BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 4:33:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Boutique brands were always a crap-shoot. That said, if the stars align I would love to buy a Wal if they are what they say they are.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sounds like they're not going to stop making or selling Ovations, they're just gonna move production somewhere else.

I know the used market sucks because I have guitars to sell.  The only ones people want used anymore are American made Gibsons, Martins, and Fenders. Boutique brands aren't selling.

Boutique brands were always a crap-shoot. That said, if the stars align I would love to buy a Wal if they are what they say they are.

Yea I bought a James Trussart. Steel  Deville for Christmas.

Boutique guitars are great as long as you do your research. Resale value is in the eye of the beholder  what is your dream guitar may be the next guys nightmare.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 4:34:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sounds like they're not going to stop making or selling Ovations, they're just gonna move production somewhere else.

I know the used market sucks because I have guitars to sell.  The only ones people want used anymore are American made Gibsons, Martins, and Fenders. Boutique brands aren't selling.

I can't even sell my Gretsch.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 4:42:11 PM EDT
[#3]

You have to be an old timer to remember the Glen Campbell Good Time Hour.

Link Posted: 4/28/2014 4:44:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a mahogany Deacon sitting next to me right now. (Photo - far right)

I bought it in college over 30 years ago and gave it to my son a few years back. He plays it much better than I ever did.

Link Posted: 4/28/2014 5:02:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have a mahogany Deacon sitting next to me right now. (Photo - far right)

I bought it in college over 30 years ago and gave it to my son a few years back. He plays it much better than I ever did.

http://www.ovationgallery.com/Feature/Feature-serial-bwinner.jpg
View Quote

Very nice.  I never had the pleasure of owning a Deacon.  I suspect the price of nice examples will soon begin to rise dramatically.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 5:19:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've had 2 Wal Basses. A '93 Mach II and '77 Pro IIE. Still have the Pro. They are outstanding instruments. Had to sell the Mach when times got rough.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 5:31:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I always thought a lot of women played them because it didn't cut into the tits. They are aggravating to play because they want to slide down into you lap with that curved back.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 5:32:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I always thought a lot of women played them because it didn't cut into the tits. They are aggravating to play because they want to slide down into you lap with that curved back.
View Quote

Yep, gotta strap up.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 5:41:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yep, gotta strap up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, gotta strap up.

This.

And although they are lacking in tone, for unamplified stage performance nothing equaled the volume of an Ovation.

I had an early production Legend model and passed it to my son.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 5:42:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Fender killed Hamer too. Wonder how long Jackson is gonna stay around.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:29:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I've had 2 Wal Basses. A '93 Mach II and '77 Pro IIE. Still have the Pro. They are outstanding instruments. Had to sell the Mach when times got rough.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

that stinks, but its just stuff. Of course you still have 1, and that is more than I have touched!
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:41:32 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I was not going to go there but I agree, the ones I have played event the high end ones were terrible.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It is an iconic guitar and it sucks to see another American factory close it's doors. I'm glad the employees will be taken care of.

Honestly, though, it doesn't surprise me at all. They're ugly ass guitars, uncomfortable to play, and sound awful unless you get into some of their higher end guitars. And even at that point, I think you'd be better off putting that money towards a Martin or a Taylor. Just my opinion.

I was not going to go there but I agree, the ones I have played event the high end ones were terrible.
As a former Ovation owner I must say I thought they were easy

to play and they sound good plugged in but not otherwise.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top