Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:02:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I built a similar system a couple weeks ago, but recycled my GeForce 6200... which I'm regretting, so I ordered a 7800GT today (from newegg, they have an EVGA 7800GT with a motherboard deal for $350).  Right now, I only have Call of Duty II running, so I'll be able to see what kind of performance improvements I get with that.  Then I'll swap boards, throw in a couple SATA II drives, and set it up again.  I'll have to go pick up BF2 soon!  
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:04:54 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Cedega has gotten a lot better.  I have a subscription.  Version 5.1.

By the way, have you played America's Army?  I like it a lot better than CounterStrike.

forget them both, get something like Ravenshield...FAR better      also SWAT4...

I like it at least!

I'm gonna stick with CS:S. The HL2 engine has made some awe inspiring improvements to the game.

Or you can always get a real game like Battlefield 2

That's next on the list. I hear it's worse than crack, though.

AI still blows I hear...

im stuck behind a college firewall, hopefully ill circumvent it with wireless though.

If internet connections were even better, CS would be a better game...because so much more of the environment would be interactive...comparing a SP level in HL2 to a CS:S map, you can see what im talking about.

You do not play BF2 to play with the AI.  Completely pointless, and not how the game is played.  Doesnt matter how good the AI is, it isnt supposed to be used at all.

not supposed to use the AI at all? well shit, why they even take time to design it then?  theres a legit question

The AI would really only be used in Single Player mode... but BF2 was geared to be a Multiplayer game.  When you play online, ideally, you're playing against other PEOPLE.   ;)
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:05:21 AM EDT
[#3]
How much was it?

I'am thinking of building my own system once Vista comes out
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:06:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Good looking system man.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:06:29 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
How much was it?

Hell, I've already got vista running on my box (dual boot with XP)

You're gonna need some video horsepower to run Vista.  
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:16:29 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
How much was it?

read the thead, mate. talked about on the first page
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:39:35 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
How much was it?

read the thead, mate. talked about on the first page

+1

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 10:01:00 AM EDT
[#8]
if i can get around my college firewall ill play BF2 online, otherwise ill be stuck knocking off more hapless AI bots
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:51:00 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Cedega has gotten a lot better.  I have a subscription.  Version 5.1.

By the way, have you played America's Army?  I like it a lot better than CounterStrike.

forget them both, get something like Ravenshield...FAR better      also SWAT4...

I like it at least!

I'm gonna stick with CS:S. The HL2 engine has made some awe inspiring improvements to the game.

Or you can always get a real game like Battlefield 2

That's next on the list. I hear it's worse than crack, though.

When you get it, join our clan.  

Kids...

Dipshits....

Maturity at its finest.

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:54:23 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Some stats:

AMD64 3700+ San Diego, 2.2GHz, Overclocked to 2.5 stable (may go higher)
2 gig ram
dual Nvidia geforce 7800GT's
250gig hard drive
windows XP pro,  64 bit linux will be installed when I get windows configured all the way.

Haven't got battlefield 2 yet, but CounterStrike:Source averages 250+ FPS all details on max

Too bad your eye can only sense 30FPS max

I love when people say this.

YES YOU CAN!!

There is a HUGE difference in smoothness between 30fps and 75fps.

People who say "too bad your eye bla bla bla" are just people who can't get above 30fps so they fall back on that line to make them feel better.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:57:31 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Some stats:

AMD64 3700+ San Diego, 2.2GHz, Overclocked to 2.5 stable (may go higher)
2 gig ram
dual Nvidia geforce 7800GT's
250gig hard drive
windows XP pro,  64 bit linux will be installed when I get windows configured all the way.

Haven't got battlefield 2 yet, but CounterStrike:Source averages 250+ FPS all details on max

Too bad your eye can only sense 30FPS max

I love when people say this.

YES YOU CAN!!

There is a HUGE difference in smoothness between 30fps and 75fps.

People who say "too bad your eye bla bla bla" are just people who can't get above 30fps so they fall back on that line to make them feel better.

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 12:52:51 PM EDT
[#12]

I go to some trouble to ensure RF shielding is adequate on all of my electronics.  I really don't understand why people actually pay extra to have a big RF leak in a computer that has operating frequencies throughout the VHF-Microwave region.

Jim
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:04:55 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Kids...

Yeah whatever dude.   Most of us are over 25 years old and many of us have collections that probably cost more than the vehicle you drive.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:06:45 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kids...

Yeah whatever dude.   Most of us are over 25 years old and many of us have collections that probably cost more than the vehicle you drive.

+1

Average age of gamers in the US is 28
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:09:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Question about Dual Video cards......................

What does that do for you?

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:12:25 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Faster faster faster (as long as you are talking about SLI)

www.firingsquad.com/hardware/nvidia_sli/page3.asp
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:28:31 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kids...

Collections of what?  Video games?  Computers?

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:57:52 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kids...

img216.imageshack.us/img216/1517/moron4yf.jpg

At least you admit that you are a moron.  You can stop posting in the thread now.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:12:04 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Multiple video cards working together to increase performance.  From the link posted, connecting a couple identical video cards in SLI could yeild a 87% increase in performance.  Very close to double the performance.  

Meaning you could get two BADASS cards right now and have major kick ass performance... or get one decent card now, and later get another (prices drop) and SLI them to get a performance gain instead of ponying up for another newer generation card.  
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:52:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Clean your cables up.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:01:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Who told you Battlefield 2 sucks?  Whoever did probably sucks at FPS's, so don't listen to them.  This is the game to have, hooah?

As long as you don't suck.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:02:51 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Who told you Battlefield 2 sucks?  Whoever did probably sucks at FPS's, so don't listen to them.  This is the game to have, hooah?

As long as you don't suck.

Play against REDHORSE enough and you begin to see a lot of people suck
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:03:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:34:46 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Clean your cables up.

I'm working on that. Bit by bit, add something, recable everything, take something out, recable everything. Right now I'm worried about getting everything the way i want it and stable stable stable. then i'll make it pretty. Added another fan, that makes 5 case fans. Nice n cool
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:35:23 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kids...

img216.imageshack.us/img216/1517/moron4yf.jpg</a>

At least you admit that you are a moron.  You can stop posting in the thread now.

+1 if you're gonna be an ass, do it somewhere else, please.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:41:23 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Yep, that pretty much sums you up.    But for the mentally challenged, I was referring to gun collections some of us "kids" own.    Now take your 500 some odd posts and go troll somewhere else moron.

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:39:18 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Clean your cables up.

Nice rig, congrats!  But...

+1 Clean up your cables and it'll look better!  You went all out, now finish the job!

Mine is pretty clean:

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:42:38 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Clean your cables up.

+1 Clean up your cables and it'll look better!  You went all out, now finish the job!

Mine is pretty clean:
i8.photobucket.com/albums/a20/joshuasb/000_0262.jpg

i8.photobucket.com/albums/a20/joshuasb/PC1B.jpg

My main rig is pretty clean too -

My LAN party machine is little messier though, but I dont care much.

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:47:04 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Clean your cables up.

Mine is pretty clean:

What is that, a mouse pad that glows? Whats the other blue thing?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:57:20 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Clean your cables up.

Mine is pretty clean:

What is that, a mouse pad that glows? Whats the other blue thing?

Yes gaming mouse & mousepad that glow.  Makes the computing experience more fun.

The other thing is a:  Griffin PowerMate

I use it for one thing...so it's basically a $40 volume knob.  It's cool though.  Gets plenty of use  with the 700 watt PC speaker system.  ; )

PS: Nice rigs adair_usmc!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top