Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:14:34 AM EDT
[#1]
That's why you never ASSUME - you make and ass out of you and me.

Quoted:
If you look at how far the Merc traveled (compared to other cars), I'm thinking she ran a red light - so it doesn't REALLY seem that careless on the part of the pedestrian - as someone mentioned above.

Usually, when cars are stopped and you've got a green WALK, you kind of assume that other cars are going to stop as well.

I'm oddly fascinated by the flying briefcase!

Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:23:35 AM EDT
[#2]
The cars appear to have the steering wheels on the left side and they are driving on the right side of the road. I've never been to Europe. Do some European countries drive the same setup as we here in America do? Just curious and not trying to hijack the thread.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:24:50 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
That's why you never ASSUME - you make and ass out of you and me.

If I never hear that expression again, it'll be a million years to soon!  

I have to admit, I ASSUME things all the time.

For example, when I start my car in the university parking lot, I assume that no disgruntled students have wired a bomb to the ignition, cut my brake lines, etc.

Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:27:07 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The cars appear to have the steering wheels on the left side and they are driving on the right side of the road. I've never been to Europe. Do some European countries drive the same setup as we here in America do? Just curious and not trying to hijack the thread.

Almost all European countries use the same setup.  Britain still does it the other way around (Sweden used to, but stopped in the early 70s or late 60s or something) and other commonwealth countries do - Australia, Malaysia and Singapore are the ones I've been to that still do so - there are probably others.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:30:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks! I need to get out more.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:30:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Yep, it's just us British on the left hand side.

but then at our pedestrian crossings, if you see a green man/light/whatever, you know that the car's are required to stop for you, unlike some other European countries where as far as I can tell it mean's it's probably safe to cross, but traffic might bne turning into the road you're crossing.

Bloody french, etc.

/Phil

Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:31:16 AM EDT
[#7]
I want to know what happened to the driver after she was caught and apparently didn't even know she had hit someone...
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:34:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Speaking of "owned" pictures....does anybody have the one with the chick (semi nude) getting plastered to the bathroom wall with a plunger on her face?

That one made me piss my pants I was laughing so hard.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:38:29 AM EDT
[#9]
here you go:http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:jZqdrA01FqQJ:bloodrose.hektik.org/botd/owned.jpg
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:39:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Yeah...that's the one! ( I gotta change my pants again)
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 11:36:56 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Only in Britain, Malta and Cyprus do Europeans drive on the left side of the road.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 11:37:51 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I want to know what happened to the driver after she was caught and apparently didn't even know she had hit someone...

Scroll back up, I posted that already.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 8:18:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks alot, btw, to the guy who hotlinked to the pics all over creation. Store them at your own Web server next time. That was a gig of bandwidth right there.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 8:20:39 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
here you go:http://DUH!.jpg

IBTB!
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 8:28:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Also, I'm a tad disturbed at the /kind/ of sites the pics have been posted to.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top