Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:27:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Somebody got a ticket or had his dealer busted again.

Let me get on thing on the record about this.  In a perfect world there are three people that I think should be taken out back and shot just because they would serve a higher purpose as fertilizer.

Druggies/child molestors/DWI's/thieves/"Scam" Christians/bigots.  In short, scum.
Certain defense lawyers.
Reporters.

Belong to more than one category and we're NOT going to get along.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:31:58 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
If I ever have the need to file a complaint against an officer, it will be my attorney doing the paperwork.

Nice piece of chest-beating, but your attorney CAN'T.  You are the complainant, not him.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:32:07 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Let me get on thing on the record about this.  In a perfect world there are three people that I think should be taken out back and shot just because they would serve a higher purpose as fertilizer.

Druggies/child molestors/DWI's/thieves/"Scam" Christians/bigots.  In short, scum.
Certain defense lawyers.
Reporters.

There are a lot of good, honest people who have never done a thing wrong in their lives who feel that way about cops. Cops fear "reporters" and video cameras for the same reasons cockroaches fear lightswitches.

They know they can't operate as they have when they have to be accountable against the objective eye of a video tape. Can't lie about what happened when it's right there for everyone to see...
Those goddamned reporters and video cameras!
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:32:51 AM EDT
[#4]
As I was reading this, I was thinking: Is this an ARFcom fire mission?

Anyhow, the report on the news was awful and clumsily done (another case of media abuse), and the police putting out BOLO for the reporter was awful and clumsily done (another case of police abuse).  Here we have a scenario where two wrongs made a right!  I have to say, they deserve each other.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:33:07 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If I ever have the need to file a complaint against an officer, it will be my attorney doing the paperwork.

Nice piece of chest-beating, but your attorney CAN'T.  You are the complainant, not him.

I think what he meant was that that the attorney would be filing the complaint in court, rather than entertaining the farce that is an "internal police investigation".
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:33:12 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Incident/Offense Report

I doubt very seriously he was going to shoot anybody over a complaint form.

No, but he did unsnap the holster to his taser gun as a threat to make the person believe he would.  He followed the person out all the while trying to intimidate him and when the reporter turned to confront him he then told him not to take a step closer or he would see what happened.

Apparently its ok for a cop to intimidate people, but if a citizen tries to do anything to resist he gets tazed.

The asshole on the video gave all cops a black eye.  If they admitted it and cleaned it up, it wouldn't be an issue.

I'm not one of those people who thinks all cops are bad.  I have had mostly positive experiences with officers, even when they were giving me a ticket for speeding.  A few stepped over the line and I've never had to resort to filing a formal complaint, in every case I've callen and spoken to the officer in question about my complaints and felt satisfied with the results.  

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:34:50 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Certain defense lawyers.
Reporters.

You should add a forth to your list... corrupt cops.  Worst than certain defense lawyers or
reporters.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:35:04 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I/O Reports are filled out by an officer. Not something you hand to a person and bring it back later.

Well, that makes no sense
What if the officer that fills out the form is the one you want to complaint about?
Even in my small corporate world customer complaints are not handled by the customer service or the sales department but by the accounting/auditing department.

Complaints in your small corporate world are not used as the basis for charging someone with state or federal crimes.

A police "complaint form" is actually a sworn affidavit alledging specific illegal conduct. As for the "nasty old police officer wrote me a ticket" complaints, compose a letter.

That's why I like the I/O Report. It is a true legal document. The same document that will be used later on when the complaint is found to be false. Comes in real handy for that Filing a False Report charge.

Of which, I have personally participated in the investigation and arrest of 3 persons for filing false police claims.

sounds like you cops have the intimidation rackets down pat.
complain and we'll get you on something.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:36:17 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Certain defense lawyers.
Reporters.

There are a lot of good, honest people who have never done a thing wrong in their lives who feel that way about cops.

Quite possible, there are lots of bigoted/biased people around for one reason or another. (this board is daily proof of that)  But in 24 years of this line of work I have yet to meet one that did not have a "history"
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:38:00 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Certain defense lawyers.
Reporters.

guys like you sure make it hard to feel bad for them when a cop gets shot or dies in a wreck.
might want to include some of your cop buddies in that list there bub. from your posts, you are of the same mold as the scum you'd take out back and shoot.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:39:22 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Certain defense lawyers.
Reporters.

You should add a forth to your list... corrupt cops.  Worst than certain defense lawyers or
reporters.

Corrupt cops fit into the "Scum" category. But then, you already knew that.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:39:36 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I/O Reports are filled out by an officer. Not something you hand to a person and bring it back later.

What if the officer that fills out the form is the one you want to complaint about?
Even in my small corporate world customer complaints are not handled by the customer service or the sales department but by the accounting/auditing department.

Complaints in your small corporate world are not used as the basis for charging someone with state or federal crimes.

A police "complaint form" is actually a sworn affidavit alledging specific illegal conduct. As for the "nasty old police officer wrote me a ticket" complaints, compose a letter.

That's why I like the I/O Report. It is a true legal document. The same document that will be used later on when the complaint is found to be false. Comes in real handy for that Filing a False Report charge.

Of which, I have personally participated in the investigation and arrest of 3 persons for filing false police claims.

So if a person complains on LEO, fills out the complaint paper work stating wrong doing by the officer, and it is later proven the complaintant lied, the LEO should just forget about it?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:40:37 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I doubt very seriously he was going to shoot anybody over a complaint form.

No, but he did unsnap the holster to his taser gun as a threat to make the person believe he would.  He followed the person out all the while trying to intimidate him and when the reporter turned to confront him he then told him not to take a step closer or he would see what happened.

Apparently its ok for a cop to intimidate people, but if a citizen tries to do anything to resist he gets tazed.

I think this is the very attitude that makes people pissed.

If a customer comes into our office and wants to make a complaint about one of our employee in my department and I unsnap the holster to act as if I was going to draw down on the customer I bet I'll be sitting in the jail that night.  So why isn't that cop sitting in the jail that night?

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:41:21 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Certain defense lawyers.
Reporters.

guys like you sure make it hard to feel bad when a cop gets shot or dies in a wreck.
might want to include some of your cop buddies in that list there bub. from your posts, you are of the same mold as the scum you'd take out back and shoot.

Oh wow,a category #1 and possible Category #3 does not approve of me.  How will I ever face the world again?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:41:51 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So if a person complains on LEO, fills out the complaint paper work stating wrong doing by the officer, and it is later proven the complaintant lied, the LEO should just forget about it?

of course not, but it also seems that the burdon of proof can be raised at the whim of the police. and payback is also on your menu as a special.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:41:56 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
But in 24 years of this line of work I have yet to meet one that did not have a "history"

Oh, you've met plenty. They were just polite during your encounter. I'm not particularly fond of cops as i've yet to meet one who didn't strike me as being a bit dim, but I am still respectful of them as I am to anyone.
The moment they get badge heavy, my respect goes away.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:43:27 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Certain defense lawyers.
Reporters.

where do you put politicians and dirty cops on that scale?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:44:28 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

To a cop, there is no such thing as a "dirty cop" save for the most extreme of circumstances.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:44:46 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

of course not, but it also seems that the burdon of proof can be raised at the whim of the police. and payback is also on your menu as a special.

Sorry, I don't understand what you are trying to say.

As to payback. It's not payback when a person lied in a sworn statement and is caught in the lie. I don't see how that is payback.

Please expand your thoughts on this because I'm not following you.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:46:45 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Certain defense lawyers.
Reporters.

guys like you sure make it hard to feel bad when a cop gets shot or dies in a wreck.

Oh wow,a category #1 and possible Category #3 does not approve of me.  How will I ever face the world again?

if you are a detective, quit your day job now. as I am none of those in your list.I don't party, I don't drink, I'm not a child molester, thief, or scam christian/bigot or reporter. I'm just a citizen who ain't your subject.
funny you say above, corrupt cops are included in scum, yet in this thread about shitbags cops using threats and intimidation you left them off your list. how suprising.
want to see scum, look in the goddamn mirror.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:47:07 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

To a cop, there is no such thing as a "dirty cop" save for the most extreme of circumstances.

What do you mean? I know of State Trooper who had a habit of asking for sexual favors from young women he would stop. He was caught, charged, and convicted. I hate that it happened but I'm glad of the outcome. He tarnished his badge and mine.

ETA: Just to be clear. I had no idea of his bad behavior.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:47:26 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Certain defense lawyers.
Reporters.

Already answered.  See above.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:50:25 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So what if the police officer accuses me of something arrest me and I am found NOT GUILTY, will the officer just forget about it or should he be punished ?  Now, there is a difference so don't go ballistic. But some people make mistakes too.

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:51:39 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Certain defense lawyers.
Reporters.

if you are a detective, quit your day job now. as I am none of those in your list.I don't party, I don't drink, I'm not a child molester, thief, or scam christian/bigot or reporter. I'm just a citizen who ain't your subject.
funny you say above, corrupt cops are included in scum, yet in this thread about shitbags cops using threats and intimidation you left them off your list. how suprising.

You purposely left out "druggie". A label you have admitted to in the past.  That puts you firmly into category #1.  
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:52:06 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So what if the police officer accuses me of something arrest me and I am found NOT GUILTY, will the officer just forget about it or should he be punished ?  Now, there is a difference so don't go ballistic. But some people make mistakes too.

Did the Police Officer lie? If so, he should be punished.

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:53:50 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry, I don't understand what you are trying to say.

As to payback. It's not payback when a person lied in a sworn statement and is caught in the lie. I don't see how that is payback.

Please expand your thoughts on this because I'm not following you.

OK, the cop denies the charge, being as he is a cop he is given more leeway and thought to be honest in his words and duty , the complaint is dismissed as a they believe the cop more than you, so now you'll charge them with filing a false report. seems like payback to me.

again, cops lie and decieve for a living, legally. pretty hard to break a straight faced trained liar ain't it? doesn't mean the complaintant lied in my opinion, just means the cop as usual was thought to be better than those actions. as we have seen, cops get quite a bit of leeway even when they shoot an unarmed man.
make more sense now?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:54:30 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

For sure, folks make mistakes all the time.  Deliberate falsehoods on a sworn statement are not mistakes though.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:54:43 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
What do you mean? I know of State Trooper who had a habit of asking for sexual favors from young women he would stop. He was caught, charged, and convicted. I hate that it happened but I'm glad of the outcome. He tarnished his badge and mine.

That would be an extreme circumstance...

How about the cop who takes a little something "for himself" (a watch, pocket knife, some money, a really nice gun...) from a warrant search on a dope dealer... After all. No one would miss it and the dope dealer is a REALLY bad guy who sells dope to KIDS and the (watch, pocket knife, gun, money) came from dpoe money anyway.

Or a cop who might fib a little in court because he's just sure that the defendant is a "really bad guy" and he needs to  in order to bag the conviction.

Or a cop who strong-arms someone into a confession, because he's just sure that he really did it.

Or the cop who starts piling on tickets for very tenuous reasons because the person didn't grovel upon being pulled over...

Or a cop who arrests a 16 year old black kid waiting for his dad to pick him up from an uncles house on a bunch of fabricated BS like "loitering" and "vagrancy" (only to find out five minutes later when dad pulled up that he was indeed waiting for a ride and dad so happened to be a States Attorney- OOPS!)

Hell, in court, it's usually a race between the cops and the defendants to see who can lie more.

There is a dirty secret, and that secret is "cop culture"; the things that go on when you think no one's watching and the things you know you can get away with when it's your word against theirs.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:56:14 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Agreed, I am glad you saw the distinction between the two. If police complaints are file to harrass or cause problems then they should be punished. But .... On the other hand........ (You know the rest)
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:59:09 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Certain defense lawyers.
Reporters.

You purposely left out "druggie". A label you have admitted to in the past.  That puts you firmly into category #1.  

ahhhh yes, the pot I smoked 10+ years ago. ya got me.  we're talking about now I thought and it wasn't worthy of acknowledgement.

you on the other hand to this day can see scum every morning, in your mirror.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:59:40 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:03:37 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

OK, the cop denies the charge, being as he is a cop he is given more leeway and thought to be honest in his words and duty , the complaint is dismissed as a they believe the cop more than you, so now you'll charge them with filing a false report. seems like payback to me.

again, cops lie and decieve for a living, legally. pretty hard to break a straight faced trained liar ain't it? doesn't mean the complaintant lied in my opinion, just means the cop as usual was thought to be better than those actions. as we have seen, cops get quite a bit of leeway even when they shoot an unarmed man.
make more sense now?

You think just because a LEO denies the allegation then that is it? You are very wrong.

All three of the incidents of my complaints came into the PD, sat down with an investigator, filled out voluntary witness statements, the investigator filled out an I/O report to go with the statements, the witness signed statements swearing as to it being the truth.

Then the investigator came to me.

Tape recorder comes out and it is proven they were indeed lying. I then had to fill out a voluntary statement (same as the witness), an I/O report was filled out by the Chief, affidavit written up and all presented to a magistrate to get a warrant.

Hardly some type of payback.

ETA: Oh, I had to sign my own statement swearing it to be true.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:09:24 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That would be an extreme circumstance...

How about the cop who takes a little something "for himself" (a watch, pocket knife, some money, a really nice gun...) from a warrant search on a dope dealer... After all. No one would miss it and the dope dealer is a REALLY bad guy who sells dope to KIDS and the (watch, pocket knife, gun, money) came from dpoe money anyway.

Or a cop who might fib a little in court because he's just sure that the defendant is a "really bad guy" and he needs to  in order to bag the conviction.

Or a cop who strong-arms someone into a confession, because he's just sure that he really did it.

Or the cop who starts piling on tickets for very tenuous reasons because the person didn't grovel upon being pulled over...

Or a cop who arrests a 16 year old black kid waiting for his dad to pick him up from an uncles house on a bunch of fabricated BS like "loitering" and "vagrancy" (only to find out five minutes later when dad pulled up that he was indeed waiting for a ride and dad so happened to be a States Attorney- OOPS!)

Hell, in court, it's usually a race between the cops and the defendants to see who can lie more.

There is a dirty secret, and that secret is "cop culture"; the things that go on when you think no one's watching and the things you know you can get away with when it's your word against theirs.

Wrong doing is wrong doing. I'm not saying the things you have mentioned have never occured. I'm sure they have. I personally have never witnessed nor know of anything like what you have described.

But if the officer is caught breaking the law he should be punished. I have no problem with it.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:13:54 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

make more sense now?

You think just because a LEO denies the allegation then that is it? You are very wrong.

All three of the incidents of my complaints came into the PD, sat down with an investigator, filled out voluntary witness statements, the investigator filled out an I/O report to go with the statements, the witness signed statements swearing as to it being the truth.

Tape recorder comes out and it is proven they were indeed lying. I then had to fill out a voluntary statement (same as the witness), an I/O report was filled out by the Chief, affidavit written up and all presented to a magistrate to get a warrant.

if you got em on tape, it's easy to prove their guilty of that. I agree with you. (shocking, I know)
now, what was on tape in the video we're discussing, how's that look for the complaintant to you?
would you fire those officers who threatened berated and belittled "are you on medication" or intimidated the reporter?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:15:28 PM EDT
[#35]

Frank Jude Jr. suffered a brutal beating on a street in Milwaukee's Bay View neighborhood early Oct. 24. Surrounded by a dozen men, he was kicked repeatedly in the head, stripped naked and threatened with a knife, his attorney said.

Authorities knew right away who was involved, but more than three months later no one has been charged or even arrested.

The suspects? Off-duty Milwaukee police officers who claimed Jude stole one of their badges. The officers said they had to subdue Jude because he fought with them.

Witnesses tell a different story - that Jude didn't steal anything, that he wasn't resisting, and that the some of the crowd dragged him out of a truck and beat him maliciously.

ETA added the story just in case you didnt know who Frank Jude is
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:17:16 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/news/img/feb05/beating020605.jpg

I'm sure he did something illegal in his life
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:18:21 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

make more sense now?

if you got em on tape, it's easy to prove their guilty of that. I agree with you. (shocking, I know)
now, what was on tape in the video we're discussing, how's that look for the complaintant to you?
would you fire those officers who threatened berated and belittled "are you on medication" or intimidated the reporter?

I have not seen the video. I have read the transcripts. From what I read it is not something to be fired over. They need a good ass chewing from a sergeant on how not look to like a dumbass.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:20:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Come on guys, you're ok as long as your not a cute little chickie on roller skates...if you are a cute little chickie on roller skates...LOOK OUT!

Some large black officer is going to want to lay the smack down on you....
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:21:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Three Milwaukee police officers were charged with felonies Monday in the savage October beating outside a party in Bay View that left some worried a code of silence might thwart justice.

Doris Jude Porter, aunt of beating victim Frank Jude Jr., speaks Monday during a gathering outside Milwaukee Countys Safety Building led by Milwaukee Ald. Michael McGee Jr. Porter said she believed the police officers charged Monday should face hate crime charges.

Milwaukee police officer Andrew R. Spengler, 25, also appeared in court Monday. All three officers were freed on $5,000 signature bonds.

Andrew R. Spengler, 25: Party to the crime of substantial battery; up to 3 years in prison and $10,000 fine.

Daniel L. Masarik, 25: Party to the crime of substantial battery, second-degree reckless endangering, perjury: up to 19 years.

Jon M. Bartlett, 33: Party to the crime of substantial battery (use of a knife), second-degree reckless endangering (use of a knife): up to 22 years in prison and a $35,000 fine.

The charges brought some relief but also surprise that more off-duty officers from the party were not charged and that hate crimes were not among the offenses. The district attorney himself said he was not satisfied fully and said the investigation may add more defendants to the case.

The criminal complaint alleges disturbing new details about what Frank Jude Jr. endured on a street in Bay View: A gun was put to his head and a knife to his throat. He was kicked in the groin and head repeatedly and had a pen jammed in his ears, all with on-duty officers present. His pants were cut off and his underwear removed.

I had a freind who was beat by the cops. When he asked them why he was being punched in the back the Cop said "hey dont you remember taking a swing at me, Shut up or your getting another charge"
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:23:11 PM EDT
[#40]
remember not every cop had something to do with it, just who ever came up with the idea..
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:24:33 PM EDT
[#41]
What do you expect from High School/GED educated people given power and guns?

I have had negative contact with Officers plenty of times.  The way they acted in the video seemed some what normal in comparison to my experiences.

I have been ticketed twice for petty traffic violations but I have been pulled over for all sorts of "strange" reasons.  But all but a few times I was treated like a criminal.

I have even been followed home and when I was entering my apartment I was told to, "Please remain in the vehicle."  When I was 60' away from it,  with the keys in my hand,  opening my front door.  The car was even locked and I had to unlock it to get inside.

Police intimidation is standard in my experience.

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:27:00 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

I have had negative contact with Officers plenty of times.  The way they acted in the video seemed some what normal in comparison to my experiences.

I have been ticketed twice for petty traffic violations but I have been pulled over for all sorts of "strange" reasons.  But all but a few times I was treated like a criminal.

I have even been followed home and when I was entering my apartment I was told to, "Please remain in the vehicle."  When I was 60' away from it,  with the keys in my hand,  opening my front door.  The car was even locked and I had to unlock it to get inside.

If you keep having run ins with the law it might just be you and not them.

YMMV
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:27:02 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

make more sense now?

I have not seen the video. I have read the transcripts. From what I read it is not something to be fired over. They need a good ass chewing from a sergeant on how not look to like a dumbass.

an ass chewing huh? I gotta say I'm again not suprised.
you should watch the video. the transcripts are great, but don't show the cop following the reporter out and unsnapping the holster or the other officers either, watch them (2) then get back to me on the question if you would.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:28:07 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

make more sense now?

you should watch the video. the transcripts are great, but don't show the cop following the reporter out and unsnapping the holster or the other officers either, watch them (2) then get back to me on the question if you would.

What would be your punishment and why?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:30:46 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you keep having run ins with the law it might just be you and not them.

YMMV

I must be guilty of something.  I must be a bad person.

Or maybe...

Having dark colored skin and wearing a stocking cap is probable cause.

Having visible tattoos doesn't help either.

but I can have these things without consequence because I am a law abiding citizen and a respected member of the community.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:32:00 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Three Milwaukee police officers were charged with felonies Monday in the savage October beating outside a party in Bay View that left some worried a code of silence might thwart justice.

Doris Jude Porter, aunt of beating victim Frank Jude Jr., speaks Monday during a gathering outside Milwaukee Countys Safety Building led by Milwaukee Ald. Michael McGee Jr. Porter said she believed the police officers charged Monday should face hate crime charges.

Milwaukee police officer Andrew R. Spengler, 25, also appeared in court Monday. All three officers were freed on $5,000 signature bonds.

Andrew R. Spengler, 25: Party to the crime of substantial battery; up to 3 years in prison and $10,000 fine.

Daniel L. Masarik, 25: Party to the crime of substantial battery, second-degree reckless endangering, perjury: up to 19 years.

Jon M. Bartlett, 33: Party to the crime of substantial battery (use of a knife), second-degree reckless endangering (use of a knife): up to 22 years in prison and a $35,000 fine.

The charges brought some relief but also surprise that more off-duty officers from the party were not charged and that hate crimes were not among the offenses. The district attorney himself said he was not satisfied fully and said the investigation may add more defendants to the case.

The criminal complaint alleges disturbing new details about what Frank Jude Jr. endured on a street in Bay View: A gun was put to his head and a knife to his throat. He was kicked in the groin and head repeatedly and had a pen jammed in his ears, all with on-duty officers present. His pants were cut off and his underwear removed.

I had a freind who was beat by the cops. When he asked them why he was being punched in the back the Cop said "hey dont you remember taking a swing at me, Shut up or your getting another charge"

to protect and serve alright. themselves, what are the odds that a few of those off duty cops were drunk, walked out and got in their car and drove home with their buddies on duty  standing there watching?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:34:34 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

make more sense now?

Simple... Fire them.
If I had a customer service rep who yells at customers then that person obviously does not belong in the customer service field.  A cop who threatens an innocent person obviously does not belong in the law enforcement field.

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:37:45 PM EDT
[#48]
As people gathered on the porch, the women urged Jude and Harris to get in the truck, which was quickly surrounded by 10 to 15 people, said Antonissen, 23, also a college student. They all identified themselves as officers but didn't show identification, screaming that a badge and a gun had been stolen and demanding that they get out, Antonissen and Brown said said. There is no mention of a stolen gun in police reports.

Antonissen said she suggested they call 911 so she could be sure they were really police, but the screaming continued.

Then one man broke a headlight on Antonissen's truck, which prompted Brown to exit the truck. Antonissen followed. The women aren't clear on what happened to Harris, but both remembered that Jude was pulled out of the truck by his legs.

One man took Antonissen's keys and another took Jude's keys. Authorities later found his Saturn vandalized: the seats cut, outside mirror broken, antifreeze poured in the back seat and stereo equipment broken.

How did that happen?

A woman who said she was an officer searched Brown and Antonissen and their purses, they said.

Meanwhile, Jude and Harris were confronted by several men, their attorneys said.

One cut Harris' face with a knife and told him turn around to be assaulted with the knife, said his attorney, Bishop. Harris, who didn't return a call for comment, broke free and ran. He was arrested later and booked into the jail on suspicion of theft, which has not been pursued by prosecutors.

Spengler held Jude in a headlock against a car while the men shouted questions and punched him, said Antonissen, who estimated she was 15 feet away. Then Jude went to the ground on his stomach with roughly 12 men around him, all kicking and punching him as his arms were held behind his back, the women said.

"I couldn't watch very much of it. Men were just kicking him. You could see blood shooting out. I have never seen anything like it. It was disgusting. I hate thinking about it," Antonissen said, tears forming in her eyes.

The police report indicates that Jude fought the off-duty officers and later the uniformed officers, refusing to put his hands behind his back. Antonissen and Brown said that's not true.

"They had his arms behind his back the whole time," Brown said. "There was nothing he could do."

McCann said officers can use "reasonable force" to subdue someone, but added, "I don't think anyone could contend what happened here was reasonable."

Antonissen called her mother and then 911 on her cell phone. On the recorded calls, her voice ranges from indignation to hysteria.

The off-duty officers warned each other that police were on the way, Antonissen said. The first squad car, with officers Joseph Schabel and Nicole Martinez, arrived at 3 a.m., and Sgt. Corstan Court arrived a minute later, police records show. At the same time, Antonissen was talking to an emergency operator.

On the tape, Antonissen said the responding officers beat Jude, too. In the interview, Antonissen said she doesn't recall that but said it was a chaotic situation and trusted what she told the 911 operator.

Schabel, Martinez and Court did not return calls seeking comment for this story. Messages were conveyed to them through their commanders, said Schwartz, the department spokeswoman.

McCann declined to say whether the on-duty officers, who he noted were less experienced than the off-duty police, are being investigated.

At one point on the tape of the 911 call, Antonissen tells the operator one of the officers is trying to get her off the phone.

"He's stealing the phone from me," Antonissen says. "They're twisting my arm."

A man says, "Hang up the phone."

"Hello?" the operator says.

Then the line goes dead.

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:41:22 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Simple... Fire them.
If I had a customer service rep who yells at customers then that person obviously does not belong in the customer service field.  A copy who threatens an innocent person obviously does not belong in the law enforcement field.

All of them in the report or only the one who had the taser/holster issue?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:45:49 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

make more sense now?

a few of them fired at the very least for the threatening and mistreatment of that complaintant. I'd also fire the one for unsnapping his holster after following the complaintant outside and down the sidewalk for sure. seems an easy case of terroristic threats to me. they'd lock up some bitches boyfriend for that in a heated discussion wouldn't they ?as I said, I'd have taken that a a threat to my life by a overzealous cop who followed me to the street instigating a situation so he could pull it.
watch the video.

edited in red.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top