Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 9:16:39 AM EDT
[#1]
OP is why we can't have nice things.

When people have an actual issue with CS they are busy taking care of morons like that.

Go shoot it...
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 9:30:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Come on now, guy thought he had a legitimate problem and you guys are elaborately being dicks about it.

Link Posted: 12/14/2016 9:34:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Oddly enough, I ordered an untested BCG on black Friday (they had a great deal on 9310 bolts/bcgs) and the bolt I received has a laser etched MPI mark.  I can't be certain, but the finish feels much smoother than than any phosphate BCG I've handled and I suspect it might even be a nitride finish even though it was advertised as phosphate (does anyone know how I could confirm this suspicion without having to send out of for testing?).
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 9:34:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 9:34:56 AM EDT
[#5]
look what I found in the parts bin OP

Link Posted: 12/14/2016 9:42:21 AM EDT
[#6]
I have one of their bcg's that is marked 'MP' and has the o-ring.

Also have a couple of theirs marked Hpt/Mpi.

Same specs, theyre just sourced from different manufacturers.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 9:47:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Holy shit. I've got a BCM bolt that's hand etched. They musta cheated me too.

It's a vast AR vendor conspiracy.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 9:52:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Will OP ever respond? Lol!
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 9:54:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I feel bad for companies that have to deal with customers like this.
View Quote

Yup. This is how customers get fired.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 9:58:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Am I reading this correct, this guy is pissed about what's etched on a bolt? Thumbs to PSA for even responding to his dog shit to start with.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 9:59:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:07:23 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm so sick of PSA threads I could vomit.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:07:33 AM EDT
[#13]
the 39339 item description doesn't even state the bolt is marked. But The consensus is that they have the markings that you wanted and I've ordered the same bcg received the markings that you wanted. But with psa if it's not in the description it might not be exactly what you want.  But you know what? You still receives a damn good bolt carrier group
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:07:49 AM EDT
[#14]
That is why I do bot buy parts from PSA. They sell 3 grades(proving parts aren't just parts) how do you know they are picking from the correct bin when pulling orders?
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:12:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You're complaining about what's etched on the bolt?
View Quote

To be fair my BCG's that I got on Black Friday (Palmetto State Armory 5.56 Premium Full Auto Bolt Carrier Group - 8779) all have HPT/MPI laser etched on the bolt itself and I would be annoyed if they weren't.

I played this game with BCM as I got a BCG from them before they engraved anything on the carrier and the bolt only had MP laser engraved.  I know for a fact it came from them and I have the invoice.  They said that it was that way in the beginning to me and then in another thread said that it never happened that way.

DD doesn't engrave anything on their bolts.  That makes it very difficult to prove what it is if you want to sell it someday for some reason.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:41:18 AM EDT
[#16]
In for the dog pile.

OP, do you organize your M&Ms?

Shave your neckbeard or grow a real one, assemble your rifle, and shoot it.

Jeez, the OCD is strong with this one.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:43:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

To be fair my BCG's that I got on Black Friday (Palmetto State Armory 5.56 Premium Full Auto Bolt Carrier Group - 8779) all have HPT/MPI laser etched on the bolt itself and I would be annoyed if they weren't.

I played this game with BCM as I got a BCG from them before they engraved anything on the carrier and the bolt only had MP laser engraved.  I know for a fact it came from them and I have the invoice.  They said that it was that way in the beginning to me and then in another thread said that it never happened that way.

DD doesn't engrave anything on their bolts.  That makes it very difficult to prove what it is if you want to sell it someday for some reason.
View Quote

Yes the etch DD on the side of the carrier. They have been doing this for some time now.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:48:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:52:45 AM EDT
[#19]
No, you were not ripped off.  You are acting like a child however.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:57:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
That is why I do bot buy parts from PSA. They sell 3 grades(proving parts aren't just parts) how do you know they are picking from the correct bin when pulling orders?
View Quote

How do you know any parts picker is pulling the right parts for any order anywhere?
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:59:30 AM EDT
[#21]
I don't like PSA.

That said, High Pressure Inspected means they fired a very hot proof load with at least the bolt. This drops the expected life of the bolt, and HPI will never find issues these days. Almost never.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 11:00:21 AM EDT
[#22]
And of you wanted quality, shouldn't have bought cheap junk.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 11:00:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I don't know how many of you read my last post half month ago. The point is that PSA sent me an PREMIUM BCG that is not HPI/MPI marked, instead with hand etched "MP". FYI, i copy the link below.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_301/280466_Ordered_PSA_premium_BCG__Got_freedom_.html

Some friends suggested me open another post at Industry Section of This Forum. Then I did, and it works.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_301/280466_Ordered-PSA-premium-BCG--Got-freedom-.html

PSA contacted me and insist that it IS their premium BCG w/o logo.  And I insist too for a premium one with HPI/MPI markings which is the actual picture on their webpage for 39339. As I wish, I got exchange, and it just was delivered this afternoon. Unfortunately, still I got MP markings on it, and the new BCG was placed in the same tube I sent back to them. That means they elaborately picked MP mark for me to  demonstrate their idea "MP is the premium marking". What a joke, man.

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u481/pla7480/public%20photo/replaced_all20parts_zpsb4dwwh8i.jpg
http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u481/pla7480/public%20photo/replaced_staking_zpsneqx3mzz.jpg

below pasted is the same card tube sent back to them. I believe this after comparing with the picture in previous post. they have same pattern of oil stain.
http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u481/pla7480/public%20photo/replaced_box_zpsedoxtzfp.jpg

what should i do next ? So frustrating.
View Quote

Does laser engraving magically make things MPI tested?

Because I will send you a wood bolt and laser engrave MPI on it for you if you must have MPI.

While I'm at it, I'll make some other stuff 14k so you can sell it at gold cost.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 11:01:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 11:03:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lol
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 11:04:15 AM EDT
[#26]
FWIW- The PSA "Premium" bolt is about as good as they get. Yes, they do have the "PTAC" and "Freedom" lines for budget guns as well but the BCG the OP got is as good as any available anywhere.

DISCLAIMER- I don't work for them. I have no vested interest in them. They don't need me to defend them.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 11:05:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

yes he is....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You're complaining about what's etched on the bolt?

yes he is....

What is the standard with this issue?  Don't barrels get engraved/etched indicating the testing pedigree?
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 11:05:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Premium bolts  
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 11:08:31 AM EDT
[#29]

That's about how mine came.  BCG was in another clear plastic tube in there.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 11:14:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

That's about how mine came.  BCG was in another clear plastic tube in there.
View Quote

Yours came with a clear plastic tube!!!! Now I feelz ripped off

Seriously OP your being "that guy".
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 11:14:22 AM EDT
[#31]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't know how many of you read my last post half month ago. The point is that PSA sent me an PREMIUM BCG that is not HPI/MPI marked, instead with hand etched "MP". FYI, i copy the link below.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_301/280466_Ordered_PSA_premium_BCG__Got_freedom_.html

Some friends suggested me open another post at Industry Section of This Forum. Then I did, and it works.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_301/280466_Ordered-PSA-premium-BCG--Got-freedom-.html

PSA contacted me and insist that it IS their premium BCG w/o logo.  And I insist too for a premium one with HPI/MPI markings which is the actual picture on their webpage for 39339. As I wish, I got exchange, and it just was delivered this afternoon. Unfortunately, still I got MP markings on it, and the new BCG was placed in the same tube I sent back to them. That means they elaborately picked MP mark for me to  demonstrate their idea "MP is the premium marking". What a joke, man.

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u481/pla7480/public%20photo/replaced_all20parts_zpsb4dwwh8i.jpg
http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u481/pla7480/public%20photo/replaced_staking_zpsneqx3mzz.jpg

below pasted is the same card tube sent back to them. I believe this after comparing with the picture in previous post. they have same pattern of oil stain.
http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u481/pla7480/public%20photo/replaced_box_zpsedoxtzfp.jpg

what should i do next ? So frustrating.

that is not hand etched. not even close.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U420FY_NIU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRNuegwZu6g

That bolt isn't peen or rotary etched. It's lasered.

I have near exclusive access to all three and am literally whipping up an engraving right now on a Gravograph IS7000 as a type this.

Peen and rotary would take longer than is economically viable and they'd have to really beat the shit out of it with the peener and got over it ten times with the rotary.

The laser takes a second to get that result.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 11:19:01 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

What is the standard with this issue?  Don't barrels get engraved/etched indicating the testing pedigree?
View Quote

I think OP would have more legitimacy if he could actually demonstrate a PROBLEM with the BCG. Right now he just seems butthurt that he can't get a seat at the cool kids table with laser-etched, MPI/HPT credentials.

Link Posted: 12/14/2016 11:28:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Email to the pSA. Ask them kindly to do the needful. Thak you come again.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 11:42:44 AM EDT
[#34]
I am happy to see the OPs plight in GD and not in the tech forum.

We can offer him insight seldom found in the tech pages.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 11:44:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Why the Fuck did I click on this thread?

OP, get a life and a grammar class.

View Quote

This. Do you even speaka de Engrish?
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 11:49:12 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/14/2016 12:29:43 PM EDT
[#37]
OP is a troll or you have no common sense.  GTFO!
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 12:33:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

DERP indeed.  I could say the same thing about ANY thing from food to medication...  Maybe he pulled his brain from the wrong bin...
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 12:33:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
In for the dog pile.

OP, do you organize your M&Ms?

Shave your neckbeard or grow a real one, assemble your rifle, and shoot it.

Jeez, the OCD is strong with this one.
View Quote

Whenever I get a package of plain M&Ms, I make it my duty to continue the strength and robustness of the candy as a species. To this end, I hold M&M duels. Taking two candies between my thumb and forefinger, I apply pressure, squeezing them together until one of them cracks and splinters. That is the “loser,” and I eat the inferior one immediately. The winner gets to go another round. I have found that, in general, the brown and red M&Ms are tougher, and the newer blue ones are genetically inferior. I have hypothesized that the blue M&Ms as a race cannot survive long in the intense theater of competition that is the modern candy and snack-food world. Occasionally I will get a mutation, a candy that is misshapen, or pointier, or flatter than the rest. Almost invariably this proves to be a weakness, but on very rare occasions it gives the candy extra strength. In this way, the species continues to adapt to its environment. When I reach the end of the pack, I am left with one M&M, the strongest of the herd. Since it would make no sense to eat this one as well, I pack it neatly in an envelope and send it to M&M Mars, A Division of Mars, Inc., Hackettstown, NJ 17840-1503 U.S.A., along with a 3×5 card reading, “Please use this M&M for breeding purposes.” This week they wrote back to thank me, and sent me a coupon for a free 1/2 pound bag of plain M&Ms. I consider this “grant money.” I have set aside the weekend for a grand tournament. From a field of hundreds, we will discover the True Champion. There can be only one.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 12:36:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I was looking around to find the ones I got in Sept, but couldn't find them or remember if I got the premiums or something else. They were free with something I bought, ended up with 5 of them
FPSA and their free shit
View Quote

Yea I bought like 10 of those deals. PSA takes more of my money than any other retailer
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 12:38:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

lol, you're at least consistent in the utter bullshit that you post.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 12:39:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Never mind that they're in labeled cardboard tubes.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 12:41:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 12:47:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Just to clear the air, we're more than willing to send you a return label for the item if you're not satisfied with it, for exchange or refund.
View Quote

Don't think any air needed to be cleared.

But good on you PSA.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 12:49:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Just to clear the air, we're more than willing to send you a return label for the item if you're not satisfied with it, for exchange or refund.
View Quote

awesome CS PSA
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 12:51:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Great CS with you guys!  Sorry you have to deal with a-holes.     Merry Christmas!
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 12:51:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lol.....it's already apparent you tried to help him.  Some customers you just have to wipe your hands clean of.  

Don't worry, the rest of us will buy more stuff to make up for it  Fairly sure your shipping department is tired of seeing my address the last two months.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 12:58:01 PM EDT
[#48]

OP, you're an insult to special snowflakes everywhere.

Link Posted: 12/14/2016 12:58:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Come to think of it, I'll take that piece of junk off your hands for half price OP.

Link Posted: 12/14/2016 1:08:06 PM EDT
[#50]
WAT!
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top