Quoted:

I did read the article.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Freedom and less .gov intervention, do you speak it? From some of your other posts Im going with no.

Critical thinking, do you do it?  Don't be used as a tool.  Read the article, question it's motives, ask questions about portions that don't make sense.  Do this for everything you see, read, and hear.

I did read the article.

Were you high when you read it?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:51:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I don't like the law, but sounds like he was breaking state and fed ones when he sold his pot.  

The medical and ID card crap went right out the window when he decided to become a drug dealer, and not just a medicinal user
View Quote

Nah man.... you just don't get it. You lack the common sense that is behind the need for legalization man. Medical marijuana is about medicine. People never used it just to get high and as a stepping stone to legalization.

I am sure his neighbors loved his drug dealing too

In his guilty plea, he should have covered asset forfeiture. He chose poorly, on multiple levels.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:01:07 AM EDT
[#3]

OK, what about this scenario:

I get $265,000 from the US Gov't, I pack up my stuff and move off to Bever-ly Hills that is, no, Florida.    I aim to buy a house in FL but I don't know which of the 5 final picks with 3 different realtors I will end up with, so, I get a cashiers check for $255,000, and I take $10,000 in cash with me to cover moving expenses, new furniture, food, etc. I do this because if I transfer the entire amount into a new account down there, there is a 10 business day hold on funds, and I have to sign the IRS form anyway.

OK, so between CO and FL, say I get pulled over for a bad taillight on the trailer, and, because of my CO license plate, Jim Bob Budreau decides to call out their one and only "drug dog" to search the vehicle and trailer.    My neighbor downstairs on welfare, smokes pot 4 times a day, and the smoke comes in my windows and up thru the air vent, settles into porous belongings, so the "drug dog" hits on it.  Jim Bob calls out the rest of his Parish Police Dept to come search my shit, they unload the trailer, unload the SUV, don't find a single rolling paper, roach, roach clip, pipe, nothing except the Rx prescribed by my doctor, and, the $10,000 cash and cashiers' check for $255,000.  Because Jim Bob Budreau is pissed off they didn't find anything, but he decides to seize the cash and cashiers' check, stating drug runners have adapted to police procedures and have used money orders,cashiers' checks to move large amounts of money across state lines instead of cash.  And because their "drug dog" hit on stuff in my vehicle and trailer, I must have at some point, had mary jane or other illegal substances in the rig at some time.

I stick around the bum fuck Lousy-Anna town waiting to see the judge on my seized property, retain a local attorney to represent the property seized.     I show the judge exactly where the money came from, despite having not worked in ten years,  the origin of the large sum of money is actually the USDOJ itself.    Parish is corrupt, they know they get a share of seized property, especially now when EH waived the Fed's cut of seizures.    Judge decides the paperwork is questionable, decides in favor of Bum Fuck Parish retaining possession of the seized cash and monetary instrument.  

Now it is left to me to fight their parish on my limited income, after six months I can no longer afford the attorney's billed hours and filing fees, so I can no longer afford to fight to get back the money I legally received.

That is where all this property forfeiture institutionalized theft is going.....

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:13:54 AM EDT
[#4]

Sounds like he broke the law.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:21:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I get $265,000 from the US Gov't, I pack up my stuff and move off to Bever-ly Hills that is, no, Florida.    I aim to buy a house in FL but I don't know which of the 5 final picks with 3 different realtors I will end up with, so, I get a cashiers check for $255,000, and I take $10,000 in cash with me to cover moving expenses, new furniture, food, etc. I do this because if I transfer the entire amount into a new account down there, there is a 10 business day hold on funds, and I have to sign the IRS form anyway.

OK, so between CO and FL, say I get pulled over for a bad taillight on the trailer, and, because of my CO license plate, Jim Bob Budreau decides to call out their one and only "drug dog" to search the vehicle and trailer.    My neighbor downstairs on welfare, smokes pot 4 times a day, and the smoke comes in my windows and up thru the air vent, settles into porous belongings, so the "drug dog" hits on it.  Jim Bob calls out the rest of his Parish Police Dept to come search my shit, they unload the trailer, unload the SUV, don't find a single rolling paper, roach, roach clip, pipe, nothing except the Rx prescribed by my doctor, and, the $10,000 cash and cashiers' check for $255,000.  Because Jim Bob Budreau is pissed off they didn't find anything, but he decides to seize the cash and cashiers' check, stating drug runners have adapted to police procedures and have used money orders,cashiers' checks to move large amounts of money across state lines instead of cash.  And because their "drug dog" hit on stuff in my vehicle and trailer, I must have at some point, had mary jane or other illegal substances in the rig at some time.

I stick around the bum fuck Lousy-Anna town waiting to see the judge on my seized property, retain a local attorney to represent the property seized.     I show the judge exactly where the money came from, despite having not worked in ten years,  the origin of the large sum of money is actually the USDOJ itself.    Parish is corrupt, they know they get a share of seized property, especially now when EH waived the Fed's cut of seizures.    Judge decides the paperwork is questionable, decides in favor of Bum Fuck Parish retaining possession of the seized cash and monetary instrument.  

Now it is left to me to fight their parish on my limited income, after six months I can no longer afford the attorney's billed hours and filing fees, so I can no longer afford to fight to get back the money I legally received.

That is where all this property forfeiture institutionalized theft is going.....

View Quote

I have a bumper sticker that has an arrow towards my license plate that states "NOT PC OR RS"  
NSP gets real butthurt over it oh well
"call you fucking k9 and a shift supervisor, clocks ticking"
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:38:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Reason. com ....check

2lbs for personal use.....check

$600k is assets to seize....check

Not a statist, but not gullible either.
View Quote

UNDER 2 pounds.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:27:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Can't wait till you claim PTSD and lose your guns.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Druggie = shitbird = GOOD STEAL!

Can't wait till you claim PTSD and lose your guns.

i bet he already does.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:57:46 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Exactly. Dude pled guilty to 2 pounds to avoid going to jail for life. This guy was a serious grower. For those not versed in the marijuana business, the way these operations work is that the grower has mother plants that are in a constant vegetative state. He or she takes cuttings from the mothers and roots them and lets them grow to a certain height under an 18 to 24 hour light cycle. Those plants are then put under a 12 hour light cycle, which forces them to flower. The best commercial strains can fully flower in 6 weeks. As soon as those plants are harvested, the next group is put under the 12 hour cycle lights, meaning that if you have a system capable of flowering 160 plants at a time, you can easily grow 10 pounds of high grade pot every 6 weeks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Azcentral ran a story...said 156 mj plants and 10lbs of weed seized

Exactly. Dude pled guilty to 2 pounds to avoid going to jail for life. This guy was a serious grower. For those not versed in the marijuana business, the way these operations work is that the grower has mother plants that are in a constant vegetative state. He or she takes cuttings from the mothers and roots them and lets them grow to a certain height under an 18 to 24 hour light cycle. Those plants are then put under a 12 hour light cycle, which forces them to flower. The best commercial strains can fully flower in 6 weeks. As soon as those plants are harvested, the next group is put under the 12 hour cycle lights, meaning that if you have a system capable of flowering 160 plants at a time, you can easily grow 10 pounds of high grade pot every 6 weeks.
lol

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 3:25:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

surely it was sarcasm
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 6:42:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

surely it was sarcasm
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

surely it was sarcasm

He seems pretty happy that shouldering a Sig Brace is the creation of an illegal SBR, so I'm guessing not.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 6:49:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

yeah, no shit. Sounds legit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So he had $ 600k laying around but was just growing for his buddies who were sick, uh huh.

yeah, no shit. Sounds legit.

I am pretty sure that includes his assets. House, cars, retirement savings, and etc.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 6:58:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

UNDER 2 pounds.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Reason. com ....check

2lbs for personal use.....check

$600k is assets to seize....check

Not a statist, but not gullible either.

UNDER 2 pounds.

But 156 plants, yeah it's for "medical" purposes. I have family that use Medical MJ, this article is so slanted and FOS it's hilarious!
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 8:03:24 AM EDT
[#13]
I have 2 kilos of coke. My dealer is the SAMs club of dealers. You have to buy it in a two pack bro.

Personal use.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 8:20:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Asset seizure is bullshit but dude fucked up. You don't hold your friends medical MJ anymore than you would hold your friends oxy. If its a prescribed drug then you have to treat it as such or you get treated like a drug dealer.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 8:24:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Pssss.   Over here.....

Wanna buy plans for a kill dozer?
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 8:42:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Pic of perp:

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 8:51:49 AM EDT
[#17]
This story says 10 lbs

GOODYEAR, Ariz. (AP) -- Police in Goodyear say they've busted a large
marijuana growing operation and arrested at least one suspect in the
case.

The police department's new narcotics unit executed a search warrant
early Thursday at a Goodyear home, assisted by federal drug agents and a
Glendale SWAT team.

They say 51-year-old Steven Oates was taken into custody on suspicion
of possessing marijuana for sale and possession of narcotics.

Police say Oates is being held on a $150,000 cash bond and two other suspects are being sought as investigative leads.

They say 156 marijuana plants were discovered at the home along with more than 10 pounds of marijuana.

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 8:59:57 AM EDT
[#18]
I'd love to be on that jury.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:04:02 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm sure it's been said already but... I feel so much safer.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:11:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
So he had $ 600k laying around but was just growing for his buddies who were sick, uh huh.
View Quote

Well yeah. ... duh. ....
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:14:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Marijuana still is illegal on a Federal Level.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:37:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Me, too.  I will feel even safer when people start getting busted for shouldering Sig braces, you know, because it's illegal.

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:51:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Your facts are RACISS...  Don't you know it's medicine?  Think of the children who will get ricketts if he doesn't have 156 plants producing 1-2 pounds each every 12 weeks for at least 600 lbs. of weed medicine at $2k per pound wholesale for about $1.2 million per year.

They should have checked harder; this dude has cash stashed in a safe deposit box, storage locker or somewhere else that they didn't find.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:57:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

If it is so open and shut why didn't they use criminal asset forfeiture? Why charge the money rather than the person?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gonna get bashed by the GD freedom experts here but away I go......in a civil forfeiture process the govt alleges the property they are going after is obtained from illegal activity. They can't just take the money (which it appears they are seizing) based on the guy just owning it. It is accused of being connected to him selling to others on the side. Not the fact he had two pot plants. That are stating he moved $600k or whatever. If the guy is on disability and worked a $30,000 job and last worked at it 8 yrs ago with no "proof" of where over half a million dollars came from its going to get you loved tenderly. Especially if he can't say where all the assets and cash in his accounts came from. You also get one end of every one of these because the cops don't thro all the info on the front page with Mr. Do Good citizen and Mr Justice for All (with money) lawyer.

If it is so open and shut why didn't they use criminal asset forfeiture? Why charge the money rather than the person?

I'm going with makes the money inaccessible for him to provide a competent defense for himself. The money has to prove itself innocent before he can get it back.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:24:24 AM EDT
[#25]
If someone wants to grow poppy for heroin, grow pot, coca, make meth, etc. for their own consumption....we should mind our own business, "pursuit of happiness" and all that.

Selling it? Nope

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:27:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
If someone wants to grow poppy for heroin, grow pot, coca, make meth, etc. for their own consumption....we should mind our own business, "pursuit of happiness" and all that.

Selling it? Nope

View Quote

Why not?  Buyers are willing participants.  There's no victims here.

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:27:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Your facts are RACISS...  Don't you know it's medicine?  Think of the children who will get ricketts if he doesn't have 156 plants producing 1-2 pounds each every 12 weeks for at least 600 lbs. of weed medicine at $2k per pound wholesale for about $1.2 million per year.

They should have checked harder; this dude has cash stashed in a safe deposit box, storage locker or somewhere else that they didn't find.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:36:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

I would wager one dollar American that they are also seizing his house, which has a guest house, so most of that could be from his home.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:37:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I, for one, am glad this super dangerous drug dealer is off the streets.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Obviously a regular Walter White.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:37:27 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So after this have we finally won the war on drugs?  
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:39:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Marijuana still is illegal on a Federal Level.
View Quote

I guess some folks saw Judge Dredd as an instruction manual.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:47:35 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Selling it? Nope

You've got a point. Liquor is sold.
I guess I'm thinking this as compromise and maybe it's because of the problem China had when opium was legally sold and rampant
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:47:44 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:55:39 AM EDT
[#34]
So he ran a drug operation, made an allegedly 455k in money from this operation, govt ceases his 455k, drug dealer claims he lost 600k so far (so 145k loss).

Dealer has to prove how much money he made illegally vs legally, should he be able to prove his legal earnings they have to return the funds.

He's out of 145k?  Big fucken boo.  Next time try not to run a drug operation and you're not going to have any legal bills and court fees.   To me this is the equivocal of the guy who bitched a couple months ago because his DUI has set him back 50k in legal fees so far.  You can't use legal fees or property damage as a claim leverage during a asset forfeiture operation.

He should have grown for himself only and this would have been a non-issue.  But the issue came into play that he grew for his friends and fellow users too, who didn't have a permit... which puts him over the limits.  I'm not really sure why anyone would want to take the risk and run the operation for other people and lose $6k doing so according to him.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:03:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Dudes like this give medical MJ a bad rep and set that cause back.  I'm a proponent of the 2nd A, but I wouldn't hitch my wagon to a guy that engaged in straw purchases.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:07:30 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Dudes like this give medical MJ a bad rep and set that cause back.  I'm a proponent of the 2nd A, but I wouldn't hitch my wagon to a guy that engaged in straw purchases.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let's presume that what he said in the article is true for the sake of discussion.  How would a group of people growing in a co-op give the community a bad rap?
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:24:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Let's presume that what he said in the article is true for the sake of discussion.  How would a group of people growing in a co-op give the community a bad rap?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You lost me there.  Read the article and the Azcental article.  Something is not right and you should be wise to question it.  Again, if there is a guy who can leagally own firearms, but decides to engage in straw purchases, fuck him.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:47:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

You lost me there.  Read the article and the Azcental article.  Something is not right and you should be wise to question it.  Again, if there is a guy who can leagally own firearms, but decides to engage in straw purchases, fuck him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The something that's not right is the war on some drugs.

Other than "The government says it's wrong" why does a co-op grow for medical purposes (again just going with this for the sake of discussion, I don't know enough either way to agree with or dismiss that assertion) set the cause back?
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:52:57 PM EDT
[#39]

"[N]or be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law. . . ."

This should be easy enough even for the mental midgets on the courts to understand.  How they can play this game where they sue the "property" despite the plain language of the Fifth Amendment is beyond me.  

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:18:54 AM EDT
[#40]
Just...Fuck...Everybody!!

The pilgrims came here for freedom.  It would be good if we could also go somewhere for freedom.  But there is no place left to go.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:23:42 AM EDT
[#41]
Government asset forfeiture should be outlawed. Or call it what it is government theft
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:23:59 AM EDT
[#42]
fuck the war on drugs.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top