Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 5:43:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Some jackass would still mark em for $600+ at a gunshow (assuming they are semi, much more otherwise)
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 5:49:24 PM EDT
[#2]
We recovered 2 that looked like those from what was possibly a drug drop, both of them had surface rust very similar to these, and they both worked.

The chrome lined bores were not damaged and the carriers cycled back and forth.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 5:58:13 PM EDT
[#3]
If you melt an AK down to a puddle of molten metal.  Then throw some water on it.  It will still fire.

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:00:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I recall soemone on this board found an AK in a lake (or swamp or whatever) checked to make sure it was not stolen, and had it running in no time, though it did look like ass
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:01:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would not trust my life to them thats for sure.

I also wouldn't let someone try and shoot me with one of them on a bet.

LOL, boy is that spot on!

Bill
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:10:10 PM EDT
[#6]
my guess is they were wet when put in the evidence bags and result is what you see.......... most likely looked normal when the pirates had them.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:13:19 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm going to cut the seatbelt out of my car and use it as a sling
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:39:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Who knows how long those rifles had sat in an evidence bag before the picture was snapped.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:44:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Wait Wait Wait!

I can see it now, Shot Gun News will have this picture on the cover with a whole section dedicated for WAIT FOR IT HERE IT COMES!

Ever wanted to feel the high seas and own your on piece of history?  Yes you can!  Here in this do it youself article that goes for eight pages on how you too can own your very own Somali Pirate AK!

First you will need to buy this at the low low price for ONLY $800 Romanian SAR.  Then you will need to spend another $100 dollars on Dura Cote finish which I am sure they are already mixing the sea salt spray rusty nasty look for your look alike Somali Pirate gun!

BUT WAIT!  No pirate gun from the high tech world of Somalia is complete without a seat belt!  You can buy the whole kit Romanian SAR, special edition of Dura Cote finish and the frayed seatbelt from Somalia for the LOW LOW PRICE OF $1000 DOLLARS!

ACT NOW AND RECIEVE YOUR VERY OWN SOMALI WARLORD BANDANA as a special introductory offer.

Remember, act now and be the first on your street to drive your restored Technical truck with your Somali Pirate AK and bandana!  LIMITED QUANTITIES!
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:50:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Biohazard bags? Did these pirates have the swine flu?
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:52:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm willing to bet they work just fine. We're talking about AK's for gods sake. AN AK works. Period. Maybe not 300 meter accuracy, but by god it will work when you pull the trigger.

Not if you saw it in half
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 7:03:48 PM EDT
[#12]
And to think that I was worried about  some slight surface inside my Gastube on my Bulgy
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 7:04:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
We recovered 2 that looked like those from what was possibly a drug drop, both of them had surface rust very similar to these, and they both worked.

The chrome lined bores were not damaged and the carriers cycled back and forth.

Were they full auto?
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 7:06:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Wow, I didn't know the Somali pirates buy parts kits from Florida Gun Works and assemble their own guns...
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 7:13:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I was surfing the net the other day when I came upon this picture of weapons taken off captured pirates.  Do you think these guns still work?  Some of them don't look bad, but the one in the middle looks like it is rusted to hell and back.

[img]http://i41.tinypic.com/n15r9h.jpg[img]

No doubt these fell into the pirates' hands through the river of guns flowing out of America.

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 7:19:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I would bet that most, if not all of them, work well enough.

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 7:26:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm willing to bet they work just fine. We're talking about AK's for gods sake. AN AK works. Period. Maybe not 300 meter accuracy, but by god it will work when you pull the trigger.

Not if you saw it in half

Those do not appear to be cut in half.

But if you want to dance on the head of a pin I can point you to some BATFE Tech Branch tests that have proven that demil AK's and Browning 1919's can indeed fire more than one shot with a singl pull of the trigger after being cut in half. (ever wonder why the latest browning kits do not include any part of the left side plate? Well now you know.)

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 8:02:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I really like the telephone handset cord sling on the one 2nd from the right.

They are AKs, I bet they all run just fine.

Look again, it's not a telephone headset cord, but a strap with two decorative rows...

You are correct sir.

At first glance it looked like two telephone handset cords in tandem. Now I see it.

Then again, they are using seatbelts as slings so telephone cords would not be too far fetched.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 8:06:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
What is the bayonet on that Chinese rifle made of, aluminum?

hard chromed steel, very tough finish
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 8:11:06 PM EDT
[#20]
I wouldn't want to stand in front of any of them...
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 8:12:13 PM EDT
[#21]
<These are in 'like new' condition> - CTD
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 8:13:21 PM EDT
[#22]
I'll bet they work.

On another note, did the CIA have an op to confiscate all the AK buttstocks in the 3rd world so that the natives wouldn't be able to hit jack shit outside of stone-throwing distance?
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 8:15:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I woulds love to see the bores on them

They probably look like the surface of the moon
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 8:43:01 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I'm going to cut the seatbelt out of my car and use it as a sling

I was thinking of going to a junk yard or some scrap yard and picking up a seat belt and using for as sling as a joke.

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was wondering about that too.  They can't be much worse than some of the initial Yugo kits that came into this country.  They were used in combat and fired corrosive ammo with no chrome lining.

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 8:47:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Some jackass would still mark em for $600+ at a gunshow (assuming they are semi, much more otherwise)

... those aren't semi...

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 8:49:20 PM EDT
[#26]
AK47.

It will work. Period.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 8:56:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The bores are chrome finished. They might have a bit of fouling, but are most likely free of pitting and heavy rust just like the chromed bayonet on the Type 56 pictured.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top