BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:08:35 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

A 15 year old 8th grader.   That is definitely the South Texas where I grew up.

i am going to say good shoot.

we did not loose a great mind with this kid.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:13:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
MY BABY DIDN'T DO NUFFIN!!!!!!!!!

More probably-

mi bebé no hacer nada
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:14:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its in "The Valley" so its actually pronounced "MI BEBÉ NO HACER NUFFIN"

Damn you, late again....
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:17:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Pathetic.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:18:40 AM EDT
[#5]
deadly force continuum. glad the LEO's are ok. fuck the kid.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:21:29 AM EDT
[#6]
This thread will contain herp AND derp before it's all said and done.

More info is required...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:22:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Would like to know if he threatened any one with it or someone just saw it and called police on him.

x2

According to CBS affiliate KENS, police say officers shot the student after he pointed a gun at them.

News Link
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:22:40 AM EDT
[#8]
15 years old and in 8th grade ??  That's not right...I was a Sophomore in Highschool at 15.  If the kid was 15, in 8th grade, it means he was a delinquent right there...add in the handgun *AT* school and I am not surprised.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:25:19 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

15 y/o––––––-> 8th grade?

There was a 17 year old 7th grader where I taught...  

She wasn't retarded or anything either.

depends on your definition.....

In my school district you couldn't start school until you were six years old on September 1st.  My birthday on September 12th meant that I didn't make the cut, so I started kindergarten at six, then promptly turned seven.  In 8th grade, without being held back, I started at 14, then turned fifteen a few days later.  That being said, I never brought a firearm to school, so I'm doubting the smart was actually with the kid who got shot.

In the state of IL you aren't legally required to send your child to Kindergarten until they are 7. Most are enrolled when they are 5 though.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:32:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
15 years old and in 8th grade ??  That's not right...I was a Sophomore in Highschool at 15.  If the kid was 15, in 8th grade, it means he was a delinquent right there...add in the handgun *AT* school and I am not surprised.

One less we taxpayers have to pay to keep off the streets. Works for me.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:38:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're both wrong.

"mi hijo no hizo nada!"

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:41:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're both wrong.

"mi hijo no hizo nada!"

That's the third time this has made the thread, translation differing slightly of course.....
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 11:33:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Would like to know if he threatened any one with it or someone just saw it and called police on him.

x2

According to CBS affiliate KENS, police say officers shot the student after he pointed a gun at them.

News Link

He aparently took the pellet gun to school, punched another student in the nose in class and refused to drop the pellet gun when the cops arrived.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 3:16:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 3:17:47 PM EDT
[#15]
13 is the normal age for a 8th grader isnt it?
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 3:19:41 PM EDT
[#16]
I guess he had it CUMMINGS to him.........

IBTL
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 3:28:15 PM EDT
[#17]
This was a good shoot.  After listening to the recorded call it is clear to me that the cops did not want to shoot this kid.  They told him to drop the gun or place it on the ground at least 10 times.  
I think it is a horrible situation but it seems to me like it might be suicide by cop.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:03:34 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

If this threads lasts long enough, somebody will go on about how the cops should have just tased him, tackled him, or OC'd him instead of shooting him.

Nope he had a gun that looked real and refused to put it down...  I say shoot him into the ground...  Cops had a good shoot on this one.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:10:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
15 y/o––––––-> 8th grade?

That's what I was wondering...
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:11:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I dont speak spanish but this quote should be in spanish since it was Brownsville.  

And for the record if my kid was in the school and some other kid is waiving a gun around, the police better be shooting him/her ASAP.  In todays world, if you walk in a school and waive a gun around, you should know you will be shot.  No questions asked.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:16:11 PM EDT
[#21]
i heard the kids dad on the news.  I came away with - "What a moron".
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:34:04 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

13 is the normal age for a 8th grader isnt it?

It was when we were kids. It's more and more common to be 14 in 8th grade around here these days though. Many parents are holding their kids back so they can do better in sports due to the age difference.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:00:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Perhaps the silicon chip inside his head got switched to overload?

And he didn't like Mondays.

Really? I heard he had a case of them.

What you did there. I saw it!

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:43:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:
If this threads lasts long enough, somebody will go on about how the cops should have just tased him, tackled him, or OC'd him instead of shooting him.

Nope he had a gun that looked real and refused to put it down...  I say shoot him into the ground...  Cops had a good shoot on this one.

But that isn't going to make it any easy for some of them. Logically they know they did what they needed to do, but emotionally this one will by tough for some of them considering it ended up being a pellet gun.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top