Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 10:53:49 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Between the initial purchase cost of Liberty (or any off the lot vehicle for that matter) and the cost of those mods, I would have just had S&N build me one of their kick ass rock buggies. It would have been less expensive and you wouldn't worry about flopping it.

If you never plan on taking a Liberty rock crawling, it never leaves its league.

The initial purchase cost of a Liberty justifies having no rust and heat that works in a vehicle that can actually go places.

...inference

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 11:05:07 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The mods that you are looking at cost 15,000 in LABOR!  Just on the suspension!

It'd be about 75 large, all done up.  

Plus the cost of the jeep!

I was about to post that. I'm jsut telling these guys about it for fun.

BTW, this is my brother guys.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 11:14:33 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Between the initial purchase cost of Liberty (or any off the lot vehicle for that matter) and the cost of those mods, I would have just had S&N build me one of their kick ass rock buggies. It would have been less expensive and you wouldn't worry about flopping it.

If you never plan on taking a Liberty rock crawling, it never leaves its league.

The initial purchase cost of a Liberty justifies having no rust and heat that works in a vehicle that can actually go places.

...inference

Speaking of being out of one's league, do you even know what is being discussed? Hint: It has nothing to do with rusty old classics or heat.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 11:19:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

If someone really paid close to $90k+ for that it just goes to show that there is indeed a sucker born every minute. Sheesh, it's only wearing 35's.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 11:20:34 PM EDT
[#5]
gay
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 11:21:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
gay

Uh oh.

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 11:21:59 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If someone really paid close to $90k+ for that it just goes to show that there is indeed a sucker born every minute. Sheesh, it's only wearing 35's.

Tractech had it built for Sema. S&N didn't charge their full labor rate.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 11:22:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
gay

Uh oh.

Lol, I don't see much of a use for it either, but its cool.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 11:27:00 PM EDT
[#9]
It more than doubled the number of phone calls that S&N gets, and put them on the map.  They are one of the best fab shops in the country, and the reason that these shops build silly rigs like this is to tell everyone that they know their shit, and can build whatever you can dream up.

For $50 an hour.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 11:37:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
It more than doubled the number of phone calls that S&N gets, and put them on the map.  They are one of the best fab shops in the country, and the reason that these shops build silly rigs like this is to tell everyone that they know their shit, and can build whatever you can dream up.

For $50 an hour.

Maybe they'll be able to drum up enough business to replace their tow rig that got wrecked earlier this year.

Check out the first SFA KJ:

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:04:21 AM EDT
[#11]
I worked as a tech at a Jeep store in '01-'02, wife had one as a demo as well [4x4 limited].

I can honestly say that they are built well, drive well, safer than the Cherokee, we saw very few problems from them. Plenty of pep in the V6.

They are plenty capable off-road for most intents and purposes. In fact, more capable than most other SUV's in its class, if not all.

The CRD will be awesome, but if that price is true, they can kiss my ass...for that kind of money, you can get a decent Diesel pickup. They will price themselves right out of the market.  

Dunno why some supposed "hardcore Jeepers" think the Lib is "unworthy"...when we've had 2WD GC's and Cherokees running around for years. I could give a shit about the gay Jeep wave...I drove a Cherokee 4x4 for years and never got one.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:09:29 AM EDT
[#12]
I just saw a CRD the other day around here.

I still say it's a decent vehicle with a few small caveats (foot room for larger people chief among them).
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:13:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Just another Sport Utility Car. It depreciates just like all the rest.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 9:15:32 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

As opposed to all those other vehicle that appreciate in value?
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 9:23:17 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

As opposed to all those other vehicle that appreciate in value?

My CJ-8 is appreciating in value.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 9:49:38 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I drove both vehicles on the same rutted dirt roads.

The Cherokee never drug the roadbed once.

The Liberty drags on the same roadbeds times too numerous to count.

So if the Liberty was .2" of an inch higher it would be ok????

No.  If the Liberty wouldn't--more so than a SFA vehicle--stuff either front wheel so readily, and therefore allow the frame to contact the ground, it would be ok.  It's more than a simple basic, just sitting there, ground clearance "problem."  I suspect you know that already though, and if tyou frequent jeepsunlimited, I'm very confident you do.

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 10:23:06 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

The CRD will be awesome, but if that price is true, they can kiss my ass...for that kind of money, you can get a decent Diesel pickup. They will price themselves right out of the market.  

My take is DCX wants to start with a high price and then discount it until they hit their sales projections.  They're trying to see the receptivity of the market (outside of full-size pick-ups) to diesels.

I hope it comes down in price, I'd love to get one.  I know two people who have owned Mercedes diesels and they both put +200,000 miles on them.  Great reputation for durability.

Anyway, I have 87k on the Cherokee, so I can wait a while before I have to get a new vehicle.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 11:43:22 AM EDT
[#18]
There's actually an off-road Libby club here in So. Cal.  Minor lifts, knowing the limits of the vehicle, and good driving skill they do some decent trails.  If you're not rock crawling or anything near extreme, it should serve well.  Of course, the guys that do wheel theirs often start to do more and more challengeing stuff, that's where problems occur.  The Jeep wave b.s. seems to be a short wheelbase thing.  I've seen full blown, SledgeHammer/upper HellDorado capable XJ's and ZJ's get nothing but a curious stare from "real Jeep" drivers .  For a daily driver that'll get you to the slopes and back, it should serve well.  Wait till the prices start to come down a bit before you buy (especially the NEW diesel).  Guys were haveing a hard time negotiating on the rubicon's when they first came out, now the dealers are starting to become a little more friendly.  

The other option is find a 2000 Cherokee/Grand Chero with NP242 t-case and get it fully modded.  Then you're covered for dirt or street with dough left over for gas.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 10:13:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Spoke with a local dealer today- sounds like they want around $300 per month for 36 months,  to lease a pretty well equipped 4X4 Liberty.  I'll try to do CavVet proud, and I'll let you all know what happens...with pics of course.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 10:15:55 AM EDT
[#20]
they look like chick-mobiles to me
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top