Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 11:30:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I almost forgot to mention that I really hate those guys who bring their gf's just to display them like trophies, when it is damn obvious the womenz don't want to be there. If it were me, I would take the womenz to brunch at a nice restaurant then spend some quality time talking to her while walking in the park or something like that.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 11:37:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I hate the fat guy who always farts as he walks by me while I'm talking to my friends.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 11:48:04 PM EDT
[#3]
About two years ago I came across a dealer selling an Olympic PCR-98 with a telestock on it.  When I pointed out the the telestock was a no-no, he said that it took three points to make a illegal weapon.   I calmly informed him that it only takes two-points plus a detachable magazine to make an "assault weapon."  He then told me that it was a pre-ban gun.  When I pointed out the 1998 date stamp, he told me that the gun wasn't his and was only selling it for someone else.  At this point I gave up and moved on...
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 4:09:47 AM EDT
[#4]
The dealer that puts all his rifles on the table with the barrels pointing outward, instead of inward. its impossible to walk by that table with running into a barrel thats sticking out a foot from the table edge, usually because there is a big group standing in the middle of isle having a meeting about the last deer they shot or about how they can block UN mind waves with a tinfoil hat.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 4:54:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The guy that wont shut up about Levi`s because I have a pair on, and Levi gives a $hitload of money to the Anti-Gun kooks. Get off my back already, what would this guy have me wear? Dickies?
View Quote

Next time tell them that they are pre-ban pants
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 5:06:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The guy that wont shut up about Levi`s because I have a pair on, and Levi gives a $hitload of money to the Anti-Gun kooks. Get off my back already, what would this guy have me wear? Dickies?
View Quote

Next time tell them that they are pre-ban pants
View Quote

That's the funniest shit I've heard all week!!!!
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 5:42:34 AM EDT
[#7]
I agree with all of you. The fat guy who stinks, the baby strollers, the know it all guys, the punks, BUT WHAT I HATE is the jerk that is running the show, standing at the front door taking tickets and buying every gun that comes in the door. Several years ago the gun shows around here passed a resolution that the gun show host could not buy guns unless he had a table. By the way, I kinda like looking at the ww2 stuff. History, we should learn from our mistakes and not let it happen again.See ya all Dec 8 and 9.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 6:44:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Not the MOST annoying but a little anyway.  Young peachfuzz Cops that dress a litle more "tactical" than they need to and then stare down anyone with an AR or AK.  I particular issue of mine since I saw one arrive in his own vehicle, with a DUI offender license plate, apparently off duty, dressed like a swat member which he was not, walk right in without paying and then buy stuff.  This kind of horsepatooty does not paint the right image.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 6:57:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 8:05:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Just a few in no particular order...

1. the neo-nazis
2. the Walter Mitty types in cammies and combat boots.  Give me a friggin break - if you're going to a gun show, you're basicly going shopping, not going on patrol out in the bush.
3. the upper middle class suburban white kids in baggy pants who think they're inner city black gangbangers and don't know the first thing about firearms or the proper use of the English language. "Yo dawg, dat gat a 9?"  Ok Vanilla Ice, now WTF are you talking about?
4. the black kids who think that being black makes them some sort of badass gang member and/or think it cool...and of course, like the suburban white kids above, they don't know jackshit about guns either.  
5.the dealers who markup their stuff about 400%.  Far be it from me to tell someone how to price their stuff, but at a certain point it gets a little ridiculous.  $4500 for a beat-to-shit HK91?  $700 for a 16" no-name postban Ar upper?  Are you F-ing kidding me?
6. the dealers who lie to try to make a sale.  An SKS will not outshoot an AR15 no matter how many bells, whistles, and crap you put on it.  USA mags are not better than USGI.  You can try to polish a turd, but at the end of the day, its still a turd.
7.the beef-jerly, beenie babies, blankets, toys, jewelry, musical instruments, and other crap that belongs either at the city dump or a garage sale, but not at a gun show.
8. the dealers who sell illegal stuff and then when questioned claim "I know the law - I'm an FFL!" - as if getting that piece of paper magically confers knowledge of all the relevant laws upon them.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 9:06:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My vote has to go to those punk 16-18 year olds. They get all dressed up in their gang attire then go to the show. While at the show they only know two things about guns:
1) This difference between a rifle and handgun.
2) That there is such thing as a 9mm.

I swear they just walk through the doors, go to every handgun selection, pick up every one, and ask "Is it a nine?". I just want to slap them.
View Quote

This is just another example of people stereotyping teenagers.  I'm 16 and I have an interest in firearms, also my parents don't always have the time to supervise me anywhere I go.  Does this mean that I shouldn't be allowed to pursue my interest?  I am aware that there are many idiots in my age group but some of us simply enjoy firearms and try not to act like idiots.    
View Quote

A gun show is a place for buying guns. If you cannot buy guns or cannot go with a person that can buy guns, what are you doing there? When I was your age, I learned very fast that the shows are basically for shiat as far as learning anything. I persued my interests through educating myself with publications and books as well as researching on the web. When I went to the shows, I always heard BS from guys 3-4 times my age and I knew it was BS. The show is a place to look for deals. As far as stereotyping teenagers, I was never stereotyped as a teenager because I dressed appropriatly and always with my pants around my waist. I was always polite and curtious. If I wanted to ask something, I waited for the dealer to be free of actual customers. Besides, how good does it look when a minor spends an hour looking at a gun he has no chance of buying legally.

I too hate punk teenagers as described above.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 9:36:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Yeah, unless you're the Recruiter for a Military organization, wtf are you wearing camo?  You look like a dork.  Especially the guys with potbellies and big beards. Camies only work in folliage.

Also the gangstas that think they know guns, love their gun handling skills.

And the fat guys with long greasy hair and need a definitely shower and shave.  You can't knock the price down by BO intimidation.  The dealers should get to charge them an extra $45 an hour for having to talk with them.

Anybody with the same crap as the last 57 shows and charging higher prices.

What about the girls there, I saw one that looked like she was having a good time, but she was dressed like a hooker, so if she was getting paid, she was supposed to look that way.

Yes I pack a cell phone and am young, but that don't mean I can't tell the difference in AR uppers.

Ice
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 9:43:15 AM EDT
[#13]
The gun show guys who annoy me the most are the vendors of pro-RKBA shirts and stickers with obvious spelling or grammar errors or bogus quotes.  Don't they realize that peddling that stuff hurts our cause more than it helps?  The worst of the misspelled slogans is "No Gun Pulls [red]It's[/red] Own Trigger", which takes a very effective message and makes it appear to be the slogan of a fifth grade dropout. [:(!]

[Edited to deliberately misspell "its"]
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 9:49:17 AM EDT
[#14]
the guy with the 40 doller canadian thermolds

or the POS colt 20 rounders for 50 bucks "But there colts"
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 10:17:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Had a Gun Show in Dayton, OH this past weekend.
Picked up a like new Sig Sauer p239 in 357 Sig for $375.  Not a whole lot of variety there though.  Is it just me or does it seem like gun shows aren't what they used to be?  Also there was not as much ammo there as there normally is.
I got pissed at some gang bangers wanting to sell a Sig Sauer 226 which they did not have the box to and did not know much about the gun except they wanted a smaller "9" and they smelled of marijuana.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 10:37:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Is it just me or does it seem like gun shows aren't what they used to be?
View Quote

They never were.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 10:56:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 11:51:16 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm bothered by the stinky fat guy in the "Rascal" mechanical/powered chair who is taking the concealed weapons course (to carry the S&W model 29 he just bought for protection and he intends to carry it in the plastic bag lined basket just infront of his handle bars) while he is breathing from an oxygen tank and sounds like he's waiting for his lung transplants to come in.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 12:24:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Geoff Metcalf standing near the door acting like he is the literate hero and supreme commander to restore our rights in CA. When, in reality, he has a celebraty complex and wants loyal listeners to blindly kiss his backside without individual thought.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 12:31:24 PM EDT
[#20]
I hate the wannabe gun nuts who bring their friends along who have never seen a gun before. Then they fill their friend's head with lies about guns because they think it makes them sound smart.

At the last show I went to I overheard a "knowledgeable" individual telling his friend that the AR-15 rifle is only good for "spray and pray." Thanks, asshole, you're really helping the cause.

Ugh, I also saw a dealer exhibiting horrible gun handling. He was sweeping his customers with his finger on the trigger and dry firing in the general direction of the rest of the crowd.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 12:53:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'm bothered by the stinky fat guy in the "Rascal" mechanical/powered chair who is taking the concealed weapons course (to carry the S&W model 29 he just bought for protection and he intends to carry it in the plastic bag lined basket just infront of his handle bars) while he is breathing from an oxygen tank and sounds like he's waiting for his lung transplants to come in.
View Quote

I see that guy all the time! He F*cking REEKS! When I see him I note his direction and work the room the other way!
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 3:05:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Baby carriages

Kids under 21

Camo'd fat guys who think they are Rambo

Know it alls - I will spend my money on what I want I dont give a fuck if you think it isnt worth it. [8D]

Ropes
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 3:13:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Went to my first show this past saturday in Sandy, Utah...Boy what a bunch of inconsiderate assh*les...First of all it was crowded as hell and you had to wait and pick your spot and then wedge yourself up to the table..Fend off dinks who want to get you into a bidding war with the guy who's doing the selling...The poor slob who lost the coin toss with his wife and drags all 7 of his kids to the show so they can completely block access to every table they visit..and to the Assh*le that made me wait twenty minutes while he bullsh*tted another guy in his booth( thanks anyways, you didn't have the only 1911 at the show, found me a nice one..you loose)..Anyways sorry for ranting but its a sore subject with me..
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 3:20:51 PM EDT
[#24]
That guy who picked up that S&W .38 snubbie for $100 right before I got to the damn table.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 4:43:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I almost forgot to mention that I really hate those guys who bring their gf's just to display them like trophies, when it is damn obvious the womenz don't want to be there. If it were me, I would take the womenz to brunch at a nice restaurant then spend some quality time talking to her while walking in the park or something like that.
View Quote

Hey,

I kinda like those guys that bring the big-tittied trophy girls to the show[;)].
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 5:02:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The guys who sell nazi stuff!
View Quote

I double that, and raise you the Z.O.G. people. jeesh! there always selling the "Turner Diaries" and selling black T-shirts with anit-semitic crap.

lets hear it for gun-culture diversity [:D]
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 5:10:43 PM EDT
[#27]
At the Pope's show this past weekend in Knoxville I was standing at a table beside an Asian gentlemen waiting to ask the dealer a question about one of his USPs when all of a sudden the Asian cat picks up a Sig and starts to rapid dry fire it. I heard him *click* that poor thing about fifty more times as I ran the other direction. Oh yeah, the jerky was too dry at the show. Maybe better luck this weekend at the Holloway show.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 6:32:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Kids under 21

View Quote

Excuse me, but in most areas you only need to be 18 to buy long guns. As long as they are respectful, which most over 21 are not, and are old enough to buy a gun or is with an adult, why not promote the young'ins?
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 6:44:43 PM EDT
[#29]
I hate people that are soooooooooooo slowwwwwwwwwwww.
And stop to look at ever gun!
What every your in to there are 500 at the gun show,if you have stoped and looked an 20 ARs then do you really need to look and the others?
Just get the heck out of my way or buy the dang thing!
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 7:06:42 PM EDT
[#30]
The guy selling the Oly PCR with bayo lug and fh. The guy selling the post ban Bushy for $1300 that says my preban colt is only worth $900. Colt M-4 upper for $800. 1000 rounds of 223 reloads for $279. The guy who says my colt is postban because it doesn't have a bayo lug.

Steve
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 7:47:31 PM EDT
[#31]
I hate all the racist fu*kers there. A few years ago, I went up to a table that had a Hungarian AK. I looked at it (I was looking for another Hungarian AK at the time) and asked how much. The red neck asshole says, "It's $750 and it ain't none of those piece of shit chink ones either (I guess he said that cause I am a flip??)." Then he looks at other people at his table and starts laughing. Nobody else found it as funny as he did. I commented that I had one just like that and I got it for way less on the internet. Then the people looking at his table ask me where I got it and I tell them. I guess I took some of his business away. That asshole!!!
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 8:02:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
$700 for a 16" no-name postban Ar upper?  Are you F-ing kidding me?
View Quote

You mean an "FN" upper. [;)]
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 8:04:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Hmmmmmm, most of the good ones are taken.  Ok then, how about the guys who look like they got a little too into D&D.  Dressed up like Conan the barbarian.  They generally carry that big $8 machete type knife with the spikes (or sword), and lug a Spas 12 folder around with no intent to actually sell it.

They usually stand around the Barret .50's for hours on end gabbing with their other D&D/Conan/Hercules friend.  I say friend because they only travel in pairs.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 8:13:17 PM EDT
[#34]
No one mentioned the Class III dealer with all the cool shit that has the little signs next to each gun saying "Do Not Touch."  Love his mag prices!  His AR stripped receiver prices are sky high also (serious buyers only).  He always has the cleanest, neatest table because no one ever actually buys anything from him.

Why the hell do people with absolutely no intention of actually purchasing a handgun (i.e. have no permits) flock around the one or two dealers who sell nothing but handguns?  I'm always trying to get to a table that is 3-deep with onlookers (mostly kids) who never actually buy anything.  Whatever.

Then there's the one guy with the M2 50 cal that he sets up on his table.  I don't think any of his stuff is actually for sale.  He just likes to be there, I guess.

I also love the one dealer who sells nothing but whippets (mostly Mossberg 500s with a pistol grip or crappy folder), tec-9s, tec-22s, shitty Llama 45s, and an odd assortment of other crap.  This time he had a rack of Hesse AR-15s for $595 ea.  Pretty steep for a single shot AR :)   He also carries those Mac-11 carbines, the ones that are basically handguns with a 16" barrel and stock bolted on.  Also probably single shot...

And what the fuck is with all the illegal knives lately?  Saw a guy selling a stiletto.  The swords like you see on the late night shopping channel are also available in copious amounts.

Oh and lest I forget the guy selling all the refinished AK and G3 mags and calling them "new".  WTF?  He also had a really beat Tapco M-16 kit for $400.  Again, WTF?
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 8:18:49 PM EDT
[#35]
the guys with teh "Klinton still wants your Mags" sign as he charges you way more then what its worth for a preban mag
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 3:00:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I usually ignore most of the shit at the shows.  But there have been some *ick heads at Knob Creek the last few times that have to try and walk around the tables with these giant back packs on, as soon as they turn sideways, they block the whole isle!
I'm thinking of a giant external frame pack wrapped with razor wire so I can out do them in the spring :)
View Quote

hey waldo, i'm that *ickhead.
i tried bringing a wheelbarro, but it wouldn't fit down the isles.[;D]
maybe i'll try native bearers next spring.[:)]

knob creek is heaven on earth. see you there!

mostly the 'experts' and the grouches put me off. the cammie dudes and the nazis are funny.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 3:16:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 3:41:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
and to the Assh*le that made me wait twenty minutes while he bullsh*tted another guy in his booth( thanks anyways, you didn't have the only 1911 at the show, found me a nice one..you loose
View Quote

How did you know he was loose?
I can spot a loose womanz by the clothes and makeup, but I dont know about a man!
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 4:24:53 PM EDT
[#39]
The jackass mag dealer that told me that there was no such thing as a zytel 5 rd. SKS mag.  He told me that in a tone that said 'jeez yer stupid'.  I wish I would've had my last Tapco (or quartermasters or whatever I saw them in) catalog with me to beat him senseless with.

Switchblades are legal to sell and posess here. Just not legal to carry - concealed or otherwise.  Kinda fun to play with.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 6:15:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
hey waldo, i'm that *ickhead.
i tried bringing a wheelbarro, but it wouldn't fit down the isles.[;D]
maybe i'll try native bearers next spring.[:)]

knob creek is heaven on earth. see you there!
View Quote

OK, but I'm eating ham and beans, hard boiled eggs and beer the night before the show. I'm gonna clear the isles with gas ;)
View Quote

LOL! looks like i'll be bringing a gasmask too!
i'll get out of YOUR way quick![xx(]
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 6:42:09 PM EDT
[#41]
The guys trying to sell thier illegal SKS's..
You know the ones..Clearly commercial(no question they are post 922r ban) with the bayonette attached and an ATI folder(fully functional of course).

Many many others, but that was my peeve at this particular show. By the way, I give the new location in Sandy a big thumbs up over the Salt Palace.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 6:58:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally quoted by pigshooter
By the way, I kinda like looking at the ww2 stuff. History, we should learn from our mistakes and not let it happen again.See ya all Dec 8 and 9.
View Quote

It was the philosopher G.W.F. Hegel that said, "History teaches us that man learns nothing from history".
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 7:24:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Well, let's see now...

A guy selling kevlar vests at one booth had a video tape running.  It showed a bunch of fat rednecks shooting themselves in the chest with a handgun and smiling.  First, um, I sense a disturbance in the Darwin gene pool force here.

Then there's the prick watching it and telling his buddy that the "video is a marketing setup since everyody knows at point blank range that they didn't give the bullet time to pick up speed!"  WhaHaHaHa! Nearly spit my soda on him laughing my balls off.

Then you have the guy that looks like bubba-the-ex-pow that has the AR-15's with the carbine upper barrels that looked chainsawed off at the gas block and a MAC10 solid state supressor JB Welded to it and the hacked up handguards.  Looks like everything he was selling was taken in a drug bust or something.

Then there is the plastic toy and knife prick.

And the fat guy selling old wooden stocks that were taken off his sporterizing jobs that nobody wants.  They all look like a truck dragged them to the show over the pavement for miles.

Then the guy's kid in the jerky booth that was playing with a toy baloon and squeeze-popped it nearly making a few folks clear leather!
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 8:18:43 PM EDT
[#44]
One of my all time favorites is the asshole that spends 45 min. haggling with you to take $40 for a $50 item and then when you finally give in, he hands you a $50 bill and ask if you have change.

That really chaps my ass.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 8:31:15 PM EDT
[#45]
#1- The vendors that want to buy you'r weapon for less than bottom end of blue book because they say it is used, But price their weapons of the same type or similar at the top end of the blue book .
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 9:22:05 PM EDT
[#46]
The person talking like he knows WTF he is talking about. And those dealers that have everything $200 above what aimsurplus.com sells them for.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 9:22:49 PM EDT
[#47]
The person talking like he knows WTF he is talking about. And those dealers that have everything $200 above what aimsurplus.com sells them for.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 9:31:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Unemployed IT workers selling off their high dollar stuff(I don't give a shit if it looks new, IT'S BEEN FIRED!), so they can make their mortgage payments.

I know this doesn't necessarily have anything to do with gunshows, But, I thought I might throw this in

Lawyers, doctors and IT execs, who ride Harleys because they think it makes them a mans man  (chuckle).

Waterdog
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 9:54:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Hey now I like the jery guys. Sure its expensive, but it gives me somethin to snack on besides the $7 slice of dominoes pizza.                                             1. Hate the guy with the rack of 50 ar-15's that looked like they were run over with a bulldozer selling them for $700 and no tax.     2. The guy selling the Hesse AR-10T clone for $1400. Sure it looked really good and there was no slop in the weapon at all, but 1400 for a Hesse? Not me, no way.                                               3. and don't hate me for this one, the many, many people there selling the antique winchesters and other assorted antiques. sure they are pretty neat to look at, but i want something to shoot with, not something to stay in the safe or bank vault getting older and more valuable.                                           4. All of the yuppies that give me dirty looks because I'm in boots, jeans, and cowboy hat and have a $1200 AR-10 hangin off one shoulder a $2000 custom long range varmint killin machine on the other and a backpack full of powder and  bulletts and I'm still tryin to decide wheather or not I really want to buy that Barrett M-82. They look at me like I forgot to hide my tin foil hat under my  black resistol this morning.                                                                                            Next year I will be one of those guys with the homade dolly or baby stroller converted into a weapon transporter. All that crap get heavy when you don't want to go to the truck cause your parked 2 miles from the building and you have been carrying it for 6 hours.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 11:14:11 PM EDT
[#50]
I hate the assholes that block the isles.  Especially when they are obviously the current cause  of a traffic jam and don't take the time to notice.

I hate people that have no reason for being there (disinterested wives,kids,friends)  Leave these people at home.  Don't bring strollers.  Carry shit like the rest of us.  It isn't a social gathering and not an educational tool for your kids.

I love the beef jerky people as long as they are also selling guys and accessories.

I hate the tables that have the gat trigger or whatever it's called video playing on a loop.

I hate the dealers that bring people to help that have no idea what they are doing and can offer no help with any questions.  
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top