Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 2:52:38 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
The NRA SUCKS,  They will sell us out quicker than shit for the sake of the pure hunters.  I've seen it time and time again, and I've never talked to a hunter thought the NRA was full of gun nuts and to extreme.

That said, no one else is doing a better job, so they get a yearly check from me for 3 memberships plus some extra.

I agree and I'm a Life Member of the NRA.

Could GOA do a better job with the same funding?
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 2:56:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Lifer.

Danny
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 2:56:25 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The NRA SUCKS,  They will sell us out quicker than shit for the sake of the pure hunters.  I've seen it time and time again, and I've never talked to a hunter thought the NRA was full of gun nuts and to extreme.

That said, no one else is doing a better job, so they get a yearly check from me for 3 memberships plus some extra.

I agree and I'm a Life Member of the NRA.

Could GOA do a better job with the same funding?
It would take a few years of similar funding.  The NRA has the right lobbyists in place.  The "who the fuck are you" mentality will be around for awhile concerning the GOA I think.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 3:01:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Trying to compensate for all the "We need more money." phone calls?

NRA is a cash generating BUSINESS....they are more interested in selling NRA purses and golf tee's then actually helping gun owners.

You didn't pay much attention to the NRA funded defense that won Parker v DC, did you. Those defendants didn't pay all those legal fees...
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 3:02:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Trying to compensate for all the "We need more money." phone calls?

NRA is a cash generating BUSINESS....they are more interested in selling NRA purses and golf tee's then actually helping gun owners.

You didn't pay much attention to the NRA funded defense that won Parker v DC, did you. Those defendants didn't pay all those legal fees...

The NRA did that?
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 3:41:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Have you forgotten the whole debacle about George H W Bush resigning his life membership over LaPierre's "Jack-Booted Thugs" comment?

How about the John Kerry pheasant hunting photo ops, specifically designed to get "fudds" to ignore NRA political recommendations?
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 3:45:39 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
reverse psychology?

it's just simple truth -

you got 50 million gun owners in the USA

according to the "hardcore" ARFCOM NRA bashers, only Fudds belong to the NRA.

This implies that there are 4 million Fudd idiots belonging to the NRA and 46 million awesome extreme hardcore commandos (tm) who will not compromise, etc.

The truth is that you got 4 million stand-up guys willing to part with 35 whole dollars a year to defend their gun rights and you got 46 million guys who are dead weight.

The 46 million are made up of fudd hunters and extreme commandos.  They are useless.

It's always been that way.

If those kind of guys never joined in the past, and we're doing fine with out them, I guess we don't need them.

Most hunters will not join the NRA unless their gun club forces them to.

And the extreme commandos are just hopeless...  the arguments they present sound like something a 14 year old would come up with.

Why the hell should you guys break you ass trying to convince a fudd or extreme commando to join?

It's a waste of time arguing with them, we don't need them, we never have needed them, and maybe we're better off with out them.

I agree, except that I think the number of gun owners is closer to 80 million. Of course I would bet half of those people are the "1 gun" gunowners and as such couldn't care less about gun rights.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 3:46:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Or, a prime example that the NRA is an organization of PEOPLE, controlled by MEMBERS that RESPONDS to its MEMBERSHIP and their obvious interest and support of something.

Isn't capital lettering fun?

Would you prefer the NRA continued to be against it, even after the case went to court?

Big letters to counter a big lie.

And they changed their position after they were out outmaneuvered at every turn.  Not because of their members.

No, I would not prefer that.  But I would prefer if various NRA members stopped lying and claiming Parker was them all along.

As in "Yeah, we opposed it!  But we were wrong."
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 3:47:40 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Let me know when the NRA stops spending time and attention on laws about dogs being tethered, or spayed/neutered.

As long as stuff like that is a priority for the NRA, it's clear they have plenty of money for their 2A activities, and that they don't need any more from me.

In other words, you will let someone else foot the bill for the fight.

Obviously they have enough to "foot the bill" for 2A issues if they have extra money to devote to dogs.  So I'm not letting anyone else "foot" any bill.

If they don't have all this extra money, then WTF are they doing wasting it on non-2A issues?
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 3:48:17 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The NRA pushed for a legislative repeal of the DC ban, not a legal approach.

The NRA is much more of a legislative lobbying group than a legal action group.

AFTER they lost control of their attempt to hijack parker.  AND because a legislative over turn would have made Parker, a case with NATIONAL implications moot.  

Local law overturn  <   national ground breaking case in favor of the 2nd.

DEFENSE  not offense.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 3:49:38 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Have you forgotten the whole debacle about George H W Bush resigning his life membership over LaPierre's "Jack-Booted Thugs" comment?

How about the John Kerry pheasant hunting photo ops, specifically designed to get :fudds" to ignore NRA political recommmendations?
Does any of that change what I said?  No, it doesn't.  You may now go attempt to pawn off your holier than thou attitude on others.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 4:10:14 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
what i dont get is:

why the hell are we even negociating on regulating the 2nd amendment

the 2nd amendment is just that...yet it seems the best way to "preserve'' our rights is to allow them to be barted with by allowing some "minor" gun control in favor of something more major...all of which is in itself wrong  

My guess is, lack of education.

Oh Snap!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top