Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 5:27:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Finally a thread worth reading on ARFCOM today!

BigDozer66

Thanks Dozer and God Bless Texas!
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 5:27:48 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tell him that if he drills a hole all the way through them, they will expand even better.

Does the drill bit need to be hot or cold?

Someone's got a case of lead poisoning on those I bet

Not unless he boiled the shavings in vinegar, then drank it.  Lead is hard  to absorb in elemental form.

Link Posted: 12/19/2012 5:28:20 AM EDT
[#3]
That's awesome.

Thanks for sharing, OP.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 5:30:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Tell him that if he drills a hole all the way through them, they will expand even better.

Not unless he boiled the shavings in vinegar, then drank it.  Lead is hard  to absorb in elemental form.

Leave it to Keith to take some silly juvenile humor and add deep scientific meaning to it....

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 5:31:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 5:31:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I doubt it's lead exposure- I am leaning more toward fetal alcohol syndrome mixed with crack baby. He asked for an attorney before I could get his troll username.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 5:31:50 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hand carved pointy lead bullets are really useful.

I was thinking the same thing, but I didn't tell the suspect that. He kept going on about "armor piercing" to kill cops.

This. All cops need to practice the art of giving absolutely terrible advice to criminals in a casual manner, while off camera.

The 'street' doesn't read shit, and it is absolutely amazing how prevalent a stupid idea spread by word of mouth can be.

Edit: Example: "The best bullets have a small hole in them all the way through, and the department has been trying to get them for ages, but ammo makers can't make them because they're so deadly that the government won't let them!"

Then just wait for the news reports

Link Posted: 12/19/2012 5:32:09 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

COP KILLERS !

this has been the best thread yet today.

Link Posted: 12/19/2012 5:35:47 AM EDT
[#9]
The LEO's around there are lucky this guy didn't have access to virgin Teflon.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 5:37:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was thinking the same thing, but I didn't tell the suspect that. He kept going on about "armor piercing" to kill cops.

This. All cops need to practice the art of giving absolutely terrible advice to criminals in a casual manner, while off camera.  

The 'street' doesn't read shit, and it is absolutely amazing how prevalent a stupid idea spread by word of mouth can be.

Edit: Example: "The best bullets have a small hole in them all the way through, and the department has been trying to get them for ages, but ammo makers can't make them because they're so deadly that the government won't let them!"

The street may not read, but they sure as shit watch youtube.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 5:38:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would love to, but too many cellphone cameras out there for that. Usually nature takes it's course there without any outside help anyway.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 5:42:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 5:42:20 AM EDT
[#13]
I want the story behind this
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 5:43:32 AM EDT
[#14]
and you wonder why homies never hit what they are shooting at.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 5:45:47 AM EDT
[#15]
"I'm happy that you didn't drill the hole all the way through.  That would have made them really deadly."
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 5:47:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I don't know what everyone is laughing at.  I've always made my own full metal jacket anti-alien rounds.  I developed this after I was abducted the third time.  

http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x432/jcooney10311/Zombie%20Apocolypse/IMG_1081.jpg

Looks like a little Ku Klux Klan member.

ETA:

I wish Old_Painless could do a Box 'o truth with those things - I'd be interested in the results.  I'm curious as whether or not the pointy cop-killers would even make down the barrel, or even stay intact for that matter (provided the rifling even gets a grip on them).
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 6:08:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I don't know what everyone is laughing at.  I've always made my own full metal jacket anti-alien rounds.  I developed this after I was abducted the third time.  

http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x432/jcooney10311/Zombie%20Apocolypse/IMG_1081.jpg

Be careful or the MSM will see that and think it's real!  
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 6:12:03 AM EDT
[#18]
I let a speed loader go through the wash once and the rounds looked a lot like that.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 6:14:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Things to do when you get stoned
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 6:16:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Dum dums recovered from a dum dum.

Threadwinner.

Link Posted: 12/19/2012 6:17:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Things to do when you get stoned

would be the best Jeopardy category ever!
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 6:22:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I love the clip where the reporter was talking with the gang member about his "magic purple paralyzing bullets" that make you freeze if they hit you anywhere in your body.

They were snap caps.  

Awesome thread, OP!  Finally something entertaining to read today!  
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 6:27:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 6:31:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I love the clip where the reporter was talking with the gang member about his "magic purple paralyzing bullets" that make you freeze if they hit you anywhere in your body.

They were snap caps.  

Awesome thread, OP!  Finally something entertaining to read today!  

Well, terminal ballistics of a tube-like projectile could be devastating. Someone might even decide to test a sabot solution...

Link Posted: 12/19/2012 6:35:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Don't worry, they weren't his pants.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 6:38:22 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Claims he used a revolver so no shell casings would be left, and hand-carved the rounds to kill cops/pierce armor and "start fires."

Either been at the house watching too much CSI, or on Arfcom reading microstamping threads.

Link Posted: 12/19/2012 6:46:03 AM EDT
[#27]
Getto Rounds, used in Drive by Shootings by Boyz in the Hood....
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 8:37:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA:

I wish Old_Painless could do a Box 'o truth with those things - I'd be interested in the results.  I'm curious as whether or not the pointy cop-killers would even make down the barrel, or even stay intact for that matter (provided the rifling even gets a grip on them).

Gee, I never even thought of that.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 12:29:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Well, I've seen everything now.

Close the internet.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 12:32:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What the fuck?

Dude, we want the story

THIS. PLEASE?

OK- but it's a long story for GD.

Surveillance in the hood where there have been 7 shootings in the past 2 weeks. All drug/gang related, and all tied together/retaliatory.

Assisting homicide div with watching one of the section 8 tenements and heard several shots at about 0400.  About 10 seconds later, a vehicle tears ass past me containing what looks like a masked person.  

2 unit block him while myself and 2 more complete the stop.  Wrong place at the wrong time for him and a poor egress plan. He throws his arms several feet out of the open window like Superman, screaming "DON'T SHOOT, IT'S NOT LOADED."

Well, it's not loaded because he just finished firing the damn thing into a house. Zero casualties. Cheap revolver still warm. Vehicle smells like a trip to the range.

The .380 in his back pocket WAS LOADED, as was the .22 revolver on his seat. The speed loader in the pic was in his front pocket.

Claims he used a revolver so no shell casings would be left, and hand-carved the rounds to kill cops/pierce armor and "start fires."

With that kind of brain power joe biden should be asking for his help on the upcomming gun ban.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 12:41:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA:

Been done.

Dum Dum Bullets and the Box O' Truth

Hey, O_P, your site's running ads for Bloomberg's douche group.  Just so you know.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 12:47:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA:

Been done.

Dum Dum Bullets and the Box O' Truth

Hey, O_P, your site's running ads for Bloomberg's douche group.  Just so you know.  

not on mine. Shows guns and chevy
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 12:50:11 PM EDT
[#33]
TinyPic is busted, Imageshack requires an account...

Let's try this...

Link Posted: 12/19/2012 12:51:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Let's try this...

http://s9.postimage.org/5ju0mupzj/OPgotganked.jpg

wow
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 12:52:08 PM EDT
[#35]
this guy grew up eating paint chips, found a more reliable source.  its the only way it makes sense to me.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 1:32:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 1:48:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Nice job catching the shooter op.Cool story too.

Personally I'd tell them to drill a hole in the side of the casing. Tell them you do it to all of your ammunition.

"you see It's a speed hole,makes  the bullets go faster. Also don't worry if a bunch of powder comes out. That's safety powder"
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 1:51:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The LEO's around there are lucky this guy didn't have access to virgin Teflon.

oh man im so taking that idea!

off to teh presses!
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 1:57:31 PM EDT
[#39]

The pointy ones go in easier.

Link Posted: 12/19/2012 2:02:44 PM EDT
[#40]
What would these bullets do in terms of ballistics and penetration?

I'm sure they wouldn't just bounce off.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 2:07:22 PM EDT
[#41]
WTF!?  Is this guy like Ghost Dog or something?
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 2:11:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

If you have an old dropbox account, it might still have a public folder. Imgur is good for pic uploading, too. I know you got it posted, just offering alternatives.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 2:19:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Nice job catching the shooter op.Cool story too.

Personally I'd tell them to drill a hole in the side of the casing. Tell them you do it to all of your ammunition.

"you see It's a speed hole,makes  the bullets go faster. Also don't worry if a bunch of powder comes out. That's safety powder"

"Try it, first one of these then a regular one, the bullet goes so fast that it doesnt kick much on the first one" (just be sure to get the local ER invloved for mangled fingers cross refferanced with felony records, do a GSR test and you are set)
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 2:25:13 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There are new articles/videos about gang bangers boasting about their special rounds. When you see them you can tell they are just snap caps.

Link Posted: 12/19/2012 2:25:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Oddest thing was parts of a pot pipe and lighter.  What's unusual about that?  The rest of the parts of said items were driven into the shooter's own thigh by a .30-06 round.  Said genious was having difficulty unloading his remington autoloader so he rests the muzzle on his thigh while trying to get the magazine out.  I believe he either pulled the trigger in a moment of stupid or accidentally slid his pinky through the trigger guard and pulled the trigger accidentally.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 2:33:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Oddest thing was parts of a pot pipe and lighter.  What's unusual about that?  The rest of the parts of said items were driven into the shooter's own thigh by a .30-06 round.  Said genious was having difficulty unloading his remington autoloader so he rests the muzzle on his thigh while trying to get the magazine out.  I believe he either pulled the trigger in a moment of stupid or accidentally slid his pinky through the trigger guard and pulled the trigger accidentally.

Ouch
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 2:34:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
WTF!?  Is this guy like Ghost Dog or something?

Wow- nice reference.  No, he wasn't swapping out license plates 'with a quickness.'
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 2:40:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What the fuck?

Dude, we want the story

THIS. PLEASE?

Surveillance in the hood where there have been 7 shootings in the past 2 weeks. All drug/gang related, and all tied together/retaliatory.

Assisting homicide div with watching one of the section 8 tenements and heard several shots at about 0400.  About 10 seconds later, a vehicle tears ass past me containing what looks like a masked person.  

2 unit block him while myself and 2 more complete the stop.  Wrong place at the wrong time for him and a poor egress plan. He throws his arms several feet out of the open window like Superman, screaming "DON'T SHOOT, IT'S NOT LOADED."

Well, it's not loaded because he just finished firing the damn thing into a house. Zero casualties. Cheap revolver still warm. Vehicle smells like a trip to the range.

The .380 in his back pocket WAS LOADED, as was the .22 revolver on his seat. The speed loader in the pic was in his front pocket.

He admitted this to multiple officers on scene?

Any extra charges that can be added to Mr. Dumbass?
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 3:16:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Try this:

Searching cab of semi belonging to tweaker trucker.  Find a home-made fleshlight consisting of a rolled up heating pad wrapped in a towel.  Some duct tape, a plastic bag for a liner, and bottle of KY completed the device.

I never hated being a cop more than at that moment.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 3:19:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What the fuck?

Dude, we want the story

THIS. PLEASE?

He admitted this to multiple officers on scene?

Any extra charges that can be added to Mr. Dumbass?

Spontaneous utterances, Post Miranda, but our DA's office would give Charlie Manson parole...we'll see.  Zero witnesses at the residence willing to testify, same old g-code bull.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top