Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:23:12 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Disband public schools and the teacher's union.  Gone.  Over.  Finished.  Privatize the whole system.

I know that Democrats don't want schools privatized because it will end their indoctrination/brainwashing scheme, but it is the only way to get rid of this kind of crap.

+1

I have been preaching this for a while. My mother is a teacher and it is becoming a complete cesspool. The only reason she is going back is to ensure her retirement, sadly this is becoming the norm for older teachers. That means there is little to no incentive to excel. On the younger side my sister has an education degree from A&M and has never taught a day in her life. After her student teaching she decided that the money and lack of bullshit was better doing something else rather than teaching.

The public, locally controlled schools have morphed into a indoctination program. Critical thinking is becoming the exception rather than the rule. This shows the desperate plight that the next generation of Americans are facing. Now that I have a son, you can bet that we will do everything possible to keep him from the clutches of the public school system.

96Ag
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:30:30 AM EDT
[#2]
(303) 428-9533

Shaw Heights Middle School, hit it hard!!!
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:38:38 AM EDT
[#3]

Beginning Monday, the Oceanside Unified School District is banning all flags and patriotic clothing. According to school officials, some students are using the garments and flags to taunt classmates.

Some critics of the move are calling it a violation of free speech protections guaranteed by the Constitution.

The American Civil Liberties Union points to the landmark Supreme Court case Tinker v. Des Moines. In that case, school officials attempted to stop students who were protesting the Viet Nam War from wearing black armbands.

"The school has to be able to show a strong likelihood that there is going to material and substantial disruption of school, and if they don’t meet that standard, then they can't censor student speech," said Kevin Neenan of the ACLU.

School officials in Oceanside now say that flags -- whether they are U.S. or Mexican or any other country's -- have now become a divider on campuses, saying that some students are using them to taunt other students

Keith Brentlinger displays the U.S. flag outside Hatter, Williams and Purdy, his Oceanside business.

"To me, it's everything," said Brentlinger "I mean, like I said -- we truly live in the greatest country in the world."

Brentlinger said he was shocked on Tuesday when marching immigration-reform protesters tore down the flag outside his business.

"Some of them just grabbed the flag, and pulled it off its aluminum pole, and it got ripped," said Brentlinger.

Brentlinger told NBC 7/39 that he put up a new flag the next day.

"Some protesters drove up in their car and snagged the flag from our building and took off," said Brentlinger. "I was extremely, extremely upset. I mean, it was just ... insulting is the word."

School officials are saying that the ban is just temporary and that they were just trying to prevent violence. They would not say how long the ban would be in effect.

Link

Looks like its spreading...
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:39:53 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Easy answer... homeschool.

we have a winner!!!!!!!!

if you don't like the dress code in the school,

they did the same thing with heavy metal band shirts in my HS.  "devil worship overtones" was their reasoning.
I wonder where that came from? left or right?
you conservatives are as guilty in bringing about these type BS rules as the loony libs.

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:57:40 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Disband public schools and the teacher's union.  Gone.  Over.  Finished.  Privatize the whole system.

I know that Democrats don't want schools privatized because it will end their indoctrination/brainwashing scheme...

A good start would be to give parents a payment voucher.  Should they choose to send their kids to public schools then that school get the money.  Should the parents choose to send them to private school then the voucher pays the private school and the public school is out that money.  Should the parents choose to home school, then the voucher becomes a tax credit.  Competition for the children‘s money... THAT "will help the children"....
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:59:39 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

we have a winner!!!!!!!!

they did the same thing with heavy metal band shirts in my HS.  "devil worship overtones" was their reasoning.
you conservatives are as guilty in bringing about these type BS rules as the loony libs.

I don't think this is so much a conservative vs liberal battle so much it's a dumbasses vs people with common sense battle.

YMMV

Problem is, the government is NOT listening to its majority...when that happens, bring lawyers and guns and money...because the shit has hit the fan.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:15:40 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

we have a winner!!!!!!!!

I don't think this is so much a conservative vs liberal battle so much it's a dumbasses vs people with common sense battle.

YMMV

Problem is, the government is NOT listening to its majority...when that happens, bring lawyers and guns and money...because the shit has hit the fan.

unfortunantly those dumbasses come from both sides.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:24:58 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

we have a winner!!!!!!!!

YMMV

Wrong - they're mostly on the left - you just don't want to admit it...

"they did the same thing with heavy metal band shirts in my HS.  "devil worship overtones" was their reasoning."

ANY chance there were also profanities on some of those shirts???

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:43:03 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

we have a winner!!!!!!!!

YMMV

Wrong - they're mostly on the left - you just don't want to admit it...

"they did the same thing with heavy metal band shirts in my HS.  "devil worship overtones" was their reasoning."

ANY chance there were also profanities on some of those shirts???

- georgestrings

It may be "mostly" but the conservatives are catching up quickly. And I was correct in what I said, they do come from both sides. mostly last I heard didn't mean all did it?

not one profane word.
just pictures and graphics.
no depictions of sex, no depictions of drug use at all.
just graphics of an evil imp named "eddie" that was their trademark and the name of the tours I paid to attend.

this was on the shirt.

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:51:54 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm here in Iraq risking my ass along with my brothers and sisters over here, and THIS kind of bullshit is going on back in the world?
WTF?!
WHO THE FUCK as the right to ban the STARS AND STRIPES from school?!
what a way to educate these kids and also spit in the face of everyone that is or has served this country.
My Boss should be squashing this anti patriotic stuff hard and fast, the principal should does not have the authority to do this!

what a disgrace
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:54:14 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
What the fuck is happening to Colorado???

Colorado has been colonized by Kalifonian liberals. In the last ten years the population of Denver doubled, mostly with leftists. Now all hell is breaking loose:

Removing the American flag from schools

Bullshit "professors" like Ward Churchill are now common.

Denver is choosing which elections to follow and which to ignore.

The state recently removed TABOR for five years, allowing uncontrolled spending.

The state is now falling apart. It will be a blue state this year (watch the '06 election). In ten years, it will be bankrupt.

I just moved to Wyoming!
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:55:59 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

we have a winner!!!!!!!!

YMMV

The government is not supposed to impose the will of the majority if it conflicts with the rights of a minority. In the interest of public safety, imposing a restriction of freedoms to maintain order is something that should be done; I believe SCOTUS has already stated that schools are within their right to restrict free speech in the interest of maintaining order.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:33:53 AM EDT
[#13]
I want to know when displaying an American flag crossed the threshold of infringing upon the rights of a minority.... especially in a public school, a branch of the government.

Next thing will be English phrases on t-shirts. Since it's not bi-lingual, printed English will be banned because it isn't sensitive to our Aztlan brothers & seesters.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:35:52 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

The government is not supposed to impose the will of the majority if it conflicts with the rights of a minority. In the interest of public safety, imposing a restriction of freedoms to maintain order is something that should be done; I believe SCOTUS has already stated that schools are within their right to restrict free speech in the interest of maintaining order.

Have you never entertained an unuttered thought? The key to useful communication is discretion. Try to pick some up somewhere.

ETA: What the Court has ruled is that a public school MAY NOT prohibit peaceable political expression unless it is inherently disruptive. The case involved the wearing of black armbands to protest the Viet Nam War. Behavior which is the "cause" of unreasonable responses on the part of observers is protected speech. The constitutional remedy is suppression of the disorderly response, not suppression of the peaceable speech. Stick with premedical ignorance. Prelaw ignorance is outside your field.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:40:23 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Makes me feel better about living in Cal
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:42:03 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
He gathered signatures against the dress code, but the principal said for safety, freedom of speech can be limited in schools, even as students get involved in the national immigration discussion.

The US constitution is nothing more than an old scrap of paper.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:43:59 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
He gathered signatures against the dress code, but the principal said for safety, freedom of speech can be limited in schools, even as students get involved in the national immigration discussion.

The US constitution is nothing more than an old scrap of paper.

where have I heard something just like that here recently?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:48:44 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Have you never entertained an unuttered thought? The key to useful communication is discretion. Try to pick some up somewhere.

ETA: What the Court has ruled is that a public school MAY NOT prohibit peaceable political expression unless it is inherently disruptive. The case involved the wearing of black armbands to protest the Viet Nam War. Behavior which is the "cause" of unreasonable responses on the part of observers is protected speech. The constitutional remedy is suppression of the disorderly response, not suppression of the peaceable speech. Stick with premedical ignorance. Prelaw ignorance is outside your field.

Exactly.

It's not the people who are expressing their freedom of speech that need to have their rights restricted. It's the people that can't control and take responsibility for their own actions and emotions, who resort to violence in response to others' free speech, that need to be punished.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:50:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Myla Shepherd's, the bitch that said free speech can be limited in schools for "safety", phone number: (303)-428-9533  - LET HER KNOW WHAT YOU THINK

Email: [email protected] (don't send emails from ar15.com accounts)
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:50:52 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
All the Boys should Just start sporting Mohawks.

HAHA I like this one.  What are they gonna say when a bunch of boys show up with mohawks?  You have to shave your head?  Which is worse a buch of mohawks or a bunch of skinheads?

If they want to support the troops they should get thier hair cut high and tight.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:53:34 AM EDT
[#21]
If the illegal alien children can walk out, the children of U.S. citizens should do the same. They should stop whining and show some spine. Or organize a sickout. Anything to focus media attention on this Komissar.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:54:20 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Well,it looks like i will be alive to see the fall of the US.

Well I'm not going quietly.
If it comes to it "let it happen in my time"
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:55:04 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I'm here in Iraq risking my ass along with my brothers and sisters over here, and THIS kind of bullshit is going on back in the world?
WTF?!
what a way to educate these kids and also spit in the face of everyone that is or has served this country.
My Boss should be squashing this anti patriotic stuff hard and fast, the principal should does not have the authority to do this!

what a disgrace

Agreed Crash...agreed.
Stay safe, know that you are being supported by non-dumbasses, and thank you for your service.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:56:42 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

You've just argued this like an anti would argue the second.
Just thought I'd point that out.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:11:53 AM EDT
[#25]
My letter to this jackass principle:

It has come to my attention that in your official capacity as principle of a school in Colorado you have made the decision that "for safety, freedom of speech can be limited in schools". I find your views on one of our most cherished freedoms to be disgusting. As an administrator of a public school you act on behalf of the government which funds and manages the school. Our constitution and the Bill of Rights were written specifically to prevent people in your position (or any other agents of government) from doing exactly what you are doing.

For more than 200 years Americans have fought and died to defend the United States constitution and the freedoms that it protects. And it is through those freedoms that some of our greatest social changes have been brought about. Were civil rights protestors concerned with safety when they staged sit ins in schools and universities? Were the anti-war protestors at Kent State concerned with safety when they marched against the Vietnam war? No, they were concerned with taking a stand for a cause that they believed in and through that stand they effected social change. The same is true of the students that you are stiffling. They are attempting to take a stand as well. They are attempting to demonstrate their beliefs and express their love of their nation and their opinion on an important social matter which is sweeping this nation. As an educator you have a duty to help develop your students into adults and citizens. You should be encouraging their expressions of conviction rather than silencing their voices. In my opinion, you have failed in your duties as an educator and you have no business overseeing a public school.

With Regards,

motown_steve

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:22:05 AM EDT
[#26]

Is it just me or is "tolerance" a one way street?

They expect us to be tolerant of them and what they stand for, but we must change?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:28:21 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
WTF?!

what a disgrace

Your absolutely right. WE can all thank multiculturalism and diversity training for this BS. This is only going to get worse while this country slides into the balkanization hellhole.
This man knew. Teddy Roosevelt on Immigrants.
Theodore Roosevelt on Immigrants and being an AMERICAN

"In the first place we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the man's becoming in very fact an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag, and this excludes the red flag, which symbolizes all wars against liberty and civilization, just as much as it excludes any foreign flag of a nation to which we are hostile...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:43:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Ol' Ted wouldn't last long in today's world.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:52:19 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Holy shit.

I just realized... Colorado is also the same state that jailed a 16-year-old because he took a picture of himself with some guns and put it on myspace.

Damn. Colorado fucking sucks.

Getting there quick with all the California liberals moving there.  It's a shame too.  I really liked living in western Colorado, but I despised living in Denver.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:52:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Tag......

......to use Ebaumsworld.com's Full Metal Jacket soundboard when calling the principal's number...
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:19:01 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Well,it looks like i will be alive to see the fall of the US.

Either that or you will be alive to fight to save it.

They won't stop, ever, until we kick their ass.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:21:33 AM EDT
[#32]

Maybe a pissed off parent will drive their kid to school in an old deuce and a quarter or a half track.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:22:32 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Tag......

......to use Ebaumsworld.com's Full Metal Jacket soundboard when calling the principal's number...

RECORD IT!!!!

RECORD IT, MAN! IT'S YOUR ARFCOM DUTY!
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:34:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Colorado huh? I'm a little surprised. I didn't think they had a mexican problen up there.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:39:42 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Colorado huh? I'm a little surprised. I didn't think they had a mexican problen up there.

never been to denver, eh? Lots of Mexicans in CO.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:40:18 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

It's being filled up with Californians, yuppies and illegal aliens. I lived there for the first 22 years of my life. That was part of the reason I left. The traffic in the Mountains went from working middle class folks in beat up pick ups hauling wood to yuppies in BMWs and soccer moms in SUVs. Property prices went through the roof. The cost of living went crazy but wages didn't increase with them. For the most part, in the Denver area, unless you already own your house, you have two choices; live above your means or live below them. Before I left 7 years ago I was living in an apartment complex full of druggies and wetbacks because it was the only reasonable rent around. My place was a HUGE two bedroom. Across the highway where it was nice.....it was $300-$500 a month more for a STUDIO.

The Colorado middle class is being replaced with dirt poor illegal aliens and overly wealthy transplants from other (mostly liberal) states.

Just one mans perception. Somebody elses experiences might be different.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:41:34 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Hmmm, I wonder how many Californians have moved to Colorado lately?

Plenty.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 12:07:40 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I personally think that people should, ideally, be allowed to express patriotism in schools; however, I feel that, do to rising racial and ethnic tensions regarding the status of illegal immigrants in this country, that public schools are not necessarily the best place to be demonstrating your beliefs right now.

Right now it IS disruptive to display an American flag, wear patriotic clothing, and chant anti-illegal immigrant slogans around a school; Tinker v. Des Moines Independent Community School Dist. does in fact apply here, even though we would wish it didn't.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 12:09:04 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Well,it looks like i will be alive to see the fall of the US.hr

Nothing Lasts Foreverhr

Rome fell from within.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 12:09:56 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I personally think that people should, ideally, be allowed to express patriotism in schools; however, I feel that, do to rising racial and ethnic tensions regarding the status of illegal immigrants in this country, that public schools are not necessarily the best place to be demonstrating your beliefs right now.

Right now it IS disruptive to display an American flag, wear patriotic clothing, and chant anti-illegal immigrant slogans around a school; Tinker v. Des Moines Independent Community School Dist. does in fact apply here, even though we would wish it didn't.

Figures you'd say that.....
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 12:11:30 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I personally would rather this happen than some hispanic punk letting off a few rounds at the "racist" white kids, or some white kid gunning down the hispanic students.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 12:16:29 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I personally would rather this happen than some hispanic punk letting off a few rounds at the "racist" white kids, or some white kid gunning down the hispanic students.

Fuck that, this is our country, and our flag has flown proudly in one form or another for some 230 years, and now we are going to bow to pressure from illegal mother fuckin' scum?

Look, if the school has a dress code saying no T-shirts...fine....but coming out now and saying that American kids cannot wear a T-shirt with the flag, or a flag patch on their book bag to prevent offending some hispanic douchebags, we need to draw the line....

And if some scumbag illegal takes offense and opens up...well, then let it start. No bag limit baby.....
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 12:16:39 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"He who gives up an essential liberty for a little temporary safety deserves neither liberty nor safety"

PreMed_Gunner, you are a troll and have been for some time. you exist only to cause disruption on these boards. Please leave.

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 12:19:54 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
"He who gives up an essential liberty for a little temporary safety deserves neither liberty nor safety"

PreMed_Gunner, you are a troll and have been for some time. you exist only to cause disruption on these boards. Please leave.

This isn't the federal government cracking down on free speech, imposing martial law, or anything of the sort; this is simply a school which has a majority illegal alien student population making sure that noone dies due to racial tensions. There is precedent for this from the SCOTUS, and this is a great time to apply it.

I personally am against the PATRIOT act along with many of the "anti-terror"(read, anti-American citizen) bills that have been passing through Congress. I find it funny that the one time that such restrictions actually need to be made is the time people bitch about it.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 12:32:49 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This isn't the federal government cracking down on free speech, imposing martial law, or anything of the sort; this is simply a school which has a majority illegal alien student population making sure that noone dies due to racial tensions. There is precedent for this from the SCOTUS, and this is a great time to apply it.

I personally am against the PATRIOT act along with many of the "anti-terror"(read, anti-American citizen) bills that have been passing through Congress. I find it funny that the one time that such restrictions actually need to be made is the time people bitch about it.

I seem to have missed where this was a private school, because if it is a public school then it is an extenstion of the government.

And as for "making sure that noone dies due to racial tensions" I'm glad that if they are going to keep kids from wearing patriotic clothes, at least they're doing it for the children.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 12:38:59 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The first infringements into the rights of free men are always made in the name of safety.

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 12:52:44 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know that Democrats don't want schools privatized because it will end their indoctrination/brainwashing scheme, but it is the only way to get rid of this kind of crap.

+1

I have been preaching this for a while. My mother is a teacher and it is becoming a complete cesspool. The only reason she is going back is to ensure her retirement, sadly this is becoming the norm for older teachers. That means there is little to no incentive to excel. On the younger side my sister has an education degree from A&M and has never taught a day in her life. After her student teaching she decided that the money and lack of bullshit was better doing something else rather than teaching.

The public, locally controlled schools have morphed into a indoctination program. Critical thinking is becoming the exception rather than the rule. This shows the desperate plight that the next generation of Americans are facing. Now that I have a son, you can bet that we will do everything possible to keep him from the clutches of the public school system.

96Ag

This was blatent in my highschool senior year (and alot of other friends noticed and commented on this) only 5 years ago. I know I noticed it when all of the lessons in US gov. were injected with anecdotes of why Clinton was such a great president (this is maybe sohpmore). Praise of the internet inventor was also in full swing in 99'.

Same goes with the modern lit class in 01' where we read a book about terrorists. This was right after 9/11 and the purpose of the book was to humanize an otherwise sub-human group.

Modernism needs to end. It's trend towards collectivism is going to ruin this great society.

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 12:58:41 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

96Ag

This was blatent in my highschool senior year (and alot of other friends noticed and commented on this) only 5 years ago. I know I noticed it when all of the lessons in US gov. were injected with anecdotes of why Clinton was such a great president (this is maybe sohpmore). Praise of the internet inventor was also in full swing in 99'.

Same goes with the modern lit class in 01' where we read a book about terrorists. This was right after 9/11 and the purpose of the book was to humanize an otherwise sub-human group.

Modernism needs to end. It's trend towards collectivism is going to ruin this great society.

If you thought high school was bad try college, ARFCOM is my antidote to the liberal indoctrination
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 1:12:10 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Anybody have and email address or any contact info for this school??  

Shaw Heights
8780 Circle Drive
Westminster, CO 80030

Tel: (303) 428-9533

Principal: Myla Shepherd

First thing I thougt of when I read the post was call em up.....
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 1:13:25 PM EDT
[#50]
VIVA LA RECONQUISTA!

It's happening folks, right under our very eyes.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top