User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:13:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:23:57 AM EDT
[#2]

No milk for me. Coffee black, and I don't eat cereal.

Cheese is good though.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:25:29 AM EDT
[#3]
I like that Milk its good stuff.

I drink at LEAST one glass a day, if not 4 or 5
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:26:21 AM EDT
[#4]
If milk were so harmful according to that wiki article, just about the entire baby boomer generation should be deader than door nails right now. As I see it, the opposite is happening and I'll have to fork over a bigger slice of my income to support the broken social security system that will pay benefits to them. I would agree that the criticisms sound like whining from PETA and ALF.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:30:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Drinking some right now out of my HK coffee mug.

I hate coffee
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:31:19 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Steak don't go well with corn flakes

LOL.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:31:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Milk is great.  I won't stop drinking it, and neither will my kids.  
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:33:22 AM EDT
[#8]
3 pages on tit juice.  This only makes me want to go play with my g/f's boob.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:36:19 AM EDT
[#9]
You are using Wikipedia as a reference for a debate?  Why not use the Enquirer too while your at it!

I'll drink what I want, Skippy.  You don't like it, tough shit.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:36:30 AM EDT
[#10]
I work for a mechanical contractor & one of our biggest clients is a Xxxxxxold plant, between the smell (stench) & the processes, spending a day w/ me might perhaps have some of you thinking differently. No milk for me thanks
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:48:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Milk is nasty.  

I don't do Soy either.  

Rice milk is acceptable, and I put it on my granola in the morning.  
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:10:48 AM EDT
[#12]
but milk makes me sleepy!
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:15:24 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
You are using Wikipedia as a reference for a debate?  Why not use the Enquirer too while your at it!

Visit a dairy farm Than tell me how much you like your milk Been to a slaughter house and have to say kind of stinks but far cleaner than any dairy farm I have been to.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:20:56 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Visit a dairy farm Than tell me how much you like your milk Been to a slaughter house and have to say kind of stinks but far cleaner than any dairy farm I have been to.

I've worked at two dairy farms.  What's your point? From the time that the milk leaves the teat it is treated like medical grade components. The testing done at the tank is the make or break for the dairy farmer.  He aint going to lose a batch over bacteria count.  There is no profit in that.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:22:45 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Same can be said about going the kitchen of a restraunt, there are very clean farms and then there are dirty farms. I have no problem drinking milk from our farm.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:22:58 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

For your information I grew up on a dairy farm and I still drink lots of milk. I just wish I could get some real milk instead of the reduced stuff they sell as "whole milk" in the store.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:27:07 AM EDT
[#17]

ban milk for the children.

Someone that doesn't like a good wholsome glass of cold milk, is just not American!
I suppose you want to ban apple pie too!
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:40:31 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

+1. This definately sounds like PETA propaganda.  Sorry if you're so over sensitized to foods that you can't eat a slice of pizza without 'feeling bad", perhaps that's a sign that we shouldn't take dietary advice from you.  I drink a tall cold glass of "2%" milk every day with my lunch sammich and I will continue to do so.

Besides, my old friend Cal Ripken endorses it - it can't be all that bad.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:53:45 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

For your information I grew up on a dairy farm and I still drink lots of milk. I just wish I could get some real milk instead of the reduced stuff they sell as "whole milk" in the store.

Well you have a stronger stomach than I The crap on the floor, the blood and everything else is just nasty. The cows aren't exactly fine looking animals either. Perhaps you grew up on a farm before machine did all the work and all the drugs where used.

And wtf is with every one brining up the peta shit? Go read the wikipedia I linked to it has pros as well. I just don't like milk. Jeeze some of you are sensitive people. I honestly could care less what people drink. I also cant stand beer.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:55:42 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
]Well you have a stronger stomach than I The crap on the floor, the blood and everything else is just nasty. The cows aren't exactly fine looking animals either. Perhaps you grew up on a farm before machine did all the work and all the drugs where used.

And wtf is with every one brining up the peta shit? Go read the wikipedia I linked to it has pros as well. I just don't like milk. Jeeze some of you are sensitive people. I honestly could care less what people drink. I also cant stand beer.

People stop drinking milk  

OK.  At least your not flip flopping.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:57:58 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well you have a stronger stomach than I The crap on the floor, the blood and everything else is just nasty. The cows aren't exactly fine looking animals either. Perhaps you grew up on a farm before machine did all the work and all the drugs where used.

Maybe I'm doing this dairy farming thing wrong but there usually isn't in blood.

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:58:22 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I mix mine with some rich chocolate Ovaltine.

+1
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:59:25 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Why would anyone depend on Wikipedia?  And it sounds a lot like you are the one who is overly sensitive.  So because you don't like milk (a valid arguement for you not to drink it) you post all this crap about how bad it is for the rest of us?  Reap what you sow and all that.....
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:17:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Good source of calcium.  So's Yogurt and Ice Cream.  

Stop reading "diet for a new planet."
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:19:06 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why would anyone depend on Wikipedia?  And it sounds a lot like you are the one who is overly sensitive.  So because you don't like milk (a valid arguement for you not to drink it) you post all this crap about how bad it is for the rest of us?  Reap what you sow and all that.....

Im just screwing around with my post. It was a joke. I rarely post anything of a serious nature.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:20:00 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe I'm doing this dairy farming thing wrong but there usually isn't in blood.

So you don't get any blood in your milk?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:21:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Milk is only palatable in milk shakes.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:21:47 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
]Well you have a stronger stomach than I The crap on the floor, the blood and everything else is just nasty. The cows aren't exactly fine looking animals either. Perhaps you grew up on a farm before machine did all the work and all the drugs where used.

People stop drinking milk  

OK.  At least your not flip flopping.

Lighten up, like posted before It's a light thread. Not really intended to be serious. I just don't like milk.

Now of course little girls drink a lot of milk. Real men don't but hey
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:22:37 AM EDT
[#29]
You really need to back off the oprah dude. Your testicals are working their way back inside and I'm not talking about from the cold.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:24:29 AM EDT
[#30]
By the way I love my Broccoli and it has a pretty  high calcium content so take that you milkies
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:29:01 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
You really need to back off the oprah dude. Your testicals are working their way back inside and I'm not talking about from the cold.

thou shall be smitten with thou wit.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:34:32 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
By the way I love my Broccoli and it has a pretty  high calcium content so take that you milkies

PEOPLE DON"T EAT BROCCOLI!!
without a cool glass of milk
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:35:53 AM EDT
[#33]
PETA fags dont drink milk..
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:38:08 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
PETA fags dont drink milk..

Why don't you drink milk?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:48:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Only pussies eat corn flakes, Men eat steak in eggs.

You eat cookies, jeeze what are you 3

ETA: Use coffee [/quote
]

OK, you can bash milk, I don't care, I don't like it either.  But I won't stand by and let you bash Corn Flakes and cookies goddammit.  That's un-American.  What are you some kind of commie?  

Let me hear you say "Moose and Squirrel"    (35 year old cartoon reference for you younguns)

Sheesh.

FB
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:55:59 AM EDT
[#36]
Milk Myths
Submitted by: Adrienne Allin, Dietetic Intern
Dianne Oickle, MSc, RD
Registered Dietitian/Public Health Nutritionist
Leeds, Grenville & Lanark District Health Unit
Recently in the media, many anti-milk campaigns have surfaced. You may be questioning
the safety of drinking cow’s milk. What are some of these recent claims against milk and
what are the facts?

Myth – Milk causes acne
Fact – The idea that foods cause acne is false. Certain foods such as milk, chocolate,
french fries, cola, peanuts and iodine-containing foods such as shellfish, have all been
accused of causing acne. Scientific research has not found a link between diet and acne.
A number of factors working together, such as genetics, skin type, hormones and
pollution are believed to be the cause.

Myth – Milk causes obesity
Fact – Drinking milk does not lead to obesity. No single food causes weight gain. Food
can lead to weight gain when eaten in excess of your energy needs. If you consume more
energy (calories) than you burn, weight gain will result. Milk products come in a range
of fat contents (% MF) to suit any lifestyle. All milk has the same amount of calcium
regardless of its fat content.

Myth – Milk contains hormones that are harmful to humans
Fact – Canada does not allow the use of growth hormones to increase milk production in
cows. Therefore, no added growth hormones are found in any Canadian milk or milk
products. There are also no antibiotic residues in any Canadian milk or milk products.
Natural hormones from the cow do pass into the milk - however they have no effect on
humans when consumed and are digested like any other protein. Bovine Growth
Hormone (BGH), also known as recombinant Bovine Somatotropin (rBST), is currently
used in the United States to increase milk production in cows. rBST is not present in
milk that is produced in Canada.

Myth – Milk causes heart disease
Fact – No one food causes heart disease. Eating any foods that are rich in saturated fat
can increase risk of heart disease. Foods high in saturated fat include meats, baked
products, butter, lard, coconut, palm oils, and high fat dairy products. The best way to
reduce your risk of heart disease is to eat a balanced diet that is low in fat, include regular
physical activity, and reduce the stress in your life.

Myth – Milk causes allergies
Fact – No one food causes an allergy. Milk allergy is a reaction of the immune system to
the protein in milk. True milk allergies are not very common - only about 1% to 3% of
children have a cow’s milk allergy and they usually outgrow this by age three. In adults
the rate is even lower. The major factor that triggers a food allergy is family history of
food allergies. Drinking milk will not cause a milk allergy or allergies of any other kind.

Myth – Milk robs the body of calcium
Fact – A common myth is that high protein foods cause the body to lose calcium. In fact,
most food sources of protein such as milk and milk products, meat, fish and beans
contain phosphorus, which helps prevent the loss of calcium in urine. Because of the
phosphorus and other compounds in milk and milk products, calcium is highly absorbed,
with very little negative influence from protein. The overall result is that the body retains
more calcium from milk and milk products with minimal calcium loss in the urine.

Myth - Dietitians promote milk because they are all paid by the dairy industry.
Fact - This is simply not true. Registered Dietitians do not receive kickbacks or bonus
money from dairy farmers of the dairy industry to promote milk. Registered Dietitians
make recommendations based on sound scientific evidence rather than relying on
opinions or a "good guess". The science clearly shows that milk products supply many
valuable nutrients and can be part of a healthy way of eating.

Myth – Milk is important for kids, but adults do not need to drink it.
Fact – Milk and milk products are important at all ages in order to get the calcium we
need. Different amounts are required at different ages. One cup of 1% milk contains 317
mg calcium. Children need to drink about 3 cups of milk per day, and teenagers and
adults need to drink 4 cups of milk per day to get enough calcium. That means that for a
family of four (2 adults, 2 children), one 4 litre bag of milk will last about one and a half
days.
If you choose not to drink milk, you still need to consume the same amount of calcium.
There are other foods and beverages you can drink to get the calcium you need. Contact
a Registered Dietitian to help you choose the healthiest foods to supply calcium.

more

http://www.dairycouncilofca.org/dairy/dair_milk_main.htm

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:57:13 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Broccoli is what food eats to make milk.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:58:10 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Quoted:

]

OK, you can bash milk, I don't care, I don't like it either.  But I won't stand by and let you bash Corn Flakes and cookies goddammit.  That's un-American.  What are you some kind of commie?  

Let me hear you say "Moose and Squirrel"    (35 year old cartoon reference for you younguns)

Sheesh.

FB

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:01:50 AM EDT
[#39]
It's the oddest thing. If I just drink milk, I get a terrible stomach pain, but ice cream, whipped cream, butter, etc. doesn't give me that. Neither do cheese and yogurt, but that's understandable because the lactose is processed by the bacteria.

Lactaid and soymilk FTW.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:04:54 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

]

Sheesh.

FB

www.classicmedia.tv/assets/circles/boris-natasha.gif

Wow. I'm impressed.  You got the reference and had a Boris & Natasha graphic online in less than 10 minutes.  
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:09:58 AM EDT
[#41]

I also cant stand beer.

hair.gif
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:13:43 AM EDT
[#42]
People have been drinking cows milk for ages. Now there's people saying "Don't drink milk!" and ignoring the fact that people for millenia have been drinking cow's milk and they didn't have many of the problems pointed out in that list of milk criticisms.

Get both.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:18:23 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

]

Sheesh.

FB

www.classicmedia.tv/assets/circles/boris-natasha.gif

Wow. I'm impressed.  You got the reference and had a Boris & Natasha graphic online in less than 10 minutes.  

Bullwinkle isnt that old of a cartoon
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:09:33 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have some many plastic bottles of empty water on my desk, I need to throw them out today.

The plastic chemicals leaching into the water will kill you too....

Nah aww. Your silly. You silly goose you.

Hey, I bought some half-gallon jugs of water in extra-sturdy bottles (not sure of what plastic), they smelled and tasted so strongly of chemicals that I returned them all.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:15:37 AM EDT
[#45]
Milk drinkers are pussies, I drink Half-n-Half
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:16:14 AM EDT
[#46]
1% and 2% is good.  I don't like the taste of whole milk any more.  Milk shakes create lots of nose mucus in me for some damn reason, but I like them.

Son, I'm sorry we fed you Nutrisoy.  Blecch!!

Horchata.  Good.

Wikipedia is the bastion of the PETA-libtard minions trying to redefine our culture.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 12:18:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Even in the 60's, the milk went into sterilized stainless steel containers, and then into a big tank, also stainless steel, on the farm.  The teats and udder were cleaned before attaching them to the milker.  So what's so gross?  You don't eat off the floor, do you?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 12:20:56 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have some many plastic bottles of empty water on my desk, I need to throw them out today.

The plastic chemicals leaching into the water will kill you too....

Nah aww. Your silly. You silly goose you.

Hey, I bought some half-gallon jugs of water in extra-sturdy bottles (not sure of what plastic), they smelled and tasted so strongly of chemicals that I returned them all.

Than get bottled water in the glass bottles.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 12:22:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top