Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:09:12 AM EDT
[#1]
State police and Garland County officers were apparently looking for a “miracle” supplement that claims to help treat cancer and other illnesses. The product is not illegal and can be purchased online
View Quote

How can one obtain a search warrant to search for a non illegal substance, seems to me this family just hit the jackpot, it won't be swat banging down the door next time it will be teams of lawyers wanting to sue the police department on their behalf.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:10:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:11:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Cps report I bet  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So, in Arkansas they can get a search warrant to look for stuff that's legal to own?
When miracles are outlawed...

Finally someone actually addressing the premise of the raid being a problem.

I'm not sure exactly what the premise of the raid was. I'd like to know exactly what brought them to the attention of the police, and what brought the cops to their door. Article really doesn't address that.
Cps report I bet  

The ones that get conveniently faxed to the detectives' office at 4PM with a big MANDATORY SAME DATE REORT when CPS is now out of the office for the weekend. It happened like clockwork.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:12:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

How can one obtain a search warrant to search for a non illegal substance, seems to me this family just hit the jackpot, it won't be swat banging down the door next time it will be teams of lawyers wanting to sue the police department on their behalf.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
State police and Garland County officers were apparently looking for a “miracle” supplement that claims to help treat cancer and other illnesses. The product is not illegal and can be purchased online

Bleach isn't illegal, forcing your kids to drink it most likely is illegal.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:19:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Sounds legit to me, seriously.

Just another case of overzealous CPS.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Stanley said that he actually doesn’t use MMS as a health product, and does not serve it to his children, but rather, uses it is a water purifier for his garden.

Sounds legit to me, seriously.

Just another case of overzealous CPS.  

MMS = $24.95 a bottle.
Bleach = $2.00 a bottle.

Sounds legit.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:21:10 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

What a weird fucking article.

View Quote

Are they the Stanley family or the Christian family?

What the fuck did religion have to do with that story?

Click bait?

It's sensationalism, because you have all of these nutty Christian, anti-gov, gun-owning, prepper types trying to enjoy freedom.  If there weren't any pictures I'm sure they would have also mentioned that they are a White family.

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:24:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The one that doctors hate?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm sure it's all a conspiracy between "big pharma" and the FDA to get that product pulled before the truth is exposed!!!!!!

Find out the truth Glenn beck and give it to us after the next commercial break!!

Gr
I'm still waiting to find out about this one weird trick.....

The one that doctors hate?

This miracle drink could be it!!!

Gr
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:26:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Lol

Gr
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:33:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:38:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Sounds like a fishing expedition for child abuse. An illegal fishing expedition. I bet someone dropped a dime on the man for child abuse.

Regardless, the "signed order" is horse shit.

Judges need to be held accountable.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:40:27 AM EDT
[#11]
I thought the story was odd so I did some interweb stuff.

http://www.wnd.com/2015/01/7-homeschool-kids-stolen-by-sheriffs-deputies/

She said the dispute started a month earlier when an anonymous caller complained about the family allowing the children to be barefoot.

When an investigator arrived, “We showed her some of the ’200 and something’ pair of shoes and told her (actually the kids told her) how it was their preference to go barefoot and that it was like a tradition to briefly run out in the snow barefoot and take a picture of the footprints.”

Then weeks later, “several people showed up at our door, all obviously here for the investigation and we welcomed them in.”

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2015/01/7-homeschool-kids-stolen-by-sheriffs-deputies/#7cPrutXzE7ZpLpKQ.99
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:59:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Weird article, and weirder story.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:02:11 AM EDT
[#13]

This just makes me glad I didn't buy a case of that "One weird trick that increases muscle mass 345%".  Or one of those red boxes that cut my energy costs by 567%.

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:43:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Only ARFCOM the site of liberty and freedom will we focus on the article not being Pulitzer prize material rather then the point of the article where 7 children were allegedly kidnapped from the parents home with no probable cause and nothing illegal found.  and if the story is true the original intent for the raid for a legal substance should be kind of concerning I would think.

but hey lets over look that part because the article is poorly written
View Quote

or better yet, those that say they want a reliable source.....like the NYT, or CNN, or ABC, or Time, etc.  

Some people will never learn.  Even those right of center.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:43:56 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

One state investigator’s answering machine on Monday said he was out of
the office Oct. 13-17 and would return the following week.

This was back in OCTOBER and there's no facts out about what really is going on? ..... Really?

ETA:  Seems the barefoot story is from Oct., the MMS is from Jan 12th.

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:49:03 AM EDT
[#16]
WND......
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:52:10 AM EDT
[#17]
In.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:57:08 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
What about the premise of the raid?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What a weird fucking article.

Are they the Stanley family or the Christian family?

What the fuck did religion have to do with that story?

Click bait?
Bingo.

Its the "i am a victim because of what I am" mentality.

Really, no different than people assuming mike brown was killed just because he was black.

I hope its derpy journalism, and not the family itself.

What about the premise of the raid?

Im not sure , but I'd bet many of the 'powers-that-be' were irritated by the fact they home-schooled their 7 children .

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:59:18 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Homeschooling?  Preppers ? Christians?

That's a Trifecta. Take the kids their obviously in danger.

Welcome to the now fundamentally changed America.
View Quote

That.

Im no Christian , and no longer listen to Beck like I used to , but that right there is the sorry truth of it.

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:59:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I think the blaze just copies shit off the net and reposts whatever fits their political program.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Man, that was terribly written story.

I get it badly written article.  Any reason you have no comment on the events in the article?
Its fucked up, if true.

I think the blaze just copies shit off the net and reposts whatever fits their political program.  

STATIST
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:05:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The blaze published an article that ruger was cooperating with gun grabbers based on the claims of some piece of shit gun grabber. I contacted ruger who said the scumbags came to the office with a news crew and dropped off some pamphlets and ruger ignored them

I contacted the author of the article and told him that, never heard back from the guy, fuck Glenn Beck
View Quote

Glen Beck
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:10:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:21:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Wait wut?

All this time I thought you were Glenn Beck.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The blaze published an article that ruger was cooperating with gun grabbers based on the claims of some piece of shit gun grabber. I contacted ruger who said the scumbags came to the office with a news crew and dropped off some pamphlets and ruger ignored them

I contacted the author of the article and told him that, never heard back from the guy, fuck Glenn Beck

Wait wut?

All this time I thought you were Glenn Beck.

Aimless and Glenn Beck have never been seen together in the same room.  There's rumors that Beck smells of rancid cod fish.  Think about those things.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:24:16 AM EDT
[#24]
People give MMS as a remedy to treat everything from autism to AIDS. It's not only taken orally but also in enema form.  There is absolutely no evidence that it works, and there is evidence that it can cause some nasty side effects. If pouring bleach in your kids ass = freedom, that word doesn't mean what you think it means.  Unfortunately in all of these stories that start at places like Medical Kidnap or the like, they have an advantage in creating outrage: CPS and the cops cannot divulge details of what happened to the minors.  You cannot assume the parents are telling the truth every time. The dad looks like a shady ass creeper (what is he, 80?) and refers to the collective law enforcement as "the sheriffs" so you know he's a fucking retard. The mom has the crazy eyes, too. Homeschooling and religion had jack to do with this, they're in fucking Arkansas. If they weren't homeschool and Jesus friendly, the Duggars would be getting raided all the time. Wait until they've had court to have outrage, there's more to this for sure.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:31:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:32:42 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:35:53 AM EDT
[#27]
I have two friends that homeschool large broods.  Oddly enough, they're not paranoid nor subscribe to feeding their kids bleach and they....have never been raided.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:37:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Why do you hate freedom bro?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
People give MMS as a remedy to treat everything from autism to AIDS. It's not only taken orally but also in enema form.  There is absolutely no evidence that it works, and there is evidence that it can cause some nasty side effects. If pouring bleach in your kids ass = freedom, that word doesn't mean what you think it means.  Unfortunately in all of these stories that start at places like Medical Kidnap or the like, they have an advantage in creating outrage: CPS and the cops cannot divulge details of what happened to the minors.  You cannot assume the parents are telling the truth every time. The dad looks like a shady ass creeper (what is he, 80?) and refers to the collective law enforcement as "the sheriffs" so you know he's a fucking retard. The mom has the crazy eyes, too. Homeschooling and religion had jack to do with this, they're in fucking Arkansas. If they weren't homeschool and Jesus friendly, the Duggars would be getting raided all the time. Wait until they've had court to have outrage, there's more to this for sure.

I remember the Medical Kidnap outrage from November where this crazy bitch's kids got taken "because she had an unassisted home birth and was breastfeeding her toddler and newborn twins." Well, they left out that the dad, Cleave Rengo (a prototypical white trash name if I've ever heard one), was beating the shit out of her and had a warrant for skipping anger management from the last time he kicked her ass.  They lived in a one bedroom residence with his dad, a bipolar off his meds who has recently been institutionalized and I'm sure is just as sweet as his fuck trophy. She was treating the toddler's eczema with probiotics instead of steroids because I'm sure "gut health" or some bullshit.  The twins are fucking tiny because there's not enough coming out of her tits to sustain three lives and she refused to supplement.  Oh and her unassisted home birth? Yeah she didn't even know she was having twins because she also had no prenatal care.

if Medical Kidnap breaks the story, wait for it to come before a judge because it's probably bullshit.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:38:27 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I have two friends that homeschool large broods.  Oddly enough, they're not paranoid nor subscribe to feeding their kids bleach and they....have never been raided.
View Quote

Crazy how that works, right? It's almost like homeschooling has nothing to do with the raids or something.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:40:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Crazy how that works, right? It's almost like homeschooling has nothing to do with the raids or something.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:42:49 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:44:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:46:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

What does that have to do with the story in the OP?

Are you implying that this guy was giving his kids bleach enemas and beating them? Do you have any proof of this?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I remember the Medical Kidnap outrage from November where this crazy bitch's kids got taken "because she had an unassisted home birth and was breastfeeding her toddler and newborn twins." Well, they left out that the dad, Cleave Rengo (a prototypical white trash name if I've ever heard one), was beating the shit out of her and had a warrant for skipping anger management from the last time he kicked her ass.  They lived in a one bedroom residence with his dad, a bipolar off his meds who has recently been institutionalized and I'm sure is just as sweet as his fuck trophy. She was treating the toddler's eczema with probiotics instead of steroids because I'm sure "gut health" or some bullshit.  The twins are fucking tiny because there's not enough coming out of her tits to sustain three lives and she refused to supplement.  Oh and her unassisted home birth? Yeah she didn't even know she was having twins because she also had no prenatal care.

if Medical Kidnap breaks the story, wait for it to come before a judge because it's probably bullshit.

What does that have to do with the story in the OP?

Are you implying that this guy was giving his kids bleach enemas and beating them? Do you have any proof of this?

The Blaze copied and pasted the whole article from Medical Kidnap, the same bullshit site that posts shit like this on a regular basis. Do I have proof that he was giving his kids bleach enemas? No, I'm not in the Arkansas court system.  The cops likely did have proof of that or something else going on, due to the fact that it is coming from such a bullshit source, you have to wait for their court date for the other 2/3 sides of the story to emerge.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:49:41 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:51:01 AM EDT
[#35]
As someone who lives in AR, DHS fucks up, ALL THE TIME. If the dad is not using that MMS crap on his kids, and no other indications of abuse, then the kids should not have been taken. I also did not like the way the investigation was done.

If this is over kids being barefoot in the snow, just long enough to take pics, then why in the fuck is DHS not concerned about all the kids going to school with no coats and warm clothes when it's below 32 outside???
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:51:05 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Only ARFCOM the site of liberty and freedom will we focus on the article not being Pulitzer prize material rather then the point of the article where 7 children were allegedly kidnapped from the parents home with no probable cause and nothing illegal found.  and if the story is true the original intent for the raid for a legal substance should be kind of concerning I would think.

but hey lets over look that part because the article is poorly written
View Quote

the writing makes a difference, because writers are in the business of selling stories for profit.  if an article is written in an odd way (to put it charitably), one tends to wonder about his credibility.  and there should indeed be more to the story.  for example, there was no mention of what aroused police interest in the first place, and how the police knew the 'substance' was there.

add to that the substantial quoting of WND, and the whole thing smells fishy.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:53:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I would assume the cops got a report the fucking idiot was feeding his kids bleach also. Sounds like it was child protective who took the kids.  It's fucked up that they can take the kids for 72 hours without court intervention. The cops were there because I am sure he's known as a kooky recluse prepper dude.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol so he fed it to his kids.  Are you privy to more information?

I mean I know you are a big opponent of any product not government approved, but if the article is accurate and the raid was executed based on the fathers purchasing of a legal product, should that be a bit concerning?
I would assume the cops got a report the fucking idiot was feeding his kids bleach also. Sounds like it was child protective who took the kids.  It's fucked up that they can take the kids for 72 hours without court intervention. The cops were there because I am sure he's known as a kooky recluse prepper dude.  

It's not Bleach you dolt
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:54:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:55:33 AM EDT
[#39]
Wait a minute... There were ARMED deputies!!!!!!  Holy shit!

ETA: I bet this also happened in broad daylight.

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:56:05 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:57:15 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

It's not Bleach you dolt
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol so he fed it to his kids.  Are you privy to more information?

I mean I know you are a big opponent of any product not government approved, but if the article is accurate and the raid was executed based on the fathers purchasing of a legal product, should that be a bit concerning?

It's not Bleach you dolt

The product contains essentially the same ingredient as industrial-strength bleach before "activation" with a food-grade acid.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:58:01 AM EDT
[#42]
One day, the gubmint is going to fuck with the wrong parents' kids...
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:58:07 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I always make sure to bleach my garden.
View Quote

You do realize that tap water is filled with chlorine, right?
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:59:07 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Cps report I bet  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So, in Arkansas they can get a search warrant to look for stuff that's legal to own?
When miracles are outlawed...

Finally someone actually addressing the premise of the raid being a problem.

I'm not sure exactly what the premise of the raid was. I'd like to know exactly what brought them to the attention of the police, and what brought the cops to their door. Article really doesn't address that.
Cps report I bet  

they were preppers...
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:00:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Agreed, oddly written.

Too bad too. I had hopes for "The Blaze" but it appears to be heading off the same derp cliff as WND.
View Quote

Heading?

They were born on that cliff
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:07:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:30:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:45:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Will they get a warrant to find the neat trick drivers in their area are using to save on car insurance?
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:52:43 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Holy shit, it's 28% sodium chlorite!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Holy shit, it's 28% sodium chlorite!

And it's ONLY $100 for 25 liquid ounces!!

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 3:29:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
And the kids will be orphans  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
One day, the gubmint is going to fuck with the wrong parents' kids...
And the kids will be orphans  

absolutely.

better to submit and let your kids get taken away and go through the courts.  just HOPE you get your kids back and HOPE your kids don't get sexually abused in foster care.  those are small prices to pay so that the Authorities can do their job.

it worked out well for the Pelletier's.  I mean she was only kidnapped for what 16 months.  Shit, that's easy time.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top