comes that guns can no longer be sold to civilians then LEO will be the only market they have left. They won't burn their last bridge, and I don't think any of them will go all in like that.

No domestic government agent deserves to be better armed than the people who pay his salary. When they all agree never to enforce disarmament laws, the problem will disappear.

I agree. But Glock 17s for example aren't banned from civilian ownership anywhere in America, they just can't hold as many rounds everywhere. How many agencies out there use this same firearm? I'm not trying to stir up a GD shitstorm with that comment or be controversial, but if you were a LEO or one of your family members were, you wouldn't want them out there dealing with the scum of the universe with a POS handgun while the criminals they were up against who don't give a shit about gun laws are probably using something better. Like a Glock for example.

It's all moot anyhow, they're never going to suspend sales to LEOs.

They should only sell 5- or 7- or whatever-round mags to cops in affected places, and should replace any std mags sent for repair with neutered mags. The entire industry should make this as painful as possible for every part of each oppressive government, without exception. And why would I care that cops in NY are in the exact same shape  as private citizens in NY? I assure you, I do not. Not a bit.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 3:35:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Glock? Their nose is so far up law enforcement's ass they'll come up with new incindinary rounds for burning us out of our houses!

LOL.  Too true.

They'll play both sides as long as they can, and then ditch us when they can't milk us any longer.  Contracts are more stable than civilian sales that fluctuate with each political event.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 3:39:11 PM EDT
[#6]
It would be nice if they did, but I dont see it happening.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 3:44:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Guns Save Life is joining with Grass Roots North Carolina in calling for all American gun owners to pressure Sig Sauer, Smith and Wesson and Glock to shut off sales to government agencies in New York State.

I am somewhat conflicted about firearms companies shutting down sales to LEOs. Not all police are bad people. They need and deserve quality gear. If they can't get a quality firearm they'll wind up with some POS and it won't be reliable. It could cost good men their lives. What's happening in our country right now is reprehensible, but we can't blame the LEOs out there right now just doing their job or hold them accountable or responsible. We'd all like to think shutting them out like this could make politicians rethink their assault on our rights, but it won't. They don't give a shit. And these firearms manufacturers don't either. They're in business to make money, they have contracts with these agencies. Obviously they don't want to lose their civilian customer base but if a day ever comes that guns can no longer be sold to civilians then LEO will be the only market they have left. They won't burn their last bridge, and I don't think any of them will go all in like that.

No domestic government agent deserves to be better armed than the people who pay his salary. When they all agree never to enforce disarmament laws, the problem will disappear.

I agree. But Glock 17s for example aren't banned from civilian ownership anywhere in America, they just can't hold as many rounds everywhere. How many agencies out there use this same firearm? I'm not trying to stir up a GD shitstorm with that comment or be controversial, but if you were a LEO or one of your family members were, you wouldn't want them out there dealing with the scum of the universe with a POS handgun while the criminals they were up against who don't give a shit about gun laws are probably using something better. Like a Glock for example.

They should only sell 5- or 7- or whatever-round mags to cops in affected places, and should replace any std mags sent for repair with neutered mags. The entire industry should make this as painful as possible for every part of each oppressive government, without exception. And why would I care that cops in NY are in the exact same shape  as private citizens in NY? I assure you, I do not. Not a bit.

What should happen is nothing that is going on. No one should have any sort of restrictions to the kind of firearms they own or carry nor the amount of rounds in their magazines. The entire situation going on in this country right now is just fucking ridiculous.

The question the OP posed was should Glock suspend firearm sales. He said nothing about magazine capacity. In either case, there is no way in hell they or any other manufacturer are going to.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 3:48:15 PM EDT
[#8]
If Glock, S & W. HK, Sig......all did......it would send a HUGE message to the NYS Fucksticks.......We need the ammunition manufacturers like ATK/Federal/Speer, etc...etc.. to follow suit..........That would really drive it home.  NYS King Andrew could give 2 fucks if LaRue, Olympic, etc.....doesn't sell here....there market share is too small, and that is what the Libs want anyway.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 3:49:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If Glock, S & W. HK, Sig......all did......it would send a HUGE message to the NYS Fucksticks.......We need the ammunition manufacturers like ATK/Federal/Speer, etc...etc.. to follow suit..........That would really drive it home.  NYS King Andrew could give 2 fucks if LaRue, Olympic, etc.....doesn't sell here....there market share is too small, and that is what the Libs want anyway.

HK doesn't give a flying fuck about the civilian market, they never have. It's sad too because they make a damn fine firearm.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 3:51:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I thought Glock was a foreign company.. doubt they really care as long as sales are up

GLOCK, Inc.
6000 Highlands Parkway
Smyrna, GA 30082
U.S.A.
Tel.: +1 770 - 432 1202

"It's important for us at GLOCK, Inc. to recognize the commitment the millions of NRA members and thousands of certified NRA firearms instructors who are continually protecting our Second Amendment rights and freedoms," stated GLOCK Vice President, Josh Dorsey.

But cash talks and the 2A walks?

Glock is an Austrian owned company... Gaston Glock is from Austria. What you have posted there is the US distribution center.

Quoted:
Glock makes tons of money off of selling to police. It's their advertising.

Glock has always been a strong supporter of the 2a, but they have made their name in the LEO market. By making concerted efforts to get their guns in the hands of US LE it has helped to serve as some of the best advertising they could hope for. They don't make as much money in sales directly from sales to LEOs, but the residual sales from the civillian market because of that exposure is what makes Glock tick.

They won't risk their relationship with their current LE deals, and they won't want to risk another company comming in behind them and replacing them in those markets if they do refuse sales.

Glockl will do what it can to support the 2a, but it will only go so far, they won't risk losing a major component of their buisness.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 3:54:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Magpul isn't even doing it and they are about to get run out of their home state.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 4:17:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I thought Glock was a foreign company.. doubt they really care as long as sales are up

GLOCK, Inc.
6000 Highlands Parkway
Smyrna, GA 30082
U.S.A.
Tel.: +1 770 - 432 1202

"It's important for us at GLOCK, Inc. to recognize the commitment the millions of NRA members and thousands of certified NRA firearms instructors who are continually protecting our Second Amendment rights and freedoms," stated GLOCK Vice President, Josh Dorsey.

But cash talks and the 2A walks?

Glock is an Austrian owned company... Gaston Glock is from Austria. What you have posted there is the US distribution center.

Funny you mention ownership of Glock Inc. Gaston Glock apparently does not own it.

Two Tales of Glock Ownership

Gaston Glock appears to have provided different descriptions of who owns his gun company in court proceedings in the U.S. and Luxembourg

Apparent discrepancies in how Gaston Glock has described ownership of his gun company and its affiliates suggest that the Austrian industrialist may have made misleading statements under oath in U.S. legal proceedings.

Transcripts reviewed by BusinessWeek of eight depositions given by Gaston Glock between 1993 and 1999 show that he testified repeatedly that he did not own—or did not know who owned—Unipatent. For example, in a Mar.18, 1998, deposition in a case called Shultz v. Glock in state court in New Jersey, Gaston Glock was asked by attorney George M. Vinci: "Do you know who owns Glock Inc.?"

"Glock Inc. is owned by Glock Austria and Unipatent," he responded.

"Do you know who the principals of Unipatent are, who owns the company?" Vinci asked.

"I don't know," Gaston Glock said.

"Do you have any ownership interest in that entity?"

"No."

http://www.businessweek.com/stories/2009-09-09/two-tales-of-glock-ownership

UNIPATENT IS A PANAMANIAN COMPANY - Owns 50% of Glock

Gaston Glock purchased a Panamanian shell company called Reofin International in 1987. Reofin then bought Unipatent Holding, a Luxembourg shell. Unipatent received a 50% stake in Glock's unit in the U.S., where the company generated the vast majority of its revenue.

Three other shell companies in Ireland, Liberia, and Curaçao were created to issue bills for various "services" to Glock headquarters in Austria and operating units in Latin America and Hong Kong. But these service firms "had no economic substance and were motivated by tax reasons," according to a confidential 92-page analysis of the Glock companies in 2002 by auditing firm PricewaterhouseCoopers. PwC had been retained by the provisional administrator of Unipatent appointed by the Luxembourg court. The PwC auditors found that the service companies' role appeared to be the shielding of profits from potential taxation in Austria, Latin America, and Hong Kong.

The Latin American and Hong Kong units, in turn, appeared to be used to extract profits from the U.S. subsidiary, PwC alleged—an assertion reiterated by the 2008 IRS complaint filed by Jannuzzo. American tax liability allegedly was artificially lowered by having pistols manufactured in Austria sold first to the Latin American and Hong Kong units and then resold for higher prices to Glock Inc. in the U.S. By inflating costs to the American subsidiary, this arrangement decreased the profits the subsidiary reported to the IRS, according to Jannuzzo.

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/09_38/b4147036107809.htm
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 4:24:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The big companies like Sig, Glock, and S&W all lack the testicular fortitude to follow suit.

This.  If an American company like S&W won't do it, there's no way in hell Sig, Glock, FN, or Beretta will.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 4:49:58 PM EDT
[#14]
I voted yes because I live in a fairytale land where my wishes become real life. However, no, there is no chance in hell...... I'm going to write a letter stating that I just bought 3 Glock pistols - 2 Glock 19s and 1 Glock 22 that I will sell if they continue sales to LEOs in anti-2A states.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 4:50:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

In the past when glock found out that a certain model or production run was fucking up they would recall police guns and try to refuse to fix civilian guns.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 4:53:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 4:53:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Lol @ 87% NO

- Clint
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 4:54:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 4:58:15 PM EDT
[#19]
hard to say, they won't take the step on their own, there would have to a lot of pressure from other companies who have taken similar moves. glock may be a foreign company but they do a massive business in the US.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 5:01:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
the members of my family i care enough about to arm..... wouldn't be getting a glock to begin with

I'm not goin there

I guess I've just got this fool hearty idea that there are more good men out there in uniform just trying to improve their communities and putting themselves in harms way in the process, out manned and outgunned by criminal elements, then there are tyrannical sons of bitches chomping at the bit to confiscate my firearms and put their boot to my neck.

It's an old fashioned notion.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 5:04:19 PM EDT
[#21]
I can only hope every manufacturer bans sales to banned states
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 5:10:24 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I hope so but I doubt it.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 5:12:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

the members of my family i care enough about to arm..... wouldn't be getting a glock to begin with

Well, thats plain stupid.

A Glock is what I recommend if someone new to firearms MUST have a semi auto, after I recommend them a 5 shot Smith and Wesson 357.

The shear simplicity of function, coupled with their bullet proof reliability, and lack of safety makes it a NO BRAINER in that situation.

Shit, being able to arm fucktards with no gun experience is probably one of the reasons they sell so good to cops, especially for the women who have never fired a gun before.

What "I" may do, is stop recommending ANY company, that doesn't start ending their sales to states with Uber armed LE, compared to "Citizens".

If fact, I know it doesn't mean much, but, I am stopping any sales to LE.  Where I am is moot anyway, as some fucking cop near me, got an FFL and they all go to his shop to swap blowjobs, war stories, and get all their guns at cost.

One local police force just bought AR-15's, and this guy was featured stating how he was selling them to them at cost.  I think somewhere in those laws, it says, "being in the business of buying and selling weapons for profit", and they shouldn't have an FFL in the first place, if its only to go around the system.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 5:18:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The big companies like Sig, Glock, and S&W all lack the testicular fortitude to follow suit.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 5:26:50 PM EDT
[#25]
If we keep the pressure on them and they start to notice the civilian market is 20 times larger than the Leo and military market or that US civilians buy about 70% of all new manufacture firearms worldwide they will be forced to give up a few Leo markets or they will have to downsize.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 5:28:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Law enforcement is the first line of defense for the people causing most this shit.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 5:32:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Barrett
Larue
Cheaper Than Dirt
Midway

Who's next?

It would be fucking stellar if this trend caught on industry wide.

The political elite getting pressure from LE agencies unable to easily resupply based on their irresponsible legislating would be a clusterfuck of tremendous proportions and soooo fun to watch.

Absolutly. Doubtful but would be great.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 5:33:29 PM EDT
[#28]
I wish. Almost every cop around me uses Glock
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 5:33:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think you're missing the point; manufacturers not selling to LEO/GOVT in states where civilians are prohibited is a great idea. Just like politicians being subject to the same bullshit laws that civilians are, NO special priviliges/double standard BS. Perhaps they would start to see the light....
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 5:35:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.  If an American company like S&W won't do it, there's no way in hell Sig, Glock, FN, or Beretta will.

This
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 5:37:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think you're missing the point; manufacturers not selling to LEO/GOVT in states where civilians are prohibited is a great idea. Just like politicians being subject to the same bullshit laws that civilians are, NO special priviliges/double standard BS. Perhaps they would start to see the light....

The point is they wont. They don't give a damn what the common folk have to say about the situation. Why do you think we're in this mess to begin with? They also don't care about the double standard because the double standard is in their favor.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 5:48:50 PM EDT
[#32]
ROFLOL
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 5:55:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The point is they wont. They don't give a damn what the common folk have to say about the situation. Why do you think we're in this mess to begin with? They also don't care about the double standard because the double standard is in their favor.

Which is why the double standard needs to be neutralized. They will think more when they also get burned.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 5:59:44 PM EDT
[#34]
While it warms my heart seeing this, part of me can't help but think "phony war".

Lets say that all manufacturers stop selling in ban states. Everything is quiet for awhile then another tragedy happens. The left would have a media field day talking about all of the evil corps who left the LEO's defenseless resulting in said tragedy. Next thing you know, the firearms industry is nationalized.

I honestly don't know how all of this'll play out.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 6:00:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Sounds like we need to boycott Glock until they themselves refuse to sell to LEO.  That goes for all guns.  Let's all stop buying guns from manufacturers who don't turn a cold shoulder to LEO.

Wait...that's exactly what they want...they want us to stop buying guns...
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 6:05:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Barrett
Larue
Cheaper Than Dirt
Midway

Who's next?

The political elite getting pressure from LE agencies unable to easily resupply based on their irresponsible legislating would be a clusterfuck of tremendous proportions and soooo fun to watch.

Yup.

Like I've said.  The ONLY way to curb a Dem's power is to hit them where they hurt the worst.  The wallet.  Kill their ability to spend or do or "change" things and you kill their momentum.  If they aren't fucking with something, they aren't "accomplishing" anything.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 6:05:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
i highly doubt it.  glock seems to be one of those companies that cares a lot more about mil and leo contracts than they do civy sales.

Yep. Kinda like that company with the funny dancing horse logo and the the one with named after Hershal Walker.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 6:08:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What about civilians?

Unless you're talking about Military Police; cops are civilians.

citizen vs. le sales numbers hugely favor the citizen side-but those sales are indeed driven by a desire to have what the cops do.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 6:09:07 PM EDT
[#39]
I don't think it will happen, but I will buy a Glock pistol if they do, and I'm pretty much a Glock Anti-fanboi.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 6:10:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I voted yes because I live in a fairytale land where my wishes become real life. However, no, there is no chance in hell...... I'm going to write a letter stating that I just bought 3 Glock pistols - 2 Glock 19s and 1 Glock 22 that I will sell if they continue sales to LEOs in anti-2A states.

Why would you sell something that you will just end up taking the loss on.  THEY ALREADY GOT YOUR $$$, they don't care about you anymore.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 6:13:06 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Barrett

Larue

Cheaper Than Dirt

Midway

Who's next?

Absolutly. Doubtful but would be great.

Not even doubtful. There's no fucking way.

.gov hands a blank check to any large supplier considering withdrawing from the public sector, end of boycott.

Fun to think about though.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 6:14:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

it's just about the money for them
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 6:17:08 PM EDT
[#43]
The major ones only think about the bottom line.....money!!!
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 6:23:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Yep, Their business model is built around it.

Sell the LE agencies and individual officers at really low prices. Use most used LE pistol status to market Glocks to everyone else at higher prices.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 6:34:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Not in this life...
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 7:21:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Looks like 87% of Arcom member think Glock will sell out out the 2A for profits.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 7:58:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Well, thats plain stupid.

A Glock is what I recommend if someone new to firearms MUST have a semi auto, after I recommend them a 5 shot Smith and Wesson 357.

The shear simplicity of function, coupled with their bullet proof reliability, and lack of safety makes it a NO BRAINER in that situation.

Shit, being able to arm fucktards with no gun experience is probably one of the reasons they sell so good to cops, especially for the women who have never fired a gun before.

What "I" may do, is stop recommending ANY company, that doesn't start ending their sales to states with Uber armed LE, compared to "Citizens".

If fact, I know it doesn't mean much, but, I am stopping any sales to LE.  Where I am is moot anyway, as some fucking cop near me, got an FFL and they all go to his shop to swap blowjobs, war stories, and get all their guns at cost.

One local police force just bought AR-15's, and this guy was featured stating how he was selling them to them at cost.  I think somewhere in those laws, it says, "being in the business of buying and selling weapons for profit", and they shouldn't have an FFL in the first place, if its only to go around the system.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:01:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

In the past when glock found out that a certain model or production run was fucking up they would recall police guns and try to refuse to fix civilian guns.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

I'm a shameless Glock fanboy, but nowhere near deluded enough to think the company gives one SINGLE tumbling fuck about non-LEO citizens.

ETA: though in fairness, Glock has given EPIC runarounds to police departments in the past as well.  Everyone remembers the clusterfuck of .40S&W guns not working with weaponlights, and Glock doing the most hilarious gyrations to avoid admitting the guns were problematic.  This is the circle jerk that gave us the band-aid retardation that was the 11-coil magazine spring, along with Glock telling entire police departments that every single one of their officers was 'limp-wristing'.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:11:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I hope so but I doubt it.

X10.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:20:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Barrett
Larue
Cheaper Than Dirt
Midway

Who's next?

Add Olympic Arms to that list.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top