Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:10:59 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
How about wait a few months for RRA's "AR-10s"?

1 MOA accuracy
Takes FAL mags
Integrated rail
Lightweight
$1100

Sounds like a winner to me

Put me down for one of those!
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:25:15 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Ok my avatar is supposed to be the Bill of Rights.......but it went to hell in the resizing. And I looked at a PTR-91 w/ a retractable stock and a SOCOM M1A today. Anybody have problems with the Socom 16 M1A? I seem to remember reading that someone here got a crappy one.

i always thought it was a slice of pie.

I have no idea why but thats what it looks like to me.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:12:31 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
FAL - it is a requirement.  Just don't get it in pink or rainbow colors

No danger of that....I'm a big fan of wood. I think we have a winner here

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=93&t=341218
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:24:23 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Ok my avatar is supposed to be the Bill of Rights.......but it went to hell in the resizing. And I looked at a PTR-91 w/ a retractable stock and a SOCOM M1A today. Anybody have problems with the Socom 16 M1A? I seem to remember reading that someone here got a crappy one.

Get a FAL and don't Look Back!

Oh , and your Avatar looks like a slice of Pizza to me , but maybe I'm just Hungry.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:27:29 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Must not make obvious joke.

Hey, seriously, that's a nice choice!

BTW, Randy (ArmdCtzn) has 2 Falogh-built FAL's....an Izzy and an Stg58....if you wanna know how nice they are ask him about his.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:29:42 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Must not make obvious joke.

That's ok swingset......I was leaving that comment out there for a free shot.  
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:03:22 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

1 MOA accuracy
Takes FAL mags
Integrated rail
Lightweight
$1100

Put me down for one of those!

Why wait?  Get an AR10 now.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:06:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Rainbow sponge with a flag and old paper on top of it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:08:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Actually I would love to get one of those early semi auto AR-10's that came out back in the 80's. But I'm sure they are way out of my price range now.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:12:26 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

1 MOA accuracy
Takes FAL mags
Integrated rail
Lightweight
$1100

RRA will not be making an AR10.

Really?
www.rockriverarms.com/images/r308std.gif

Notice the quotation marks?  Call it what you want, it's a 308 rifle on an AR platform. Yes, they are, but it is NOT an AR10.

"take FAL mags".  Good grief.  No one has been able to make that work.  Why not wait to see if RRA solves the problem.

According to RRA, they are using a different design than Bushmaster and shouldn't have the problem with the lugs/bolt breaking.  I'll wait and see on this.  That's what I said. As for them perfecting the use of FAL mags, it seems that at least three other manufacturers have said the same thing.

Your post sounds like no one has ever made a .308 AR before or that no one has made one that will to 1 MOA.

And how so???  Maybe if you have bad reading comprehension.  Each point was made to differentiate it from the other rifles.   My reading comprehension is fine, your post still sounds like what I said.

1 MOA accuracy - unlike most FALs But other .308 ARs already exist so this is not news.
Takes FAL mags - Unlike DSA, Armalite, or Robinson AR-10s That's not necessarily a good thing. Neither DSA nor Robinson have made an AR10
Integrated rail - Unlike FALs or M14 clones Again, other .308 ARs have already done this. Again, not news.
Lightweight - Unlike FALs or M14 clones Other .308s have already accomplished this.
$1100 - Unlike the ridiculously priced Bushys and most of the above outside the DSA "AR-10s" and cheapo FALs Again, neither DSA or Bushy have made an AR10.

You make the above points as if the other .308 ARs do not exist, as if it is some groundbreaking revelation.

As for $1100, I doubt that.

How about a simple google search before shootin your mouth off?  Cripes..

"LAR-10 Standard A4 Rifle
Anticipated availability late summer 2006. $1,100.00"

And that's the MSRP And I doubt that it will come on the market at that price.  How about reading what I say before shooting off your mouth.  I did not say that it is not listed as such, I said I doubt that it will become reality.  Note the very IMPORTANT WORD "ANTICIPATED" in your post..

You're a real genius Larry.  Again, notice the quotation marks?  We know the true blue AR-10s are Armalites, get off your high horse.

And where did I say this was was the first 308 that shot 1 MOA??    Or that it is the first with an integrated rail?  If you make a list of features, that automatically means each one is exclusive and "a groundbreaking revelation"?    That's just your twisted reading comprehension.

And again, how about reading the RRA page.  I even linked it for you for crying out loud.  "ANTICIPATED" refers to the availability date, NOT the price.  What else are you going to go by?  I guess we shouldn't be going by mfr's MSRP, but rather Larry's POA(pulled out of ass) sale price??

I have seen too many new rifles come out with the MSRP posted several months ahead of actual release.  The ACTUAL MSRP is usually quite different when the rifle actually comes on the market.  Actually, I did not quote ANY sale price (show me where I did that), just expressed doubts that the MSRP shown on the website will still be in effect upon the rifle's actual arrival.

I will not get off my "high horse".  It is NOT an AR10, quotation marks or not.  One does not need to be a genius to understand that, but then again, you can't seem to grasp that simple idea.

The way you posted it sounded like you have to WAIT for the RRA .308 in order to get those things.  Why wait?  One can get those very things NOW instead of waiting.

BTW, it does not have a chrome lined barrel.  So, it should be compared to the Eagle Arms AR10, which can be had for right around $1000.  

Also, this thing is claiming 10T accuracy.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:13:00 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

BTW, your avatar looks like some naked guy with a white towel shoving a poppy-seed covered pop tart in your face.

Well if you can see all that...you have a better [and gayer] imagination then I have.  
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:50:32 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
....I'm a big fan of wood. I think we have a winner here

Thats a very nice G1 (not an StG)
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:04:36 PM EDT
[#13]
a piece of apple pie with chocolate swirls in the background
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top