Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 9:57:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
AR15Fan - I suppose no one who has Diabetes, or Cancer in their family history, or heart disease or any other illness should reproduce either since they are not 'perfect'.
View Quote

Well, one of my complaints with modern medicine is it allows sickly people who would normally never live to reproductive age to reproduce. Natural selection is a good thing, it improves all species.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 10:00:29 AM EDT
[#2]
it seems like 90% of the advice here is based on third hand knowledge at best. My wife for 11 years went on paxcil 6 months ago, she was turning into a wreck, short tempered, emotional, anixety attacks, etc. Nothing had changed in our lives to bring this on, the paxcil has restored her to her former self, no problem side effects , no lack of sex drive, etc. There are things like chem. imbalances that happen as we get older, its part of growing old guys. I myself suffer from cluster headaches , i have a bout about every year or two, they too are brough on by chem . imbalance.  
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 10:00:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, wannabe, do you mix guns and alcohol? Do you think folks who are addicts and alcoholics, in a constantly impaired state, should have guns? Is it different if it is a state-approved psych drug?
I think folks who are whacked out enough to either *need* drugs to stay sane, or those who are substance abusers, are the ones most likely to give the anti-gunners yet more reasons to disarm us.
I still don't think crazies should be allowed guns. Isn't this a question on the Brady form, btw?
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 10:04:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Please do not reproduce. With both parents having a mental illness, the children would never have a chance at a normal life.
View Quote

Unbelievable...  In a world where medical advances happen daily, you would believe that there is no way to diagnose and treat a chemical imbalance?  Just because my body doesn't make enough of this chemical or that chemical, I am a bad person, and not fit to own a gun or even HAVE CHILDREN?  

I have tried the medicine free road.  I have been to counseling.  I have kept logs and diaries and planners as an attempt to get around medication.  It didn't work.  

(too disgusted to even think more right now)

wannabe
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 10:10:59 AM EDT
[#5]
I think I'm having an anxiety attack reading this thread.  Please pass the xanax, valium,
prozac. Please!
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 10:11:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Please do not reproduce. With both parents having a mental illness, the children would never have a chance at a normal life.

Well, one of my complaints with modern medicine is it allows sickly people who would normally never live to reproductive age to reproduce. Natural selection is a good thing, it improves all species.
View Quote

Then how did a fucking idiot like you come to be? You're a purple prick.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 10:12:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Do you think folks who are addicts and alcoholics, in a constantly impaired state, should have guns? Is it different if it is a state-approved psych drug?
View Quote

A 'constantly impaired state' is what a person would be in if they stopped taking their SSRI's.  

wannabe
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 10:20:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Clearly stupidity is also genetic, and I would encourage you to follow the same advice...

Hannah-
As to "mind altering substances", the role of sugar in altering brain chemistry has become quite clear.  Most everything we ingest has this ultimate effect as well, otherwise it wouldn't be ingested.  Can I own guns and Snickers bars?

LSD and pentathol were used as *part* of a complex interrogation protocol. They don't cause people to become spontaneous blabbermouths...

The diabetes analogy is an apt one for this discussion because it points out that there *is* a biological basis for behavior, among other things that influence who we are.  

Meds help, sometimes.  Not all the time, but some of the time.  Eugenics doesn't help, ever.

(edited 'cuz sometimes *I'm* stupid...)
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 10:20:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sounds suspiciously like the supreme race talk that made hitler so popular throughout history...

wannabe
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 10:21:22 AM EDT
[#10]
 AR15fan, i used to sound just like you.  Now I am on Paxil myself.  It all stems from an auto accident, which can happen to anyone, EVEN YOU. SSRI's are also used in the management of long-term pain, which has psychological consequences all its own.  My choices were Paxil or narcotics.  Paxil is definitely the lesser of two evils.  I can funtion somewhat normally on Paxil, I can drive, shoot, concentrate, even stay awake thru a boring sermon. While I agree that SSRI's are overprescribed, in some cases they ARE necessary.
 As far as personality changes, some do, some don't.  The only sexual side effect on me is that now I last all night long....
 If your friend has personality difficulties, Paxil did not create them.  It sounds harsh, but I'd walk away.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 10:32:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
blahblahblah...don't reproduce... blahblah
View Quote

View Quote

twasn't me that said it.  twas me that it was directed at...  by ar15fan...

wannabe
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 10:39:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Got it! Sorry!  See my edit...
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 10:53:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Well, the responses are as one would suppose, an addict always defends their drug.
If the SHTF though, remind me again why I would want to be in a trench or bunker with loons who cant function without their "happy pills", ok?
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 11:02:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Well, the responses are as one would suppose, an addict always defends their drug.
If the SHTF though, remind me again why I would want to be in a trench or bunker with loons who cant function without their "happy pills", ok?
View Quote

Who says we'd be in the same trench?
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 11:03:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Hanna - I take no drugs, hence cannot be defending 'my drugs'.  

Also, I would suspect that you would be happy to have just about anyone in your trench shitting their pants right along with you when TSHF.  Maybe, someone who has had difficultites in dealing with certain issues in their lives may not look down on you as you cry and beg for mercy as TSHF.  Maybe you've seen your share of action in the field and maybe not.  If not, then you have no idea what you will do when the time comes.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 11:14:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have spent years functioning pretty well without my medication.  I am working on being able to leave my medication behind eventually.  I dislike taking meds every day, and I don't, usually.  I am perfectly capable of taking care of myself without without my medication.  I am simply more effective when I have it.

wannabe
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top