Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 9:36:10 AM EDT
[#1]
You know what the liberals are going to say right?

'The only possible answer to this atrocity is to punish law abiding americans and reinact the AWB!'

Its because of asshats like that loser who is going to get it all taken away from us someday im afraid.

Link Posted: 3/9/2005 9:43:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I only got one thing to say...

thats gonna leave a mark...

Link Posted: 3/9/2005 10:17:16 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You know what the liberals are going to say right?

'The only possible answer to this atrocity is to punish law abiding americans and reinact the AWB!'

Its because of asshats like that loser who is going to get it all taken away from us someday im afraid.

I cant wait to hear about how if GW would have pushed the AWB this tragic accident may never have had to be....
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 10:29:03 AM EDT
[#4]
To twist CampBob's tail (if he ever comes back) "Never bring an AK to a pistol fight."

CW
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 10:36:19 AM EDT
[#5]
can't wait to see the video.

Chris

Link Posted: 3/9/2005 11:06:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Looks like the Toughbook survived. Those things really are tough..mine was issued used and looks like it was run over a couple of times.

I guess that is one way to get a new Patrol Car. Glad everything turned out okay...
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 11:22:34 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Wow.  That is some crazy shiat!  Hats off to the cop.  I'd buy him a beer.

Nice shootin' Tex!

I want him to teach me how to do that.  Not all that many people win a rifle battle with a pistol!!!
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 11:24:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Pull somebody else over and smart off to them.

you could be next.
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 11:45:08 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Looks more like an Indian attack.

Link Posted: 3/9/2005 11:54:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for posting the excellent pics.

Glad the officer is safe.

The officer showed *great* restraint in not killing the perp.
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 11:56:26 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I'm sure he was not considering wether or not the violator died.....  purely luck this darwin canidate survived...

Link Posted: 3/9/2005 11:56:49 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Don't it though?
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 12:01:57 PM EDT
[#13]
The dash cam video ought to have been running since it was a traffic stop. I want to see that one.

Thank God the officer was able to think on his feet, shoot straight and stay safe!
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 12:02:11 PM EDT
[#14]
almost looks like ricochets came back and dented the hood upwards too.
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 12:14:45 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Seconds later, Kennedy then allegedly took out an assault-style rifle out of his Toyota Corolla and emptied 30 rounds from an AK-47 and then from a .9mm handgun, Starr said.

Kunz, hidden behind his cruiser, managed to fire off 16 shots, three of them hit Kennedy in the back and neck. Kennedy was listed Friday in serious condition at Brooke Army Medical Center..

Good work officer.  

PLUS 1  
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 12:28:50 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/9/2005 12:30:08 PM EDT
[#17]
double post
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 2:20:53 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
free air conditioning

No there speedhole's. THey makes the car go faster !
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 2:26:27 PM EDT
[#19]
That cop is definately meant for something more.
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 2:42:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 3:02:44 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Great pics and love the aspect the officer with a handgun takes down the badguy with the AK, however as usual the details leave me dazed at what the hell happened to begin with.

Its not like someone allows themself to get pulled over so they can then start a firefight nor is it like a cop to hang back and wait on some guy to get his AK out of car and shoot at him.

Sure would like to know the story.  

Eihterway it sure was one hell of alot of rounds flying around and glad I wasn't near by and the anti's will have a field day.  

Tj

I have a very disturbing video of something very similar to that actually happening.
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 3:13:57 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm sure he was not considering wether or not the violator died.....  purely luck this darwin canidate survived...

According to the news article, the officer shot 16 rounds of 9mm at the perp, striking him with three bullets. This is why I prefer the high capacity of 9 mm over larger diameter bullets; under stressful conditions even the best pistol shot in the world may miss a few times before he hits what he's aiming at.

YMMV
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 3:35:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Well I can put 16 rnds of .40 out of my Glock 22..... Id rather have my .40 than a 9mm.
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 5:46:18 PM EDT
[#24]
tagged in case video appears
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 5:59:03 PM EDT
[#25]
I count 30+ holes, all in places the officer never was situated during the encounter. The narratives say the shooting started after the officer got out of the patrol car. I assume he didn't get back in till the shooting was over. Doesn't look like a whole lot of effort was put into shooting the policeman. I wonder if this was a suicide by cop gone awry.
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 6:01:19 PM EDT
[#26]
WOW glad he is ok.
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 6:07:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Wow ! Sounds like the guy was a real tin Foil wearing crazy kook !

Link Posted: 3/9/2005 6:22:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Wow, glad the officer is okay. Sounds like this guy is definately one that will hurt gun owners.......another perfect example for the anti-gunners to jump on........
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 6:54:56 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I count 30+ holes, all in places the officer never was situated during the encounter. The narratives say the shooting started after the officer got out of the patrol car. I assume he didn't get back in till the shooting was over. Doesn't look like a whole lot of effort was put into shooting the policeman. I wonder if this was a suicide by cop gone awry.

Note the holes through the headrest, and adjacent prisoner screen. Also not that the windshield has a mess of bullet holes on the driver side, a couple in the center, and 1 on the passenger side.

Take a look at the hood, a bunch of holes on the drivers side, driver's side tires flat, and driver's side fender shot up. A couple in the radiator.

Also the spotlight is shot up.

I think the perp mistook the seat/headrest for the officer. Those headrests make it difficult to tell if the car is occupied or not. Not to mention all the light from the spotlight, headlights, and takedown lights making it difficult for the shooter to see into the car.

In other words I think you impression is wrong. The perp was shooting to kill the officer, and disable the vehicle.
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 7:05:08 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Note the holes through the headrest, and adjacent prisoner screen. Also not that the windshield has a mess of bullet holes on the driver side, a couple in the center, and 1 on the passenger side.

Take a look at the hood, a bunch of holes on the drivers side, driver's side tires flat, and driver's side fender shot up. A couple in the radiator.

I think the perp mistook the seat/headrest for the officer. Those headrests make it difficult to tell if the car is occupied or not. Not to mention all the light from the spotlight, headlights, and takedown lights making it difficult for the shooter to see into the car.

In other words I think you impression is wrong. The perp was shooting to kill the officer, and disable the vehicle.

I agree.

Although this guy is a scumbag, he was intelligent. He disabled the vehicle, tried to kill the occupants, and even shooting out the light (assuming it was dark).

However, it's also good to see that 3 9mms entered his body.
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 7:19:12 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree.

Although this guy is a scumbag, he was intelligent. He disabled the vehicle, tried to kill the occupants, and even shooting out the light (assuming it was dark).

However, it's also good to see that 3 9mms entered his body.

It's a terrible thing that happened. I'm glad the officer came out okay. I do have to agree that the perp was a pretty good shot, though. Placement of his shots were almost perfect. I say they are both lucky to be alive after this one.. Cop didn't get hit, BG got hit 3x, still survived. Someone was watching out for BOTH of them that night. Fucker needs to fry for this..just my opinion
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 7:41:13 PM EDT
[#32]
wow. I hope the officer comes through this mentally the best he can.   The perp must have been nuts and then some.
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 7:54:42 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Or the guy just doesn't like Crown Vics.....
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 8:27:06 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Or the guy just doesn't like Crown Vics.....

That's kinda how it looked to me - like a symbolic nutjob deal, sorta like the jilted husband who shreds & burns his wife's clothes, photos, et c. He shot the crap out of the car, he shot the crap (apparently pretty damned well aimed) out of where a policeman "would" sit in the car, but didn't shoot the policeman. I suppose it's possible that he was shooting more or less blind and assuming the officer was in the driver's seat, but SHIT! it looks like 4 shots into the headrest. That's pretty fancy shooting for a non-soldier under the adrenaline load I get from a traffic stop, much less the load I'd have on if I were wound up enough to be shooting at a police car.

I suppose it's possible that he didn't know/couldn't see where the policeman actually was, but I find that difficult to square with the shot placement.
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 8:33:10 PM EDT
[#35]
11:30 pm

police car with

Hi-beam on
2 takedown lights
1 3,000,000 candlepower spotlight

Makes it tough to see into the interior of the police car.

The 20-40 ft range from shooter to police car should make it a chip shot with a rifle.
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 8:34:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Wow!  Glad the officer is ok and was able to return effective fire!  I hope they release the video!
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 8:34:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Wait, wait a minute....did the guy get killed with a PUNY 9mm?  I thought those things didn't work?  
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 8:37:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Damn
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 8:40:12 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Wait, wait a minute....did the guy get killed with a PUNY 9mm?  I thought those things didn't work?  

No, no, no. What took the guy out was the lump in his throat and the shit in his pants after he dumped 30+ rounds of 7.62 X 39 into the engine and passenger compartments of the car, and then heard the officer say "You're under arrest." The 9mm bullets were a coup de grace administered to spare him from living with his embarrassment.

I will say this: whether he thought he was shooting the cop or not, if I did that, and found out that the policeman was still there, I would cry like a little girl, because that policeman proved he has bigger balls than I do.
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 10:13:58 PM EDT
[#40]
it seems to me that the cops tactics won and the bad guy's shooting ability with the AK had little to do with it.

2 - 3 car lengths with an AK?   Come on...

the existence on the 9mm holes in the crown vic indicate to me that the shooter emptied the AK and hit FUCK ALL...  stood static and emptied his gun into a vehicle to no effect.  then transitioned to his pistol and still didn't hit shit.  

I would wager the officer wasn't a participant until after the rifle fire was finished.  He moved to cover and used that cover to keep himself safe and then engaged the bad guy when it was in his interest to do so.  and he won the fight.

but that is just me being a MMQB.

Link Posted: 3/9/2005 10:36:57 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

I thought he was still alive? .40 woulda put him in the dirt
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 10:40:23 PM EDT
[#42]
DOH!  I misread....

.40 huh?  What about the cat that got shot by the cop with a .40 cal?  
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 10:41:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 10:55:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 11:01:33 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
good grouping.

+1
Surprising.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 7:07:13 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

The guy was shot 3 times and no he was NOT killed and is in stable condition.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 3:11:14 PM EDT
[#47]
This thread is worthless without V I D E O

Glad the good guy won!
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 3:17:15 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Great pics and love the aspect the officer with a handgun takes down the badguy with the AK, however as usual the details leave me dazed at what the hell happened to begin with.

Its not like someone allows themself to get pulled over so they can then start a firefight nor is it like a cop to hang back and wait on some guy to get his AK out of car and shoot at him.

Eihterway it sure was one hell of alot of rounds flying around and glad I wasn't near by and the anti's will have a field day.  

Tj

I have a very disturbing video of something very similar to that actually happening.

Can you post a link to it? Is it the one with the BG shooting a machine gun out the rear window of their vehicle into the following LEO car?
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 3:24:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Looks like the bullets going through the window deflected a bit (headrest trajectories are going up)
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 6:05:51 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tj

Can you post a link to it? Is it the one with the BG shooting a machine gun out the rear window of their vehicle into the following LEO car?

It's on VHS, One of my training tapes I make all my rookies watch.  Sorry no link.  It's the tragic end of Deputy Kyle Dinkheller's life.

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top