i hate flying, i hate luggage, i hate people

+1
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:37:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What is your hurry?

you have to catch another flight that's leaving in less than 15 minutes and is at the other end of the airport

+1

They will wait. They know who on their flight is coming from another flight and if its delayed or not.

Ive flown on probably 30 flights this year alone so far.......a few were delayed and caused me to hustle a bit. They will wait a bit.

I blame the airlines too with all the price wars and 'cutting' and the 'hidden' charges for checked bags that many don't figure into the price when shopping.This is forcing folks to carry on all they can get away with.

I have seen very few bags turned back at the on ramp when folks are boarding , but constantly see folks with luggage that would never fit in the little cages that they have to check to see if they are small enough for carry-on.  Its unnecessary congestion and confusion .

The airlines need to get together and agree to start enforcing the maximum dimensions of allowed carry on bags.

Quoted:
Quoted:
People conduct their lives at a snails pace with no regard for efficiency or others.  This pretty much sums up every issue.

+1

In general, people don't pay attention to what they do, or how their actions affect others.

Quite.

But a good portion of the problem can be attributed to the airlines cost cutting too
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:39:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

If that is your idea of planning a trip, you better sit in the front seat or beg a flight attendant to let you off first.  Sounds like a plan destined to fail to me.

Sounds like you haven't flown in awhile.........if ever.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:50:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If that is your idea of planning a trip, you better sit in the front seat or beg a flight attendant to let you off first.  Sounds like a plan destined to fail to me.

Sounds?  Do you read out loud?

Does the front of the plane not get off first?  Have you never been on a late flight and had the attendants explain how people needing to connect should get off first?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:04:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you?

I have had to run through many airports to make my connections because my travel plans were messed up by the airlines (crew issues, mechanical issues, etc), weather, the FAA (congestion, ATC breakdowns, etc) and all sorts of other outside influences.  I have even had to drive to the "Hub" airport because my originating flight was cancelled and had to rent cars to get home when a flight was cancelled.

Airline travel blows so I drive whenever I can.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:07:13 AM EDT
[#6]
I only fly for vacations and have learned to fly non-stop only.  Less chance of your luggage not showing up and less hassle factor in the airport.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:23:50 AM EDT
[#7]
I mailed everything but a backpack with a novel and my laptop/ipod in it the last time I flew...  it ended up being cheaper since it was two bags worth of stuff and it fit in a box that cost me 20 dollars to ship.

Crazy, but I'm ok with that.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:27:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does the front of the plane not get off first?

Yes ......they call that First Class.
BUT.....even the front of coach is quite a bit more expensive most of the time IF its available.
I always check the price of an upgrade when I check in....sometimes its only $15-$25.On a couple hour flight, I'll take it . But more often than not it's around $40-$70 so I pass.

Have you never been on a late flight and had the attendants explain how people needing to connect should get off first?
Yes.........many times. But in that case  the stewardesses are letting the gates know that their passengers will be a little late.
And like I said.....not a problem

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:37:33 AM EDT
[#9]
i carry on cause i don't like losing my shit to the baggage handlers.

i also grab my carry on quickly and try to get out of everyone's way as quickly as possible.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:39:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What is your hurry?

you have to catch another flight that's leaving in less than 15 minutes and is at the other end of the airport

Run, or if that don't work, start chopping off heads...

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:51:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Last time I flew, I RAN up the aisle as soon as the little "dink sounded.  Flew right past everyone, and a girl with a ton of baggage says - where is he going.  I looked back and said - away from people like you

IDIOTS - if I ran an airline, if you can't carry it with you or on your lap, to bad - it's checked.  Yes, people are stupid, self-centered and clueless.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:56:04 AM EDT
[#12]
The more shit you carry on the further back you sit.  Except, of course, in first class!
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:59:15 AM EDT
[#13]
what I hate are the people that continually violate the size restrictions rule of carry on....like they rule the airways or something
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:08:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
3/10 - I'm one of those experienced travelers, and there's enough stupidity on planes to fuel a much hotter rant...
Annoyance #1: Flight attendants are not allowed to directly address misbehaving passengers.  "Would everyone please take their seats and close the overhead compartments" repeated five times when one person is standing up getting her purse while we're barely 30sec off the runway...

Kharn
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:11:56 AM EDT
[#15]
What is your hurry?

People are in a hurry to get on the plane so they can get their crap into an overhead bin, then they are in a hurry to get off the plane.  I always think of this when I travel and the gate agent calls for boarding and the way people react:

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:13:09 AM EDT
[#16]

"People dont move fast enough"
They are xxxx"

I use to get frustrated and sometme still do.. Life is to short use the time in line to think about posistive things, instead of negative rants which will never change..
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:45:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

100% agreement.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:27:45 PM EDT
[#18]
the pissers are the ones that are the last one ones on the plane with 2 or 3 bags that are too big and they spend 15 minutes trying to find space for one let alone all of them.  I do however love to tell people "No" when they want to put their stuff under the seat in front of me, and then I tell them they can if they pay for the rest of my seat.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:32:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does the front of the plane not get off first?  Have you never been on a late flight and had the attendants explain how people needing to connect should get off first?

and how well has that worked for those in the back?  Not very well that I've ever seen.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:33:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Airports are my private place to contemplate the idiocy of the human race.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:39:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

From a technological standpoint, flying is cool.

From a sociological standpoint, it reminds me that a lot of people belong in a fucking zoo.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:43:06 PM EDT
[#22]
I only fly with something that has to go into an overhead when I absolutely must - traveling for work, when I have to take a spare set of steel-toe books and site clothes, or when I'm flying home for a full week - but any more, I don't even bother getting up until the damned plane is practically cleared out, even if I only have a backpack with some books and a change of clothes with me.  I just keep reading.  Half the retards all stand up as soon as the plane hits the jetway, which just means the idiots who bring oversized bags take even longer getting their shit out of the bins, because they're trying not to decapitate the 4 morons standing on top of each other right behind them.  Then there are the assholes who fucking hit everyone hauling their stuffed-to-exploding baggage down the aisle of the plane....here's a fucking tip, put the little fucking handle down and carry the fucking thing, don't roll it.

I just go straight into epic prick mode whenever I go to an airport any more.  I know where I'm going and what I'm doing....if you don't, gtfo of my way.  Elderly people and conscientious families with small kids (who keep them from running all over the place and fucking with things) excluded, of course.  Too many dipshit businessmen who think wearing a tie gives them the right to be slow arrogant fucks while everyone else is just trying to get to their goddamn gate.

I did have the enjoyment of slamming my carry-on bag into a guy's face during one trip.  Evidently the flight boarding before mine was an all-WW2 veterans flight.  The boarding lady came over the intercom and asked if everyone would give them a bit of applause for serving the country, and it quickly turned into a standing ovation, except for the cocksucker who was sitting next to me, who thought playing with his laptop was more important.  He made the mistake of sitting in the seats behind me on the flight, and when I took my bag out of the overhead after landing, I "accidentally" let go of the strap and busted him square in the face.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:43:54 PM EDT
[#23]
I fly a bunch.  1.5 million miles on AA.  

I never check anything when I am on business travel.  I can fit everything I need for a 10 day European business trip into a allowable carry-on.

I too, used to get really pissed at it.  Now like another poster said, I just marvel at the sadness of the human condition....
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:51:39 PM EDT
[#24]
I wish they would enforce the carry on size limit and then charge them an hefty fee for gate checking a bag.  Not a stroller or medical needed.  

But the stupid fuckers that think that a extra large internal frame backpack is a good carry on.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:16:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I used to love it when those same idiots would try and close the overhead bin door on a bag that was obviously too big to begin with.

When they would bust the door, I would have to MEL it and tape it shut. So there goes even more storage space plus the delay for maintenance.

Saw that before.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:18:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
the pissers are the ones that are the last one ones on the plane with 2 or 3 bags that are too big and they spend 15 minutes trying to find space for one let alone all of them.  I do however love to tell people "No" when they want to put their stuff under the seat in front of me, and then I tell them they can if they pay for the rest of my seat.

Give 'em a break...it's not their fault they're the last to board. They simply lost the "boarding by zone" lotto.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top