Page / 3
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 11:16:19 PM EDT
[#1]
chicago.  That is all I needed to see.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 11:21:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
OK kids, next time there's a violent shooting at your school, barricaded suspect with hostages, or high risk warrant that needs served, we will just love the criminal's illegal guns from them, hope for a peaceful resolution, and change their habits and behavior to convert them to peaceful law abiding contributing members of society.

These HIGH POWER EVIL WEAPONS have no place in the hands of law enforcement.

F'kin retards.

Let the people of Shitcago own and carry their own firearms and maybe I'll care. Until then, and as long as the Shitcago PD keeps pushing the notion that guns are only for people in uniform then they can fuck right off!

I read an article in a magazine recently that made an interesting point.  

A woman lived in a non concealed carry friendly area.  She made the choice to carry illegally.  When the author questioned her reasoning, she said "it is easier for my husband to get me out of jail than out of the grave."

Also I fail to see where the Chicago PD presses for gun control laws.  There is no reference to their stance on gun control in this article and I guess my google fu is weak because I wasn't able to find any there either.

I think that particular issue is primarly the fault of the elected officials, local representatives, and liberal media which is more or less some representation of the citizens.

In conclusion I'd like to say FUCK CHICAGO
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 11:25:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
So no private citizen can buy a hand gun in Chicago .

They can't buy register or store an AR

What can they purchase there?

shotguns and hunting rifles?
NOPE..cant register them

without jumping through hoops you are F'd IN Chicago

Yep, and it HAS helped reduce crime- not.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 11:29:41 PM EDT
[#4]
So, what do they need a .308 AR sniper rifle for? I thought almost anything in Chicago that can shoot a bullet is illegal? If guns are banned, that means the criminals can no longer access guns right? So what do they need this sniper rifle for????
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 11:32:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have a problem with it only because the average citizen in Chicago cannot even have a pistol for self defense.

What does that have to do with arming the cops??

Because it's hypocrisy, why is the answer to stop crime for one group, no guns, and the answer for the other group, more guns?

@Interceptor_Knight
The average citizen???
The average citizen can afford 15,000$ for a full auto ar-15???  The average citizen is capable/willing to go jump through all the hoops of class iii???
Thats BS, but what is true is that any "average citizen" can become a cop...
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 11:36:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
OK kids, next time there's a violent shooting at your school, barricaded suspect with hostages, or high risk warrant that needs served, we will just love the criminal's illegal guns from them, hope for a peaceful resolution, and change their habits and behavior to convert them to peaceful law abiding contributing members of society.

F'kin retards.

Let the people of Shitcago own and carry their own firearms and maybe I'll care. Until then, and as long as the Shitcago PD keeps pushing the notion that guns are only for people in uniform then they can fuck right off!

I read an article in a magazine recently that made an interesting point.  

A woman lived in a non concealed carry friendly area.  She made the choice to carry illegally.  When the author questioned her reasoning, she said "it is easier for my husband to get me out of jail than out of the grave."

Also I fail to see where the Chicago PD presses for gun control laws.  There is no reference to their stance on gun control in this article and I guess my google fu is weak because I wasn't able to find any there either.

I think that particular issue is primarly the fault of the elected officials, local representatives, and liberal media which is more or less some representation of the citizens.

In conclusion I'd like to say FUCK CHICAGO

I read an article where a guy who illegally owned a handgun in Chicago (because handguns are banned in Chicago, not because he was a true criminal) shot a burglar in his home after he had been broken into several time. The police arrested him and he was prosecuted for illegal possession of a handgun (since all handguns are banned). The Illinois State Legislature passed a law against prosecuting people who use "illegal" handguns in their homes for self defense, and as I recall the Chief of the CPD bemoaned how much more dangerous this would make it for police in Chicago.

The police in Chicago regularly perform gun buy backs and the like. They even have a special unit that is dedicated to hunting down people who inadvertently let their FOIDs expire, confiscating their guns and prosecuting them of illegal possession of a firearm. I forget the name of the squad off hand. Also, don't forget that Chicago is the city that sued and won in federal court to get records from the FBI and BATFE on ALL multiple gun purchases EVERYWHERE in America so that they can "hunt down unlicensed dealers flooding Chicago with illegal firearms". Make no mistake about it. The CPD is VERY anti-gun. After the Heller Decision, the NRA sued Chicago over their handgun ban and the Mayor got together with the City Attorney to find a way to repeal the ban while making it as tough as possible for citizens to own handguns. They are talking about "safe storage" requirements, gun owner's liability insurance and forbidding the CPD from responding to calls at homes where there are guns because of the risk to officers. Yeah, real gun friendly town. How gun friendly do you think that the Chief, his assistant chiefs and captains are?
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 11:38:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Soooo the teens want only the CRIMINALS to have high powered weapons?
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 11:38:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
"When they shoot these [the bullets] can come into your house and shoot your kids."

Bullets that shoot bullets - What a cool idea!

Bullets that shoot bullets who break down your door, find your kids, smack your wife on the ass, then shoot them all!
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 11:43:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Chickens, roost, etc.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 11:45:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Soooo the teens want only the CRIMINALS to have high powered weapons?

"Assault Weapons" are banned in Chicago. How in the world would criminals have them, and since the criminals don't have them then why in the world would the police need them? Come on man, use your head!
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 11:58:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:27:13 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm just glad to see some place that is actually worse than the NJ!!!!

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:43:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Just a few more things I thought I'd add.
The entire reasoning behind the extended arming of LE in Chicago is that the gangs have acquired heavy fire power and the cops are nearly defenseless.  Two issues arise from this, 1st, just by saying that, you are forced to indirectly admit that chicago's strict pro gun control laws have done NOTHING to disarm criminals or make dealing with gangs any safer.  Isn't that the entire bullshit purpose of those strict gun laws, keep guns out of the hands of criminals?  Other problem is now gangs are strapped and the citizens are disarmed.  How on god's green earth does make anything safer?
This entire fucked up situation shows the fundamental flaws in the very idea of gun control.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 2:05:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
In April police Supt. Jody Weis said he wanted to equip all of the department's officers with the high-powered weapons as part of an overall crime-fighting strategy, arguing that officers are outgunned on the streets.

But handguns are illegal and it's damn near impossible to have a decent long gun, how can this be?

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 2:20:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
"When they shoot these [the bullets] can come into your house and shoot your kids."

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/6278/26043917rz2.gif

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 2:27:53 AM EDT
[#16]
How often are the police out gunned?  Seriously?  I'd think you'd be hearing a lot more stories like the North Hollywood Shootout.  If this is such a problem we should see a lot more stories.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 2:38:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The "teen" who made those stupid fucking comments needs to be fucking chocked.

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 2:49:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/TGrayman/vaderchock.jpg

Oh damn, I smell another "FOING" trend with this post.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 3:55:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
How often are the police out gunned?  Seriously?  I'd think you'd be hearing a lot more stories like the North Hollywood Shootout.  If this is such a problem we should see a lot more stories.

Historically, your average patrol officer has been one generation of weapons development behind what the bad guys have had access to.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 3:56:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Hilarious.  That's what you get for indoctrinating people to believe that guns are bad.  I hope this the beginning of a trend.

yep. i always get a chuckle out of these bits of news. big anti-gun department in anti-gun city spends years talking about how baby-killing "assault weapons" need to be banned to "get them off the streets". big anti-gun department in anti-gun city decides to equip officers with better tools, SHOCKED when people protest about them owning baby-killing "assault weapons".

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 4:08:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

If making stupid comments results in being choked, you'd be joining him in his asphyxiation.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 4:23:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The entire reasoning behind the extended arming of LE in Chicago is that the gangs have acquired heavy fire power and the cops are nearly defenseless.  Two issues arise from this, 1st, just by saying that, you are forced to indirectly admit that chicago's strict pro gun control laws have done NOTHING to disarm criminals or make dealing with gangs any safer.  Isn't that the entire bullshit purpose of those strict gun laws, keep guns out of the hands of criminals?  Other problem is now gangs are strapped and the citizens are disarmed.  How on god's green earth does make anything safer?
This entire fucked up situation shows the fundamental flaws in the very idea of gun control.

Now don't try applying logic to it, after all it is for the children!

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 4:26:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 4:27:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Build a huge dome over Chicago. Lock it. Throw away the key.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 4:30:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 4:30:23 AM EDT
[#26]
woaaa you are telling me my .223 round will bust through a brick wall and selectively find its target? Where do I get that ammo...Fucking retard.

In conclusion

Fuck Chicago.

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 4:31:20 AM EDT
[#27]
It's funny, the little bastards only see the cops as dangerous, not the gangsta-wannabes that carry AK's...  The cops are trying to bolster their armament to try to COMPARE to the thugs running around on the streets...  Yet we're still outgunned...
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 4:31:41 AM EDT
[#28]
The hypocracy is strong in Chicago.

*Insert Nelson voice*

HA-HA!

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 4:31:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The anti-gun propaganda that the City of Shitcago has been pushing for decades, INCLUDING THEIR PD, is coming home to roost. Couldn't have happened to a bigger group of assholes in my opinion.

I am behind these protesters 110%. If you shoot an armed burglar in your home in Shitcago they will prosecute you to the fullest extent of the law. Now the PD doesn't understand why people are afraid of the police having M4s. Poor guys. I almost feel bad about this backlash...ALMOST!

I don't feed bad about it at all.  It should be made clear to government and police that if the advocate disarming the victims, the victims will demand their disarmament in turn.  I wouldn't trust Shitcago PD with a rolled-up newspaper –– they might find some way to intimidate an innocent person into death row with it.

Not that suburban police are any better, as the puppycide in Park Forest demonstrates.  And if anyone remembers Phil Foglio's Buck Godot comic, that character was based on a Hoffman Estates police officer.  Not exactly a poster child for justice.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 4:32:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 4:35:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The logic is that these weapons come from outside of Chicago, which is why federal gun controls are needed.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 4:36:06 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 4:42:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:10:59 AM EDT
[#34]

You know... just to keep 'em from rolling away and all...
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:14:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Indeed.

Chock the shit outta 'em.

http://www.aceshelf.com/images/chocks.jpg

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:14:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Very important note to self......Never, never, never even think of visiting Chicago (like I enjoyed the last time I was there)......I really don't need a visit to a Communist state/city on my record

Brian
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:18:24 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Fine with me.

Cops are citizens too.

Except citizens cannot have them in Chicago.

I am against the police having ANY guns that regular people can't.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:18:26 AM EDT
[#38]
i guess this should not suprise me, people by nature are morons...the mom loads the kids into the car over to the rally and has the kids hold up signs...

if you cant trust the men in blue with protecting and serving who can you trust?

and the next time some nut case starts shooting with their ak, ar or similar because they were fired, lost their net worth in the market, are getting forclosed on...whatever...what are the police going to do? pull out sling shots and shoot frozen pea's at the bad guys?
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:20:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
It's OK for the average citizen to have a select fire full auto, but place one in the hands of a LEO and they instantly become dangerous?  

Uh, no.  It's obviously not OK for the average citizen to have select fire full auto, because they're essentially banned. (I consider full auto priced out of the reach of virtually everyone to be a de facto ban).

Citizens in Chicago can't own this rifle, or a pistol.  Why should the police get them?

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:20:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The logic is that these weapons come from outside of Chicago, which is why federal gun controls are needed.

As long as a few guns are still available to ordinary citizens in some remote corner of the world, this same "logic" will continue to be cited as an excuse for the failure of gun control.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:21:31 AM EDT
[#41]
This is awesome.

Now we'll have Chicago cops on record defending the safety record of AR rifles.

Keep it up, idiot teenagers!
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:22:44 AM EDT
[#42]
he wanted to equip all of the department's officers with the high-powered weapons

Does he mean this?

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:31:22 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

F'kin retards.

Maybe if the students, citizens could arm and defend themselves there wouldn't be an active shooter.  Police are citizens as well and not above the law.

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:31:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Bullets that shoot bullets - What a cool idea!

Thanks for reminding me ... I have to go check my ammo to make sure none wandered off in the middle of the night to go kill children.

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:34:20 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Chicago gun laws aside....

Where do you find 100 losers to protest police arming themselves with AR-15's?

Who are these "teens" and why does this motivate them?

ACORN coordinated ... "get out the teen" effort..

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:34:37 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As long as a few guns are still available to ordinary citizens in some remote corner of the world, this same "logic" will continue to be cited as an excuse for the failure of gun control.

Yup, pretty much.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:36:31 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Yeah... I guess that would keep them from "rolling" anywhere...

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:38:15 AM EDT
[#48]
i am totally against the police having these legally while the average, non fucking criminal citizen is banned from having them
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:39:29 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
It's OK for the average citizen to have a select fire full auto, but place one in the hands of a LEO and they instantly become dangerous?  

The problem is that for many LEO's, its not OK for citizens to have these rifles. Fair's fair.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:47:02 AM EDT
[#50]

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top