Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 3:26:58 AM EDT
[#1]
My condolences and my deepest sympathy to you and your family.  I thank you and I thank your family for what your dad did in Vietnam. From all of the Vietnameses who live in freedom....We thank him.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 3:34:54 AM EDT
[#2]
steve, i'm so sorry for your loss.
curt
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 3:44:57 AM EDT
[#3]
My Dad died of cancer in july........he was a sailor in the korean war..........He loved the sea........he loved his country......he loved his family.......

I feel your loss as if its mine.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 3:50:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Day is done, gone the sun,
From the hills, from the lake,
From the skies.
All is well, safely rest,
God is nigh.

Go to sleep, peaceful sleep,
May the soldier or sailor,
God keep.
On the land or the deep,
Safe in sleep.

Love, good night, Must thou go,
When the day, And the night
Need thee so?
All is well. Speedeth all
To their rest.

Fades the light; And afar
Goeth day, And the stars
Shineth bright,
Fare thee well; Day has gone,
Night is on.

Thanks and praise, For our days,
'Neath the sun, Neath the stars,
'Neath the sky,
As we go, This we know,
God is nigh.

God Bless your Father,
from a Sailor to a Marine.

"fair winds and following seas.."
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 4:14:01 AM EDT
[#5]
It saddens me greatly to hear of the death of your Father. He sounds like a wonderful man, and he must have been to have raised a son such as you. May the Lord be with you and your family during this dark period in your lives.

I know it doesn't seem like it ever will, but the sun [u]will[/u] shine again and chase all the darkness away.

'To speak the name of the dead is to make them live again.'

Eric The(SaddenedByYourLoss)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 4:55:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Very sorry Steve....lost my dad some years back....remember...He is always here in your spirit,and your family`s......God bless all of you......Ken............(he was obviously a special man)
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 5:26:37 AM EDT
[#7]
My prayers and condolences for you and family today, God bless.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 5:27:20 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't open & read a lot of topics on the forum but this one needs a response.

I join the guys who have said if he went doing what he loved than he was far better off that the vast majority.  

Keep all the great memories.  I'll be facing the same in the not too distant future & I don't live close enough to see him enough.  
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 5:34:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Steve I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your father.  I know there is nothing I can say to console you, but you & your family will be in our prayers.

Scott
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 5:40:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 5:56:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Steve,

Very sorry to hear about your father.  Heartfelt condolences to you and your family.
If you require any assistance in getting his affairs in order, please don't hesitate to ask.  There is much to do and several military offices to inform about his passing.  (One of my most unpleasant jobs while serving was that of Casualty Assistance Calls Officer.)  I have a few phone numbers and POCs for you if needed.  The folks at retired affairs branch of HQMC and at Defense Finance office in Cleveland can help too.  The folks at Quantico can be of major help.  You can count on the Marine Corps family in tough times.
Contact me if you need any help.
All the best.

[marines]
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 6:02:59 AM EDT
[#12]
My condolences to you and yours take care friend.PG
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 6:04:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Please accept my condolences, Steve.  Seems like a lot of unexpected tragedies always happen around the holiday season.  I guess that's why we have them.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 6:14:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Steve -
Remember the good and continue his life through you to your children.  Your honor and love for him will survive.  My hopes and prayers are there to help you and your family through this difficult time.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 7:20:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Steve - I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your father.  He sounds like he was a good man and the kind of man that everyone will remember fondly.  Please know that your father, you and your family will be in our prayers.  

B Man
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 7:25:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Everyone,

I can't tell you how comforting your responses are.  My mother has a print out of this entire thread and is currently reading all of your messages and appropriate quotes.  Thank you very much.

Steve
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 7:31:50 AM EDT
[#17]
I am very sorry to hear of your loss. If there is anything I can do to help just ask.

PO Ray Q.
NYPD
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 7:47:56 AM EDT
[#18]
my dad died two tears ago jan. 9 he was my hero also..korean war vet, vietnam vet,he was in the airforce for twenty three years before retiring.Striker said it all. R.I.P. all of our heros need to be remembered.   dave
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 8:40:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Our prayers are with you Steve.

Your dad was a hero to you AND to the rest of us!  
It is people like your father that guaranteed our freedom by bravely serving in our armed forces.

I cannot even begin to comprehend your loss.
My father means the world to me and I don't know how I would ever deal with his loss.

Keep Strong and God Bless Your Family!
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 9:09:45 AM EDT
[#20]
I would like to add my condolences as well - to you and your family, I am saddend by your loss.

Having lost my father (a WW II vet), I understand a lot of what you are going through.  It does get easier to move from day to day as the days and months pass.

Link Posted: 11/30/2001 9:33:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Steve,

May I extend my most heart felt sympathies to you and your family.

I pray that God will wrap His love and blessings around everyone during this terrible ordeal.

Link Posted: 11/30/2001 9:35:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Steve, I'm a new member to the site and I just wanted to offer my condolences in your loss.

I lost my dad to an unexpected heart attack in '96 so I can relate a little.  He was a Marine during the Korean war and he was my hero as well.  

Hang in there and my thoughts will be with you and your family.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 10:44:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Steve, I am so incredibly sorry.  I know how close you are with your family and this is just a total shock.  Death seems to be the hardest for those left behind.  

You and your family are in my prayers.  Take care of each other.  

P.S. If you need anything let me know...  
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 10:52:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 10:54:02 AM EDT
[#25]
my condolences, Steve. i know exactly what its like. your father was a hero, and he lives on ~ in you.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 11:04:47 AM EDT
[#26]
Always we lose the good ones.  I'm sorry.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 1:07:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Steve....I am very sorry for your loss...he sounds like he was quite a guy....semper fi
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 1:30:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Steve,
Fair winds and following sea's to your Dad and he will be in my prayers. Another shipmate has retuned to thier homeport.....
Gil Frank, USN(ret)
Vietnam Vet, Rivron5 Rivdiv3
68-69
[marines]
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 2:26:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Very sorry for your loss Steve.  May the great Marine Aviator be greeted by A.A. Cunningham, Chesty, Dan Daly, and the rest of the gang.  

remember:
[b] Some people go through life wondering if they've made a difference... Marines don't have that problem[/b]

Sounds like he was a man to be loved and respected.

Condolences and Semper Fi.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 3:05:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Steve, sorry to hear about your father.
He will be one of the Marines guarding the streets of heaven.
Semper Fi.

[smoke]
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 3:26:50 PM EDT
[#31]
My condolences, Steve
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 3:36:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Steve, You and your family are in our prayers.
You lost your Dad and America lost a Patriot.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 3:37:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 3:45:57 PM EDT
[#34]
My condolences to you and your family. He sounded like a great man.

No_Expert
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 4:33:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Steve,  I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your father. I can't imagine how you must feel. You and your family our in my prayers.  Pat
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 4:48:15 PM EDT
[#36]
My sincere condolences.  My brother in-law died 2 summers ago when his fishing boat sank during a storm.  Local fishing communities are tight groups and will most likely be there for support.

Link Posted: 11/30/2001 7:09:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Steve, I am so sorry. Mt heart goes out to you and your family.
Lori
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 8:23:43 PM EDT
[#38]
My condolences
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 11:25:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 11:40:54 PM EDT
[#40]
I'm very sorry to hear of this, Steve. Let me know if there's anything I can do for you. I'll be down in VA Beach this weekend.
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 4:56:12 AM EDT
[#41]
Memorial sevice today at Oregon Inlet.  Dad wanted to be cremated and so we've split half for the inlet and half for the service at Arlington National Cemetery.  That will be on December 13, 2001 at 2pm if anyone from the site wants to attend.  It will be for Lt. Col. (Ret.) Allen L. Frucci.

We had a gathering last night and one of my dad's bests freinds, James Cox (from VMF 235, dad was 122) came and told stories until late in the evening.  Guy reminds me so much of my dad it's scary.  His squadron was the "mushroom soup" group from the Great Santini book.  He said my dad's squadron was even roudier than his.  Kinda scary (in a good way).  

Thanx again everyone.

Steve
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 7:45:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Very sorry to hear of your loss Steve...
I just lost my Dad on Oct 1st, and I know exactly how you feel...
He died at age 64 of a heart attack, very unexpectedly and without warning.
He was at home with my Mom, and took his last breath while she held him in her arms...

The most difficult thing I've ever had to do in my 34 years, is bury my Father...
A pain you cannot imagine...

Less than 24 hours after his passing, we are forced to make decisions like: What kind of casket to bury him in, what kind of vault for the casket, what clothes for him to wear for the viewing...

These are the most difficult things to take care of...The whole time thinking, "Just yesterday he was fine"

Just remember Steve, your father died while doing what he loved to do...That's very important...

My Dad was at home, and with Mom when he died...He told my Mom long ago, this is how he wanted to go...

He got his wish...

Again, our deepest sympathy...

Art & Charlene
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 7:47:48 AM EDT
[#43]
My condolences.
Your father was a great Man.
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 8:26:58 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 8:54:56 AM EDT
[#45]
I'm so sorry for your loss, Steve.  Hang in there.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 11:17:21 AM EDT
[#46]
to your father...one final salute.

to you and your family...my prayers.
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 11:35:31 AM EDT
[#47]
Steve,

I am very saddened to hear of your Father’s passing. Wish you and your family strength and love to help you all though this period in time.
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 1:38:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Steve,
     My dad was a WWII Army Fighter 'Jock' with the 75th Fighter Squadron, Chennault's wartime, 'Flying Tigers'. Three Zero's confirmed. Unfortunately I never got a chance to know him, he is buried in an unmarked grave in somewhere in Hollywood,Fl. I found that out two years after his passing due to drinking himself to death. Ironically, I was in Army Aviation in Vietnam and we both flew the same AO, over Indochina.
                                  It's both interesting, and clear, your father taught you the important values in life, one of which is your willingness to share your loss with others. I'm sure the 'grunt's upstairs will snap to attention as one of the 'Finest' passes through the 'Pearly Gates'....

'De Frenchman'
                RVN 66-68
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 2:17:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Steve,

Words become inadequate at times like this.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.  

John
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 7:16:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Sorry for your loss Steve. Your father sounds like a good man who lived an interesting life. My prayers to you and your family.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top