Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:51:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So, after checking out a few GTA 4 vids on YouTube, I kind of want a PS3 now.  (But Deej, you have a perfectly working PS2).  Yeah, I know.

Question: I have a 13 inch Orion TV that is over 10 years old.  Will the PS3 work well on my old TV, or should I use our HDTV for said purposes?

Holy poop.

You know you can get a 22" HDTV from Wally World for under $150?

I may try TigerDirect cause there is a store near me.  The thing is I may try a smaller set because of the size of the cabinet and I have two kitties.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6463221&CatId=3648

Perfect for you, deej. 16" and 109 dollars.

That refresh rate is not going to be good for games.

I was looking for as cheap as possible.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:56:33 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you don't have a PS3 yet or your own HDTV. Then you should get a good 1080p television (Plasma baby!) first and then get a PS3.

What about a smaller LCD set?

It should be ok, but LCD are notorious to have upwards of 8+ frames of imput lag.

What kind of set?  Lag, in regards to LCD's, have a lot to do with the type of panel used, and the manufacturers video processing.

If you don't plan on playing online, you might not even notice it.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:14:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe spend time finding a nice job you enjoy should take priority over COD or whatever game of the month?  

Not flaming, just asking.

He can't have some down time too? Lighten up.

If you've been here since '07, you should know that Deej isn't a punk who only thinks about the "game of the month".

Wasnt a flame.  It was a reality check.

And trust me, I dont get downtime.  Im lucky to find 2 hours a night that Im not obligated to something.

I am NOT the guy you want to argue with about sacrifice, hardship, or financial problems.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 12:58:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe spend time finding a nice job you enjoy should take priority over COD or whatever game of the month?  

Not flaming, just asking.

He can't have some down time too? Lighten up.

If you've been here since '07, you should know that Deej isn't a punk who only thinks about the "game of the month".

Wasnt a flame.  It was a reality check.

And trust me, I dont get downtime.  Im lucky to find 2 hours a night that Im not obligated to something.

I am NOT the guy you want to argue with about sacrifice, hardship, or financial problems.

Thanks for your contributions.  I'm fully aware of what my "reality" is.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top