BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 6:58:32 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I, for one, like my dopers smelling minty fresh.
hey congrats NorCal you just got siglined.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 6:59:23 PM EDT
[#2]
It'll be hilarious when a doper buys one of these and does a line if breath mint.."Holy shit man-this must be good shit. Feel the burn?"
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 7:01:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
that would be a crime.  Read up on the analogue act.  It doesn't matter if its real drugs or not, if you sell it under the pretense of it being real drugs, you're still breaking the law.

So if I sell my son's toy Uzi will I be prosecuted under NFA?

What if I sell an AR15 but put a sticker on it that says "Full Auto, motherfucker"?  Would the ATF charge me as though it were actually a machinegun?  Oh wait, don't answer that - bad example.

I agree, the law is ridiculous, but i'm not the one who came up with the idea.  You know by now that drugs laws don't make any more logical sense than gun laws.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 7:12:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I for one want some.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 7:15:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
that would be a crime.  Read up on the analogue act.  It doesn't matter if its real drugs or not, if you sell it under the pretense of it being real drugs, you're still breaking the law.

What if I sell an AR15 but put a sticker on it that says "Full Auto, motherfucker"?  Would the ATF charge me as though it were actually a machinegun?  Oh wait, don't answer that - bad example.

I agree, the law is ridiculous, but i'm not the one who came up with the idea.  You know by now that drugs laws don't make any more logical sense than gun laws.

Agreed.  I'm not sure which are more of a joke though, drug laws or gun laws.

Link Posted: 12/4/2007 7:48:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ETA: Those are spot-on for dope bindles.  I don't know about all the "gloify" or other crap... but finding those in a pocket would raise my eyebrow.

+1  whomevers pocket i find those in (provided they're not in a box) would be in invetigative detention until i tested em.

This is the real issue.

Should they be "banned"? Of course not.

Might a law abiding person find themselves detained after a traffic stop when the officer sees one of these little blue plastic bindles full of a fine white powder sitting on the passengers seat? Yes.

Thats the issue. Decent people getting detained over a lawful item that through a mistake on the part of the manufacturer greatly resembles cocaine and cocaine packaging.

Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:00:24 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
and id bet they would freak at my zip lock baggie of oregano i keep in my cooking shelf.

I brought a ziploc bag of oregano to class one day as a visual aid for a presentation I was giving. I had three guys offer to buy it off me before I even got to the class.

Shoulda sold it and told the prof that I forgot my visual aid.

"But that guy was desperate for oregano, apparently..."
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:04:15 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

a toy uzi or an ar15 arnt drugs, or being sold under the pretense of being drugs. This law is specific to drugs and "like substances." An energy drink was pulled from the shelfs becasue it was called "Cocaine." Its not right, but its the law

Edited to add: The energy drink wasnt pulled just for being called "Cocaine" but because someone (courts? FDA? i dont remember) decided that language on the can amounted to marketing the energy drink as a "legal alternative to a controlled substance"

So you're saying I can't legally sell self-help DVDs called "Ditch The Drugs, And Get High On Life"?  Because, well, legal anything is a legal alternative to a controlled substance.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:11:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Yes I think the police are right. BAN EVERYTHING THAT THE DRUG WORLD (manufacturers, sellers, users) USES. Lets start with cars, cell phones, gold, money, guns, words, codes (no more 10 codes), etc.

The statement makes police look ignorant of reality. Guess large chromed rims need to go also.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:14:03 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I don't really give a crap, but they do have a point.  I bet it's no mistake they look like little bags of cocaine.

But a plastic bag does not start to liquify in you had, these things are just like thin strips of breath freshener. All the officer has to do to check it is hold it for 30 seconds, if he has a sticky mess on his hands he needs to walk away and get a moist towel.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:24:11 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ETA: Those are spot-on for dope bindles.  I don't know about all the "gloify" or other crap... but finding those in a pocket would raise my eyebrow.

+1  whomevers pocket i find those in (provided they're not in a box) would be in invetigative detention until i tested em.

Even though now you're aware such a product exists, wrapped in a blue packet?

yes, because prior to this product being released i was aware that dope is dealt in such packaging.  Therefore since i cannot be sure what it is, wouldn't the prudent thing be to test it, and determine the owners guilt or innocence?

Or is that too logical for the anti-cop crowd?

Remember you are guilty until proven innocent in a court of law.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:26:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Have bags of flour or containers of dried oregano offended anyone?
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 10:22:38 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Have bags of flour or containers of dried oregano offended anyone?

A friend of mine got detention for having a bag of oregano in high school. (he liked to put it on the crap ass so called food the school served).
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 10:33:30 AM EDT
[#14]
I hired an old fart once, who while going through another guys desk came upon some "Goodies" powders.

The way this stuff was packaged, it looked like cocaine to an old fart.  He says "I don't go for this kind of shit" - like I'm some druggie that he just busted.

I laughed at him, and informed him that what he had discovered was a headache medicine.  Then I listened to him gasp for some B.S. reasons why he was in a desk drawer he had no business being in.

In retrospect, it was a good thing he came to me first - or I would have had some drug investigation - all over "Goodies Headache Powder".  I don't use the stuff - never heard of such until I moved here to the south.

Link Posted: 12/5/2007 10:46:55 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

yes, because prior to this product being released i was aware that dope is dealt in such packaging.  Therefore since i cannot be sure what it is, wouldn't the prudent thing be to test it, and determine the owners guilt or innocence?

Investigating what is actually in your possession when it indeed looks like a package of drugs is not a trial, nor is it unreasonable.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 12:26:58 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Investigating what is actually in your possession when it indeed looks like a package of drugs is not a trial, nor is it unreasonable.

Never said anything about unreasonable, but you reinforced my statement. Thankyou very much for proving my point. From what you justed typed you assume someone is guilty right off the bat.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 12:36:36 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I don't really give a crap, but they do have a point.  I bet it's no mistake they look like little bags of cocaine.

Naaaaa.......I'm sure it's just a harmless coincidence
(it's not like product packaging is a billion dollar science)
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 1:27:10 PM EDT
[#18]
How do they feel about candy cigarettes and bubble gum cigars?

Colonel Hurtz
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 5:39:09 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Never said anything about unreasonable, but you reinforced my statement. Thankyou very much for proving my point. From what you justed typed you assume someone is guilty right off the bat.

so if i found someone in possesion of something that had a 50/50 shot of being drugs or candy, you'd prefer I let them go, even though it's not my job to determine guilt or innocence?
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 7:00:42 PM EDT
[#20]
What do I think?
I think 90% of folks are too damn thin skinned these days.

Link Posted: 12/5/2007 7:03:52 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
How do they feel about candy cigarettes and bubble gum cigars?

Colonel Hurtz

I think they make you look cool.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top