Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 10:13:32 AM EDT
[#1]
This is the result of stupid gun laws.  You can't even utter the "G" word without getting expelled.  The children have never seen a real gun up close and personal, and they were just curious as any normal child is. The Phil. officer should have taken the mag out of the Glock and locked slide it back before handing her gun to anyone.  It shows to me that this lady needs a bit more training.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 11:52:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The Phil. officer should have taken the mag out of the Glock and locked slide it back before handing her gun to anyone.
View Quote

I think you misspelled "should have left her damn gun in the holster, instead of pulling it out and handing it to anyone".

Never.  Ever.  Give.  Your.  Weapon.  [i]Away.[/i]

-BP
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 3:33:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Phil. officer should have taken the mag out of the Glock and locked slide it back before handing her gun to anyone.
View Quote

I think you misspelled "should have left her damn gun in the holster, instead of pulling it out and handing it to anyone".

Never.  Ever.  Give.  Your.  Weapon.  [i]Away.[/i]

Yep you're right, not even to a group of innocent curious children. I stand corrected.

-BP
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 5:01:52 PM EDT
[#4]
This woman is too dangerous to be a cop. She should be moved into management right away.
Link Posted: 2/8/2002 5:15:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quick draw demonstration?  [BD]
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 6:55:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yep you're right, not even to a group of innocent curious children. I stand corrected.
View Quote

To a group of innocent curious children in a controlled environment when you have planned to teach them the basics of firearm safety before handing them a cleared, checked, doublechecked firearm for which there is no ammunition even in the *room*, sure.

To a kid who has demonstrated proper respect for the firearm in the above situation, with (initially) no other kids around, on a range, with careful supervision, sure.

In a public school classroom, on an ad hoc basis, without actually bothering to properly demonstrate safety checks (obviously, or she'd have caught the chambered round), as an impromptu show-and-tell?  Do I *have* to say it?

Besides.  "innocent and curious children" are probably far less innocent than people would like to think.  Unless I know a kid *personally*, I won't hand him or her a gun, loaded or not, period.  Would you?

-BP
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 8:27:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

To a group of innocent curious children in a controlled environment when you have planned to teach them the basics of firearm safety before handing them a cleared, checked, doublechecked firearm for which there is no ammunition even in the *room*, sure.

To a kid who has demonstrated proper respect for the firearm in the above situation, with (initially) no other kids around, on a range, with careful supervision, sure.

In a public school classroom, on an ad hoc basis, without actually bothering to properly demonstrate safety checks (obviously, or she'd have caught the chambered round), as an impromptu show-and-tell?  Do I *have* to say it?

Besides.  "innocent and curious children" are probably far less innocent than people would like to think.  Unless I know a kid *personally*, I won't hand him or her a gun, loaded or not, period.  Would you?

-BP
View Quote

How about adding that the parents were notified?  Still, with the way things are these days, guns shouldn't be in the schools.  A class outing to the police station, WHICH HAS A AUTHORITARIAN ASPECT TO IT should be used for children learning firearms safety.  A police station isn't the frikkin romper room that todays schools have turned into and I doubt any kid would act out there.  They'll learn that guns involve the law and should be taken seriously, rather than show a gun right after little Johnny showed off his pet ferret in the class room.  It trivializes the respect these kids should learn for firearms.  

Wutadumbitch.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 10:12:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Hmmm.. anyone else seeing the pattern here?
View Quote

Definitely.   A whole roomfull of 10 year old schoolkids passed a loaded gun around, and they all knew better than to put their finger on the trigger.  It took a dumbshit 2 or 3 times their age to break this cardinal safety rule.

Wanna bet she had a rep well before this incident?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top